• ベストアンサー

高校英語の動名詞のとこで質問です。

He is proud that he was captain of the team. を He is proud of his ( )( ) captain of the team. という形に変えないといけません。答えもわかりません。なぜそうなるのかetc... 教えてください!!!

noname#15360
noname#15360
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • NTLTL
  • ベストアンサー率100% (2/2)
回答No.1

He is proud of his (having) (been) captain of the team. という形になるでしょう。 He is proud that he is captain of the team. を同じように書き換えるのであれば、 He is proud of his being captain of the team. となるでしょうが、主節と従属節の時制が異なるので、動名詞の時制をひとつ前に戻すということで、 being captainのところがhaving been captainとなります。 動名詞の主語を表すときには、動名詞の前に所有格(または目的格)を置けばよいということになるので、その前にhisがここでは置いてあります。ただ、主節のHeと従属節の主語のheが同じ人物を指すのであれば、hisはなくてもよいと思います。

noname#15360
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。 役立ちました!!!

関連するQ&A

• 分詞と動名詞について質問です。

分詞の問題で There was no doubt that he had heard the news. =There was no doubt of his having heard the news. というのがあります。 二つ目の文章のof his having heard the news.の部分を文法上理解できないのですが、どうしてこのような形になるんでしょうか?

• 動名詞

こんばんは。 宜しくお願いいたします。 Q1:並び替え問題です 私はその事実を知らないことを恥じている。という日本文を英文に直すとI am ashamed of not knowing the fact.でよいでしょうか。 Q2:2つの英文をほぼ同じ意味にするように( )に適語をうめる問題です。 He insists that his purse was stolen on the train. He insists that on his purse ( ) ( ) ( ) on the train. 答えはhaving been stolenです、どうしてこうなるのでしょうか。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 動名詞の書き換え問題

お世話になります。 1.彼女は、見知らぬ人から突然話しかけられてびっくりした。 She was surprised ( )( )( )( ) suddenly by a staranger.   自分の答えto being spoken to 疑問はShe was surprised at the news.のように名詞の前はatですが、動名詞の前はtoそれともat のどちらですか。 動名詞を使って書き換えなさい。(自分の答えで合っていますか。) 1.Frank is angry that I never give my opinion clearly. =Frankly is angry at my never giving my opinion cleraly. 疑問 前置詞はatでもaboutでもいいですか。 2.He is happy that his favorite soccer team won the game yesterday. =He is happy at his favorite soccer team having won the game yesterday. 疑問 前置詞はatでもaboutでもいいですか。forも使えますか。 以上よろしくお願いします。

• 動名詞(構文)を使った書き換えが全くわかりません

下の文を動名詞(構文)を使って書き換えたらどうなるか教えてください She insisted that her husband should cook lunch yesterday The man denied that he had failed in business As soon as I finish my homework, I will go to see the movie It is impossible to tell when he wil get better It is of no use to tell him so I am proud that my son won the speech contest I am sure that your daughter will be nurse She was proud that she was healthy I could`t but cry alound for help I was surprised that the mountain was covered with a lot of snow The train didon`t arrive at the station on time on account of the earthquake He complains that his room is too small My parents object bthat I go abroad

• 動名詞(構文)を使った書き換えが全くわかりません

動名詞(構文)を使った書き換えが全くわかりません 下の文を動名詞(構文)を使って書き換えたらどうなるか教えてください She insisted that her husband should cook lunch yesterday The man denied that he had failed in business As soon as I finish my homework, I will go to see the movie It is impossible to tell when he wil get better It is of no use to tell him so I am proud that my son won the speech contest I am sure that your daughter will be nurse She was proud that she was healthy I could`t but cry alound for help I was surprised that the mountain was covered with a lot of snow The train didon`t arrive at the station on time on account of the earthquake He complains that his room is too small My parents object bthat I go abroad

• 動名詞の意味上の主語のある文

(1)He insisted on my paying the money. (2)He insisted on me paying the money. が 両方OK文なのは、わかるのですが、 (1)にすると(つまりmyです。)  He insisted on my paying of the money. ⇒ my paying で名詞あつかいにしてしまう。(ちゃんとした名詞は、paymentとかいうのは、わかります。)というので of をつけたりするのは、 どうなんでしょうか? やはり paying 分詞あつかいの目的語のthe moneyで ofなんてつけるのを考えるのは、論外なのでしょうか?   I was proud of his winning of the race. も同様の考えです。 どうなんでしょう? やっぱり I was proud of his (him) winning the race. ですか?  宜しくお願いいたします。

• 動名詞を教えてください。

次の文でかっこで指摘されているところを動名詞を使って、全文書き換えてください。 (1)I was aware that he was mistaken.(that he was mistaken) 次の各組がほぼ同じ文になるようにかっこに適語を入れてください。 (2)I'm ashamed that I behaved so badly last night. →I'm ashamed of ( ) ( ) so badly last night. (3)My father insisted on our waiting for the train. →My father insisted that ( ) ( ) wait for the train. (4)She is ashamed that she broke her promise. →She is ashamed of ( ) broken her promise. 次の文のかっこに適するものを選んでください。 (5)I always enjoy ( ) to classical music. アlistening イto listen ウin listening エthat I listen この問題を解いてみると、 (1)I was aware of being his mistake. (2)I'm ashamed of me behaving so badly last night. (3)My father insisted that we should wait for the train. (4)She is ashamed of having broken her promise. (5)ア になりました。 間違っているところがあったら教えていただけませんか。 できれば、間違っているところを訂正していただけると助かります。

• 動名詞

1 I need to repair my car =My car needs ( ) 2 Would you mind if I smoke? =Would you mind ( ) ( ) 3 Whenever I visit him, I find him absent =I never visit him( ) finding him absent 4 He insisted that I should pay for it =He insisted on ( )( )for it 5 She is proud that she got high scores =She is proud of ( ) ( )high scores 6 Lee couldn't go to the concert because of a cold =A cold prevented Lee ( )( )to the concert 7 Needless to say, you have to do your best =It goes ( )( )that you have to do your best 8 It is impossible to tell what will happen in the future =There is ( ) ( )what will happen in the future という問題なんですが、よくわかりません。 答えと訳を教えて頂けたらありがたいです お願いします!!!」

• 高校英語 動名詞の書き換え・和訳

★複文に書き換えよ。 (1)He forgot his daughter's being the fastest runner in her class. →He forgot that his daughter was the fastest runner in her class.(wasのところが違うらしい) (2)I have never heard that this has happened before. →??? (3)I am afraid that the situation may get worse. →I am afraid of the situation getting worse. ★動名詞を用いて英訳しなさい。 (4)彼はもっと早くに手紙を書かなかったことを申し訳なく思った →He was sorry for not having written the letter (もっと早く). (6)君は早起きに慣れるべきだ →You should be used to getting up early. 動名詞の問題です。 添削をお願いします!

• he is proud that his father has three fordsを書き換える

he is proud that his father has three fordsを he is proud ofに書き換えたときは、 he is proud of hisfather having three fords になるのでしょうかそれとも he is proud of hisfather for having three fords になるのでしょうか? よろしくおねがいします