• ベストアンサー

教科書のFree The Children(ユニコン英語II)という課の英文について。

Later that day, I wrote down every question that we couldn't answer. I called one of my older friends at the University of Toronto. He offered to check the university library for material on child labor. Our group read all the material he could find. Day by day, the answers began to build up. I put together a three-page letter to the class we had spoken to. It began: "Thank you very much for your challenging questions. We have done research on the problems you raised and have found some answers. If you have more questions, we will be more than happy to respond to them." We learned that knowledge was our key. その日の後に、私はトロント大学で私の年上の友達の一人を呼んだ。彼は児童労働の資料を大学の図書館で調べると申し出た。私達のグループは彼が見つけれたすべての資料を読みました。日ごとに、その答えは増え始めた。私は私達が話したクラスに3ページの手紙をまとめた。はじめに「あなた達の挑戦的な質問をどうもありがとう。私達はあなた達が挙げたその問題を調査していくらかの問題を見つけた。」私達は知識が私達の鍵であると学んだ。』 と訳しました。誤訳があれば指摘し正しい訳を教えてください。(よろしければ全訳お願いします。)

noname#16001
noname#16001
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

Later that day において,later は「~の後」のように前置詞的にはなりません。「その日,(会の)後に」「その日,会が終わってしばらくして」という意味です。「その日の後で」という日本語はあいまいです。  I wrote down every question that we couldn't answer. の訳が抜けています。  この called は「~に電話した」でしょう。  「見つけれた」→「見つけられた,見つけることができた」  challenging questions は「考えさせられるような質問」でしょうか。  「問題を調査していくらかの問題を見つけた」→「問題に関して調査して,いくつかの答えを見つけた」  If you have more questions, we will be more than happy to respond to them. の訳も抜けています。  最後の key は比喩的に訳してもいいかもしれません。  

noname#16001
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございました。本当に助かっています。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

Later that day, I wrote down every question that we couldn't answer. その日遅くなってから、私は答えることができない全ての質問を書き出した。 >私はトロント大学で私の年上の友達の一人を呼んだ。 私はトロント大学の私の年上の友達の一人に電話をかけた。 >私達はあなた達が挙げたその問題を調査していくらかの問題を見つけた。 私達はあなた達が挙げたその問題を調査していくつかの回答を見つけた。 細かいところは、自分で考えてみてください。これを続けていると、必ず英語の力がUpします。頑張ってください。

noname#16001
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございます。再度考えてみたいとおもいます。

関連するQ&A

• 教科書のFree The Children(ユニコン英語II)という課の英文について。(その8)

The poverty was worse than I had imagined. Some people feel a deep sense of despair, but I think that such emotion must take another direction. Instead of despair, I hear a call to action. I have continued to hear the call to action since I first read about lqbal. The call has pushed me forward. I believe this is the same call to action that moves workers for human rights around the world. We must not turn our eyes away from the fact that there are millions of children forced to work in violent and dangerous conditions. I will spread the word about the suffering of all the children I met. As citizens of the world, we are all responsible for one another. "We must be the change we want to see," Gandhi said. That change starts within each one of us and will not end until all children are free to be children. 『その貧困は私が想像したよりもひどかった。何人かの人々は深い絶望感を感じていたが、私はそのような感情が別の方向へとらなければならないと思った。絶望の代わりに私は行動への呼び声を聞いた。私は最初イクバルについて読んで以来行動への呼び声を聞き続けた。その呼び声は私を前へ押し動かした。(I believe...around the worldまでの訳し方が分かりません。)私達は暴力的で危険な状況で働かされている何百もの子供たちがいるという事実から目をそむけてはいけない。私は私があった全ての子供たちの苦しみについて言葉を広げるつもりです。世界の国民として、私達はお互いに全ての責任がある。「私達が見たい変化に違いない」とガンジーは言った。その変化は私たち一人それぞれの中で始まって全ての子供達が自由に子供達とすることができるまで終わらないだろう。』 誤訳があれば指摘し、正しい訳を教えてください

• 教科書のFree The Children(ユニコン英語II)という課の英文について。

A few days later, in order to inform people about child laborers I formed a group with some classmates. We named our group "Free the Children." Within a few months, our group had built a solid foundation. We had a name, a definite goal, and an office (the den in my house). We drew up a letter which told about Free the Children. With our principal's help, we sent a copy to the schools in our area. ・・・という英文で、 「数日後、児童労働者について人々に知らせようと、私はいくつかの同級生とグループを結成しました。私たちは自分たちのグループを「自由な子供たち」と名づけました。数ヶ月以内に私たちのグループは頑丈な土台を建てました。私たちは名前や、明確な目標、事務所(私の家のほら穴)をもちました。 私たちはフリー・ザ・チルドレンについて伝える手紙を書きました。校長先生の助けで、私たちは自分たちの地域の学校にコピーを送りました。」 と自分で訳したのですが、誤訳があれば指摘し(細かいところもお願いします。)正解を教えてください。また、全訳もお願いします。

When we finished, we asked for questions. One student said, "If you stop child labor in some countries, the whole economy may fall and many people will lose their jobs." Another student asked, "How can the rich people in the developed countries tell the poor people in the Third World how to raise their children? What will happen to those children after they are taken out of child labor?" Often we had to say that we didn't have an answer. という英文で 『私たちが終えたときに質問を求められた。ある生徒は「もし、あなたはいくらかの国々で児童労働をやめると経済全体が落ち込んで多くの人々は自分の職を失ってしまうかもしれない。」と言いました。他の生徒たちは「どうしたら先進国の裕福な人々がタイの世界の貧しい人々に自分の子供たちの育て方を教えることができるのか。彼らは児童労働で解放された後にこれらの子供たちの身に起こるのは何だろうか。よく私たちは答えを持っていないという必要があった。』 と訳しました。誤訳があれば指摘し正しい訳を教えてください。(よろしければ全訳お願いします。)

In late May we received a request to speak to a World Studies class at one high school. Thirty students filled the room. It looked like a mini-United Nations; there were students from many different ethnic backgrounds. The members of our group took turns speaking. "There are more than 250 million children working in the world," I told the students. "That's equal to the entire population of the United States." By the end of the presentation, the students were just as shocked as we had been when we first heard about child labor. という英文で、 「5月下旬に、私たちはある高校でのワールドスタディーズの授業で話すよう依頼を受けました。30人の生徒が教室を埋めています。それは、小さな国際連合のように見えました。多くの異なった民族背景出身の生徒たちがいました。私たちのグループの一員は交代で話しをしました。「世界で働いている2億5000万人以上います。と私はその生徒たちに言いました。「それはアメリカ合衆国の全体人口に等しい。」その発表の終わりまでには、その生徒たちは私たちが最初に児童労働者について聞いたときに受けたのと同様にショックを受けました。」 と自分で訳したのですが、誤訳があれば指摘し、正しい訳を教えてください。(よろしければ全訳もお願いします。)

• 教科書のFree The Children(ユニコン英語II)という課の英文について。(その7)

My life is divided into two parts - before I went to Asia and after. The trip changed me forever. I am still being strongly influenced by the things I saw and the people I met. My most unforgettable memories will always be those suffering children in South Asia: the face of the young girl who was separating the syringes; the eyes of the boy in a brick factory who told me he was working to pay off a loan taken out by his grandfather. という英文で 『私の人生は二つの部分に分けられた。私がアジアに行く前と行った後。その旅行は私を永久に変えた。私はまだ私が見たものや会った人々に強く影響されていた。私の最も忘れられない記憶は南アフリカでいつもこういった苦しんでいる子供たちがいることだろう。注射器を切り離していた若い少女の顔、祖父によって借りられた借金を全部返す為に働いていと私に言ったレンガ工場少年の目、があった。』 と訳しました。誤訳があれば指摘し(細かい内容もお願いします。)正しい訳を教えてください。(よろしければ全訳もお願いします。)

One morning in April 1995, I sat down at the breakfast table as usual to read the comics in the newspaper. But I didn't make it past the front page. One big headline caught my eye: "Child Laborer, Boy, 12, Murdered." It was a shock. Twelve about the same age as I was. I could hardly believe the story. After school I went to the public library to study the problem of child labor. I found a few newspaper articles: children younger than me working hard in coal mines; others injured or killed by explosions at fireworks factories. Why was nothing being done to stop such terrible things? As I walked home through my middle-class neighborhood, my thoughts were on the other side of the world. And my own world seemed a little darker. ・・・という英文で 「1995年4月のある朝、私は新聞で漫画を読むために普通、テーブルの朝食のところに座ります。しかし、私は、最初のページを飛ばしませんでした。ある大きな見出しが私の目を捕まえました。「児童労働者、少年、12、殺される」私はその話をほとんど信じることができませんでした。放課後私は児童労働者の問題を勉強するために公共の図書館へ行きました。私は2,3の新聞記事、私よりも若い子供が炭鉱で一生懸命に働いているとか他の人たちが花火工場の爆発でけがしたり殺されたということを見つけました。そのようなひどいことをやめるために何もされていなかったのはなぜですか。私はクラスの真ん中の近所の人を通して家まで歩くとき、私の考えは世界の他の端にあった。そして、私自身の世界は少し暗くように思われる。 と自分で訳したのですが、誤訳があれば指摘し(細かいところもお願いします。)正解を教えてください。(また、全訳もお願いします。)

• 教科書のFree The Children(ユニコン英語II)という課の英文について。(その6)

That summer I met Dr. Panuddha Boonpala, a woman from the International Labor Organization in Geneva. She had worked with child laborers in the streets and factories of Thailand. "If you really want to understand the problem of child labor," she told me, "then you should go to South Asia and meet the children yourself." In December that year I left on a 7-week trip to visit Bangladesh, Thailand, India, Nepal, and Pakistan. During the trip I talked with a lot of working children. I met lqbal's mother, too. I also took part in a demonstration against child labor and a raid on a carpet factory to free the children held there. いう英文で 『その夏に私はジェンバの国際労働機関からの女性であるパナタブーンパラさんに出会った。彼女は通りやタイの工場で児童労働者と共に働いた。「もし、あなたは本当に児童労働者の問題を理解したいのなら、」と彼女は言って「それならばあなたは南アジアに行ってあなた自身の子供たちに会うべきだ。」その年の12月に私はバングラディシュやタイ、インド、ネパール、パキスタンを訪れる7週間の旅行に出発した。その旅行の間、私は多くの働いている子供たちと話した。私はイクバルの母とも会った。私は児童労働に反対するデモやそこで拘束された子供たちを解放するためのカーペット工場での襲撃にもまた参加した。』 と訳しました。誤訳があれば指摘し(細かい内容もお願いします。)正しい訳を教えてください。(よろしければ全訳もお願いします。)

• hold it

I am having an issue with our 13-year-old bichon frise and am hoping that you can point me in the right direction. We adopted our dog when he was 1 year old, and he was house-trained. Until recently, our work schedule allowed us to walk him three times a day. Midsummer, my husband changed jobs, and we now are able to walk him only twice a day. It had not been an issue until recently. For the past two months, he has been going in the house nearly every day while we are at work. We have consulted the vet, and our dog was medically cleared. The vet suggested we sedate him during the day with a mild sedative, saying that should decrease the accidents. I have a few issues. I do not believe that it's right to sedate our dog just because he cannot hold it any longer. ここでのhold itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• この英文(英語)を日本語に翻訳してください。

Thanks for contacting us, we do regret for the wrong time having sent to you. Are you willing to accept our suggestion of $170 giftcard so that you may buy anything at our site? And you can keep the product you received. If you don't want to accept that, we'd like to replace the item to you soon.Your early reply and support will be appreciated!Have a nice day! あるサイトに間違ったものが届いたので変えてほしいといったらこう返ってきました。 翻訳ソフトの翻訳はやめてください。

• 海外の会社からの返信です。和訳お願いします。

海外の会社からの返信です。和訳お願いします。 I will need more information than that to go ahead and treat something a client hosts as abuse. None of our staff understand Japanese and hence it is difficult to ascertain whether that is infringing material. If you wish,you can prepare an email request that we will forward to our customer (however, he would take down the content only at his own discretion). Alternatively,you can me with further details and proof that this is infringing material under US law and we'll take it down right away. よろしくお願いします。