ベートーヴェンの葬送行進曲とキリスト教の名誉な方法についての質問

このQ&Aのポイント
  • キリスト教の名誉な方法において、ベートーヴェンの葬送行進曲や特別に作られた賛歌が伴われ、2つの記念の説教が行われました。
  • この方法により、19世紀の世俗主義の触媒とされた者が、イギリスのアビーロードにあるニュートンとライエルの墓の横に永眠することとなりました。
  • 質問者は、この質問文章の後半を正確に翻訳できず困っています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

また質問すみません;先ほどの続きです

In this honorable Christian way , accompanied by Beethoven's funeral march, a specially-composed anthem by the abbey's organist, and two memorial sermons by a canon and a bishop, did this erstwhile "scourge of orthodoxy" and supposed catalyst of 19th-century secularism come to rest beside the graves of Sir Isaac Newton and Sir Charles Lyell in the northeastern corner of the abbey's nave. 『この名誉なキリスト教の方法では、ベートーヴェンの葬送行進曲や、修道院のオルガン奏者によって特別に作られた賛歌や、司祭と司教による2つの記念の説教を伴い・・・』までは訳せたのですが、did以降をどう訳して何処で意味を区切ればいいのか困ってます。 ニュートンとライエルの墓の横に永眠したことは分かるのですが・・・うまく繋がらなくて; 回答お待ちしています。

• R-A-I
  • お礼率81% (114/140)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Riverview
  • ベストアンサー率63% (227/355)
回答No.1

did以下は普通の語順に直すと次のようになります。 this erstwhile "scourge of orthodoxy" and supposed catalyst of 19th-century secularism did come to rest・・・ 要旨は次の通りです。 ベートーヴェンの葬送行進曲、修道院のオルガン奏者演奏によるこの葬儀のために作曲された聖歌、並びに司祭と主教の追悼演説を伴うキリスト教の葬儀式に則って、かつて「正統派への禍」とされた者にして十九世紀の世俗主義の推進者はここで永遠の眠りについた。埋葬場所は修道院の身廊の北西の隅で、アイザック・ニュートン卿とチャールズ・ライエル卿の墓の隣である。

R-A-I
質問者

お礼

回答有難う御座います。 これで文の流れが分かりました。 有難う御座いました。

関連するQ&A

• 先ほど質問した文章の続きです。

先ほど質問した文章の続きです。 引き続き、翻訳していただきたいです。 お願いいたします。 Clark attributes the HA’s enthusiasm for his company’s technology in part to the low false alarm rate offered by radar.”Radar is not affected by rain,fog,dust,smoke or even bright sunlight,which can be a problem for video-based detection systems at tunnel portals,”he says.”Also,our radar quite different-even from other raders.Ours scans up and down the surface of the road and it covers the whole road,whereas a single-point system loses any vehicle that stops after that point.We offer a longer detection range,which ultimately means that fewer sensors are needed.”Clark views his system as being supplementary to video coverage however.”Most operators will still want to see an incident for themselves but using radar sensors to detect that incident means they’ll need fewer cameras.” Unsurprisingly for company with a background in security,Navtech Rader is now picking up ITS contracts in regions such as the Middle East.”We’ve been working on aproject in Kuwait for which we’ve sold a radar-based incident detection system for asecurity application,”Clark explains.”It’s being.used todetect incidents next to some oil field infrastructure.This particular part of the perimeter is a multilane highway and a single rader covers the hard shoulder,the lanes in the fast carriageway,the median strip and the lanes in the second carriageway.It also provides control massages to a pan/tilt/zoom(PTZ)camera so that any incidents it detects can be viewed by operators.”The projet went live some months ago and Clark is proud of how well his technology is performing in some very challenging environmental conditions(the radar was rated to 70℃ before being installed).” Aside from the fact it’s very hot,there’s also a lot of dust and sand,”he says.”Radar works very well as a detection system ground sensors would struggle.”

• 先ほどの質問の続き

一応以下のように訳したのですが、やはり途中で日本語がおかしくなってしまうので途中から「...」と表記してあります。すみません <1> But his spaceship leaves without him. So he's all alone. しかし彼の宇宙船は彼なし(←ここも不安です。)で... それで彼は一人ぼっちに...(何故he'sなのでしょうか。) <2> Eliott needs a friends,and E.T. become his best friend. Life becomes better for both of them. エリオットは友達が必要である、そしてE.T.は彼の最も良い友達に... (最も良い友達になる でいいのでしょうか?) 彼ら2人は人生で... すみません・・。英語は苦手ではないのですが、日本語がおかしくなってしまうのです。。

• 訳に困っています。

ダーウィンに関する本を読んでいて、訳が分からなくなってしまったので、質問させていただきました。自分の和訳レベルは中学生レベルです。 He had expected to be buried without fuss in the village churchyard. 彼は村の教会墓地で大げさにせず埋葬されることを求めていた。 Instead , in response to an appeal from 20 members of parliament, Darwin's body was taken to Westminster Abbey in London for a public funeral - borne through the nave by his sons, his scientific friends Hooker, Huxley, Wallace and Sir John Lubbock, and watched by representatives of every scientific society in Great Britain , and by ambassadors from all over the would. かわりに、議会の会員20人からの要求に応じて、ダーウィンの遺体は、彼の息子や、彼の科学の友であるフッカー、ハクスリー、ウォリス、そしてサー・ジョン・ラボックによって運ばれ、そして、イギリスのあらゆる科学協会の代理人と世界中からの大使によって見守られる国葬としてロンドンのウェストミンスター寺院に置かれた。 大げさにしないよう求めていた、という訳がおかしいのか、次の文と何かしっくりこない感じがします。 アドバイスで構いません。よろしくお願いします。

• 訳してください!↓続きです

These different approaches to knowledge are reflected in different relationships to the scholarly process. A scholar can play the role of a transcendent observer, applying rigorous reason and research to a chosen study and remaining unimplicated in the results of what is learnt. This relationship involves a strict separation of the observer from the observed and a trust of the 'other', be it the composer or the work, and a sense that the facts provided are what is needed. Or a scholar can be self-critical, acknowledging the power of language and the interdependence of language and meaning in musicological work. This may lead the scholar to ask not only theoretical questions but also political and ethical ones which may in turn shed light on some aspect of the larger would as reflected in music. Alternatively, a scholar can focus on personal insight, considering one's personal experience of music as a source of knowledge. Taking personal relevance or one's own perspective as the point of departure makes it clear that the scholar plays an important role in producing musical meaning. At the same time, such a perspective may have limitations as to the general relevance of the insights produced.

• go by と new time scheme の意味について

It simply means that now *we will be going by a new time scheme.* Much like physicists are discovering that the laws of Sir Isaac Newton are now somewhat out of date. *~*の意味がよくわからないのですが。どなたか教えてください! このgo by は採用すると言う意味ですか?

• 先程の続きです。 日本語訳お願いします。

Einsten often said that his most famous theory was also inspired by music, its forms and relationships. It seems that certain physical actions stimulate the brain,, create connections, and speed up thought. We have all had the experience of being literally unable to sit still when we are trying to resolve something in our minds. We pace up and down or shake a leg, almost as if such nvoluntary motions were needed to move our thoughts forward. Sometimes the mind-body relationship works a bit differently: while taking a long walk or rowing a boat across the lake, just letting our thoughts. drift, we suddenly receive from the subconscious, without effort, the solution to a problem that had been troubling us for weks. I personally know that playing the piano has this effect; maybe it has something to do with both sides of the brain being stimulated by the independent movements of both hands. In any case, I have to keep a notebook handy while practicing, because I tend to get the answers to all kinds of questions ranging from the insignificant (where I left the car keys) to the significant (my life goal for the next decade). This mind-body unity is only one of the rewards to be found in making music, at any level, as an adult. Ironically, far too many adults who study music under the general category of "amateurs," are so modest in their expectations of mastering an instrument that these rewards turn .out to be much less than what they might have been. The paradox is that adult music learners, while they often have the lowest expectations, are in a uniquely excellent position to succeed. Many take up an instrument with warmhearted desire, love of music, leisure time and extra money to support the lessons. Even more importantly, they approach music with more maturity and intelligence. But how much can adults learn if they are constantly comparing themselves negatively to others (children, no less) and feeling guilty about every unmusical wrong note? Add to this the mistaken notion of practice as boring discipline, acceptance of the traditional "no-mistakes" approach to learning, and uncertainty that they have any real talent for music, and they soon find themselves in a state of semi-paralysis of body and mind. Even the word amateur has conflicts of meaning. While it literally means "lover" in French, it can also carry the connotation of dabbler, a person who is somehow fated never to be very good. To describe someone's work as amateurish usually is not a compliment. But amateur status can be joyous-embracing free choice, pure love of what one is doing, and endless possibilities for discovery. (Adapted from a work by William Westney)

• さっきの英文の続きです… 訳お願いします。

Many new scams use e-mail. Some are just modern version of old tricks - for example, news of a lottery win comes by e-mail instead of by post. The fact that the same e-mail can be sent to thousands of people at once, and at practically no cost, makes life much easier for the criminal, who will be happy even if only one or two percent of people reply. Another increasingly common scam concerns online banking, and it too uses e-mail. You get a massage, apparently from your bank, asking you to confirm your account number and login details. If you are foolish enough to send this information off, It isn't long before most or all of the money in your account has been transferred out. By now most people have heard of this happening, and are unlikely to be fooled by this sort of message. さっきの続きです… 英文訳お願いします!

• 英文質問 その2

When designing Congress, what kind of representation did the small states want? What kind did the big states want? という質問に対して該当する文章を探しています。 As the country developed a stronger sense of national identity after the Civil War, and as claims of corruption in the selection of Senators grew, the demand for direct election of Senators grew. This was finally achieved with the 17th amendment in 1913. A minority of people still argue that this amendment was a mistake, and that an important check on the federal government was lost when the state legislatures’ representation in Congress was eliminated. But even though the state legislatures are no longer directly represented in the Senate, each state still has equal representation, and are so are still represented as distinct political bodies: Wyoming’s less than 600,000 people and California’s 40 million people have the same voice. Some people argue that this is undemocratic, and see the Senate as illegitimate, while others see it as important to ensure the small states are not dominated by a handful of big states. こちらの文章の1段落目を参考にしたのですが、 質問に対して、small stateは州議会の議論を求めている。ということでいいでしょうか? そして2段落目では、big stateはsmall stateが数の少ないbig stateを支配しないことを求めている。 ということでいいでしょうか?

• 英文についての質問です。

To ponder interminably over the reason for one's own existence or the meaning of life in general seems to me, from an objective point of view, to be sheer folly. And yet everyone holds certain ideals by which he guides his aspiration and his judgment. The ideals which have always shone before me and filled me with the joy of living are goodness, beauty, and truth. To make a goal of comfort or happiness has never appealed to me; a system of ethics built on this basis would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle.  (What I Believe by A. Einstein) 最後の英文の個所の意味がとれません。 a system of ethics built on this basis would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle. 1)this basisはTo make a goal of comfort or happiness のことですか? 2)~would be sufficient only for a herd of cattle. の意味がわからないのですが herd of cattleは「烏合の衆」という意味ですか? この原則の上に立てられる倫理(道義)のシステムは烏合の衆にのみ十分であろう? どんなことを言っているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• サインが必要なのか、どこにするのか教えてください。

以下抜粋ですが、どなたか教えてください。アパートの定款及び細則の変更についてなんですが順番に約してきましたが、最後にこれは、どこにサインをしたら良いのか、いや、サインは必要ないのか?と解らなくなりました。 ・・・・ ・・・・ THIS CERTIFIES that the undersigned is the Secretary of the above-named Association and that the foregoing is the true, full and correct resolution passed by the Board of Directors thereof at a meeting of said Board legally called and held on May 29, 2014, at which a quorum was present and voting. IN WITNESS THEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this day of ,2014. Secretary ---------------------------- LAND COURT             |            REGULAR SYSTEM ---------------------------|--------------------------------- AFTER RECORDATION, RETURN BY: MAIL() PICK-UP() PORTER McGUIRE KIAKONA & CHOW, LLP (CPP/vjd) 841 Bishop Street, suite 1500 Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 Total pages: ?? ------------------------------------------------------------------- TAX MAP KEY FOR PROPERTY: (1) 2-6-010-007 SIXTH AMENDMENT OF THE FIRST RESTATEMENT OF THE DECLARATION OF CONDOMINIUM PROPERTY REGIME OF THE ILIKAI APARTMENT BUILDING; SEVENTH AMENDMENT OF THE FIRST RESTATEMENT OF THE BY-LAWS OF THE ASSOCIATION OF APARTMENT OWNERS OR ILIKAI APARTMENT BUILDING THIS AMENDMENT (this “Amendment”) is made this___ day of ____ 2014, by the OWNERS OF ILIKAI APARTMENT BULDING, INC., a Hawaii nonprofit corporation formerly known as the “Association of Apartment Owners of Ilikai Apartment Building”,whose mailing address is 1777 Ala Moana Boulevard, Honolulu, Hawaii 96815 (the “Association”). WITNESSETH THAT: WHEREAS, by the certain Declaration of Horizontal Property Regime Under Chapter 170-A, ・・・・ ・・・ AMENDMENTS TO DECLARATION:  1. Section 7 (a) of the Restated Declaration is hereby amended as follows: ・・・ AMENDMENTS TO BY-LAWS: 1. Article III, Section 1 of the By-Laws is hereby amended in its entirety to read as follows; ・・・ Except as set forth herein, the Declaration and the By-Laws remain in full force and effect. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned have executed this instrument as of the day and year first above written. OWNERS OF ILIKAI APARTMENT BUILDING, INC. a Hawaii nonprofit corporation By: _______ Its By: _______ Its STATE OF HAWAII CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU On ____ , 2014, before me personally appeared ____ , to me personally known, who, being by me duly swam or affirmed, did say that such person executed the foregoing instrument as the free act and deed of such person, and if applicable, in the capacities shown, having been duly authorized to execute such instrument in such capacities. Type or print name:_______ Notary Public, State of Hawaii My commission expires: _______ ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー Document Date: # Pages