• ベストアンサー

コンマの使い方

f0152の回答

• f0152
  • ベストアンサー率14% (5/34)
回答No.2

I don't really know how to really explain this but the 1st sentence is incorrect. The 2nd sentence is correct. See explanation below (in the middle of a sentence). Commas are needed in this case on absolute phrases that modify entire sentences. Because these phrases are nonrestrictive, they must be set off by commas. Use a single comma if the phrase appears at the beginning or end of a sentence; use two commas if it appears in the middle of a sentence >>at the end of a sentence Franklin Roosevelt was the 1st president to fly in a commercial airplane, a fact unknown to most people. >>in the middle of a sentence Gandhi, the goal of Indian independence achieved, retired from public life.

関連するQ&A

• 関係代名詞の文で、先行詞の前につける冠詞はaとtheはどちらがよいのしょうか?

I know a boy who lives in London. と I know the boy who lives in London. ではどちらがよいのでしょうか? 意味に違いがあるのでしょうか?

• 関係代名詞の非制限用法

I have one sister, who lives in Seoul. I have one sister who lives in Seoul. この二つの文は、どう違うのかがわかりません。 訳に何か違いはありますか? 教えてください。

• 初歩的な質問ですみません…

初歩的な質問ですみません… “My brother has been living in London for the past 15 years.”と、“My brother has lived in London for the past 15 years.”のニュアンスの違いがよくわかりません。 マヌケな質問と思いますが宜しくお願いします!

• この英文の意味を教えてはいただけないでしょうか?

こんにちは。 お世話になります。 英語初学者です。 下記に挙げます二つの英文の違いが分からず、困り果てております。 1, Emma was the younger of two daughters but only she lived with her father with the family home. 2, Her sister Isabella lived in London with her husband and five children. 教えていただきたいのですが、なぜ、1の英文ではliveの後ろにwith、次にatと場所が来るのに、 2の文ではliveの後ろにinと場所が来て、その次にwithがくるのでしょうか? 違いが全く分かりません。 両者で微妙なニュアンスが異なるのでしょうか?それとも、全く同じなのでしょうか? どなたか、教えてはいただけないでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• 高校英語 訳と並び替えです!

英語の訳と、並び替えお願いします! 1と2は訳 3~5は並び替えです。 1.He has a daughter, who lives in London. 2.My sister, who studies in Boston, is coming back to Tokyo next month. 3.そのリンゴの木は、両親が五年前に植えたもので、いくつか実をつけた The apple tree, (my parents, which, planted, five years ago), has given us some apples. 4.ベスは、ピーターが結婚したいと願ってる人で、明るい女性だ。 Beth,(marry, to, hopes, Peter, whom), is a cheerful woman. 5.昨日は雨がひどく降っていたので、私たちはずっと家の中にいた。 It was raining hard yesterday,(us, inside our house, kept, which) 以上の五問です! ちなみに並び替えは()内だけです!お願いします!

• ニュアンスの違いは?

1)の文は 「talk 」を話し合いという名詞として考えているのですか?   1)I had a talk with a French lady who has lived in Moscow 2)I talked with a French lady who has lived in Moscow 1)は2)の意味だと思うのですが、ニュアンスの違いを教えてください

• よろしくお願いします

My father is the worst person I know. He has been verbally and emotionally abusive to Sister and me all our lives, with the occasional dip into physical abuse. Sisterはなぜhis sisterではなくそのような書き方なのでしょうか?ここでのdipの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• "all their lives" の“lives”ってなぜ複数形にな

"all their lives" の“lives”ってなぜ複数形になるんですか? 文章はMy parents live in London. They have lived there all their lives.です。 livesがlifeの複数形だということはわかるのですが、人生も「二人分」ってかんじで数えてるのでしょうか?? よろしくおねがいします。。

• break out in hives

My childless sister “Sally” and I are close but are having a disagreement. Sally lives several hours away, and my 8-year-old daughter and I try to visit for the weekend about once per month. The problem is that my daughter has severe pet allergies, and Sally has two cats and a small terrier. Though she keeps her house as clean as possible, the very presence of these pets causes my daughter to sneeze, congest, and sometimes break out in hives. break out in hivesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 関係代名詞

関係代名詞の基本的なことを教えてください。 (1)I know him who lives in Tokyo. I know Hiroshi who lives in Tokyo.  him のかわりに名前が入ってもよいのでしょうか?  (例文の先行詞は代名詞かmy sisterなど具体名はでてこないので) (2)The man is Mr.Sato. He made this desk. (1文にするとき) The man who made this book is Mr.Sato. Mr.Satoが先行詞になると、あきらかにおかしいとわかるのですが he が先行詞になるのはだめですか? (3)先行詞を決定するときは、何か約束があるんですか?  例えばwhoを使うときは、個人名はダメとか? (習った時は人はwho を使うんですよくらいしか教えられないので。) (4)関係代名詞を使うと文はどんなニュアンスなんですか?    (例えば日本語だと、単文だけの文章は幼稚園児が書く作文    みたいに感じますが。)