• ベストアンサー

次の英文の意味を教えてください。

「Please address my mother as Aunt Keiko as you would do in Japan because most conservative Asians in the U.S. do not address their elders by their first names. Don't be too offended.」  手紙でのやり取りで、人名は仮名に変更しています。おそらくは、「アメリカの最も保守的なアジア人は、年長者に対してその名前(first names)で呼ばないから・・・・」という意味だと思うのですが、「Please address my mother as Aunt Keiko as you would do in Japan 」と「Don't be too offended.」 の意味がはっきりとはわからなくて困っています。どうか教えて下さい。  また、私は「Aunt Keiko」をどのように呼べば良いのでしょうか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#114795
noname#114795
回答No.1

most ですが、「最も」なら the をつけるでしょうが、この場合は「ほとんどの」。 「日本でケイコおばさんと呼ぶでしょうから、同じように、どうか Aunt Keiko と呼んで」と頼んでいますね。Don't be too offended で「あまり感情を害しないでね、あまり気にしないでね」

bugy
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• Maiar
  • ベストアンサー率42% (35/83)
回答No.3

日本であなたがしているように私の母を”けいこおばさん(Aunt Keiko)”呼んでください。なぜなら、アメリカに住んでいるたいていの保守的なアジアの人たちは名前(First name)で年上の人を呼ばないからです。そんなに気を悪くしないで聞いてくださいね。 アメリカ人のように、”Keiko"と敬称もなしに、母親を呼ばないでね。ということだと思います。

bugy
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。  「~名前(First name)で年上の人を呼ばないから」ときたら、当然「あなたも名前(First name)で年上の人を呼ばないで」といっているのだと思い、それにしては英文がおかしいなぁと悩んでいました。逆だったのですね!!  また、最上級には「the」がつくこともすっかり忘れていました。  回答はこれで打ち切ることとしますが、どの回答も甲乙つけがたいのでポイントは先着順とします。ご了承ください。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.2

「日本でおっしゃるように、私の母のことをケイコおばさんと呼んで下さい」ということでしょう。したがって Aunt Keikoと呼びかければいいことになりますね。 後の方は「どうぞあんまり気を悪くなさらないでね」ということです。

bugy
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。日本に発送できますか?と質問したら下記のようなお返事が来ました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 Thank you for your interest in AAA and sorry we have not responded earlier. At the moment we don’t have a distribution in Japan. Therefore we do not import to Japan at the moment. We are in conversations for a partner in your country and as soon as we find a good match we will connect you. In the meantime, please send us your company profile, store information and interest in AAA.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。支払の事でメールがきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 That's fine, but please do not delay payment too much as our AAA are literally flying out. I don't want you to miss out on anything as you have picked lovely and very popular styles and I can start packing only when your order has been paid for.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しようとしています。できれば日本で購入したいので、日本に代理店はありますか?と質問したら返事が来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?? Please be patient as we’ll have an answer for you soon. Currently, no one has an exclusive distribution in Japan, we would like to establish a distributor in Japan soon so we will be discussing many factors and will provide you with additional information.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

友人のTシャツに下記の英文がありました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?宜しくお願い致します。何かの格言ですか? Once they do it, they say they don't know how to sell their stock because they are new in this market. If we buy back their stock can you take those goods?

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。発送の事で相手からメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 Yes, I have attached the details. Please check. Please see if you can find cheaper quotes. I have so far only found a quote for $36 and that was the cheapest. My manager will look into it as well. However, if in the meantime you can find something cheaper I would say go for it as I do not think that overall the shipment will get any cheaper than $30. Please keep me posted.

• 次の英文を日本語に翻訳お願いします。

In Japan, what does one do to bring good luck to their home? And what we're your favorite activities growing up? よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語に翻訳お願いします。

Shinobu's flights. Can you look for a hotel during the first week she is staying in tokyo. She will stay one night with aunt minako and then stay in a western style hotel with 2 beds. Close to aunt minako would be preferred. Do not make the reservation. My mom say that she will go to Japan first. お願いします!!

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。珍しい物なので税関で止められないか質問しました。その事について返事がきたんですがすみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 Thank you for your reply, I can send samples of AAA and BBB however you would need to check with your customs if it is ok to have these sent, as once it has left us and for some reason it gets stopped at customs in Japan we are not responsible for this and it would be upto you to resolve the matter with your border. If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to ask.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。発送の事で相手からメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 There is a problem with your order it is stuck at the FEDEX depo in Japan for some address changes. They called me and will be contacting you. Howvere if you get this first please call NUMBER 1111111or 222222quote the tracking number 3333333 Please so so otherwise the shipment will be sent back to the LA at the end date 10/10 Thanks

• 英文で意味の解らない部分があります

http://st.japantimes.co.jp/english_news/essay/2006/ey20061208/ey20061208main.htm?print=noframe エセーの全文は上記にあるのですが、そのうち2か所の意味が分かりません。 上記で以下の段があります。 People everywhere use all sorts of tricks to conceal from themselves the situation they are in. In Japan, there are many people, including avid supporters of the country's Peace Constitution, who persuade themselves that under that Constitution Japan is a peaceful country. To maintain that illusion, they think as little as possible about the Japan-U.S. Security Treaty and the U.S. bases that it brings to Japan. And one way to do that is to think of the base problem as "the Okinawa problem." Peaceful Japan vs. poor, base-littered Okinawa — as if Okinawa were not a prefecture of Japan. このうち、that it brings to Japan の意味が分かりません。that は接続詞でthink の目的語になってるのですか?it は何を指しますか? 次に、最後の段ですが Every year 5,000,000 (yes, I mean 5,000,000) tourists come from Yamato Japan to Okinawa. Many take "peace tours," visiting World War II memorials and looking over the fences into the U.S. bases, while "peace guides" try earnestly to convey to them the Okinawan experience. But the number of Yamato supporters of the Okinawan anti-base movement does not increase at the rate of 5,000,000 per year. So what do these tourists learn? I think the answer was neatly expressed by the woman I first mentioned: "I couldn't live in a place like that!" Thus is perpetuated the myth that they don't. 最後の文のthat they don't. が何を意味しているのか、tourists don't learn とすると、myth(誤った社会通念) との意味上のつながりが分かりにくいのですが・・・ よろしくお願いいたします。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 結婚5年目の主婦が、旦那の嘘によって悲しみと信頼を失いました。
  • 旦那は平気で嘘をつくモラハラ人間であり、信用問題が深刻です。
  • 嘘をつくことやパチンコに行っていたことに対して許せない気持ちがあり、自分の心が狭いのか疑問に思っています。
回答を見る