ボブ・ゲルドフとBAND AIDによるチャリティーシングルの成功

このQ&Aのポイント
  • イギリスのロックグループ「BOOMTOWN RATS」のボーカルであるボブ・ゲルドフは、エチオピアのために何かをすることを考えました。
  • 彼は有名な歌手たちを集めて「BAND AID」というユニットを結成し、チャリティーシングル「Do They Know It's Christmas?」を発表しました。
  • この曲は発売されるや全英で1位となり、約20億円の収益を上げました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の添削お願いします!(長いです)

あさってに英語のプレゼンをすることになり、自分なりに原稿を作りましたが、おかしなところを遠慮なく直していただきたいのです。時間がなくてあせっています。下のほうに日本語も参考までに載せておきます。 Bob Geldof ,is the vocal of BOOMTOWN RATS of the rock group in Britain, got a shock at this news ,and thought the thing which can himself for Ethiopia .As a result, he gathered a famous singer in Britain , and he made the unit "BAND AID", and announced charity single "Do they know it's Christmas?" by it. This became 1st place in all Britain as soon as being put on the market, and earnings became about two billion yen. In the United States, Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson who had been influenced by BAND AID made a song "WE ARE THE WORLD". It was sung by the 54 singer who represented the United States. It became a mega-hit that exceeded 10 million. Of course, these singers cooperated with no performance fee. イギリスのロックグループ「BOOMTOWN RATS」のボーカルであるボブ・ゲルドフはこのニュースを見てショックをうけ、自分にできることを考えた結果、まずイギリスで著名な歌手を集めて、「BAND AID」というユニットをつくり、それによるチャリティー・シングル「Do They Know It's Christmas?」を発表しました。これは発売されるや全英で1位になり、収益は約20億円になりました。 アメリカでも、これに感化されたライオネル・リッチーとマイケル・ジャクソンが「USA for Africa」と言うユニットを作り、54人のアメリカを代表するアーティストに呼びかけて「WE ARE THE WORLD」をリリースし、1000万枚を越すメガヒットになりました。もちろん、これらの歌手たちはノーギャラで協力しました。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • momo33xx
  • ベストアンサー率30% (34/111)
回答No.1

こんばんは。 すみませんが、言い方を変えてるところが結構あります。^^; もし少しでもご参考になる部分があれば、幸いです。 プレゼン、頑張ってください!^^ Bob Geldof, vocalist of the British rock group BOOMTOWN RATS, was shocked to hear about the situation in Ethiopia. He wanted to do something about it, so he invited many famous British musicians to form a new group, BAND AID. They recorded the single, "Do they know it's Christmas?" It instantly became number one on the British charts and raised over two billion yen for charity. In the Unites States, Lionel Richie and Michael Jackson were influenced by BAND AID. Without being paid, fifty-four famous American musicians formed the group, USA for Africa, and recorded the song, "We are the world." It became a mega-hit, selling more than 10 million copies. 最後にノーギャラの文が来るのが少し不自然かと思ったので、途中に入れました。

miracat
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 是非参考にさせていただきます。

その他の回答 (2)

• momo33xx
  • ベストアンサー率30% (34/111)
回答No.3

私ばかり、度々すみません。 一つ言い忘れてました。 Unit には色々な意味がありますが、口語で男性の○○という意味があるためか、 バンドやミュージックグループを指すのに使うとちょっとおかしいらしいです。 では、Good luck! ^^

• momo33xx
  • ベストアンサー率30% (34/111)
回答No.2

No1です。すみません、スペルを間違えました。 終わりから4行目の In the Unites States, →In the United States 失礼しましたm(_ _)m

関連するQ&A

• 英文を添削してください

Joseph MaCarthyについてです。 Beginning in 1950, McCarthy became the most visible public face of a period in the United States in which Cold War tensions fueled fears of widespread Communist subversion. He is known for alleging that numerous Communists and Soviet spies and sympathizers had infiltrated the United States federal government, universities, film industry, and elsewhere. Ultimately, the smear tactics he used led him to be censured by the U.S. Senate. The term "McCarthyism", coined in 1950 in reference to McCarthy's practices, was soon applied to similar anti-communist activities. ⇨Beginning in 1950, McCarthy, fueled fears of widespread Communist subversion in Cold War tensions. He was alleging that numerous Communists and Soviet spies and sympathizers had infiltrated the United States federal government and elsewhere. Ultimately, the smear tactics he used led him to be censured by the U.S. Senate. Then, the term "McCarthyism" was became applied to anti-communist activities. 上の文をネットなどから調べてまとめたものです。 長いので、短くまとめてみたのですが、特におかしくないか確認して欲しいです。 そして、もしここの文はなくてもいいんじゃない?とかもっと簡単な表現があるよ、などあればそちらも教えて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を添削してください

The lavender scareについての文です。 The lavender scare refers to a witch hunt and the mass firings of gay people in the 1950s from the United States government. It paralleled the anti-communist campaign known as McCarthyism and the Second Red Scare. Gay men and lesbians were said to be security risks and communist sympathizers, which led to the call to remove them from state employment. The Lavender Scare was fueled by postwar fears that the U.S. was in a state of moral decline, dominated by a new class of powerful government bureaucrats, and threatened by communism. ⇨The lavender scare refers to a witch hunt and the gay people. It paralleled the anti-communist campaign known as McCarthyism and the Second Red Scare. Gay men and lesbians were said to be security risks and communist sympathizers, which led to the call to remove them from state employment. The Lavender Scare was fueled by postwar fears that the U.S. was threatened by communism. 上の文をまとめたのですが、長かったので⇨以降、またまとめ直しました。 ⇨以降の英文を添削して欲しいです。 もし、ここも省いてもいいよ、もっと簡単な表現があるよ、などあればそちらも教えて欲しいです。 さらに短くなれば、嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の添削,お願いします。

英文の添削の指導を,お願いできないでしょうか? 私はニックネームでは呼ばれていません。ファーストネームの本名で呼ばれています。 私の名前は2文字で呼びやすいうえに、日本ではとても珍しい名前です。 日本でも、イギリスでよくある johnとかbenのように、「よくある名前」はありますが、 私は今まで一度も自分と同じ名前の人に会ったことがないくらなのです。 I'm not called by a nickname, but with my real first name.       My name is made up of two letters. It is easy to call and unique as a Japanese name. In fact, I've never met a single person who has the same name as mine, while there are common names in Japan like John or Ben in Britain.

• 英訳の添削お願いします。(長文です・・・)

なるべく。直訳じゃないようにしたいんです。 でも私の英語力じゃ直訳になって、わけがわからなくなるんです。それでは、以下が本文で、その下に英訳を載せました。よろしくお願いします。 「本文」 この「LIVE AID」以来、狂牛病の発生で大きな被害を受けた農家を救済する「FARM AID」や、スマトラ島地震難民救済を目的とした「Asia Aid」など、チャリティーコンサートの量が増えました。 今まで音楽は人々の心に訴える心の安らぎを与えるだけのものだったけど、ライブエイドをきっかけに人々は世界の問題を考えるようになりました。そしてライブを見て、チケットを買ったり、募金に協力することにより実質的な利益を生み、一人でも多くの人の命を救うことが出来るようになりました。 このように、音楽で世界を変えることもあるのです。 「私の英訳」 The charity concert such as "Asia Aid" to relieve "FARM AID" and the Sumatran earthquake refugee relieving the farmer who receives big damage by generating the mad cow disease since this "LIVE AID" has taken place . People have come up to now to think about the problem of the world starting with Live Aid though music was the one only of giving the relief of the mind that appeals to people's minds. Buying a ticket, and, it gave birth to a substantial profit by cooperating in fund-raising, and it came to be able to save a lot of lives of the person even by oneself by seeing live. Thus, the world might be changed in music.

• 英文の添削をお願いします!!

英語が非常に苦手な者です(泣)明日は英語のスピーチがあるのですが時間が無いので助けてほしいです!!英文の添削をよろしくお願いします。 英文:I am agreeable about education at ease. I became a five-day working week, and the time that was freedom increased. However, when was reduced 30%, and learning contents caused decline in academic ability by reduction of learning contents by education at ease; of dissenting opinion a person is, too. However, I think that I am not caused by only education at ease. I think it not to lead to decline in academic ability only by having reduced quantity. The reason is because it thinks that it is quality than quantity. It is a duty of a teacher that improve quality. All the teachers cooperate and think that it is important a thing, a student raising learning will of a student advance and learn it, and to make an effort. 日本語:私はゆとり教育について賛成である。週休二日制になって、自由な時間が増えた。しかし、ゆとり教育によって学習内容が三割削減され、学習内容の削減によって学力低下を招いたと反対意見の人もいる。しかし、ゆとり教育だけが原因ではないと思う。私は量を減らしただけでは学力低下に繋がらないと思う。それは量より質であると思うからだ。質を向上させるのは教師の役目だ。教師がみな協力して、生徒の学習意欲を高めること、生徒も進んで学び努力をすることが大事だと思う。

• 英文を添削してください

For middle‐class Americans, the 1950s were a time of prosperity. Americans had more discretionary income, and they spent it on cars, homes, television sets, and an array of other household appliances. Throughout the country, while many Americans enjoyed the fruits of an “affluent society,” poverty was more widespread than most believed, and the struggle for civil rights by minorities, particularly African‐Americans, became a national concern. ⇨For middle‐class Americans, the 1950s were a time of prosperity. Americans had more discretionary income, and they spent it on cars, homes, television sets, and other household appliances. A lot of people in America feel an "affluent society", while poverty was more widespread, and the struggle for civil rights by minorities, particularly African‐Americans, became a national concern. 文章を簡単にしたくて、⇨以降は私が作りました。 ⇨以降の文が文法的に、もしくは、それだとちょっと省きすぎ、などあれば教えて欲しいです。 また、もっと簡単な表現方法がある、この文は省いても問題ない、などあればそちらも教えて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を簡単にして欲しいです。

The States' Rights Democratic Party was a short-lived segregationist political party in the United States. It originated in 1948 as a breakaway faction of the Democratic Party determined to protect states' rights to legislate racial segregation from what its members regarded as an oppressive federal government. Supporters assumed control of the state Democratic parties in part or in full in several Southern states. The Party opposed racial integration and wanted to retain Jim Crow laws and white supremacy in the face of possible federal intervention. こちらの文を短くして欲しいです。 States' Rights Party (Dixiecrats)について説明している文をまとめてみたのですが、あまりにも長くなってしまいました。 この情報はいらないんじゃない?とか、この単語はもう少し簡単に表現できる、などあれば教えて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を添削してください。

Did the Constitution create 1 country or 13 countries?という質問に対し、 独立宣言では13の州は自由で独立した国家だとしたが、実際は憲法第2条で強調されている通り、それらは単一の国ではない。」と言おうと思うのですが、 In the Declaration of Independence, 13 states were a free and independence state, but in fact they are not a single country, as emphasized in Article 2 of the Constitution. こちらの英文で問題ないでしょうか? 宜しくおねがいします。

• 英文添削をお願いします。

こんにちは!英文添削をお願いします。 【日本文】 私は球技大会でサッカーに出場しました。 試合がもつれてPK戦で決着をつけることになり、私はゴールキーパーをやりました。 私はPK戦でシュートを止めた時に、右手の指を骨折しました。 私は痛みをこらえゴールを守りました。その結果、私たちは勝つことが出来ました。クラス全体が勝つために団結する姿にとても感動しました。私は、その後2ヶ月ギプスで指を固定することになりましたが、チームが勝てたので私の指はどうでもいいです。 【英文】 I participated in soccer in the ball game convention. A game will tangle, it will bring to an end by a penalty shootout, and I gave the goalkeeper. I broke the right finger, when a shot was stopped by a penalty shootout. I bore the pain and protected the goal. As a result, we were able to win. It was impressed very much by the figure which unites in order that the whole class may win. Although I will be fixed a finger by gypsum for two months after that, since the team was won, my finger is good anyhow. 自信がないのでわかりやすく教えていただけると嬉しいです!よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を添削してください

Since the United States was born, people have guns and are allowed to hold it. Individuals people in the United States stood up with guns and fought against those who tried to make it a colony. In the disorder of the West Pioneering era, people fought with outlaws with guns. アメリカは個人個人が銃を持って立ち上がり、アメリカを植民地にしようとする者達と戦ってきた。また西部開拓時代の無秩序の中で、人々が銃を持って無法者たちと戦ってきたという事実がある。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 西部開拓時代や無法者とか少しわかりにくい言葉がありますが、日本語をそのまま英文にしたいというわけではなく、言いたいことが伝われば大丈夫です。 ですので、日本語を変えていただいても大丈夫です。 よろしくお願いします。