• ベストアンサー

日本語を英語する問題なんですが・・・。

「彼らは私たちの話にとても興味をもったようでした。」を英語にしてみたら「They seemed to have an interest in our talk very much.」「 They seemed to have an great interest in our talk. 」「They seemed to have been interested in our story.」こうなったんですが、文法もこれらの英文も(英文自体間違ってるかもしれませんが)どれが正しいのかよくわからなくて、困ってます。あの、誰か教えてくれないでしょうか?お願いします!

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

なるべく日本語の文章に近い感じでなおかつ、示された英文に近いものを基準に気になった点をお答えしたいと思います。 3つの英文が示されていますがまず気になったのは3つめだけto不定詞が完了体であるということ。 分かりやすいように非現実的かとは思いつつ具体的な日付を例示しながら説明しますが、今現在が7/3とします。 で、話し手が「~のようだなぁ」と推察しているのが6/3だったとします。そうすると当然過去形のseemedですよねぇ? で、「彼らが興味を持つ」という行為というか状況が同じ6/3かそれに近い、ほぼ同じと見なせる時期ならわざわざ完了形の不定詞にする必要はないように思います。 そうではなくてそれ以前の5/3だったりするなら不定詞を完了形にして"時間のズレ"を表現します。 この場合はどういう状況を表したかったのでしょうか? 日本語の時制は英語に比べて時としてアバウトなので内容をよく吟味して英語にする際の時制を決めて下さい。 それとも、もしかして「have interest in ~」と「be interested in ~」という表現が混ざっちゃったのでしょうか? 更に、「私たちの話」と言う時にstoryというのは少し仰々しい感じもします。"物語"みたいな感じでしょうか…。 もう少し、その話の内容を具体的にしてproposal(申し出)、suggestion(提案)、conversation(会話)、subjectやtopic(話題)などにするか 具体的にしない、できないならwhat we are talking aboutのようにした方が良いと思います。 talkを名詞として使ってもいいんですけど、少し長くなりますがこちらの方が良いと思います。 ただし、時制に合わせてareの部分は変えて使って下さいね。 あと、3つめのには"とても"にあたるものが入っていないですね。 1つめに関して、「とても=very much」というのも分かるのですが、興味という"名詞"を使う場合には軽い興味に対しての"凄い興味"ということで、名詞そのものを2つめの文のようにgreatという形容詞で修飾してあげて下さい。 それに対してbe interested in ~を使う際に"とても"と言いたい時にはinterestedの前にveryを入れてあげて下さい。 あと、interestは数えられない不可算名詞とのご指摘もありますが、確かに通常はaなどをつけたりしないことが多いですが、greatなどのように修飾語句が付く場合はaを伴うことも多いです。 以上の点からできるだけ元の文を残しつつ、僕なら、They seemed to have a great interest in what we were talking about.と言うでしょうねぇ。

momoshimataro
質問者

お礼

とても詳しくて分かりやすかったです!ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• FINDRUNK
  • ベストアンサー率30% (54/178)
回答No.2

「They seemed to have an interest in our talk very much.」 OKですが、very muchは不自然です。 「They seemed to have an great interest in our talk.」 an great X a great 「They seemed to have been interested in our story.」 OKです。 後、こういった場合Show an interestという表現もいいでしょう。 They showed great interest in our story.

momoshimataro
質問者

お礼

とても参考になり、よくわかりました。本当にありがとうございました。

回答No.1

talkに関心を持つのは、不自然です。 interestは不可算としたほうがよいでしょう。 They showed thier interest in our suggestion/ proposal.

momoshimataro
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 英語について

They are less interested in me than I expected they were. I have not talked to people today. これらの英文は正しいでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 【英語について】日本語→英語

日本語→「ユダヤ人やイタリア人は移民してきた当時は "very foreign" とみなされていて、1930年代になると "much less foreign" となり、1960年代になると他の白人と同じようにみなされはじめた」 英語→「Furthermore, Jews and Italian was considered "very foreign" when they immigrated, it changed to consider to be "much less foreign" in 1930s, and in 1960s, it began to consider to be white as same as other whites.」 (以前の質問で英語→日本語にお願いした内容です。) 言い換えで自分なりに英語にしてみたので文法的な問題はないかなど、みて欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語 和訳

和訳お願いします (1)When people travel to other countries, they find that many things are different from the things in their own country. (2)It can be very hot in summer and very cold and snowy in winter. (3)People who come from hot countries often find that it is too cold for them in December, January, ane February. (4)It is sometimes difficult to talk to them on the street because they are always very busy and don't have much time.

• 英語について】日本語→英語

<ヨーロッパ難民についての話です> 日本語→「多くの報道や学界の論考をみると、大量の人の移動を前に、ヨーロッパにおける移民・難民関連の制度が危機的状況に追い込まれたことを取り上げている。」 英語→ 「Looking at a lot of media and academic discussions, they reported that institution of related to immigrant or refugee in Europe have been faced a crisis situation. 」 -「 大量の人の移動を前に」の部分はどのように訳せばいいかわからなかったため無視しています。これだけでも英文の意味は伝わると思いそのままにしました。 日本語を英文にしたのであっているか見て欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語から日本語に訳してください。

下記の文章は日本語に訳してください。たくさんあるのでちょっとだけ訳してもいい。私は英語のALTで生徒の前に講演するためにこの文章を使った。生徒は講演を聴きながらノートを読むことが出来る。たくさん高校で講演するつもりだから、この訳した文章があれば便利です! お願いします。 ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー Often when Americans think of Japan, they have a distorted image. They can only imagine the Japan they've seen in movies - that is to say, Tokyo, samurai, and karaoke. Over the past few years, I've come to see that Japan is much more diverse and interesting than my previous misconception. In the same way, I think the average Japanese person has a distorted image of American culture. Perhaps when you think of America, you think of two major cities - New York and Los Angeles. That's very natural, they dominate American movies so it's often the only America you can see. But today I'd like to take some time and talk about America's diverse culture and its many regions. America is a wonderful, interesting country with many diverse cultures. While I'm talking, please keep in mind that geographically, most of these areas I'm showing are larger than Japan. It is easy to forget that America is such a large country. When we talk about American culture, we must talk about immigration. America is a nation of immigrants. America has been famously called a "melting pot," but the anology does not always hold true. It's racial and ethnic groups do not always mix - instead creating something more like a "salad bowl" where each group is unique but makes up one part of a whole. While it's sad, America's native cultures have been almost wiped out. Immigrants from around the world have replaced them. So today, we're going to focus on the dominant cultures in modern America. Today, there are over 300,000,000 Americans which makes up about 4.5% of the world's total population. Of these Americans, 31,000,000 live in New York or Los Angeles. So roughly 1 in 10 Americans live in one of these two cities - which is why we see them so much in movies. But we're not going to talk about them. We're going to talk about the other 90% of Americans who are spread throughout the fourth largest country in the world. Now lets talk about race, ethnicity, and ancestry. America as a whole has a very diverse ancestral makeup. Lets take a look. Out of 100 Americans, 15 people are of German ancestry. 10 people are of Irish ancestry. 9 people are of African American ancestry. 9 people are of English ancestry. 7 people are of Mexican ancestry. 5 people are of Italian ancestry. 3 people are of French ancestry. 2 people are of Native American ancestry. 1 person is of Japanese ancestry. These make up about 60% of Americans. The remaining 40% are from a scattering of countries around the world. Another important factor in shaping our culture is religion. Different religions bring with them a different set of morals, food, music, literature, and ways of life. America has long been a destination for religious immigrants. These immigrant communities have made large impacts on the cultures of regions.

• 英語の訳し方を教えてください。

以下のような長文をどのように訳すのでしょうか? 名刺がたくさんありすぎて困っています。 SkillSelect is an online service that enables skilled workers interested in migrating to Australia to record their details to be considered for a skilled visa through an Expression of Interest (EOI). 上の分で、 SkillSelect is an online service that enables skilled workers interested in migrating to Australia のとことは何となく分かりましたが、その後の「to record 」から末文までの内容と「to Australia」をどのようにつなげればよいのかわかりません。 長文を翻訳するコツなど教えていただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願い致します。

• どの英語が正しいか教えて下さいm(__)m

『アメリカは大好きだけど、 まだ一度も行ったことがないから 行ってみたい。というか、いつか住みたいです(笑)』と言いたいのですが、 この三つの内どれがこの文章に近いですか? (1)I love USA. therefore I'd like to live there but I have ever been to there. (2)I like the USA very much but I have never been there so I want to go there. I mean I want to live there someday. (3)I like the United States very much. Because I have never been there yet. I'd like to go. It looks like a dwelling sometime in the United States.

• この文章を日本語に訳してください。

この文章を日本語に訳してください。 Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Everything we have in stock for ebay will be listed in our store. While not all of our inventory is listed on ebay, you are welcome to check our website (www.mycomicshop.com) if you would like, for a more extensive selection of titles. We also have an online Want List, if you are interested in signing up. If an item is not in stock on our site, you can add it to your want list, and you will be notified as soon as a copy becomes available. Please understand that ebay orders and orders from our site can not be combined.

• 英語を教えて下さい(>_<)

When I was young,I always (___)about taking up a new position in a new office. (A)excite (B)excited (C)excitement (D)exciting I don't mind being transferred as long as the job is (___). (A)interest (B)interested (C)interesting (D)interestingly You(___)be very sharp to have been selected for this team. (A)could (B)must (C)must have (D)would A real estate agent(___)show you several possible apartments. (A)have to (B)are able (C)is going (D)is going to Alex must accidentally(___)the wrong flight in Johannesburg. (A)board (B)boarded (C)has boarded (D)have boarded 上記の英文の(___)にA~Dの中から正しいものを入れて、なおかつ英文を日本語に訳せる方、教えて下さい!

• 英語の問題が分からないので教えてください。

まず問題自体の意味が分かってない状態です。 When talking about charts and tables of figures, you need to be able to describe increases and decreases.Here are two useful patterns: (1)There is / are + noun phrase There was a rise in interest rates. There has been an increase in sales. (2)noun phrase + verb + adverb The interest rate rose rapidly. Sales fell dramatically. 1.The price of shares rose sharply. There ( ). 2.There has been a noticeable increase in our running costs from 2001 onwards. Running costs ( ). 3.The number of overseas contracts has fallen dramatically. There ( ). 4.There has been a steady rise in imports from outside the EU over the last decade. Imports from outside the EU ( ).