• 締切済み

英語と日本語について。 その1

質問1;  I have a pen.(冠詞a+名詞)・I hane two pens.(数詞+名詞+s又はes) これによって英語では、数が分かります。日本語は、多分 「ペン持ってるよ。」って言うのが普通で(だと僕は思っています)数に対してあまりこだわりが無い様に思うのです。つまり、「有る、無い / 持ってる、持ってない」 が重要ではないかと思われます。 が、I borrowed my car to my brother .の場合。 兄貴か弟か、は分かりません。日本語では、「車、兄貴に貸してる。とか、 弟に貸したよ。」って感じかな? 何故ここで“誰に”のこだわりは、英語には無いのでしょうか? 質問2; e.g. I have been to New Zealand for about a year. My stay in that country, I usually homestaied at kwiw's family. Of course, I have had a happy time there. What did I learn there? I took a lot of things, and I lost some things there. Now I am looking back on my past that is my stsy in that country, I didn't make an effort enough, because I would be able to speak Engulish well if I made mach efforts during my stay in that country. まず、御粗末な英文をお詫び致します・・・。  同じ名詞を文中に繰り返すのは良くないとの事ですが、that,itやthereを3行、4行使い続けるのは良くないとも聞きました。文章の前後で、何を指したthat このthereは何処だ!って分かると思うのですが。如何でしょう。 小学生の頃、国語でこんな問題 ( それ、あれ は、何を指すか?) やった様に記憶しています。 まじめな回答、洒落た解釈なんでも結構です。宜しく御願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数8
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• mide
  • ベストアンサー率44% (333/745)
回答No.8

「貸す」なら"borrow"でなく"lend"ではないかと思いますが…。 さて、"I lent my car to my brother."と言ったとき、貸した相手が兄弟の なかの誰か判らないという事態は、実は起こりません。"My brother"と言って いるので、その人には兄弟が1人しかいないことが示唆されますから。 もちろん、その兄弟が、話し手から見て年上か年下かは分かりませんが、英語の 語彙構造として、その年齢関係を重視しないのです。そして、おっしゃる通り 日本語では単数か複数かをあまりこだわらないのですね。

noname#2543
noname#2543
回答No.7

質問2について。 むしろ重複部分は省略したほうがよいと思います。 (1) I have been to New Zealand for about a year. (2) (My stay) in that country, I usually homestaied at kwiw's family. :いきなり名詞構文は背伸びし過ぎのような気もしますが。 (3) Of course, I have had a happy time. :ここのthereはくどいかな。日本人はof courseが好きらしい。 (4) What did I learn (there)? :好みの問題かなぁ。     (5) I took a lot of things [there], and I lost some things [there]. :わざと繰り返して強調するのも手法です。 (6) Now I am looking back upon my life in that country, :さすがに節にする必然性はないでしょう (7) [I think] I didn't make an effort enough, :何か入れないと前節とのつながりが悪くないですか。 (8) because I would be able to speak English well :仮定法の使い方が日本人ぽくて良い。 (9) if I made mach efforts during the stay :in the country にするかどっちかにしましょう。 日本語に直訳しても、くどいと思いません?

回答No.6

こんにちは。洒落の含有率 10% 以上ということで... 質問1 のお答え ご質問の趣旨は、「数にこだわるわりに、兄弟の区別が雑なのはなぜか?」ということだと思いますが、私は、与えられた状況で個人を特定できるかどうかがポイントだと思います。日本語でも 、3 人以上の兄弟の場合、次男以外の弟たちは「兄」という言葉だけでは一人の兄を特定できませんから、にたりよったりのような気もします。Tom とか Bill とか、愛称の使用が定着しているぶん、固有名詞で補っている面も大きいのではないでしょうか。 質問2 のお答え この問題は万国共通のように思われるので、「英語で特にどうなんだ?」と聞かれると私にもわかりません。 以前テレビで、いっさい代名詞を使わないことを決意した男の話をきいたことがあります。この人の言語生活を想像してみると、本人も面倒で大変ですが、聞いてる方もその「くどさ」に辟易すると思います。一方、代名詞が 3行、4行、... 100行、... 200行、...と離れると、元の名詞を忘れてしまいます。何を指しているかわかる範囲で、適当なバランスを考えればいいんではないでしょうか。 別の言葉に置き換える問題については、美意識ということもありますが、語彙が少ないと思われるとカッコわるいという心理も働くんではないかと思います。逆に、技術の分野では、何を指しているかあいまいになるので、むやみに文学的センスを発揮しないように断られることもあります。

• aad
  • ベストアンサー率23% (18/76)
回答No.5

ちょっとフォローを… 英文の実力から考えて、質問1のような疑問が出てくるのは、 語学に対してセンスがあるんじゃないかと思いました。 このまま英語を(一生懸命、正確に)勉強されたら、 かなり上級の使い手になると感じました。 英文がひどいという指摘ですが、私が指摘するのは “homestaied”:調べてみたら“homestay”は名詞のみで、 仮に動詞としても“homestayed”となるでしょう。 あるいは、“kwiw's”は人名だと思いますので、最初は大文字、 “Engulish”は“English”です。 頑張ってください。

• kobecco
  • ベストアンサー率44% (94/213)
回答No.4

質問1について: ことばに対する概念は、それぞれの言語によって異なりますから、英語ではそういう表現をするというだけのことです。 日本語では、単数か複数かという意識が希薄なのです。単複の区別を必要としないのです。日常これで何の不自由もありません。 日本語と外国語が文法や単語の意味について、1対1の対応をしているはずもありません。 兄弟姉妹が良い例です。 日本語で「ごきょうだいはいらっしゃいますか」と尋ねるとき、「きょうだい」は「兄弟姉妹」を意味しています。だから、「兄弟姉妹はいらっしゃいますか」とは言いません。 つまり、日本語で「きょうだい」とは「兄弟姉妹」のことなのです。兄弟を「きょうだい」と発音すること自体が、そもそもの混乱の始まりです。兄弟は「けいてい」と発音されるのが本来の姿です。「兄弟姉妹」は「けいていしまい」であったはずです。 だから、日本語で「おんなのきょうだい」と言っても違和感はありませんが、文字で書くと妙なことになります。 これも日本語(話し言葉)と中国から来た漢字が対応していない例です。 さらに、日本では(中国でも)自分より年長であるか年少であるかを問題としますので、「きょうだい」を男女で分けた上に、さらに年長・年少で分けているのです。英語やフランス語では男女別だけで年長年少の区別はありません。それで、不自由はないのです。 質問2について: ご自分では謙遜のつもりかも知れませんが、この英文はひどすぎます。あなたはおそらく中学生だと想像しますが、今のうちにもう少し英文の基礎を勉強されておいたほうがいいですよ。高校や大学ではもう手遅れですからね。 ご質問の内容に戻りますと、thatやitやthereに限らず、同じ単語を繰り返すのは、良い文章ではありません。もっとはっきり言いますと、「良い文章ではない」というよりも「教養のない人の文章」と判断されてしまいます。

noname#118466
noname#118466
回答No.3

No.2の語句修正。 1)牛や馬がたくさんいる状況は→牛や馬がたくさんいるという表現は

noname#118466
noname#118466
回答No.2

1)言葉は意思の疎通をはかる道具ですが、民族によって伝え方、その内容が少しずつ異なります。即ち、言葉は文化、習慣を反映しています。日本人は兄弟姉妹に拘る文化を持っているわけです。古代より牧畜で暮らす民族と農業で暮らす民族にも差があります。例えば、我々にとって牛や馬がたくさんいる状況は、牧畜民族にとっては馬鹿な表現(或いは子供っぽい表現)です。大人なら「生まれたばかりのメスの子馬が3頭、一才のオス馬が5頭、2才のメス馬が6頭・・・・」と年令、姓別、毛の種類(模様)によって名前が異なります。我々は動物の肉は全て肉といい、魚には細かい名前で呼び分けますね。魚をあまり食べない民族は逆で全ての魚を魚という一般名称で呼びます。 2)日本語でも同じ名詞や表現を繰り返し使うのは避けるべきです。文章にこだわる人は注意しますが、定冠詞のない日本語には限度もあり、一般には欧米語ほど拘らないのが普通です。しかし、大人になって仕事上の手紙(ビジネス・レター)を書く場合に、差が現れますので学生時代から読書の際注意する癖をつけるべきです。慣れれば強く意識しないでも気がつくようになります。 欧米語が繰り返しを強く意識して避けるため、日本人は翻訳に際し、違ったことを さしていると誤解(誤訳)するケースがあります。例えば一行目でa cat,三行目で the cat,更に数行下でthe animalと使い分けたとき、the animalが同じ猫を指していると気がつかない場合があるわけです。

• Zz_zZ
  • ベストアンサー率44% (756/1695)
回答No.1

英語に限らず欧米語では、  数(加算・不加算名詞)  性(男性・女性・中性) の違いが有ります。英語では、これらが簡略化されていますが、その影響は多く有ります。 >>同じ名詞を文中に繰り返すのは良くない のは、日本語でも(ほぼ)同様です。書き手がアホに感じます。これは、特に英語等では嫌われます。ので、少なくとも、"that country" は、2度目以降は、"the country" や、他の表現に変えるべきです。 that country ⇒ the country          the land          the islands          the southern country          the down under          Skaky Isles  

関連するQ&A

• 英語を日本語に訳して欲しいです。

下記の文なのですが、 直訳で無くニュアンスで訳して頂けますか? スペイン語が母国語の方から頂いたので、 もしかしたら文法などが変かもしれませんが…。 ヨロシクお願いします。 i really wish that you are my destined soul mate ........ the only thing that will make me happy .is to make a sweet girl like you happy.. and for me that is the best feeling in the world ..... i want in life is happiness and i want you to feel the same way ... went you happy all the Bad things gos away . and that is what i want in life ..a happy wife and a happy Family....

• 英語日記28(2) 

すいませんが最近英語力のライティングをあげようと英作文をまいにち書くようにしてます。 レベルのひくい英作文ではずかしいのですが。できれば文法や細かい間違いを指摘して頂けると幸いです。 I have been there when I came to Australia first time. I think that the time flows really slowly in Cairns. This is because Cairns is a kind of tourist city. Many people are coming from all over the world. It may look like Hawaii. There was one thing that I could not believe was that someone walked with strip to the waist. Someone call the police and catch him if he would do it in my country. So I didn’t believe it. And I have one more thing surprising me is that many people have tattoos in Cairns. My country image of tattoo is very bad. There are few people have tattoo in my country. For example, like a group of gangster. My mother said “you mustn’t have a tattoo” before going to Australia. However, there are many tattoos includes women as well. Cairns is small city but people are good and commodity price is not expensive. Cairns is one of the city that live easily.

• だれかこの日本語訳を。。

you know, there was a period in my life where I found growing up in the world that I was living in quite stressful. 誰かこの文章の訳を教えていただけないでしょうか。 文法的にいうとfound(find)ってどういう風に解釈できるのでしょうか?あとworldのあとのthatって関係代名詞でしょうか?

• 日本語に訳して下さい

You're welcome, but I want my hair to be short for now www Ah well, now things are more clear (^^) But somehow I managed to forgot that hairstyle name w Since I do know tons of hairstyles Specially the mullet hairstyle and the king of the mullets: http://www.veryhappypig.com/blog/chris_waddle.jpg har har Thank you! Few girls have complained about my eyes too by the way :3 Yeah, there's nothing better than that LOL But in case we swim on the overflows here in Sao Paulo, we'll consider the roof of my house our "little personal beach" LMAO Also, that might become a little trouble, since I can't swim too. orz A kinda of a great and an unique experience :3 I like that! Nothing better than that, relaxing like that after a hard day. Oh yes! LMAO Not to mention that while here is noon, in Japan is midnight lol You look really good and really beautiful in those clothes~ (^o^) Also, one of the things I wanna see in Japan is cherry blossoms (^ω^) These last summer days are really hot and rainy. I can't wait for the autumn. There are days that I'm almost roasting

• どなたか英語に詳しい方、日本語に翻訳してください。

長文ですが、どなたか日本語に翻訳してください。 お願いします。 First,please allow me to introduce my self. i am monica guiao, 22 years old.now let me share a short story of my life. year 2010, it was the year that i finished my studies. on that year i also started to look a job. i am lucky because i was given the opportunity to teach a korean students. it was my first job.in terms of salary it was good but it is not enough in our daily lives so i decided to lokk for another job. until one day someone told me that japan is looking for a machine operator. we all know japan is one of the richest and the most beautiful countries in the world. so, i tried to apply.i am very much lucky because i was selected. november 13,2011, i remembered that day when i left my country to work in japan. it was such a ravishing feeling, thinking that i can reach my dreams. this was also the first time being far away from my family. but why should i stay away from my family. my goal is to earn money to give a better future for my family and in order to send my niece to school. It has already been 10months since we came here in japan. so, i realized that as a foreigner trainee in a japanese company, it is very important to learn their culture, and business practices and etiquettes.about the language, very few japanese can understand english. so, i realized that i really need to study to learn japanee language, to be able to communicate much easier with the japanese people. for me if you want to survive here, learn japanese. but i can say that with the help of takasaki san we learned a lot. About the japanese foods, for me all the japanese foods are delicious, especilly ramen. For now what i really want to do while in japan is to embrace and adopt the displine that the japanese so effortlessly display. It amazes me how naturally it comes to them, and I believe that this firmly rooted trait of the japanese is one of the key reasons to their progressive country. for the end of this presentation I would like to say thank you to all of you. thank you for trusting me to work here in taiyo yuden japan. I will assure that you will not repent that you chose me to work here in japan. once again thank you very much..

• 添削してください。(日本語から英語に)お願いします。

【なんとなく英語で書きたい気分.部屋が汚かったので計画したとおり掃除をした.冷や汗をかいた.母が部屋に入ってきたとき,幾つかの財布の整理をしてた.中学校の時私は友達にコンドームを1つもらったことがあり財布の中に入れてたままにして部屋になおしてあった.それをすっかり忘れていて[何か入ってるわぁ]と思い,その財布の中身を出したらコンドームがでてきて焦った.母に見られてないかな~すごい恥ずかしかった.片付け中にカナダの思い出がでてきて懐かしく感じた.友達からの手紙に笑った.「今度家に遊びにいかしてね!え?いいの?やった~!!」と書いてあった.私の片付けは終わらなかったがやっと途中まで終わった.今日は暇.昨日何人かにメールを送ったのに返事がこない.みんな忙しいのか?そうか私は嫌われているのか?彼氏にメール送ったのに彼氏からも返事来ない.わ~ん!あっ!カナダに留学中の友達に手紙を書いた.ちゃんと届いたらいいな!】【i have a kind of feeling that writting inEnglish.my room was messy, so i cleaned up my room as my yesterday plan.today i was in a cold weat.when my mother came in to my room,i was tidy upsome wallets.when i was junior high school, i had gotten a condom from friend and i put it in my wallet and leave in this in my room.now i didn't remember this things.at the moment i thought "there is something in the wallet"and took out something,it was a condom.(?)then,i was still cleaning up my room, i found the memories of canada(?).i was laughed by a friend's letter.it was written like this"can i go to your house next day? oh really? is it ok? (?)"あと書きたいんですが字数が・・・

• 下の英語を日本語に訳してください。

1. Neither Sue nor I could answer the question. 2. Can I have another piece of cake? 3. I can’t find the keys. 4. This a quiet place to read. 5. His face was wet sweat. 6. He was presented with a medal. 7. We collected samples of water from fifteen different rivers. 8. I have some plants in my room. 9. Apples are my favorite fruit. 10. The floor is made of wood. 11. The leaves have turned red. 12. There are many pretty flowers in the garden. 13. He has just started kindergarten. 14. There are three elementary schools in this town. 15. My father teaches English at the junior high school. 16. I went to a senior high school for boys. 17. After college, he became a high school teacher よろしくお願いします。.

• 日本語にして下さい

Not for me. I'm flattered that you feel that was about me. But I'm saying your just to young to fall in love with someone right now. You have so much to experience out there. I didn't mean it in a bad way. I'm sorry.

• 英語から日本語へ

長文で申し訳ありません。どなたか英語が得意な方、翻訳して頂きたいです。 どうかよろしくお願い致します。 I was being immature and ambitious about starting my trip. Now that I have gone though, the realization of leaving you has left a large wound in my heart. I will not be able to function as a normal human being for the foreseeable future. Sadness and regret has overtaken me entirely. You were NEVER just a convenience for me. It was convenient having you as a girlfriend yes, bet you were never only that. You were a highly cherished, valued and loved partner to me. I understand after all of this if you are upset or angry with me and if your view of me as a person has changed. The fact remains though that I do love you, and I will not be able to forget you for a very long time. Like I said at the train station, I went in to this relationship with a very cold, and well guarded heart from previous situations. You re-opened my heart 名前, and filled with nothing but love, affection, and good long lasting memories. You are a wonderful person, who deserves nothing but the absolute best in life. In the end, I would not have been able to provide that for you. I still have a long way to go to get where I want to be in life.

• 英語の間違いについて(3)

英文に間違いがあれば教えてください。 Second, let me talk about dreams. I have dreams. Many people have dreams, too. I suppose that to try new things is close dreams. If I don't have a dream and to try new things, I could find a dream. To try new things is precious experience in our life. I think it is important have a lot of experience. If I have a dream, I think it is useful for my dream. I'm sure to try new things have take risks. But I think risks to be important experience. That's why I want to try new things and take risks. I want to challenge anytime. よろしくお願いします。