• 締切済み

きんぽうげの花言葉(the flower language of buttercup)

映画「メリーにくびったけ」を見ました。 切ない片思いをラブリーにコミカルに描いた、今の僕の気持ちにグッと来た映画でした。 そのエンディングテーマで、(その字幕でしか理解出来てないけど)「Boiled me up buttercup」という歌が僕のハートにぴったりと来ました。  あんまり僕をピエロにしないで、って曲みたいだけど、何故そこで「きんぽうげ(buttercup)」なンだろう、と思いまして。 ご存知の方いらしたら、宜しくお願い致します。 Could you tell me the flower language of buttercup? Because I saw the movie[there's something about Mary], and it touched my heart,especially the ending theme song [Boiled me up buttercup].I wonder why the word 'buttercup'is used there. thank you^^.

noname#20357
noname#20357

みんなの回答

回答No.1

管理者より: 同等の質問があるのでそちらをご参照下さい

参考URL:
http://www.okweb.ne.jp/kotaeru.php3?q=118230

関連するQ&A

• メリーにくびったけ(There's something about Mary)

映画「メリーにくびったけ」を見ました。 切ない片思いをラブリーにコミカルに描いた、今の僕の気持ちにグッと来た映画でした。 そのエンディングテーマで、(その字幕でしか理解出来てないけど)「Boiled me up buttercup」という歌が僕のハートにぴったりと来ました。「buttercup」とは「きんぽうげ」という花です(辞書で調べました)。その花言葉が知りたいです。  あんまり僕をピエロにしないで、って曲みたいだけど、何故そこで「きんぽうげ(buttercup)」なンだろう、と思いまして。 ご存知の方いらしたら、宜しくお願い致します。 Could you tell me the flower language of buttercup? Because I saw the movie[there's something about Mary], and it touched my heart,especially the ending theme song [Boiled me up buttercup].It sings my heart of my these days.I wonder why the word 'buttercup'is used there. thank you^^.

• ざっくりと和訳してください。

Could you please tell me if there is any honing/sharpening wear on the spine of the razor? Especially on the spine nearer the front/tip of the razor it looks like there might be some hone/sharpening wear. I can't quite tell from the photos.

• 入試問題で対話文です

適した文を選んで1語追加して並べ替える問題です。 Mary:Hi,Bob.What are you doing? Bob:I was just looking at a program about classical music in Osaka this season. Mary:Really?I love going to concerts. Bob:(1)____? Mary:I sure am.Could you give me some advice? Bob:I'd be glad to. Mary:I can't pay much. (2)______. Bob:Not if it's a Japanese orchestra. Mary:Does Osaka have an orchestra? Bob:Yes,the Osaka Symphony Orchestra is playing next weekend. Mary:Great,I'll try to go. Bob:(3)_______.But i have to work next weekend. Mary:Tht's too bad,but thanks to your advice. Bob:You're welcome.(4)_______. Mary:I sure will. A (go,I,I, you,with,could) B (too,planning,there,I'm, go) C (is,know,me,concert,the,let) D (will,concert,sometime,you,a,soon) E (classical,was,am,afre,as,as,I,in,were,that) F (tickets,was,Japan,expensive,I,in,were,that) 私の答え (1)Are you as interested in classical music as I am? (2)Tickets wee expensive I was in Japan????????? (3)I wish I could go with you. (4)Let me know when the concert is. 打ち間違いがあるかもしれませんが、 よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削おねがいします。

英作文の添削おねがいします。 言い回しや、文法におかしな点があれば、 もしくはもっと良い言い回しがあればご指摘ください。 設定 アメリカの町で道に迷って、誰かに助けをもとめる。 Me: Excuse me. I have lost my way to the Hotel Newton. Could you tell me where that is? すみません。ホテルニュートンまでの道がわからなくなってしまいました。 どこにあるか、教えて頂けますか?) Stranger: Hi. Yes, I think so. If I'm correct it's between 94 and 95 of the Broadway. (ハイ。多分分かるとおもうよ。たしかブロードウェイの94番と95番の間にあったんじゃなかったかな。) Me: Could you tell me what is the best way to get there. (どうやっていくのが一番良い方法ですか?) Stranger: You can take a taxi, or there is the bus that bring along you near the hotel. (タクシー拾ったっていいし、近くまで行くバスもあるよ) Me: Oh, really? Could you tell me Where the bus station is? (わぁ、ほんとに? バス停がどこにあるのか教えて頂けますか?) Stranger: Yes, It is up the street on the left. They run every 30 minutes. (この通りを行って、左側にあるよ。30分おきに出てるよ。) Me: Thank you!! (ありがとう) Stranger: You're welcome.

• 英語の添削お願いできますか?

英語の添削お願いできますか? おかしな言い回しや、文法の間違いなどありましたらご指摘ください。 設定 Maryは病院に居るMikeに電話しました。 Mikeの友達が電話に出ました。 Mary: Hello? (ハロー) Mike's friend: Hello, this is Mike's room. (ハロー、マイクの病室です) Mary: Hi, this is Mary. Mike's friend. (こんにちは、マイクの友達のメアリーです) Mike's friend: Hi, I'm Ted, his coworker. (こんにちは。僕は彼の同僚のテッドだよ。) Mary: Is Mike there? (マイクは居ます?) Ted: I'm afraid he've just fallen asleep. May I take a massage? (たった今、寝ちゃったんだ。伝言預かろうか?) Mary: Oh, May I? Please tell me that I'll be there tomorrow at noon. (お願いできる? あしたお昼にそっちに行くって伝えてください。) Ted: All right. I'll do tell him that. (まかして。ちゃんと伝えるから) Mary: Thank you. By the way, How does Mike look like? (ありがとう。ところで彼の具合はどう?) Ted: Oh, he looks getting better. (ああ、大分良くなってきたみたいだよ。) Mary: Does he? I'm glad to hear that. Anyway, nice to have talked with you. thank you. (ほんと?よかった。話せてよかったわ) Ted: Me too. Bye. (こちらこそ。じゃあね。)

• 英語の添削お願いします。

英語の添削お願いします。 アウトプットの練習に、今日の息子との会話を英語にしてみました。 もっとうまい言い回しや、文法など間違いがありましたら、よろしくお願いします。 my son; I'm home! I have just backed from Kinrin-Park by bicycle. ただいま!自転車で近隣公園までいってきたよ。 me: You kidding! Did you go such far place? Besides, there is steep slope, isn't there? Could you go up by your bicycle? うそ!あんなところまで? それにすごい坂あるでしょ? 自転車で登りきれたの? my son: No plobrem. I was putting on brake at the slope. 大丈夫だよ。ブレーキ掛けながらだったし。 me: No, No. I means when you went up. 違う違う、登るときのことよ。 my son: Oh, I got off the bicycle and go up the slope pulling it. ああ、自転車からおりて、押しながら登ったよ。 me: Anyway, you did the hard work. それにしても、がんばったねぇ。

• パッチ・アダムスのエンディングテーマ

映画パッチアダムスのエンディングにかかる曲は、誰が歌っているのかご存知の方がいましたら教えてください。  スタートレック・エンタープライズの主題歌と同じ、Faith Of The Heart(Where My Heart Will Take Me)という曲みたいなのですが、その、ラッセルワトソンとは違うように聞こえますので、オリジナルの曲があるのでしょうか?

• 『The sound of summer ~』2

Ray Bradburyの『The sound of summer running』という短編からの質問です。 “Please!” Douglas held out his hand. “Mr. Sanderson, now could you kind of rock back and forth a little, sponge around, bounce kind of, while I tell you the rest? It’s this: I give you my money, you give me the shoes, I owe you a dollar. But, Mr.Sanderson, but—soon as I get those shoes on, you know what happens?” “What?” “Bang! I deliver your packages, pick up packages, bring you coffee, burn your trash, run to the post office, telegraph office, library! You’ll see twelve of me in and out, in and out, every minute. Feel those shoes, Mr. Sanderson, feel how fast they’d take me? All those springs inside? Feel all the running inside? Feel how they kind of grab hold and can’t let you alone and don’t like you just standing there? Feel how quick I’d be doing the things you’d rather not bother with? You stay in the nice cool store while I’m jumping all around town! But it’s not me really, it’s the shoes. They’re going like mad down alleys, cutting corners, and back! There they go!” ☆Mr. Sandersonというのは、靴を売っているお店の主人です。 *************************** Mr. Sanderson, now could you kind of rock back and forth a little, sponge around, bounce kind of, while I tell you the rest? It’s this: の個所に付いて could you kind of rock back and forth a littleのrock back and forthは「前後に揺れる」という意味だと思うのですが、kind ofにつながっている構造がわかりません。 また、bounce kind ofの後はrock back and forth a littleの省略でしょうか? sponge aroundというのは、靴のまわりを拭くという意味ですか? It’s this:のItは何を指しているのでしょうか? ************************* I owe you a dollar.について 少年のお金では靴を買うのに1ドル足りず、その分サンダーソンさんに借りができてしまう、ということですか? ************************** Bang! I deliver your packagesについて Bang!は「感嘆符」の意味で書かれているのでしょうか? **************************** Feel how quick I’d be doing the things you’d rather not bother with?の個所について ここは、どうやって訳すのでしょうか?you’d rather not bother withの部分がよくわかりません。 ************************** They’re going like mad down alleys, cutting corners, and back! There they go! について cutting cornersとは「手抜き」という意味なのでしょうか?? There they go!のThere(そこへ)はalleysのことですか? ************************** 質問が多くなってしまい、申し訳ありません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• compromise oneself

But frankly, I’m pretty much done. I don’t really want to be married to him anymore, especially now that I’ve realized there are men out there who are willing to give me everything I want without my compromising myself. compromising myselfはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 至急翻訳お願いします

if there ever comes a day, when we can not be together , keep me in your heart, I will stay there forever. この文の翻訳をお願いします。