• ベストアンサー

サンタ関係の英語?

ある文章を読んでいて、"Jolly old elf in tip top shape" と、take off into the Wild Blue Yonder というフレーズが出てきました。どちらもサンタクロースが絡んでいます。それぞれの意味や背景などを教えていただけるとありがたいです。

• mtkame
  • お礼率70% (291/411)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • farside
  • ベストアンサー率41% (23/55)
回答No.2

えーと、サンタとサンタ夫人は北極に住んでいて、クリスマスには橇で空を飛んで子供達の為にプレゼントを持ってきますよね。 elves はサンタの助けの人たちで、ひとりなら elf、複数は elves です。プレゼントの玩具やら、いろいろ作るので、年中忙しい。 毎年子供達が北極宛てにサンタに手紙を書くし、その返事のお手伝いもします。耳が良くて、貧しい子のことやら、病気の子のことなんか聞いて、必ずプレゼントが届く様にサンタさんに知らせます。 すっごく恥ずかしがり屋の小人達ばかりなのですが、気が優しくて子供好きです。 下のサイトがその人達。

参考URL:
http://www.santaclausonline.com/santapages/elfclub/

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

前後の文章が無いと難しいですが、調子のある韻を踏んだ文章でしょうか? 最初のは、「・・・愉快な年寄りのトナカイは最高潮・・・」 あるいは、「・・・最高の状態の愉快な年寄りトナカイ・・・」 2番目は、「・・・遠い空のかなたへ出発・・・」 ってな感じでしょうか? jollyは、イギリスの英語では「とても」という意味もあります。ただ、良い意味で使われることが多いのであまり「jolly old」という使われ方はしないようですが。で、もし韻を踏んでるとすると、無理矢理音の合う単語をもってきてる事もあって、そのままの意味では通じないこともあるので、苦労しますよね。

関連するQ&A

• 困っています!!英語のメールについて。

英語のメールがきました。このメールは大丈夫でしょうか? 何かやらかしてしまったんでしょうか? 英語がわからないため訳せません。翻訳サイトもいくつか試しましたがわかりません。自分は、ホームページを最近開設しました。それ関係のことでしょうか? 以下メール本文です↓ Wednesday December 27, 2006 The cream of the crop for 2007 - Get in early. China biolife enterprises, Inc (CBFE) is getting ready to take off, CBFE is poised to move up quickly, this means that YOU have an opportunity to get in while the price is low.Take a look at your favorite stock charts. Even check your level 2 to get a better picture.We are stongly recommending that you take a close look at CBFE as this one is poised to take off. Add it to your radar screen and call your stock broker for more information. ↑ここまでが背景画像付の文章で、以下が文章のみでした。 We're kind and we're sweet,And our help can't be beat. He was busily dreamingUp new ways of schemingTo make U. You can find my money and tax humor here.and He Has Ours By Madeleine Begun KaneMost telcos caved in to requestsFrom the Feds that fail privacy tests.Specious Specter By Madeleine Begun KaneThere once was a Senator Specter,Who was briefly a Cheney defector. Plage fausse avec des cordes jointes. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の問題です。

特に【A】と【E】が難しく感じました。 それぞれの問題で訳や何か重要なポイントなどを合わせてつけてくださると助かります。 お願いいたします。 【A】 1 Linda doesn´t dance much now, but I know she () a lot.   アwas used to イused to ウwould エwould have 2 The tourists were made () for more than six hours at the airport.   アwait イwaited ウto wait エwaiting 3 A seventeen-years-old is () to vote in an election.   アnot enough old イold not enough ウnot old enough エenough not old 4 John, () the news of the earthquake, couldn´t utter a word.   アshock at イshocking at ウshocked at エhaving shocked by 5 We were taught that the American Revolution () over in 1783.   アis イhas been ウhave エwas 6 Mother seems to be () on Monday, when she has lots of things to wash.   アbusiest イthe busier ウthe more busier エthe most busiest 7 () from the expressionon her face, she doesn´t seem to be very pleased with the result.   アSeem イLooking ウGuessed エJudging 8 I´m afraid Tom´s argument rests only on his imagination, not on ().   アfancy イfictions ウopinions エfacts 9 Look () the words in the dictionary whose meanings you don´t know.   アon イout ウup エwith 10 I was late because my car broke () on the way.   アup イin ウdown エby 11 The result fell short () our expectations.   アfrom イof ウfor エin 12 She took her guests into the kitchen to show () her new washing machine.   アoff イup ウaround エinto 【B】 1 Everyone laughed loudly when he appeared on the stage.   Everyone burst into () when he appeared on the stage. 2 I never see this picture without thinking of my high school days.   This picture always () () of my high school days. 3 We met her at the station by chance.   We () () meet her at the station. 4 He got quite angry with me when I broke his cup.   He () () temper with me when I broke his cup. 【C】間違いの指摘 1 The road remained (closing) for (more than) a week (owing) to the (heavy) snow. 2 This is the park (where) we (used to) (visit) (when young). 3 (That´s) (the way how) she (got) (out of) danger. 4 Jane is (much) (pretty) (than) (beautiful). 5 He was (long) lost (in) deep (thought) with his arms (folding). 【D】 1 It (be,remains,to,whether,seen) the new car will sell well. 2 He suggested (she,to,that,take,her,up) music lessons. 3 He (from,is,for,far,suitable) the job. 4 He speaks French, (say,English,nothing,to,of). 【E】次の英文と同じ内容を表すもの 1 Not all of his plans were accepted.   アThey didn´t take any of his plans. イThey turned down some of his plans.   ウThey accepted all of his plans. エAll of his plans were rejected. 2 He stops in from time to time.   アHe never comes to see us. イHe visits us occationally.   ウHe visits us ever hour. エHe hardly ever comes to stay. 3 We have something in common.   アIn two ways, we´re different. イIn one way, we´re similar.   ウIn no way are we identical. エIn some ways, we´re the some in appearance. 4 The trouble with Seth is that he always takes things seriously.   アSeth has trouble taking things seriously.    イIt´s a lot of trouble for Seth to take things seriously.   ウSeth takes things seriously, and as a result, gets other people into trouble.   エOne of Seth´s problems is that he takes things seriously. 以上です。

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

翻訳機などで訳しましたが、スリッパの下りが良く分かりません。 よい訳があればアドバイスをよろしくお願いします。 She will have a good smooth even skin, with no marks or pocks in it, but it is a dull crêpe skin, the face has much character. She a clear complexion that is tired looking but more or less a light fresh in color, shelled prawn or shelled shrimp pink in tone. With a little ruddiness here and there, and paler where the skin is pulled smooth over the bones.. She will have a long straight perfect nose. which is quite wide at the bridge. Making the eyes look wider apart. The nose tip is rounded or ball shaped. The shaft of the nose between the bridge and tip is smooth in shape and the bone well defined. A lean nose that has a perfect shape, lean and excellently proportioned to the face. She has thin oblong cheeks, with high set wide but not very prominent cheekbones That just take the roundness off the face. The cheeks are lean and muscular, slightly sunken, but in a muscular sinewy way and this only visible when she talks or in some facial expressions that involve stretching the jaw, When the face is still and expressionless the cheeks are less hollow, less visibly muscular, but still sleek and lean in the cheeks and jowl. The cheeks are just a little haggard looking. Just a little dingy and tired and faded in the face, like a haunted woman who has had a rough night, there is just that cast, a face full of memories, like a worn slipper, not old but one who has seen a lot of life. The eyes remain bright or wistful even when the face looks haggard and worn 彼女は良い滑らかな肌を持っていて、その中に傷やニキビ跡もありませんが、たるんだ肌で、肌は多くの特色を持っています。彼女は疲れているとはっきりわかる色ですが、多かれ少なかれ新鮮な色味、エビの殻や剥きエビのピンクです。皮膚が骨の上で引っ張られている場所は少し赤みを帯びています。(あちこち小さな赤みがあり、皮膚が骨の上でなめらかに引っ張られている場所です)彼女は長い真っ直ぐな鼻を持っています。目と目の間はかなり離れています。目が離れているように見える。鼻先は丸みをおびているか丸い形をしています。目と目の間と鼻の軸は滑らかで骨は明確に定義されている。彼女の鼻筋は完璧な形をしています。すっきりして顔によく合っています。彼女はほっそりとした楕円形の頬をして広くて高い頬ですが目立たない頬骨です。それは顔から丸みをなくします。ほほは痩せて筋肉質でわずかに窪んでいますが、筋肉のような見え方でこれは彼女が話す時や顎を伸ばすことを含むいくつかの表情でしか見えません、顔が無表情になっている時は頬は空洞ではなく、目に見えない筋肉で、まだ頬と顎は艶があります。頬は少しくぼんで見えるだけです。少しくすんで、疲れて、顔がぼやけて、荒れた夜を過ごした幽霊のようにちょうどその役はメモリがいっぱいの顔ですり切れたスリッパのように見え老いているのではなく多くの人生を見た人。顔がぼんやりとしたように見えても目は明るい。

• 英語 選択問題 解答を教えてください2

(1)My friend is going to set ( ) for Australia tomorrow morning.
 アon イat ウoff エin

(2)My sister familiar ( ) the latest political news.
 アabout イin ウto エwith (3)We must take into ( ) the fact.
 アaccount イcount ウmind エthought

(4)I was scolded because I ( ) asleep during the class. 
アbegan イfell ウjamped エled (5)She was satisfied ( ) what her son could do.
 アfor イto ウin エwith 上記問題の解答と日本語訳を教えて頂けますか? 
よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語助詞の説明(英語での説明希望)

明日日本語能力検定試験があります。誰か英語か簡単な日本語で私に説明をしていただけませんか? (1) 一日_____2かい、はをみがきます。 1.に 2.で 3.と 4.の なぜ 「に」ですか? わかりません。 (2)松井さんはめがねを___つかいます。 1。たいせつな  2。たいせつに  なぜ 「たいせつに」が正しいですか?「な」「に」は どう?違うのですか? (3)テストですからつくえのうえに本やノート___ください。 1.いれないで  2.ださないで Ireru I know is to put IN, but Dasu is to take out.I don't see how Dasu fits here because the way I read it and translate it into english, it would say "please don't take out any books from on top of the desk (which is impossible). Ireru at least sounded a bit more feasible.. "please dont put any books in/on the desk.") なぜ「ださないで」ですか? 説明ください。おねがいします。 Your assistance would be highly appreciated. thank you,

• 英訳、お手上げです

アメリカ人の大学生からメールが来たのですが半分以上わかりません。 どなたか助けていだだけないでしょうか。 何のためにこのメールを沢山の人に送ったのかも不明です。 Subject 「A Scottish Friendship Wish」 なぜか本文がなくて最後にシグネチャ。 これはwebでコミックを書いている人のコメントの引用だと思います。 "Creativity isn't a faucet that you can turn on and off, it's more like a horrid old lawnmower that you have to coax and yank into shape, coupled with prayers and a little 10W40 spritzed into the joints." 物を作り出す才能というものはオン/オフできる蛇口のような物じゃない。 それは、う~~ん、恐ろしく古い芝刈り機(ちゃんと使うためにうまいこと操縦しなくちゃいけない芝刈り機?何のこっちゃ) で、次が全くわかりません。 「10W40」というのは「leet」を「133t」と書くようなものだとは思うのですが、「low...何??」 どなたかおわかりになる方宜しくお願いいたします。

• 訳がわかりません。

His blue bag lies on the hall floor where he dropped it, about four short steps into the house. Last night he slept in Paris, and the twenty nights before that in various beds in England. And Scotland, but evidently he postponed as much sleep as he could; after he walked in and said hello and how much he'd missed home, his electrical system suddenly switched off, and he headed half-unconscious for his bed, where I imagine he may break his old record of sixteen hours. 長いですが訳してもらえるとありがたいです。

• 日本語訳お願いいたします

Because young children can not appreciate points of view other than their own, they cannot revise their schemas to take into account changes in the environment. 以上の文章ですがわかりません 自分なりに、この文章を日本語訳にすると なぜなら若い子どもたちは彼ら自身以外の視点を感知することができない、彼らは彼らのスキーマを変える環境における変化をアカウント。 この場合のアカウントってどう使えばよいのでしょうか?

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします!

下記の文章を日本語へ翻訳して下さい! 英語力がなく困っています・・・。 宜しくお願いします! *************************************** I have cc'd Alyssa Traube on this email, for days that Pema is not in the shop. To answer your questions, the red price is the new standard price for those garments. This means you will get an ADDITIONAL 40 percent OFF that price. I will have Alyssa contact you regarding the SNOW items you've asked about. Is it possible to schedule a day for you to come into our shop to personally walk the warehouse?

• 間接話法:She said I must take careは間違いですか?

こんにちは、 間接話法は時制の一致というものがあると思うのですが、 サラ・ウォーターズ著 「半身(Affinity)」という本を読んでいて、こんな文がありました。 『She said I must take care』, for example, of my possession. Many of her girls were pickpockets in their former lives, and if I were to place a watch or a handkerchief in their way, then I tempt them into old habits: この、『』内の文は、 She said I must took care,にすべきではないでしょうか? 教えてください、よろしくお願い致します。