英語でお礼の手紙

このQ&Aのポイント
  • カナダのホームステイから帰国し、お礼の手紙を書きました。本、辞書を使い書いたのですが、失礼な文章になっていないか不安です。
  • ホームステイ先で過ごした時間は短かったものの、完全に慣れることができました。温暖な気候や人々の多さ、東京の騒音などに驚きました。
  • ホームステイ先の皆さんがゆっくりと話してくれたおかげで、英語の勉強に多くのことを学ぶことができました。また、おかげでリスニングのスキルも向上しました。また会える日を楽しみにしています。感謝の気持ちを伝えたいと思います。どうぞお元気でお過ごしください。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語でお礼の手紙

カナダのホームステイから帰国し、 先方にお礼の手紙を書きました。 本、辞書を使い書いたのですが、 失礼な文章になっていないか不安です。 お恥ずかしいですが、 頑張って作った文章を載せます。 添削していただければありがたいです。 Althoughが多いのも気になっています。 Although it became late,first of all I'd like to let you know that I came back home safe and sound. It is already in spite of September,it is still very hot and humid in Japan. Although the time which I spent there was short. But I think I became tame there completely, I'm surprised at climate,people's numerousness, the badness of air,and noise of Tokyo. I had a very good time staying with you. thank you for talking slowly,although my English was scarce. I was able to learn a great many things thanks to all of you. And I think my listenning has improved by the grace of you,too. Finally, I am looking forward to the day which can meet you. I'd like to thank you for your kindness and hospitality. Please take good care of yourselves.

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数14

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • kafuku
  • ベストアンサー率60% (15/25)
回答No.3

ホームステイ先へのお礼の手紙ですよね? ということは、向こうもbluebrryさんの英語力を知ってるんですよね? それなら、有りのまま自分の言葉で書いた方が気持ちがよく伝わるんじゃないかなって、私は思います。 下手に整っていたら、相手には繕っているのがわかりますよ。私も学生時代にペンパルに日本紹介の本の英訳文を抜粋して書いてましたが、後で語学力がついてから読み返すと、自分で考えた部分と何かに頼った部分の英語力のギャップが激しいこと! という訳で・・・、私は敢えて、ここだけ変えればなんとか察してくれると思うよってレベルでのアドバイスにしておきますね。参考のために、最後にスッキリ文も書いておきます。が、ご自身の文章を大切にしてくださいね!(英語力に自信がない時代に一生懸命ペンパルに手紙を書いた日を思い出します!) いつか、bluebrryさんご自身の言葉でスラスラ思うことが書ける日がくるといいですね。ステイ先のファミリーも、そうゆう成長を一番喜んでくれるでしょうから! では: ”I came back home safe and sound”のsoundの意味は通じなさそうです。要らないんじゃないかなと思うんですが。 "Although the time ~Tokyo."は: Althoughは省き、"The time~short, but I got used to my life there. So I'm surprised at ~." "scarce"は適さないけれど、きっと察してくれますよ。 "grace of you"とは言わない・・・ちと厳しいかな・・・ "by your help"程度でいいですよ。 さて。スッキリ文です。しつこいですが、これは勉強の為だけに使ってください(^_^) I am sorry it took me time before writing. First of all, I'd like to thank you for your kindness and hospitality you extended to me during my stay. (私ならまずお礼を。) I came home safe. September in Japan is still hot and humid. Although I only stay there for a short time, I got used to your mild climate, space, clean air, and quiet environment. So I realized and surprized at the gap in Tokyo. (東京を直接的に悪く言うより相手の環境をほめる方がいいと思うな・・・。) I had a very good time staying with you. Thank you for talking slowly, and struggling through my English. I learnt a lot from all of you. I think my listening skill has improved thanks to you. I am looking forward to meeting you again. Please take good care of yourselves. こんな感じです。

その他の回答 (3)

• CATLIN
  • ベストアンサー率48% (279/577)
回答No.4

全部添削するわけにいかないのでアドバイスだけいくつか書きます。 最初の段落ですが、まずこの手紙の最初の言葉がAlthoughから始まるのに大変な違和感を感じます。 First of all~から書き始めるのでいいのでは。 もし遅くてごめん風なら、「帰国したあと忙しくて手紙がおそくなってごめんなさいね。」などと書いたほうがいいと思います。 It is already September~なのにvery hot and humidの意味なら、but などで文をつなげないと…。 in spite of September は9月には夏よりは涼しいという常識のもとに成り立つ意味ですが(どこでもいつでも9月は夏より涼しくなければいけないという常識でないと使えませんから)、It already become Septemberでbut でいいんじゃないでしょうか? 2段落目はちょっと文が通じないです。 1行目から二行目は二重否定みたいですし。 「そちらの環境に慣れてしまったため、東京の気候や人の多さ、空気の悪さ、騒音にビックリしてしまった」 を正しい日本語にすると、 「そちらにいた時間は短かったけれどそちらの生活に慣れてしまったから、東京の気候や人の多さ、空気の悪さや人の多さには驚いてしまう。」ではないでしょうか? この文章を書くのであれば。I'm surprise that ~から始めて後にそちらですごした時間は短かったけれども、と書くのが正しいと思います。 この場合の「けれども」はそれこそAlthoughの出番です。 My English is scarceは使わない表現です。 My English is so poor.ではないでしょうか? (scarceは数えることができる(numerableな)ものに使う) I was able to learn~だと今は事情があって(体が不自由とかになって)できないみたいに聞こえますよ。 I had a such great experience all through your kindness. (ちょっとくさい言い方だけど…) My listenning ability has improuved because of you. そして私ならこの二文はNot only ,but alsoとかでつなぎます。 Finalyの後の文章はあなたに会うのが待ち遠しいではなくあなたに合う日が待ち遠しい、つもりですか? それならば I can hardly to wait the day to come.とか。でも恋人同士の表現みたい。 最後の文章は Again,I'd like to thank you foy your kindness and hospitality you gave me. とかでしょうか? そして最後がyourselvesとなっいるからホストファミリーは二人以上とかなんですね? そうしたら、この文章の頭には Dear ○○Family とつけた方が相手にわかりやすいです。 手紙は心を伝えるものだから簡単な言葉でもいいんですよ。 あまり難しく考えないことと、辞書にはあっても通常使わない表現は避けたほうがいいです。 それから日本人にありがちな思い込み文は余計文章をわかりにくくします。 in spite of の使い方の説明わかっていただけるでしょうか?その後に続く単語は必ず普遍で概念が一つのものです。 私の英英ですと、「in spite of」 used for introducing something that may be unexpected and surprisingと書いてあります。 In spite of great age,he run very fast. この場合は年寄りは早く走れない、ということが概念として前提にあるのでrun fast が驚きになるのです。

• odamari
  • ベストアンサー率10% (25/243)
回答No.2

規約抵触すれすれなのもあって 辛口で書きますが  変です ご自分で言われている Although の連発もそうですが >It is already in spite of September >I became tame there >I'm surprised at climate,people's numerousness, >the badness of air,and noise of Tokyo. >I am looking forward to the day > which can meet you. の各文は すべて 文法的におかしいです。    実力に見合った 文章をかかれてはいかが?

回答No.1

英文専門家ではないのですが、いい文章だと思います。 ただ、英文では同じタームを使いまわさないようにするのがいいと言われていますので、最初のAlthoughは素直にSorry にしてもいいのでは、でもSorry が最初に来ると変なので first of all I'd like to let you know that I came back home safe and sound. を前に持ってきて、first of all I'd like to let you know をもっと強く I have to inform you とかのほうがいいかも。 それから But I think I became tame there completely, I'm surprised at climate,people's numerousness, the badness of air,and noise of Tokyo. ですが、訳すると しかし、私はそこで完全に従順になったように思う、私は気候や、おびただしい人々、悪い空気、東京の喧騒に驚いた。 ???tameの何か現地での流りですか。 すいません、この情報ではわかりません。 その後 talking slowly, は conversations with me slowly,で although my English was scarceは Though my scarecely Engulish か  nevertheless、my English was scarce でも面白いのでは。 あとは、気追わずに 自然体を出したほうが通じますよ。 余計な人の文章を気にせず、自分の言葉で表現すれば。

bluebrry
質問者

お礼

さっそくの回答ありがとうございました。 いろいろ参考になるセンテンスを載せていただき、 非常に助かります!!

bluebrry
質問者

補足

回答ありがとうございます。 真ん中の文章は、 「そちらの環境に慣れてしまったため、東京の気候や人の多さ、空気の悪さ、騒音にビックリしてしまった」 というニュアンスにしたかったのですが… また返答いただければ嬉しいです。

関連するQ&A

• 英語が堪能な方 訳をお願いできますか?

I: We hung out about six months ago or so. CS: I was like I've been here before and I came in the back way. I: You did exactly the same thing. And the last time you were here, I think you had about a hundred thousand followers on Twitter. CS: Yeah I'm at like 500 and it goes up like 5,000 a day and I'm like wow. I: At the Cody Simpson, talk to me about how this happened. Of course you were found on YouTube by mediators. CS: Yeah I was found I think it was two thousand and was the end of two thousand and nine. Um like October 2009. I had this producer was just like send me messages to Myspace I think it was and he was just like I think you're really talented why don't you come over and record some songs for me. So he flew me and my dad over and we just gotten in a studio and see what happen and.. I: Next thing you know. CS: Yeah it just it just went like that. I: And you teamed up with Flo Rida with..

• 英語が苦手です。英訳をお願いします。

直訳でだいたいはわかるのですが・・・ もしかしたらちょっとニュアンスが違うのかな?と不安になります。 英語に詳しい方、教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 How is your job out there and how is everything going out there with you? I like you smiles and i would like to maintain a quality communication and understanding with you as well. I like Japan and i think that i will spend the rest of my life there in the future. do take care of yourself and hope to hear from you soon.

• お礼の手紙・・・

先日修学旅行でマレーシアに行ったのですが、現地の学校と交流会をしました。そこでの感想を手紙にして送ります。 一応日本語で書いたものを翻訳サイトで訳しその後自分でおかしいと感じるところをなおしてみました。 以下原文↓ SMK RAJA ABDULLAHの皆さんへ 元気ですか。日本はとても寒く雪が降っているところもあります。 マレーシアでTシャツで過ごしていたのが信じられません。 先日は、お世話になりました。 はじめは、少し緊張していました。でもとても親切にしてくれたので 楽しい時間が過ごせました。 学校で一緒に作ったお菓子は、日本に持って帰って家族と食べました。 両親もおいしいと言ってくれました。 またマレーシアに行きたいです。 皆さんも、機会があればぜひ日本に来てください。 もし来るなら、4月が良いと思います。なぜなら、4月の日本は暖かくたくさんの花を見ることができます。 その中の一つが、桜です。桜は日本でとても有名で人気のある花です。 短い時間だったけど、この交流会は一生忘れないと思います。 またあえる日を楽しみにしています。 How are you?Japan is very cold and the snow falls,too. It is unbelievable that I spent a T-shirt in Malaysia.I was taken care of the other day.I was a litte tense.But I was able to have a good time because you were very kind for me.I brought back the snack made together at your school to Japan and ate with the family.My parents said to delicious.I hope to go to Malaysia again.If you have a chance to come to Japan, please come to Japan by all means.If you come to Japan,I think April is the best season of all.Because Japan of Apri is warm and you can see a lot of flowers.One of them is a cherry tree.It is very famous and popular in Japan. It was short time,I will not forget for my life.I'm looking forward to the day to be able to meet again. See you. あと、こんな表現も入れた方が良いというのがあれば教えてください。 変な英語になっているかもしれませんが、一文だけでもかまいません、添削よろしくお願いします。

• この英語を訳していただきたいです

(1)Victorian, by the sea. Where we are is private, but you can get into town. (2)I like that you can modernize the inside but let the bones remain. I think the Victorians got in right in the generosity of the rooms and the windows. (3)It was very stimulating, really, because he was shooting with a handheld camera over his shoulder, so he would talk to you and then go back in. Everything that Jamie and I went though, Sean was right there behind us, even for the battle at the end of the movie in the crypt. There was a sense that we were all in it together. (4)He wrote the movie, directed it, shot it, and was all over everything from costume to hair to makeup. You feel safe as an actor. And, as an actor, if you can’t feel safe, you can’t make a fool of yourself. (5)I’d been there once before in my foolish, misspent youth and drank a lot of beer. But when you’re working on a film as immersive as this, you kind of have to cancel reality.

• 英語の手紙…間違いが無いかチェックして下さい!!!!(結構長いです↓

挨拶の文を入れると800字超えちゃうので、挨拶無しで失礼ですが、チェックお願いします。 Dearest greandpa and grandma Hello. This is ***(私の名前). I haven't seen you guys for such a long time. Do you remember the day you were telling me that you want to come to Canada someday? I watched the movie about Canada today and found some similarities and differences between Canada and Japan, so I'll tell you what those were, so when you come to Canada, you'll at least know some similarities and differences of Canada and Japan!! First of all, Canadian people enjoy the winter sports while not many Japanese people do that. Although we have snow in Japan, we don't really enjoy having the snow. However, Canadian people enjoy it and do some winter sports like dogledding, canoeing in the iced water or sking. I think you guys can watch people doing that and have fun with that. Second, there is a lot of nature in Canada while there is not much nature in Japan. When I was watching the movie, I realized that there is green everywhere in Canada. I know that you guys like to go hiking where natures are alive, so you can do that in Canada easily. Finally, I found one similarities between Canada and Japan! There are a lot of lakes, livers and sea in Japan and Canada! You guys like the view of lakes or rivers, right? So so you can do that in Canada just like you do in Japan! I hope those informations help you to visualise Canada and made you feel want to come Canada! Then, I hope I'll see you soon. Take care.

• 助詞「と」について 英語で回答希望

日本語の助詞についておしえてください。 日本語のテストあります。これは2回目の同じ質問?です。英語で教えてほしいです。 This is my second time to ask for your help, I am in the middle of studying japanese for JLPT3 and I need your assistance for figure them out. Here is the 2 questions. (1)because of you I became stronger So I wrote: 毎日私は強いなります。 Someone said it meant strong like fighting. and "よろしくお願いします” to be about studying. I didn't know the kanji/words it's using. I would like to know why it is and what it is. (2)Thinking "my japanese is slowly better because of you". I wrote 私の日本語がゆっくり良いのであなたです。 Someone said 私の日本語がだんだんと良くなるのは、あなたのおかげです。is correct. But also some are said it is a little awkward and they would say they can omit と and だんだん~になる seems more natural to say. I have no idea which is correct and why it is. That's when I realized, I need なる to make it "becomes better". I also knew "だんだん" but I didn't know why it used "と" or why と"? Why not just "だんだん良くなる?" I didn't understand why that particle(と) was there and why the sentence was made the way it was. Your assistance would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

• 英語の手紙書きました。どなたか添削お願いいたします

以下ですが、ホストマザーへ久しぶりに手紙を書きました。 間違いを直してほしいです。よろしくお願いいたします。 英語: How have you been? I hope you have been doing well How was your Xmas? Did you go to U.S. to see your family? In Xmas, I went to the church to listening their song and then back to home and gave present to my younger sister. They were very glad it, one present is kick board and the other one is the carry bag for kids, inside was in cookies. so quite. Do you remember my friend Mami? we met the school in N.Y. where you take me to before I return to Japan. This year she had participated in a == marathon race and was able to complete it. I don't like marathon but just wanted to see you there. How is your shoulder? Have you completely healed? Sometime I am thinking and feeling that if you ware my mother, I am happy because you have education- minded, you are interested in a lot of culture or sports or arts, and you have good thinking for things and cheerful disposition. but my mother is the opposite... Of cause I love my mother, but I just sometime thinking about those things... If so, it could be filled with meaningful thoughts of my life. I vividly remember as if lived in U.S. all things was yesterday and am thinking about U.S. almost everyday. I will send you email sometime. please take care of yourself. 日本語: 元気にしてた? あなたが元気であることを願っているよ。 クリスマスは家族に会いにアメリカへいったの? クリスマスに私は教会へ歌を聴きにいって、それから家へ戻って姪たちにキックボードと、子供用のキャリーバックをあげたらすごく喜んでいた。中身はおかしが入ってた。かわいい。 ところで、私のまみちゃんて友達覚えてる? 前にあなたが車で送ってくれた学校で出会った子。 彼女は今年アメリカのマラソン大会に参加して完走したんだって。 私はマラソンは嫌いだけど、あなたに会いにそこへは行きたかった。 あなたの肩は大丈夫?完全に治った? 時々私は、もしあなたが私の母親だったらって考えたり、そうだったらうれしいなって思う。 あなたは、教育熱心だし、文化やスポーツ、美術などにも興味が強くて、そうしたら私も意義深い人生を送ってたかなって思う。 もちろん私の母を愛してるけど、あなたとは反対だから。 今でもそこで生活をしたことが昨日の事のように思えるし、毎日考えて思い出す。 また時々メール送ります。 お体お大事にしてください。

• 英語の歌詞の訳をお願いします。

英語の歌詞の訳をお願いします。 できれば大切な人に語りかけるような口調の訳だと 嬉しいです。 I know you think that I shouldnt still love you or tell you that But if I didnt say it, well, Id still have felt it Wheres the sense in that? I promise Im not trying to make your life harder or return to where we were But I will go down with this ship I wont put my hands up and surrender There will be no white flag above my door Im in love and always will be I know I left too much mess and destruction to come back again And I caused nothing but trouble I understand if you cant talk to me again And if you live by the rules of "Its Over" then Im sure that that makes sense And when we meet, which Im sure we will, all that was there will be there still Ill let it pass and hold my tongue And you will think that Ive moved on よろしくお願いします。

• 手紙の翻訳(英語→日本語)

先日、海外のオークションで何度か取引のある方から突然手紙をもらったのですが、 その一部がよくわかりません。手紙の一番最終の部分にあたります。翻訳をお願いします。 I wanted to send you a note to let you know how my heart hurts for you and the Japanese people. Just know that the people in the heart land of America care about you and are always quick to send money for relief efforts. I think the final insult to all the events, was it turned cold and snowed.

• 英語にして下さい!!お願いいたします。

I know this email will come quite unexpectedly! No, it’s not about my story (yet!). But I wanted to tell you a couple of things! First of all, I hope you are not really catching a cold, I would be sad if so!Then, I’ll go straight to the reason of the email. I want to thank you for sending me those photos you took at usj. But not only this! I kept watching those photos, as I told you yesterday!The reason is…! They made me think! (about good things, don’t worry!)Of course, take what I am about to say as a compliment! They made me think that you are a really simple and gentle person! ^^ I can’t help thinking it by looking at the photo! And you look so cute and funny on that hellokitty dress :D You know what? I think I could lift you easily XD (again, take what I am saying as a compliment). It’s something I really like :D That said, I wanted to say that I also think this (being simple) is an aspect of you (amongst many others, of course!) which I really appreciate. In those photos, you look so naturally smiling! I appreciate simple people! And I appreciate you for being simple!Being simple is a really good thing on my opinion. That’s why I think you are really cute! I prefer a simple person as you are a lot more than someone who starts declaiming the whole ‘Divine Comedy’ and then behaves badly. I think, because you are simple, you can do no intentional harm to anyone! ^-^ And once more (もう一回!) I appreciate this. A lot. I don’t like complex people who have a tortuous way of thinking! Lastly, I also wanted to tell you again how much I appreciated your letter. And the fact that you made that Origami! That makes me feel warm every time I watch it (and I do it often!). Another sign of your kindness. It’s one of those little things that might seem nothing to someone. But which I really, deeply and sincerely appreciate. That touched me a lot, thank you.