仮定法について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 2人の子供を大学に送り出しています。夫と私はほとんどの授業料を支払うことができます。子供たちはどこに行って何を勉強するかは自由に選んでもらっています。ただし、毎年の学年末にはGPAが3.33(B+)を維持することを期待しています。これは不合理な要求ではないと思います。どちらかの子供が遅れた場合、私は完全に支援を取り下げるのではなく、私たちの州のインステート授業料の範囲内でのみ貢献することになります。
  • もしもどちらかの子供が遅れた場合、私は完全に支援を取り下げるのではなく、私たちの州のインステート授業料の範囲内でのみ貢献することになります。つまり、私たちは授業料の一部を負担しますが、全額を支払うことにはなりません。
  • 「If either of my children were to fall behind」という表現では、仮定法が使われています。この表現は、実際には起こっていない状況を想定して話していることを示しています。つまり、どちらかの子供が遅れるかもしれないという仮定の話をしているのです。一方で、「If either of my children fell behind」という表現は、実際に起こった可能性のある過去の出来事を示しています。この場合、遅れた可能性がある子供について話しているわけです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

仮定法について

I am sending two kids off to college, and my husband and I are able to pay for most of their tuition. I am allowing my children to go anywhere they want and study anything they wish. I do, however, expect that they maintain a GPA of 3.33 (B-plus) at the end of each academic year. I do not think this is unreasonable. If either of my children were to fall behind I would not withdraw funding completely but would contribute only as much as in-state tuition in our state costs. If either of my children were to fall behindのところはIf either of my children fell behindというのとはどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4107/5340)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9704/12070)
回答No.1

>If either of my children were to fall behindのところはIf either of my children fell behindというのとはどう違うのでしょうか? ⇒were to fallは、仮定法過去の特殊表現で、「現在または未来の《ありえない仮定》」を表します。つまり、「万が一落ちるようなことがあれば」と、「実現性の強い否定」が含意さらます。 それに対して、同じ仮定法過去でも、単なるfellは、実現性の否定という点ではwere to fallと共通しますが、その「否定の度合いは相対的に弱い」感じを受けます。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 仮定でしょうか

I’d like to get a little bit of weight-related plastic surgery, and my husband is adamantly opposed to it. Both of us work, and I would be using my own money to pay for it. I will be usingではなくI would be usingとwouldが使われているのはなぜでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の仮定法の問題

1if使って表現し、全文を書き換えなさい。 1.Had I read the book,I would have enjoyed the movie more. 2.With a camera,I could take a picture of this beautiful scene. 3.She must be tired;otherwise she would go out with her friends. 2各文の意味がほぼ同じ意味になるように、 ( )に適当な語をいれなさい。 1 a)It's time for the children to go to bed. b)It's time the ( )( ) to bed. 2 a)But for water,there would be no life on the earth. b)If it ( )( )( ) water,there would be no life on the earth. 3 a)I wish you could stay in Tokyo longer. b)( )( ) you could stay in Tokyo longer! 4 a)To see the brothers,you would think they were twins. b)( )( )( ) the brothers,you would think they were twins. よろしくお願いします><

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!2

What are the live of these refugee children like? Think about the case of the children in this photo. They are from Kosovo. Their village was attacked. Their father and older brother were in great danger and had to run away. These children and their mother were left behind. But they were in danger too. They had to leave. They became refugees. There are million of children like the. These children are refugees living in Africa,Asia and Europeーーーeverywhere.

• keep to the terms

My husband and I are very well-off and have no children. I have several nieces and nephews, and years ago we offered to pay for their college tuition. About five years ago, my nephew lied to his parents and us and failed out of his freshman year, wasting over $20,000. We both were furious and since then have added some conditions to our offer. We wouldn’t pay for the tuition upfront but reimburse the complete cost after the semester was over if they had a GPA of 2.5. We feel that is more than reasonable and have seen three of my nieces graduate debt-free. My problem is my sister’s youngest girl is failing this semester at a very prestigious university and will be on academic probation next year. My sister wants us to still write the check, and I told her we would do so if my niece kept to the terms. keep to the termsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 仮定法

(1) What (   ) you do ,if you were in my place? 正解はwouldですが、couldではだめでしょうか? (2)If it (would, should, is) rain tomorrow,they will not go. 正解は実現性の低い仮定でshouldとなってますが、isでもいいのではないかと 思いますが、(1)(2)を詳しく教えてください。

• 仮定法について

(1)If it rains tomorrow, I will not go to the park. (2)If it should rain tomorrow, I will(would) not go to the park. (3)If it were to rain tomorrow, I would not go to the park. この(1)(2)(3)の3つの文のニュアンスの違いを教えて下さい。 (1)は直説法、(2)はshouldを用いた未来の叙想法、(3)はwere toで仮説を 強調するといいますが、実際にどういう場面で使うのかがみえません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 混合仮定法・・・。

とある問題で、途中からの抜粋ですが、 I began to lose weight at boarding school. By the time I went home, I could no longer stop dieting. Several times, I met boys I liked at parties, but I was not contacted afterwards, so I began to doubt myself and my attractiveness. Painfully thin though I was, I thought perhaps they would have liked me more if I were thinner. 最後のthey would have liked me more ~ で、仮定法過去と仮定法過去完了の混在なのですが、普通はif節の時制の方が古くて、帰結節が新しいというのはよくあることだと思います。 直訳すれば「今自分がもっと細ければ、あのときの男の子たちは私のことをもっと好きになっていてくれただろうに。」なんですけど・・・。 解釈としては、たとえば、「月が四角なら、行ってみて研究したのにと、大学の頃思ったよ。」のように、 I thought, when in college, that I would have visited the moon and researched it if it were cubic.(間違いがあれば添削してください) となって、「月が丸いのは不変の事実」だから、仮定法過去でしか表せないとなるのと同じように、 本文の彼女においても、「細くありたい」ということが「彼女の不変の習性である」ために、仮定法過去でしか表せないのかという解釈に落ち着いているのですが、そこまでしなくとも、仮定法過去完了の方が自然な気もします。 または、別の解釈があるのか、みなさんのお考えをいただきたいと思います。長くなりました・・・。

• 仮定法過去と仮定法過去完了について教えてください

こんにちは。仮定法を勉強していますが、どうしても分からないところがあります。 どなたか、教えていただけるとありがたいです。   (1) If I were you, I would call him. (もし、私が君なら、私は彼に電話するだろう)   (2) I would fly to them if I were a bird. (もし、私が鳥なら、彼らのところに飛んでいくだろう)   なぜ、(2)はIfのカタマリの位置が逆にるのでしょうか?   どちらも、同じ内容の意味に見えます。   分かりやすく理解するにはどのように解釈したらよいでしょうか。   宜しくお願いいたします。

• 仮定法の問題です。

もしすることがなかったなら、あなたといっしょに行けるのですが。 If I ( ) were nothing to do, I ( ) go with you. これを解いてみると、 If I had were nothing to do, I would go with you.になりました。 この回答が先生に間違っていると言われたのですが、どこが間違っているのか教えてもらえませんか?

• 英語の仮定法の問題

次の3つの日本語訳を教えてください。 1.If I were to win first prize in the speech contest,I would say thank you to my teacher first. 2.You said,"we don't need umbrellas." But if it should rain,we would be in trouble. 3.Without the bar of chocolate,she couldn't have survived in the moutains. お願いしますm(_ _)m