• ベストアンサー

work on myself

I was married for 16 years before divorcing last December. I took some time to work on myself before dating again. work on myselfはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

work on myselfはどのような意味でしょうか? 下記のように「自分自身を磨くように努力する」という意味です。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=work+on+oneself

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• I never could see myself...

以下の文章の「I never could see myself that much was the matter with me,except that I had a beastly cold.」という部分がどういう構文になっているのか、どういう意味なのか分かりません。  Many years ago when I was a young man,I was taken very ill-I never could see myself that much was the matter with me,except that I had a beastly cold. But I suppose it was something very serious,for the doctor said that I ought to have come to him a month before, and that if it,whatever it was,had gone on for another week he would not have answered for the consequences.  以上ですが宜しくお願い致します。

• on

参考書の英文 I took one of your two-day classes last month on how to write successful job applications. 訳 私は先月、 2日間の講座の内の1つである成功する求職申込書の書き方のクラスを受講しました。 質問 文中のhowの前のonはなぜあるのですか? I took one of your two-day classes last month how to write successful job applications. ではだめなのですか? 詳しい解説よろしくおねがいします。

• start a marriage on a lie

One of my best friends got married over the weekend like Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. I posted some pictures from the wedding on Facebook last night before getting a call from another friend, who said the groom was unfaithful on Friday night during his bachelor party. My friend has another friend, who works at a hotel and saw the groom enter his room with his exotic dancer. She left early the next morning. I feel horrible for my friend and know you can’t start a marriage on a lie. you can’t start a marriage on a lieのonはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 以下の文、日本語にするとどんな違いがありますか?

1:I had been taking the violin lesson for two years before I moved to Sendai. 2:I had taken the violin lesson for two years before I moved to Sendai. 3:I was taking the violin lesson for two years before I moved to Sendai. 4:I took the violin lesson for two years before I moved to Sendai. 英文が表しているニュアンスを正しく理解したいと思います。 よろしくお願いします。

• "heaven on a stick" の意味がわかりません

Sorry to say it, but I can't eat uni. I don't know why I keep trying, but, dammit, the gag reflex just kicks in. Uni and liver are my "don't go there" foods. Unagi, however, is heaven on a stick (or bed of rice, or...). I used to have to pass by an unagi-juu place on the way home during my last two years in Japan. The smell was torture, as I was on a diet for a lot of that time. I had to go in and grab some unagi anyway. 上の文で"heaven on a stick" の意味がわかりません。stick は chopsticks のことでしょうか?うなぎがめちゃ好き、というのはわかるのですが、グーグルでは同じフレーズがあるのでもともと何かの流行ことばなのかなとも思います。どうなんでしょうか?

• 「~で働いている」とは「on」「for」「in」どれを使えばいいでしょうか?

「私は旅行代理店で働いていました」という英文を作りたいと思っています。 そこで「~で働く」の「~で」は何を使えばいいのか「work」を調べたところ3つの例文がありました。 work on a ranch. 牧場で働く He works for a newspaper. 彼は新聞社に勤めている She works in the city. 彼女はその市で働いている と書いてありました。 私が書きたいことを英語にするなら、 I was working on a travel agency. I was working in the travel agency. I was working for a travel agency. どれになるのでしょうか?(英文自体が違っていたらご指摘お願いします) またそれぞれどのように違うのでしょうか? どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• outing myself

I'm an Asian closeted Christian bi girl who is a freshman at a fairly conservative Christian high school. If you want some examples of how far my school leans right, our superintendent gave a speech during one of our weekly assemblies two years ago about how if you're queer, he "still loves you" but you'll have to "find a new school." In a word, yikes. To add to that Gordian Knot, a lot of my fellow freshmen keep joking that I'm a lesbian and I can't quite correct them without outing myself. outing myselfとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• grind on

I've had a crush on my brother's friend for years. I invited him to the birthday party I threw for my brother, and I also invited my best friend. Bestie had never met Crush before, but she knew of my crush. They spent the evening together, flirting and getting more touchy-feely the more they drank. She was grinding on him by the end of the night. ここでのgrinding onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• foreclosed on

Two-plus years ago I lost my well-paying job. Shortly thereafter I had a grand mal seizure, which has left me partially disabled. After exhausting all my retirement funds (yes, I did save), I was foreclosed on. I was foreclosed on.の意味を簡単に説明よろしくお願いします

• brought her on trips

My friend had a bad breakup last year and needed a place to stay, so I took her in, loaned her money, brought her on trips, broughtの代わりにtookでも良いでしょうか?なにか違いはあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします