• ベストアンサー

talk me back down

she's always there to talk me back down and give me the motivation I need. https://www.npr.org/2016/12/17/505869287/im-feeling-blue-and-green-with-envy talk me back downはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4112/5345)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"talk someone down" で「誰々を説き伏せる(persuade someone)」です。 [ご参考] https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=talk+someone+down これに "back" を加え、"talk someone back down" で 「誰々を元に戻るよう促す(説き伏せる)」 Oftentimes, I get myself so stressed and down about my work that I find it hard to continue; she's always there to talk me back down and give me the motivation I need. しばしば私は、仕事へのあまりのストレスと落ち込みから、継続していくことが困難だと感じることがあります。しかし彼女は常に傍らにいてくれ、私が元に戻れるよう私を促してくれ、私に、必要とするヤル気を与えてくれるのです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• It's acting up on me again.

NHKラジオ英会話講座より A:Are you all right? B:Yes,I just need to get up and stretch out a little. A:Is it your lower back? B:Yes. It's acting up on me again. It does now and then. ・・・また腰の調子が悪くてね。時々あるんだよ。 (質問)最後の行の[on me]の[on]の使い方が分りません。幾つかの参考例を使って教えて下さい。フィーリングを掴みたいのですが・・。宜しくお願いいたします。以上

• pick me up

My husband forces me to give him hugs. I know this sounds like a really stupid problem to have. He has created a “hug toll,” and he won’t let me leave the room until I give him a hug. Here are some examples. I am running late for work and need to rush out the door. He will physically block my exit until I give him a hug. He doesn’t do this in a way that will hurt me; he’ll just pick me up until I give him his hug then he’ll let me go. pick me upは「抱え上げる」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• これはなんて書いてありますか?

いつもありがとうございます。だいたいわかりますが、きちんと意味が知りたいのでお願いします。m(__)m I too when feeling sad always talk to friends and sometimes advise that they give is not always right I learned this the hard way back in September. They make there decision base on the feelings that they are going too with you. You have to believe in yourself and your decision only. I will always support your decision and opinion to any Mather, and I will help you also.(特にこのMtherの意味がわかりません。)

• let me see で誤解されてしまったかもしれません

文字のチャットで、初めて、let me see という言葉を使いました。 初めての相手(外国人)で、お互いに、英語を学んでいます。 相手 I'm take a shower can we talk later? 私  I take a bath too.see you later bye. 相手 bath time? I am 20min and you 私  let me see 相手 see? 私  It is cold,so I need to have time to warm nnnn ・・・・・ 相手  but I can give you warm この辺から、会話がおかしくなってきました。 nnnnに意味はなく、彼の前に、16歳の女の子とチャットして 文字を並べる(若者言葉?)が多くて楽しかったので、なんとなく入れてしまいました。その後何度も否定したのですが、彼はエスカレートしてしまいました。 こんなタイミングで言う言葉じゃなかったのでしょうか? 相手がlet me see の意味を知らなかったのかもと後で思いました。 今後のチャットで、気をつけたほうがいい言葉があったら教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• メールの訳を見てください

訳を見て欲しいのですが、 im sorry it took me soo long to respond but i am in thailand helping the cyclone victims in burma. as far as your friend, i am very very sorry to hear that. i hope you can find the strength to get through this and i know you dont know me very well but if you ever need anything or maybe just to talk im here. sometimes people like to talk to outsiders cause they dont want to talk to those too close too them (im like that) but im very serious. im sad 4 u and i hope u can heal. god bless. ながらく返事しなくてごめん???でもわたしはいまタイでサイクロンの被害者を支援しにきている。君のともだちの話はとても残念な話だ。。。。。。。。。。。。君は私のことをよくしらないでももし何かあるなら話すといい私はここにいるから。ときどき人は身近ではない人と話す。なぜなら身近な人に話したくないから。私もそう。でも私はとても真剣だ。とても悲しいよ。君が立ち直ることを願ってる。 おしえてください

• 添削希望

Your messages always make me cheer up and calm down. 細かいことですが、message は単数のほうがいいのでしょうか? 添削と合わせてご教示下さいませ。

• どなたか翻訳お願いします!

i had trouble mailing over the weekend...i just mailed everything...im trying to scan receipt and email it to you...please be patient my friend...we have done alot of business over the years and i would always send you what you buy........weekends are hard for me because im not home..i will email you back receipt asap

• このような

友達からim feeling blue for the lost friendship im trying to forget and follow my way but i miss everything... このようなときどう声をかけてあげますか?たとえばでいいのでおしえてください なるべく短くないことがいいです・・ いつもこの言葉ばかりになって知っているので他の言い方をおしえてください I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything I can do for you?Remember that I am always here.

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am more of a glass-half-empty kind of woman, so it is difficult for me to express myself otherwise. I always seem to want to talk about the what-ifs and my concerns and my personal outlook on things, which always differs from his. This upsets him very much and usually causes him to lash out at me, saying I need to stop this and start thinking about how it ruins the moment for him. ruins the moment for himとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳してください。

I'm just sudden.. alone... now.. I always miss you.. and pray for your good future & our meeting.. but your sudden word give me sad... I think that you don't like me and you don't love me... my mind.. is too.. good luck to you... always... I wait for you.. in this place...