Should I Suck it Up and Collect My Check?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I am 35 years old. For the last 10 years, I've been working at the same company, gradually working my way up to senior management. My job is too easy and not challenging. Should I settle for a high-paying job that is not stressful anymore?
  • I've entertained other offers, but other companies can't match my salary, so I hesitate to leave. I've talked to my boss and taken professional development courses, but nothing solves my day-to-day boredom. Should I just suck it up and collect my paycheck?
  • Despite having a high-paying job and a comfortable lifestyle, I long for challenging days that push me out of my comfort zone. I feel like I'm too young to spend another 30 years in a job that doesn't excite me. Should I accept my situation or take a risk to find something more fulfilling?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I am 35 years old. For the last 10 years, I've been working at the same company, gradually working my way up to senior management. I have a large, high-performing team, and we typically hit all of our department goals. We have a great reputation, and are seen as the team that "gets it done" every single time. Here's the thing -- my job is too easy. I do what I'm supposed to do, and I do it well, but it's not challenging. Most days drag on for what feels like forever. I don't hate my job at all, but I'm not in love with it. I've thought about leaving many times. I've entertained other offers, but the problem is other companies can't touch my salary, so I always back away from the conversation with potential employers, because I don't want to give up the lifestyle to which I've become accustomed. I've talked to my boss about expanding my responsibilities, and he's obliged, but anything he's given me is never challenging for long. I've also gone back to take professional development courses at my local university to teach me something new, but it doesn't solve my day-to-day boredom. My husband says I should be grateful that I have a high-paying job that is not stressful anymore, and should settle. That feels wrong to me -- I like having challenging days that push me out of my comfort zone, and I feel like I'm too young for another 30 years of this. Should I suck it up and collect my check? can't touch my salaryとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、collect my checkは「小切手を集める」?なぜ小切手なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1。can't touch my salaryとはどういうことでしょうか?  私の給料には触れられない > 私の今の給料に比べるとばか安くってお話にならない 2。あと、collect my checkは「小切手を集める」?なぜ小切手なのでしょうか?  (現金でなく、小切手で給料が支払われるカナダ、アメリカなどの場所で)給料をもらう

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• skydaddy
  • ベストアンサー率51% (388/748)
回答No.1

can't touch my salary 10年働く中、他の会社からの(転職の仕事面で良い)誘いがいくつかあり仕事面では興味があったのだが、”給与面では魅力がなかった”。 給与に手をつけない=給与は同じか問題にされないみたいなことでしょう。 collect my check これら全てのことを飲み込んで、”仕事を続ける”べきか?(まだ人生は長いのに) アメリカでは給与はcheckで支払われてきたので、pay check(給与)みたいな表現が今でも使われます。それがあるのでcheckを集める=給料を貰う=現職を続けるという意味だと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます 

関連するQ&A

• どのように訳したら良いでしょうか

So my question is what is the best way to quit my job? I understand the concept of two weeks notice and a letter of resignation, but what is that letter supposed to say? How should it be structured? structuredはどのように訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• carry the load

I've been married for 47 years to a man who is 13 years older than I am. He reminds me often that he is 86 and set in his ways. For much of our marriage, I have carried the load around the house, but now it is worse. My husband barely does anything. carried the load around the houseとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• turn it around on me

In the 20 years I've been with my partner, I've had suspicions that he's cheated. Whenever I confront him, he becomes angry and tries to turn it around on me. turn it around on meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• his is on me

Dear Sugars, I remember reading, at some point, that you should be willing to give any money you lend to friends and family as a gift if you want to maintain that friendship or relationship. I get this. I've lived by it for a long time. However, I went against my better judgment and lent a friend a lot of money. She said she would pay me back quickly, but now it's been almost a year. I never imagined that she would avoid the topic the way she has, but after I lent her the money, she never mentioned it again. My heart hurts when I think about it. If it were a few hundred dollars I would feel OK with the gift, but this is a big amount of money. Should I assume that if I bring it up with her and ask her to pay me, that I am going to lose the friendship? It feels so incredibly unfair that this is on me. his is on meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どなたか英語に詳しい方、日本語に翻訳してください。

長文ですが、どなたか日本語に翻訳してください。 お願いします。 First,please allow me to introduce my self. i am monica guiao, 22 years old.now let me share a short story of my life. year 2010, it was the year that i finished my studies. on that year i also started to look a job. i am lucky because i was given the opportunity to teach a korean students. it was my first job.in terms of salary it was good but it is not enough in our daily lives so i decided to lokk for another job. until one day someone told me that japan is looking for a machine operator. we all know japan is one of the richest and the most beautiful countries in the world. so, i tried to apply.i am very much lucky because i was selected. november 13,2011, i remembered that day when i left my country to work in japan. it was such a ravishing feeling, thinking that i can reach my dreams. this was also the first time being far away from my family. but why should i stay away from my family. my goal is to earn money to give a better future for my family and in order to send my niece to school. It has already been 10months since we came here in japan. so, i realized that as a foreigner trainee in a japanese company, it is very important to learn their culture, and business practices and etiquettes.about the language, very few japanese can understand english. so, i realized that i really need to study to learn japanee language, to be able to communicate much easier with the japanese people. for me if you want to survive here, learn japanese. but i can say that with the help of takasaki san we learned a lot. About the japanese foods, for me all the japanese foods are delicious, especilly ramen. For now what i really want to do while in japan is to embrace and adopt the displine that the japanese so effortlessly display. It amazes me how naturally it comes to them, and I believe that this firmly rooted trait of the japanese is one of the key reasons to their progressive country. for the end of this presentation I would like to say thank you to all of you. thank you for trusting me to work here in taiyo yuden japan. I will assure that you will not repent that you chose me to work here in japan. once again thank you very much..

• すみません、翻訳これもお願い致します

It is also a request to respect this union (marriage). My job is to be a provider and try my best to do so. I might not be making a ton of money, but I am trying and continuing to look. Just up and leaving a job is not the answer and is not what a man should do.

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します!

What Biden should have said to Harrris: “Civil Rights is hard - we’ve been working on it for years. Yes we didn’t get it right yet but to the best of my ability I’ve been fighting for civil rights my whole career. I’m not perfect, I’ve not always held the best positions - especially in hindsight - but that was the past. Now I’m dedicated to moving forward to build a more free and equal America.”Blah blah blah. That’s what he should of said but instead he went on the defensive and just kind of looked like a shouty old white man. I’m not for or against Biden but I think he missed a real opportunity to show a bit of humility and soften his public face but instead he went all “get off my lawn” and looked rattled and a bit scared.

• 以下の英文を和訳して頂けないでしょうか?

I REALIZED THAT IT HAVE BEEN 10 YEARS FROM TODAY THAT I`VE CAME BACK TO DISNEY FROM NBCUNIVERSAL WHEN DISNEY TRADED ESPN SPORTSCENTER, AL MICHAELS FOR ME.TODAY IS MY 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF MY RETURN TO DISNEY.

• 英文解釈に関して質問

下記の英文で I pray to Christ to say, 'Thank you for this day and my family and my health,' and now that I'm older I’ve added, ‘Please illuminate me. 1. I'm older I’ve addedとは、どのような意味ですか。 2.that I'm older I’ve added,は、(I pray to Christ to say)that I'm older I’ve added,という ことですか。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• It for to 構文の書き換えについて

お世話になります。 下記、A.B.C. は全て同じ意味で文法的にも間違いはないと考えてよろしいでしょうか。 A. It is not possible for me to do that entire job in one day. (私がこの仕事を一日で全部するのは不可能だ) B. It is not possible that I do that entire job in one day. C. For me, it is possible to do that entire job in one day. また、過去形で表現する場合には下記、D.E.は文法上問題はありませんでしょうか? D.It was not possible for me to do that entire job in one day. E. It was not possible for me doing that entire job one day. 意味上はto doとdoingの違いで未来を意識した話か過去や進行中の話かの違いがあると推察しています(間違っている場合はご指摘ください) 以上、よろしくお願いいたします。