Loneliness kills: The Power of Loneliness

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Loneliness can be as powerful as smoking or alcoholism in causing early death.
  • Research suggests that those who have warm relationships tend to live longer and happier lives compared to loners.
  • Loneliness kills, warns Wadinger, emphasizing its detrimental effects on health and well-being.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

なんと書けばいいですか?

Those who kept warm relationship got to live longer and happier, said Wadinger, and the loners often died earlier. "Loneliness kills", he said. "It's as powerful as smoking or alcoholism". 上記の文に関して「Loneliness killsはas powerful as何と何だ、と言っていましたか?」という質問を作りたいのですが私が英文にしたものはどうもしっくりきません。「」内のようなニュアンスで英語にしていただけないでしょうか、お願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#2です。訂正です。  What and what are as powerful as loneliness in killing according to Wadinger? 元の質問文が変なので「しっくり来ない」英訳をお作りになったのなら、原語の雰囲気をよく伝えるいい訳だったのだと思います。

monomi_000
質問者

お礼

そのような方法は思いつきませんでした、ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

What and what are as powerful as loneliness in killing?

noname#232424
noname#232424
回答No.1

For the causes of a short life, what did Wadinger compare loneliness with?

関連するQ&A

• 同じような意味の単語

英語やり直し組みです In a unanimous decision Friday, the high court dismissed petitions for a delay, and said the vote can go forward as scheduled. But it said the result will be kept secret pending a ruling on Mr. Musharraf's eligibility. (1)vote can go forward as scheduled とありますが、この前文でelection can go ahead as planned という言い方がありました。 同じような意味だと思いますが、使い分ける理由は何かあるのでしょうか?またcan go forward as plannedやcan go ahead as scheduledという言い方は可能でしょうか? (2)But it said the result will be kept secret pending a ruling on Mr. Musharraf's eligibility 「しかしそれはムシャラフ氏の適正についての判決まで結果は秘密にされるだろうと言うことを示していた」 のような感じだと思うのですが「まで」を「pending」を使って表していますが、この「pending」という単語は初めて見ました。これはuntillと同じように使うことは可能でしょうか? お願いします。

• どなたか翻訳お願いできますか?

どなたか翻訳お願いしたいです。 ちょっと長くてごめんなさい。 *Saturn はサターンでいいです お願いします Saturn, the planet of fate and Karma was influencing your house of marriage at birth. This means your soul mate will be striking but cold and distant, and he will have elements of the shadow. In Jungian terms you will meet your own darker side through him the things you fear and things you repress. The relationship may cost time and effort. A partner who is self controlled, conservative slow to make a commitment or decisions, cold undemonstrative and pessimistic. Someone who may undermine you and make you feel rejected. This relationship will have grief and loneliness as well as love, but through its sorrows you will find strength and dignity.

• 教えてください

なるべく同じ単語を使わずに文法を変えて同じ意味で教えてください Advances in science and economics are not necessarily making people happier. Yes,people are living longer,but for most people this just means spending more time in a hospital. We are gaining quantity,but losing quality. As for piercing,it teaches kids to abuse their bodies and leads to infections and permanent scarring. High boots and shoes are inherently dangerous. If we outlaw other dangerous activities such as speeding,drugs and guns,should not we outlaw such shoes?

• but?

某参考書に載っていた文章です。 There is very often a warm interval in February, sometimes a few days earlier and sometimes later, but as a rule it happens that a week or so of mild sunny weather occurs about this time. 「2月に暖かい期間がある」という最初の文と、「通常その頃に温暖な晴天が一週間ぐらい続く」という二つめの文をつなぐ接続詞がbut(逆接)になっているのは、なぜでしょう?  むしろ、andなどの方がいいような気がするのですが。

• wait out my feelings

My father died two years ago from complications due to alcoholism. It was a long time coming, and I lived on the other side of the country and did not want to deal with the daily aspects of his care. My mom took care of him as he died but only in the most cursory ways—feeding and housing him. In all other ways she seemed to hate him: freezing him out and ignoring him when he spoke. I firmly believe that my mom should have left him, and it makes me angry at her for staying with him and enabling his alcoholism. I am having a lot of trouble talking to my mom now. I feel angry every time we speak. I currently can’t afford counseling, so my only strategy is to avoid her and wait out my feelings, which since my dad’s death have wavered between clinginess, distance, annoyance, and anger. wait out my feelingsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

For some, the measure of his success was the transformation of a ho-hum computer company into a $380 billion technology titan that became the world's most valuable company (in terms of market value) earlier this year. He was worth $8 billion when he died last week of pancreatic cancer. For many others — and Mr. Jobs himself, who claimed it was never about the money — his legacy will be the way he transformed the relationship between people and technology.

• 英語の翻訳で分からないところがあります。

ケリーとそのお姉さんの話です。↓(ケリー・オズボーンの自伝より) "Kelly, your breath fucking stinks, Fuck off!" my sister replied. One of the teachers came marching down and said, "Kelly, who swore at you just then?" I just kept looking forward and said, "I don't know, Miss" As if I was going to dob my sister in it. As much as we didn't get on at times, there were no way I was going to dob on my sister. There was absolutely no fucking way. 「ケリー、あんたの息くさいわよ。うせろ!」姉が答えた。 先生の一人がやってきて言った。 「ケリー、そのとき(?(1)) 誰があなたを罵ったの?」 私はちょっと期待して(?(2))言った。「わかりません。先生」 まるで私が姉ををそれに(?(3))チクろうとしているみたいだった。 私たちはたまに仲たがいするときがあったけど、姉をチクるつもりはなかった。(?(4)) 本当にそんなつもりはなかった。(?(5)) (1) just then=そのとき だとおかしいのでもっとうまい訳し方がありますか。 (2) kept lookinf go=「期待した」であってますか。 (3) dob in=~に密告する。という意味ですが、このitは何を指してますか? (4)(5) there was no way=の訳がよくわかりません。 「そんなつもりはなかった。」と否定にすると(2)でなぜケリーが期待して答えたのか理解できません。 お手数ですがよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を和訳してください。

和訳お願いします。 An old man died and left son a lot of money. But the son was a foolish young man, and he quickly spent all the money, so that soon he had nothing left. Of course, when that happened, all his friends left him. When he was quite poor and alone, he went to see Nasreddin, who was a kind, clever old man and often helped people when they had troubles. `My money has finished and my friends have gone, `said the young man. `What will happen to me now?` `don't worry, young man, `answered Nasreddin. `Everything will soon be all right again. Wait, and you will soon feel much happier.`

• 日本語訳について

下記英文について Wang, for his part, said the relationship between China and Taiwan, which Beijing sees as a renegade province that must be reunited by force if necessary, is a matter that concerns the stability in the strait and regional peace, the ministry said. Beijing(北京)がを必要によっては強引に再結合される違反した州とみなしている中国と台湾との関係はa matter である。a matterについてはthat以下が説明。 だいたいこんな感じの訳になると思うのですが、(間違いがあったら訂正してください) Beijing(北京)が中国と台湾の関係をみなしているってなんか変じゃないですか?訳のやり方が間違っていますか?

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) For over 1,800 years, pepople have had animals as pets. Dogs and cats are the ones which are kept the most, but some people keep fish, rabbits, snakes and robopets. Then, you may say, “What are robopets?” Over the years, science has developed and now we have robot pets. Some of them can show “feelings,”such as joy, sadness and anger, by using body movements, sounds and the lights in their eyes. Some can even decide how to things by themselves, as well as remember hundreds of words and talk to us in languages such as English, Japanese and Spanish. Robopets have some better points than animal pets. They don't make loud noises and we don't need to feed them, give them a bath or take them for a walk. Also, they never make the carpet or floor dirty, so we don't have to clean up after them. And they don't get sick or die ! Many people aren't interersted in having robopets, however. They can't feel any warm relationship between a robot and themselves. They feel that when they have an animal as a pets, they can have friendly relationship with it. When animals get sick or die, we learn an important lesson : we wil be gone some day. So we love them more and learn how important ― and sometimes short ―life is. People now have a choice about pets. They can choose a pet that is very convenient, or they can choose a pet that is living. Which kind would you choose?