検察官ができないことを知っていたという取調べのために、検察庁に再びに原告を連れて行った

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 和訳 knew he couldn't do 外国人です。。。
  • 私の和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします。
  • 10月17日、検察官ができないことを知っていたという取調べのために、検察庁に再びに原告を連れて行った。原告は、「私をこちらへ連れて行く事は税金の浪費です。」と被告に叱責した。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳 knew he couldn't do

外国人です。。。私の和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします。 On October 17th Plaintiff was taken to the Prosecutor's office again for an interrogation, that the Prosecutor knew he couldn't do. Plaintiff scolded the Prosecutor, “What a waste of taxes to bring me here!". 10月17日、検察官ができないことを知っていたという取調べのために、検察庁に再びに原告を連れて行った。原告は、「私をこちらへ連れて行く事は税金の浪費です。」と被告に叱責した。

noname#229745
noname#229745
  • 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数10

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.4

I see, now I get the gist. So the Prosecutor knew that they were not "entitled" to conduct an interrogation on the grounds that the Plaintiff had pleaded the right to remain silent. In that case, the following may be appropriate: 10月17日、被告検察官は取調べをすることができないとわかっていながら、原告を再度検察庁に連れて行った。原告は、「何で呼ぶの、黙秘権にすると分かっているのに、私をこちらへ連れて行く事は税金の浪費です。起訴するつもりであれば今直ぐに起訴して下さい」と被告を非難した。

noname#229745
質問者

お礼

You are just so good at this... Like I said before, I love your mind. Fantastic, thanks a lot. Your reply was really appreciated. :o)

その他の回答 (4)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.5

前便の回答文に一部補足・改善すべきところがありましたので、加筆して再送いたします。 ⇒10月17日、検察官が原告を取調べできないことを知ったので、そのために原告は再び検察庁に連行された。(そこで)原告は、「私をここに連れて来たことは、税金の浪費です!」と検察官(の被告)を譴責した。 *変更したところは以下のとおりです。 「被告」→「検察官(の被告)」、「叱責した」→「譴責(けんせき)した」。

noname#229745
質問者

お礼

again... I'm really sorry. This is my mistake. You know I wish you had something for me to correct for you. I feel guilty because you've really helped me a lot. You can probably tell by what I write that I'm very appreciative thanks!!

• cbm51901
回答No.3

#1です。 私の日本語に間違いがありましたので訂正いたします。 「私をここに連れてくるとは、何という税金の無駄遣いだ。」X 「私をここに連れてくるとは、何という税金の無駄遣いか。」〇 失礼いたしました。

noname#229745
質問者

お礼

thanks - but this was my mistake - I should have noted the stuff in quotations didn't need to be corrected. I'm sorry about that.

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9715/12083)
回答No.2

>On October 17th Plaintiff was taken to the Prosecutor's office again for an interrogation, that the Prosecutor knew he couldn't do. (Then) Plaintiff scolded the Prosecutor, “What a waste of taxes to bring me here!". >10月17日、検察官ができないことを知っていたという取調べのために、検察庁に再びに原告を連れて行った。原告は、「私をこちらへ連れて行く事は税金の浪費です。」と被告に叱責した。 *for an interrogation, that the Prosecutor knew he couldn't doのところが難しいですね。「検察官ができないことを知っていたという取調べのために」では意味が通じないような気がします。むしろ、「検察官が原告を取調べできないことを知ったので、そのために」としたらいかがでしょう。was taken toは、「連行された」が適訳と思います。また、第1文と第2文の間にThen「そこで」を入れると文脈が滑らかになりますね。いかがでしょうか。 ⇒10月17日、検察官が原告を取調べできないことを知ったので、そのために原告は再び検察庁に連行された。(そこで)原告は、「私をここに連れて来たことは、税金の浪費です!」と被告を叱責した。

noname#229745
質問者

お礼

I should have wrote back however I didn't want to write to two people so I just wrote to cbm51901さん because that was the first reply. I was then planning to write you after (now).. So I made a mistake with this posting. I didn't want to post so much so I shortened it. Well, in doing so the meaning got lost... and for that reason your translation is a bit off. 'my fault entirely'. If you were here I'd buy you a beer for the trouble :o)

• cbm51901
回答No.1

10月17日、検察官は尋問に応じないことを承知の上で、原告を再度検察庁に連れて行った。原告は、「私をここに連れてくるとは、何という税金の無駄遣いだ。」と検察官[*1]を非難した。 [*1]: 検察官=被告 であるとしても 、原文では Prosecutor となっているので、これを被告と訳すことはできないと思います。

noname#229745
質問者

お礼

Thanks for the correction. I wonder about "に応じない"... Read the following and then please let me know if it's right. I tried to shorten the paragraph to make it easier to translate but in doing so the meaning sort of got lost - Also I forgot to change the last 被告 to Prosecutor (sorry about that - my mistake) Here's the original English: (Defendant = Prosecutor) On October 17th Plaintiff was taken to the Defendant Prosecutor's office again for an interrogation, that the Defendant Prosecutor knew he couldn't do. Plaintiff scolded the Defendant, “What a waste of taxes to bring me here! You know I've invoked the right to remain silent. If you are intending to charge me, charge me right away please.” The part in quotations can NOT be changed and for that reason I didn't include all of it. With your corrections here's how it reads: *note that 取調べ is the word used by the police so that's what I have to use. 10月17日、被告検察官は取調べに応じないことを承知の上で、原告を再度検察庁に連れて行った。原告は、「何で呼ぶの、黙秘権にすると分かっているのに、私をこちらへ連れて行く事は税金の浪費です。起訴するつもりであれば今直ぐに起訴して下さい」と被告を非難した。 I very much appreciate your time responding back - thanks in advance !!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳 couldn't be done

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします(外国人です) Instead the Defendant Prosecutor extended Plaintiff's detention for 10 days for the purpose of doing “interrogations”, knowing full well that interrogations couldn't be done. 代わりに被告検察官は、取調べを行うことができなかったことを十分に承知した上で、「取調べ」を行うという目的で、原告の勾留を10日間延長した。

• 和訳 did so by

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします(外国人です) 被告は、原告が無実であることを証明するために裁判に行きたがっていることを知ったときに、原告が自らの権利を侵害するよう強要するために、勾留の苦難を延長することによってそうした。 Defendants did so by extending the detention hardship to compel Plaintiff to violate his rights, when they knew Plaintiff wanted to go to trial to prove his innocence.

• 和訳 and that he was

外国人です。。。私の和訳はあっているでしょうか。添削をお願いいたします。 John mailed yet another letter to the Prosecutor scolding him, because he understood interrogations couldn't happen, and that he was just punishing John for not giving up his right to remain silent. ジョンは、検察官に対し、取調べをすることができないとわかっていたため、また黙秘権を放棄していないという理由だけでジョンを処罰していたために、察官を叱り、さらにもう一つの手紙を郵送した。

• 和訳 ~can be simplified as~

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします。 “Defendants violated Plaintiff's right to have the laws upheld, by allowing government (police, prosecutors) personal desire contrary to the law.” can be simplified as, “Defendant Judges violated Plaintiff's right to have the laws upheld, by allowing government (police, prosecutors) acts contrary to the law.”. 「被告は、公務員(警察、検察)の、法に反して個人的欲求を許容することによって、原告の法律擁護権を侵害した。」は次のように簡単な言葉に置き換えることができる。「被告裁判官は、公務員(警察、検察)の、法に反して行為を許容することによって、原告の法律擁護権を侵害した。」

• 和訳 by... by... by...

外国人です。 byで接続している文章です。なかなかよい文章は書かないです。 どんなふうに和訳すればいいですか? Defendants violated Plaintiff's right to access public court records, by maintaining a requirement that “permission” must be obtained from the opposing Prosecutor, to access public court records for one's own case for trial, by withholding, restricting and refusing access to the Record of Proceedings, and, by deleting crucial testimony and dialogue from the audio Record of Proceedings, to conceal it. 被告は、裁判のために自らの事件のために公判記録に開示を求めるためには、敵対している検察官から「許可」を得なければならないという要件を維持したり、公判調書の提出を差し控えたり、アクセスを拒否したり、アクセスを制限したりと、証言の隠匿を目的に公判の録音体から証言や対話を削除したことによって、原告の公判記録総てに開示を求める権に違反した。 英語はこんなふうに分けている: Defendants violated Plaintiff's right to access public court records, by maintaining a requirement that “permission” must be obtained from the opposing Prosecutor, to access public court records for one's own case for trial, by withholding, restricting and refusing access to the Record of Proceedings, and, by deleting crucial testimony and dialogue from the audio Record of Proceedings, to conceal it.

• 和訳 brings this lawsuit

正しい日本語に書き直すことをお願いします(辞書形) Plaintiff brings this lawsuit in effort to provide an understanding, and encourage discussion both domestically and internationally. 100% of damages from this lawsuit will be donated to the “Japan Federation of Bar Associations”, for their continued effort over decades, trying to get their government (police, prosecutors and judges) to obey and uphold the laws. 原告は、国内外での議論を促進し、理解を提供するためにこの訴訟を提起する。訴訟の損害賠償額は、政府(警察、検察、裁判)に法令を遵守させるために何十年もの努力を続けてきた「日本弁護士連合会」に寄付される。

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Battle of Langemarck took place from 21–24 October, after an advance by the German 4th and 6th armies which began on 19 October, as the left flank of the BEF began advancing towards Menin and Roulers. On 20 October, Langemarck, north-east of Ypres, was held by a French territorial unit and the British IV corps to the south. I Corps (Lieutenant-General Douglas Haig) was due to arrive with orders to attack on 21 October. On 21 October, it had been cloudy and attempts to reconnoitre the German positions during the afternoon had not observed any German troops movements; the arrival of four new German reserve corps was discovered by prisoner statements, wireless interception and the increasing power of German attacks; ​5 1⁄2 infantry corps were now known to be north of the Lys, along with the four cavalry corps, against ​7 1⁄3 British divisions and five allied cavalry divisions. The British attack made early progress but the 4th army began a series of attacks, albeit badly organised and poorly supported. The German 6th and 4th armies attacked from Armentières to Messines and Langemarck. The British IV Corps was attacked around Langemarck, where the 7th Division was able to repulse German attacks and I Corps was able to make a short advance. Further north, French cavalry was pushed back to the Yser by the XXIII Reserve Corps and by nightfall was dug in from the junction with the British at Steenstraat to the vicinity of Dixmude, the boundary with the Belgian army. The British closed the gap with a small number of reinforcements and on 23 October, the French IX Corps took over the north end of the Ypres salient, relieving I Corps with the 17th Division. Kortekeer Cabaret was recaptured by the 1st Division and the 2nd Division was relieved. Next day, I Corps had been relieved and the 7th Division lost Polygon Wood temporarily. The left flank of the 7th Division was taken over by the 2nd Division, which joined in the counter-attack of the French IX Corps on the northern flank towards Roulers and Thourout, as the fighting further north on the Yser impeded German attacks around Ypres. German attacks were made on the right flank of the 7th Division at Gheluvelt. The British sent the remains of I Corps to reinforce IV Corps. German attacks from 25–26 October were made further south, against the 7th Division on the Menin Road and on 26 October part of the line crumbled until reserves were scraped up to block the gap and avoid a rout. Langemarck ランゲマルク

• 冠詞:He knew just the man ~

こんにちは、いつもお世話になります。 背景:舞台は、1940年、戦時下のルーマニア。 Nickは、反ユダヤ主義の鉄衛団に追われた女性を助ける。 さて、妻子ある身のNickは妻に内緒で匿う事にする。 その為には、先ずは住む場所を探してやらねばならぬ。 その時の状況説明的な文。 He would find her somewhere to stay. He knew just the man to help out. (出典:MY BEAUTIFUL SPY 著者:Colin Falconer) このtheですが、あたかも読者も知っているような親近感をもたせる「導入のthe」でしょうか? それとも「限定修飾されたthe」でしょうか?(だとすると、justで限定? to help outで限定?) よろしくお願い致します。

• couldn't と mustn't

The concert starts at 10. We ( ) be late . でかっこに couldn't か mustn't  かのどちらかを入れる問題なんですが、どとらでも可のように思えるのです。もっとも「遅れてはいけない」と解釈できるのが前提ですが。「おくれることはできないだろうに」と読むことはできませんか。

• It couldn't

下記の直訳を文を区切って教えていただけますか? It couldn't be that he wants to be in my life.