noname#1019の回答

noname#1019
noname#1019
回答No.2

私も(b)だと思います。more or less はよく使いますが、more and less は使ったことも見たこともないです。

noname#4530
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとふございました。 (b)であってました。スゴイですね! ぼくは、"more or less"さえ、見たこともなかったです。(あるいはワスレたか) まだまだ未熟ョノウ、と思ふ雨の日です。

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳

We could further increase the value and efficiency of a Unified National Grid by helping our struggling auto companies switch to the manufacture of plug-in electric cars and save those auto jobs and renew our companies. An electric vehicle fleet would sharply reduce the cost of driving a car, reduce pollution, and increace the flexibility of our electricity grid. アル・ゴアの“Moving First Is in Our Own National Interest”の一部です。どなたか和訳お願いします

• 英文の訳を教えて下さい。

英文の訳を教えて下さい。 括弧の中の英文が分かりません。 一応、その前の部分の英文については訳せていますが、 その一文だけが訳せません。 Demand for convenience brought the totally sealed building with fixed windows and centrally controlled heating and air conditioning for one or more floors. Modern communications networks and office machinery required a labyrinth of interconnecting wires throughout the structures. These conduits and ducts also provide paths for the spread of fire and smoke.   「Insulation needed to minimize temperature change when heating or cooling    these lightweight structures also retains heat during a fire.」 一番最後の一文です。 何方かご教授下さいますようお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。とても安くて小さいものなのでまとめ売りらしいです。 発送ができるか質問を相手にしていたのですが返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてください。お願いします。 We are in receipt of your below mail and thank you very much for your interest in our articles. Of course we would be pleased to welcome you as our new customer and we could deliver our articles directly from LA to your address in Japan. Please kindly note that we have quite a few customers in Japan and it is absolutely no problems to import our goods. Since you have not clarified which articles you would like to purchase we suggest to have a look at our homepage 11111 and choose the requested items. Once you will let us know which items you would like to purchase we can send you our best offer. Since most of our articles are packed in boxes containing 2 or 3 pieces we normally request a minimum order quantity of a complete box. In case of orders for less than a complete box our prices get increased by 30 %. If the order is for more than 5 pieces of one article our prices will get decreased. Hoping to have been of assistance to you and awaiting your detailed inquiry.

• 英文和訳 

To be sure, reaching the goal of 100 percent renewable and truly clean electricity within 10 years will require us to overcome many obstacles. At present, for example, we do not have a unified national grid that is sufficiently advanced to link the areas where the sun shines and the wind blows to the cities in the East and West that need the electricity. Our national electric grid is critical infrastructure, as vital to the health and security of our economy as our highways and telecommunication networks. Today, our grids are antiquated, fragile, and vulnerable to cascading failure. Power outages and defects in the current grid system cost US businesses more than $120 billion dollars a year. It has to be upgraded anyway. アル・ゴアの“Moving First Is in Our Own National Interest”の一部です。どなたか和訳お願いします

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。在庫があるか質問したら返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 we finally tracked 2 down for you and it’s actually a better size than our previous one. I can keep the price at $9.99 and the shipping of all will be $5 if you are interested please let me know, I have sent you the invoice and gave you 50% off the price. The cost of shipping is a bit higher since it’s just those items. I can also put the AAA online and you can add it to another order, but it would delay this AAA and the rest of the order since I need a couple of days to send it to our warehouse. If it’s cheaper I can refund you back the cost of the shipping if it is less but it’s high since it’s a smaller shipment. The new one is 2wx 3hx 2d cm and the original smaller one is 1wx 2h x 1d cm, everything else is the same, it’s a really nice AAA and nearly sold out in most places.

• 【大至急】 英文の和訳

至急!和訳お願いします!! 次の英文の和訳が知りたいです! (1) Southern Norweigian was in many respects acutually more similar to Danish than to the western dialects. (2) We are a distinct people with our own nation and our own identity, and the most obvious sign of our identity is our language. よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

オバマ大統領の宇宙計画に関するスピーチ(2010年)の一文です。 But while the measure of our achievements has changed a great deal over the past 50 years, what we do -- or fail to do -- in seeking new frontiers is no less consequential for our future in space and here on Earth. それでも、功績を測る基準は過去50年の間に大きく変わってきたとはいえ、 新境地を求めるためにすること、あるいはしないことは、我々の宇宙とここ地球上の未来のために同様に必要なのである。 ・主語、「--」の考え方について in seeking new frontiers は、what we do、or fail to doにかかっているのでしょうか? → 新境地を求めるにあたり我々がすること、あるいはしないこと それとも、 what we do と in seeking new frontiersは同等で、or fial to doは挿入されているだけなのでしょうか? → 我々がすること、つまり新境地を求めること、あるいはしないこと ・no less consequential 辞書上の意味「結果としておこる、必然の、間接的な、重大な」とどれをとってもしっくりこないのですが、特別な表現なのでしょうか? 以下、抜粋と、全文のURLです。 So today, I’d like to talk about the next chapter in this story. The challenges facing our space program are different, and our imperatives for this program are different, than in decades past. We’re no longer racing against an adversary. We’re no longer competing to achieve a singular goal like reaching the Moon. In fact, what was once a global competition has long since become a global collaboration. But while the measure of our achievements has changed a great deal over the past 50 years, what we do -- or fail to do -- in seeking new frontiers is no less consequential for our future in space and here on Earth. http://www.nasa.gov/news/media/trans/obama_ksc_trans.html 段落の意味としては、 宇宙計画の意味合いも、物事を測る基準も以前と変わってきている。 けれども、 未来のために私たちが新境地を求めようとすることは、昔も今も変わらない。 と捉えたのですが、そこが間違っているのでしょうか? アドバイスいただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 間違い訂正問題

誤った箇所の訂正を教えて下さい。 1I wish we (had) (a little more) time to (discuss about) the problem (from a different point of view). 2Our social studies teacher told us we (must) (hand in) (our assignments) (until) 5:00 p.m. on Friday. 3(Not wanting) to hurt his feelings, (but) Sally tried to find (a polite way) (to refuse) Bob's invitation.

• 英語の選択問題

We decided to pay the worker compensation() our lawyer tells us that we have a good chance of winning the case in court. a)although b)because c)since d)as if cのsinceだと思うのですが、どうでしょうか^^; よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします。 A society

I’d say the government should deduct income tax and residential taxes from households that have two children in order to Put effective breaks on the birthrate problem. If it dose , they will be given more opportunities to have babies than before with less financial problem .And as to the second problem, we have to change the current situation in which the elderly are seen as a social burden in Japan and make the best use of them with respect and care as a precious grope of society. Personally I suggest a practical idea that we ask them to take care of children on the waiting list in their free times,which I think could bring about a social benefit to Japan. I ‘m sure the idea proposed among our communities will more or less make a meaningful difference on the issue.