英語でのメールについて

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 次のセメスターの履修登録が今週から始まります。私はトランスファーでこちらの大学に来たのですが、未だに何単位移せるのかわかりません。
  • 次のセメスターの履修登録を一緒に考えてくれるアドバイザーから相談する日のサインアップをするようメールが来ました。登録する前に何単位が移行可能か先に知りたいので、その人に聞こうかと思っています。
  • 以前留学生の担当のアドバイザーに聞いたら、まだ手続きが終わってないと言われ、それから特に連絡のない状態です。つい先日メールを送ったのですが、返事がなく・・・笑。ですので、register officeに行こうかと考えていましたが、まだ行けていない状態です。そしてちょうどメールがきたのでこの方に聞こうかと思うのですが…
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語でのメールについて

次のセメスターの履修登録が今週から始まります。 私はトランスファーでこちらの大学に来たのですが、未だに何単位移せるのかわかりません。(恐らく何単位かは移行が可能なはずです) 次のセメスターの履修登録を一緒に考えてくれるアドバイザーから相談する日のサインアップをするようメールが来ました。 登録する前に何単位が移行可能か先に知りたいので、その人に聞こうかと思っています。 以前留学生の担当のアドバイザーに聞いたら、まだ手続きが終わってないと言われ、それから特に連絡のない状態です。つい先日メールを送ったのですが、返事がなく・・・笑。ですので、register officeに行こうかと考えていましたが、まだ行けていない状態です。 そしてちょうどメールがきたのでこの方に聞こうかと思うのですが… 内容的には、 My name is 〇〇. I am international student and transferred to this college. However, I do not know how many units can transfer. Could you look at my units or where should I ask for this question? (私の単位について調べていただけますか。もしくはどこで聞けばいいですか?) I would like to know until require to take my class of next semester. このような内容のメールでいいでしょうか? こちらの文章を添削して欲しいです。 またメールなので、失礼な表現などあればそちらも教えて欲しいのです。 よろしくお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.3

あくまでもメールの書き方の参考事例としてどうぞ。 本質的な解決策については、No.1 さんの仰る通りかも知れません。 ===================== Dear Mr. Smith / Ms. Smith, My name is Ichiro Suzuki. I am a student at this college, an international student from ABC University in Japan. Although I believe I am entitled to transfer some of the credits/units that I had earned at ABC University, it seems the procedure is yet to be completed. Can you please look into this, and let me know the status of my credits/units? I would like to know in particular, the number of units/credits that can be transferred to this college from ABC University. I need this information before registering classes in the coming semester. Should my inquiry be directed elsewhere, please advise. Thank you for your cooperation. Best regards, Ichiro Suzuki ==================== Dear Mr. Smith / Ms. Smith, My name is Ichiro Suzuki. 私は日本のABC大学からこのカレッジに来ている留学生です。 ABC大学で取得した単位の幾つかをこちらに移すことが可能なはずですが、まだ事務手続きが済んでいないようです。 私の単位がどうなっているのか、この件について調べていだたけないでしょうか。特に、ABC大学からこのカレッジに移行可能な単位の数が知りたいのです。 次のセメスターの履修登録の前に、この情報が必要です。 他所に問い合わせた方がよい場合は、その照会先を教えてください。 Thank you for your cooperation. Best regards, Ichiro Suzuki

wxw
質問者

お礼

詳しく説明していただきありがとうございます。 メールを送ったのですが、いつまでたっても返事が来ず…。 結局直接持って行きましたが、数日かかると言われてしまいました。 早くして欲しいです笑。 大変参考になりました!ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (2)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.2

これで通じると思いますが、最後のところはちょっと手直ししたほうが良いと思うので他の細かいところも含めて添削させていただきます。 My name is 〇〇. I am [+ an] international student and [+ was] transferred to this college. [However, I do not know -> I haven't been advised] how many units can [transfer -> be transferred yet]. Could you [look at my units -> help me investigate about my units] or [+ tell me] where [should I ask for -> I should visit to ask] this question? (私の単位について調べていただけますか。もしくはどこで聞けばいいですか?) I would like to know [+ this] [until -> by] [require to take -> the deadline to enroll] my [class of -> classes for ]next semester. 特に失礼なところはないです。

wxw
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 メールは文章だけでのやり取りになってしまうので、少し気を張ってしまいます。 特に相手が教授になると…大変です><。 大変参考になりました!!ありがとうございます。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

My name is 〇〇. I am an international student transferred to this college. However, I do not know how many units can be transferred. Could you look at my units or where should I ask for this question? I would like to know before I register for classes of next semester.  で英語の方はいいと思いますが、単位の移行については、日本で受けた講義内容の如何で決まるので、先生も見ただけで何単位移せるはわからないと思います。  専攻の指導教官に会って話すのが一番早いでしょう。日本の大学の成績表を持って行って直接話せば、その日にわかることだと思います。

wxw
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 直接register officeに持って行きました。が、数日かかると言われました笑。 大変参考になりました! ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• メールについて(英文)

「I am so excited to welcome you to spring semester of voice lessons! A syllabus will be sent along ASAP- But for now - I need you to all EMAIL ME YOUR COMPLETE SCHEDULES so I can slot you into times when I am teaching! Make sure you include all the possible empty times during your week!」 教授からこのようなメールが届きました。 3行目からの質問なのですが、授業の空き時間を全てメールで伝えればいいのでしょうか? 返信としては、 Dear Dr. XX This is XX. My empty time in this semester is Monday: 11:00~11:50, 1:00~1:50 Tuesday: .... I'm looking forward to meet you in your class. などでいいでしょうか? 前セメスターでも授業を受けていたので、私が英語を話せないことは知っていますが、失礼のないように送りたいです。 こちらの文でいいか添削をお願いします。

• メールの書き方について(添削)

教授に履修登録のアドバイスをもらうために、会う日を決めたいのですが、英文を添削して欲しいです。 Dear Dr. XX My name is XX. I would like to sign up for a time to meet. Is it fine at 11:30 or 12:00 on Thursday, Nov. 2? Sincerely, XX でいいでしょうか? ちなみに、この教授とは合ったことがないのですが、「私があなたのアドバイザーです。都合のいい日を(リストアップされてる中から)選んでね」とメールが来ました。 ですので、初めに名前と、その送ってもらったメールを付けて送ればわかると思うのですが、どうでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の変なメールがきて怖いです・・。。

MSNのメッセンジャーに英語で変なメールが来ました。 とても怖いです。何のメールか教えてください With Due respect With Due respect I humbly write to solicit for your partnership and assistance in the transfer and investment of my inheritance fund Nine Million, United State Dollars. US($9,000.000.00) from my late father who died mysteriously last Dec. It was very evident that he was poisoned to death. In my culture, when a man dies, if he does not have a male child, the brothers shares his property leaving both the wife and the daughters empty handed including the house they live in. This is the exact case with me as I am the only daughter of my father. I lost my mother when I was barely a year old and my father refused to re-marry another wife because he felt solely responsible for my mother's death. This is so because he concentrated much on his businesses that he rarely pays attention to domestic affairs. He was always travelling taking care of his businesses that he did not notice when my mother took ill. He thought it was a minor illness and was ignorant of this. My mother on her own resorted to self-medication. It was not until the illness degenerated that my father took my mother to hospital where she was diagnosed to find out that hypatitis had eaten deep into her blood stream. She didn't last long before she died. This happened when I was barely a year old. Based on this, my father could not forgive himself easily because of it and said he was responsible for her death as he could have saved her if only he had paid attention to the things at home rather than concentrating much on his businesses. Despite all entreaties by friends and relatives, he refused to remarry but ensured that I had everything that I wanted. It was as a result of this that he made me the next of kin to his fund deposit with the bank and stated that in the event of any eventuality, I should have a direct access to the fund only when I am 24 years of age otherwise, I should have a guardian/partner intercede on my behalf for the release of the funds to me. Unfortunately, he died late last year and I am 21 years of age currently. This is why I have contacted you to serve as a guardian to me and as my foreign partner for the transfer and investment of the fund overseas My uncles does not know about the fund because they had already taken my father's houses and other properties because I am a girl and they said I do not have rights for any property. They have requested to have my father's bank papers but I simply told them that I do not know where he kept them. The younger brother took the house in the village while the houses in the town were sold out they shared the proceed they got from the sale. Right now, I am with a friend of mine and do sincerely want to travel out of my country. This can only happen when I have secured the release and transfer of the funds in the bank. This why it is important that we have a plan on the type of lucrative business that we can invest the funds on. I had at various times had discussions with the director of international remittance unit of the bank where my father deposited the funds and I was assured that once, I have someone who would be willing to receive the funds on my behalf, they shall commence all proceedings to effect the release and transfer of the funds into the person's designated account. Now, that you have signified your interest to partner with me, it would only be very necessary if you contact the bank and request for the release and transfer of my inheritance fund into your nominated account for the purpose of investment and to further have me come over to your country to continue with my studies. I shall be giving you the bank's contact details as soon as I hear back from you so that you will go ahead and contact the bank. Your urgent response will be appreciated Talk to you the more.reply me with this email (mariamad_7@yahoo.com) Sincerely

• アメリカ大学 単位移行

アメリカの大学に編入したのですが、単位の移行が済んでいません。 単位に関することは、register officeに行かなくればならないと思いますが、場所がわからないので、とりあえずinternational student のアドバイザーに聞いてみようと思っています。 そこで、I'd like to know how much credit is recognize? 「どれくらい単位が認められたか知りたい」と言えば通じるでしょうか? 日本から持って来た成績証明書(英文)を一緒に持っていけばわかってもらえると思うのですが…。 こういう言い回しの方が通じるよ、などあれば教えて欲しいです。 また単位が認められる、というのはrecognizeでいいのでしょうか?

• 英語のメールが来たのですが

英語でズラズラ書かれたメールが来たのですが正直解読出来ないので出来る方はお願いします 以前、YOUTUBEからメールがきてその解読をしてもらったのですが勧誘メールだったようだったので 今回もそんなのはめんどくさいのでどうかお願いします ただ普通のメールだったら申し訳ないですけど・・・orz My name is Jabor Thani, a merchant in Qatar. I have recently been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer, which has defiled all medical treatment. Expert diagnosis has shown that I have few months to live. The intention of this email is to employ the expertise of a business entrepreneur, who can identify a viable investment and guarantee reasonable returns on my wealth. This is to secure a future for my 4 years old son who lost his mother during birth. I cannot rely on his closest relatives any more, as they did not show responsible behaviour two years ago when I entrusted half of my wealth to them to invest on his behalf. They thought I wouldn’t survive the operation and then used the money for their personal needs. To prevent any more mishaps, my attorney will act as a check, monitoring every aspect of the investment. Funds should be split in half and distributed to charity organisation and the other half, as investment for my son. If this interests you, please reach me on the email address: jaborthani@aim.com to discuss terms and compensation. Kind regard Jabor Thani ******************************************************************************** The information in this email message is confidential and exclusive intended for the addressed. The information in this message is confidential and is possible legally protected. The information sent is exclusive intended with this e-mail message for the addressed. Use of this information through others then the addressed is bans. Publication, vermenigvuldiging,spread and/or verse twich of this information at harmed not has been allowed. Not in for the right and complete transfer of the content of a sent e-mail, neither for timely reception of that. This footnote gives also at that this e-mail gescand is through a current virus scanner on the presence of computer virussdn. With kind greeting ******************************************************************************

• ドメイン名がうちの登録商標だから移転させろと海外から言われています。

先日、私が登録しているドメインに絡んで、「そのドメインはうちの登録商標だから移転させて下さい。」 という内容のメールが海外から送信されて来ました。 それに対して、「どうしても必要なら考えます。」と返信しました。 その返答が下記です。 First thank you for your prompt reply. My companies name is ****** and this is a registered trademark in the US. The name ****** is registered at the site www.//////.org the registration no# is ++++++++ you can verify this at the above website. Im sorry that you did not know this but my company has legal copywrite to this name. The solution to this problem is to transfer this name to my company. I will gladly refund the money for the transfer upon you transferring it to my company. I have already contacted the proper internet authorities and they are verifying our trademark status. If you transfer this name to me I will not bring any legal charges against you or your company. Please contact Registrars.com for the proper procedure for transferring this domain to my company. If you need any information please let me know. どうも、法律の話うんぬんになっているので、 ややこしい事は避けたいと思い、移転させたいと思うのですが、その方法もわからず、また、 いろいろ経費を使ったので、最低でもその分は返してもらいたいと思っています。 このような場合、どう対処するのがベストなのでしょうか? お金の事に関しても、相手がどういう誠意を持っているのか、 英語の苦手な私には把握出来ません。 どうか助けて頂ければと思います。

• 英語でわからにところがあります

メールをもらってほとんど自力で解読しましたが わからない(調べても)箇所があります お願いします。 (1)I know you could it. がんばってねという意味であっていますでしょうか? (2)I know I told you about my last, well I got ANOTHER one!! I told you=前にいいましたが まではわかりましたが後がわかりません (3)I don't like summer, but I'm not reary for such cold weather either. (4)I dont't know if mentioned this my last email, この後は だけどわたしは冬休みは00へ行くつもりです。と続いています。

• メールの送り方について

ある教授にメールを送りたいのですが、 ちゃんと敬語になっているか、(失礼な文面でないか)、文法はおかしくないか、を確認して欲しいです。 My name is XX I’d like to get tickets because my family is going to come to see our performance. I checked the website but I don't know it is correct. Will you check it to be sure? This is the website. XXXXX(URL) Sincerely, XXXX 直接口頭で携帯でHPを見せて、「これで合っていますか?」と伝えたところ、「自分はそのサイトに詳しくないからわからない。確認するからメールで送ってくれる?」と言われました。 ですので、この内容の英文を送ろうと思っているのですが、こちらでいいでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語のメールを翻訳してください。

英語圏以外の人から英語のメールがきたのですが、 イマイチ意味が判りませんので手伝っていただければ 幸いです。相手が正しい英語を使用しているとも限りませんが。 もちろん、辞書やエキサイとの翻訳ページなども 活用しましたが、ピンときませんので・・・ http://www.excite.co.jp/world/text/ 知りたい文は 1.you know in my head had mana ?????? 2.i wonna to say good bye 3.i think you know why? 以上です。意訳でも結構ですので よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください

「以前単位の移行について以前聞きましたが、どうなっていますか?もしくはどこで聞けばいいですか?」 I have asked about the transition of my credit/unit, what is going on? Or where should I ask? インターナショナルアドバイザーの方に以前単位の移行について聞いたのですが、もう少し待って、と言われ2ヶ月ほど経つのですが…。 こっちから催促しないと忘れられてるかもよ、と言われたのでメールを送ろうかと思っています。 当時は何を言っているのかわからず…とりあえず最後に「つまり待てばいいってこと?」と聞き返し、「そう。ちょっと待ってて」と言われました。 インターナショナルアドバイザーの方は単位の話はわからないんだと思います。 そのことに関して、恐らくはじめに聞いた時に教えてくれたのですが聞き取れず…。 確認したいので、上の文章であっているかどうか添削お願いします。