• ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

He yelled at me for the littlest things, like not turning on the bathroom fan after I showered, or for accidentally buzzing the hair at the back of his head unevenly. buzzing the hair at the back of his head unevenlyとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9705/12071)
回答No.1

>buzzing the hair at the back of his head unevenlyとはどのような意味でしょうか? ⇒彼の頭のうしろ髪をでこぼこにカットした(ために彼は私に怒鳴った)。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

buzz というのは To cut the hair in a close-cropped military style つまり、軍隊式に短い角刈り(五分刈り、スポーツ刈り)にすること。 ここでは後頭部がきれいにまっすぐ刈れなかったんですね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• have a "tongue" of hair は?

He had a “tongue” of hair on the top of his head. His hair was thinning at the crown. ↑は、明らかに「頭のてっぺんが薄くなってきている」という意味だと思うのですが、have a "tongue" of hair on the top of his head の"tongue" というのはどういう状態になっているのでしょうか。教えて下さい。

• 英文の和訳

英文を和訳していただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 内容的に前回の段落の続きだと想像します。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Likes time too sit and digest or doze and linger or talk for a while after his meal, before getting back to his tasks. He craves beer but it does not agree with him. Eructions after eating bitter, empty, or sour things heaviness after eating like a stone. Eats a lot through the day if he can, He drinks milk, eats bread at his meals and sandwiches. Always nibbling. Always taking biscuits, cracker, snacks between meals. A biscuit in his bag. Likes sweet pies like cherry or apple pie. Likes eggs in any form, and flavors like garlic and chili.

• "after"-の「欲しがる」の意味。

Nigel was similarly sniffy. "This is typical of him. He is very theatrical. His whole life is one huge soap opera. He might be after a bit of sympathy. If I was his fan, I wouldn't be worried." レコードが売れなくなって、薬中のリハビリセンターへ入所した歌手への 批判なんですが、この He might be after a bit of sympathy.の、afterの意味がよく 分かりません。 調べたら、afterには、「欲しがって」「下心があって」という意味もあるらしいんですが、 この訳は「彼は少しばかりの同情を欲しがっているかもしれない。」で合ってますか? 自信がないので教えて下さい。 afterのこの意味で、ほかの例文もあったら教えて下さい。 ややこしくてすみません。よろしくお願いします。

• 文の意味がわからない

Paul's mother complained that he did not know the things at his birth. この文章の意味が、テキストでは 「ポールの母親は、ポールが母親の誕生日のことを知らないと不満を言った」 となっているのですが、どうして「母親の誕生日」なのでしょうか? at his birth とあるのだから「ポールの誕生日」だと思うのですが・・・・・・

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband of 25 years was diagnosed with early-onset Parkinson’s shortly after we married. He has been lucky until recently and the disease has been mild. However, he’s now rapidly declining. I am a research fanatic (and a bit bossy, I admit) and have spent years reading everything I can get my hands on, but no matter what I discover (the benefits of PT! tai chi!) he pooh-poohs it and won’t even discuss it with his doctor. Now, at the point where he is barely mobile, unable to work, and susceptible to falls, I find myself deeply upset that he has never been willing to try the (proven, not wacky) things that might help him. I work full-time (to support the family); we have three kids. I would never leave him, but I feel like a big boulder is hurtling down the hill at me. And I am so, so angry. Not at the unfairness of it all, but at him, for not even trying. What’s coming is not good, so I need to figure out how to let go of all this bitterness. ここでのWhat’s comingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• "a diva"が男性に使われる場合の意味

He probably felt like I was stepping on his turf a bit when I joined the show. At times I got the impression he didn't like me for that reason We never had words, but I thought he became a bit of a diva towards the end. But he probably thought the same thing about me too. divaは、オペラ歌手とか、わがままな女性に使われると思うのですが、この場合のdivaは 男性に使われています。どんな意味でしょうか?

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? においについて?みたいな感じです・・。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Every one has a distinctive individual odour, but it is often so subtle that we do not smell it. It is harder still to describe in words. Your soul mate washes frequently, and his odious and fragrance will not be strong, but the subtle nuances of them are a warmth, like cloth. He smells of shampoo, and faintly fragrant and like hair styling products, and there is a subtle undertone of oiliness, cooking oils and toasted and fried things. soap, faintly of burnt things, and tomatoes and cheese or pizza, There is a fragrance of mingled things,. These odours are so faint you hardly smell them, you more feel it, you know when he is there, like the difference between him and an empty space, but the subtle difference in air is uniquely his own. The strongest parts for detecting this smell are the region of his hair and collar.. The cloth and cooking smell is the undertone, the lower note or less pleasant background of his perfume. and the shampoo and hair styling products, stronger like a cloaking smell but they are both so fine and subtle that it is hard to detect these things

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have been with my fiancé for almost four years. He’s smart, funny, generous, and attentive. He also has some problems with drinking and a wicked temper. These problems have come to a head before, with a couple of drunken tantrums over the years. This past weekend, it was worse than it’s ever been, and he put me through a wall. I’m OK physically now. The next day, he poured out the rest of his liquor cabinet (I rarely drink) and called a counselor to help him manage his anger. poured out the rest of his liquor cabinetはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳

This picture is both beautiful and sad at the same time. The artist on the left is Chagall. His head is upside down and he looks upset. The woman on the right is Bella. Why is she crying?The girl holding the ball may be Ida,their daughter. The ball looks like the crystal ball of a fortune-teller and contains a scene of their hometown. One day in September 1944,Bella suddenly became ill. Two days later,something terrible happened. Bella died. Before that she had been living a cheerful,full life. Their happy life ended 35 years after they had first met. Chagall lost all interest for painting,art,and life. He didn’t pick up a paintbrush for the next nine months. Finally,he began to paint pictures for the memory of Bella. “Around Her”is the first picture he painted after Bella’s death. He kept this picture at his home until his death in 1985. 和訳していただけたら嬉しいです。

• acknowledge

The reason I ask is because a close friend of mine started seeing the school counselor a lot before summer, and he confided in me that it was because his mom was treating him poorly at home. I'm really sad for him, but I'm also confused by the examples he gave me of what his mom did to him: she always yelled at him; she would refuse to acknowledge him for two weeks straight; acknowledge himはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします