What Do We Know About the First Kiss in Human History?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Kissing represents respect, passion, and love.
  • But what about the first two people in human history who kissed? Were they just being gross?
  • Let's explore why kissing feels good and why it's good for you.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

what we do know...の和訳

以下の英文の主旨が掴みきれません。 Today kissing represents respect, passion, love. But when the first two people in human history kissed, were they just kind of being gross? Well, let’s begin with what we do know: kissing feels good, and it’s good for you. 自分なりに訳してみると、 今では、キスは尊敬や情熱や愛を表します。でも、人類最初の2人がキスしたとき、それはただ唇を重ねるだけだったのでしょうか? じゃあ、キスはなぜ気持ちいいのか、そしてキスはなぜあなたにとって良いことなのかを探っていきましょうか。 ……というような意味なのかなと思いましたが、いまいち意味不明です。 お教え頂けますと幸いです。 原文 (前略)why do we kiss? I mean, if you think about it, it seems kind of weird, right? I mean, sure, today kissing represents peace, respect, passion, love. But when the first two people in human history kissed, were they just kind of being gross? Well, let’s begin with what we do know: kissing feels good, and it’s good for you. A passionate kiss burns about 2 to 3 calories per minute, and releases epinephrine and norepinephrine into the blood making your heart to pump faster. Kissing more often is correlated with a reduction of bad cholesterol and perceived stress. But these positive effects didn’t become widespread by accident.(後略)

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

were they just kind of being gross? they は the first two people のことです。 彼らはただちょっと下品なふるまいをしていたのだろうか? they were gross の進行形。 let’s begin with what we do know 実際、わかっていることから始めよう。 と言っておいて、わかっていることを:以下で述べています。 キスは気分いいものだし、あなたにとっても気分いいものだ。

grapescoop
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 what we do knowはわかっていること、ということなのですね。 参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• we are what we do人がモノ?コト?

Excellence is an art won by training and habituation: we do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly; "these virtues are formed in man by his doing the actions"; we are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit: "the good of man is a working of the soul in the way of excellence in a complete life; ... for as it is not one swallow or one fine day that makes a spring, so it is not one day or a short time that makes a man blessed and happy." The Story of Philosophy (Will Durant) p74,p76 - - - - we are what we repeatedly do の部分なのですが 直訳すると 「私たちは 私たちが繰り返しすること である。」 what we repeatedly do 私たちが繰り返しすること 例えば、食事や睡眠や歩いたり、 仕事や勉強など・・・ 私たちが「こと」である。 私たちが「仕事」である。 ということでしょうか? 人が物事? うまく解釈でません。 お願いします。

• We rarely do see ...

We rarely do see this kind of …." ? と言いますか?宜しくお願いします。合っているとは思うのせすが…。

• 和訳と答え方を例示いただきたいです。

What kind of life do you love to share with the man of your dreams? How do you catch your fun, and how do you intend having a good time with your desired partner? お願いします。

• we all doがよくわかりません。

Saying that you were feeling sad because we had some very good and special times last year. You said you are bitter, and those are difficult words for me to hear. I realise that you have feelings, we all do. But I never made any commitments to you 君は私達が去年過ごした特別な楽しい思い出を、辛いと言ったけど、そういう言葉って聞いても僕には理解出来ないよ。君の気持ちはよく解かっている。we all do. 僕は君に何の約束しなかった。 このwe all doなのですが、皆そうだよ、他の女友達も同じだよ、と言っているのでしょうか? それとも我々なのでしょうか、、理解出来ません。 教えてください。

• what to do with ourselves

NHK実践ビジネス英語2019年8月Lesson 9 (1)のMcMillanさんの台詞で、 We were at a loss as to what to do with ourselves. テキスト訳「自分たちはどう過ごせばいいのかと、途方にくれました。」 とあります。 at a loss 途方に暮れる as to ~に関しては、~については、~に応じて do with ~を処置する、~をどうにかする McMillan: I hear you, Shota, I hear you. We're all smartphone junkies these days, aren't we? But going cold turkey is possible, believe it or not. Digital detox actually works. At first, we felt cut off from the world around us. We were at a loss as to what to do with ourselves. That sounds strange when I look back at it now in the cold light of reason, but that's how Arabella and I felt at the time. But the digital spell finally broke, and we realized that there was a whole world outside our smartphone screens. @2019年8月L9(1) よくぞここまでてんこ盛りしたねというフレーズ満載の台詞です。 その中にある “do with”は、この講座でもよく出てくるフレーズの一つですが、 “what to do with ourselves”をネット検索すると、次の説明がでてきました。 https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-does-daisys-question-whatll-we-do-with-419196 In The Great Gatsby, what does Daisy's question, "What'll we do with ourselves this afternoon and the day after that, and the next thirty years," suggest about "old money" and the American dream? なんと「華麗なるギャッツビー」のDaisyの台詞ではありませんか。 彼女の台詞は、What'll we do with ourselves?となっていますが、 この文を平叙文のスタイルにすると、 We will do what with ourselves. として、新しい他動詞doの用法だというのは無理があるでしょうから、 We will do with what ourselves. で、whatを句動詞do withの目的語とすると、ourselvesは、以前、教えていただいた “a robot yourself”の文末にある再帰代名詞の強調用法ということでおさまりがいいかと考えました。 ということで、このDaisyの台詞を日本語にすると (1) 「ねぇねぇ、これから私たちどうするの」 となるのだと考えましたが、もう少し突っ込んで、 (2) 「これから私たちだけでどうするの」 という意味かなとも考えました。これだとby ourselvesになるのかな。 Daisy本人に聞く方が手っ取り早いのですが、彼女を演じたミア・ファローMia Farrowも昔のことで憶えていないでしょうしね。そうかもう一人キャリー・ハンナ・マリガンCarey Hannah Mulliganがいましたね。でも、彼女とは面識がないので… ということで、質問です。 [質問] Daisyの台詞の真意は、次のどれになるのでしょうか? (1) 軽いノリでDaisyが言っている (2) もう少し意味深な思いを込めている (3) Daisyの言うことを、あれこれ考えるな よろしくお願いします。 To whom it may concern: ついでながら、 “what’ll…”でネット検索したら、次のような用例がヒットしました。 What’ll you have? 「何食べる?」 What’ll it be? 「ご注文は?」 口語では、普通なんですね。引用httpは省略させていだたきます。 以下、参考まで: I hear you おっしゃることはわかります go cold turkey きっぱりやめる believe it or not 〈話〉信じられないような話ですが、まさかと思うでしょうが、驚くべきことに、何と、信じようと信じまいと digital detox デジタルデトックス cut off from 《be ~》~から疎外される look back at 〔昔のことなどを〕振り返る、思い出す in the cold light of reason 冷静に思い返すと break a spell のろいを解く digital detox(解毒◆【語源】detoxificationの略) Electronic detox refers to a period of time during which a person refrains from using electronic connecting devices such as smartphones and computers. It is regarded as an opportunity to reduce stress, focus more on social interaction and connection with nature in the physical world. Wikipedia do with (英辞郎on the WEB) 1.~で済ませる[間に合わせる]、~でどうにか我慢する 2.~を処置する、~をどうにかする ・I don't know what to do with myself. : 私はどうしてよいか[自分が何をすべきか]分かりません。/私は自分を持て余しています。 ・She gave me an old hat that she doesn't wear anymore, and I don't know what to do with it. : 彼女がもうかぶらなくなった古い帽子をくれましたが、どう扱っていいか分かりません。 3.〔便宜・利益を〕得る

• 和訳お願いします。ネイティヴではない人の英語です。

We need better than that,enjoying a full life of happiness with our compagnon, not necessary every day,but with activities and plans and projects,and normal "daily" share. What do you think baby?

• Do you know that photo of

Do you know that photo of you in the white t-shirt, with the girl with long hair and braces? 和訳お願いします!!

• 質問文を和訳していただきたいです。

1. How do you perceive United States culture? How would you define our culture and why? 2. What do you think of behaviors, traditions and beliefs in the US? (Industry, religion, values, etc.) 3. What are some of the good things about US culture? (What do we do that is good?) 4. What are some of the bad things about US culture? (What are some of the harmful things we do? お願いします!

• すみません、ちょっと言いたいことがわかりません、和訳お願いします。

すみません、ちょっと言いたいことがわかりません、和訳お願いします。 YOUR KIND CO-OPERATION, HAVING GONE THROUGH YOUR GOOD PROFILE I BEG YOUR RESPECTED INDULGENCE TO PROPOSE THIS FRUITFUL BUSINESS CO-OPERATION OF MUTUAL BENEFIT BETWEEN US AND YOU/COMPANY.WE WANT TO BUY AND RE-SELL YOUR PRODUCT IN OUR COUNTRY AND GO INTO JOINT VENTURE WITH YOU,CONTACT ME URGENTLY WITH YOUR DETAILS ONLY THROUGH

• このweは誰を指しますか?

仲良くなりはじめたアジア系の女性からメールがきました。 内容は彼女の過去に出会った男性のことが書かれています。 僕は彼女と「友達として」仲良くなりたいと伝えました。彼女もOKしたのですが、彼女が過去の男性の嫌な思い出を話したことを思い出しました。 僕はてっきり「彼女がGFになりたかったのに彼が友達といって、でも身の関係をもちたがった」と思ってしまいました。ですので「本当に僕はこの先も君とは女友達でいるつもりだけど、いい?前のように期待をして嫌な思い出になったりしない?」と聞いてしまいました。 彼女は「ちょっと誤解してるみたいだからかえったらメールするね」といって先ほど送られてきました。 I wanted to be friend with him, more than anything, and he said he is the same.But he treated me like his girlfriend and also ask physical relationship with me. I was OK just be a friend but I was totally not happy to be "pretend to be his girlfriend" and "play a role of his GF". I didn't do anything (of course physically) and stop to see him. This is the detail of my experience. Never like... wanted to be his GF. We had a opposite our sense of value. So no way to be. I am happy with friendship with you. Don't worry. この文章のなかの >We had a opposite our sense of value. So no way to be. 価値観が正反対だったのでそんなふうになるなんてありえない!というWeは前の男性とのことでいいと思いますか? 次に僕とのことが書かれているので「あなたとは価値観が違うのでありえないよ」と言われたのかと一瞬思ったのですが、had という過去形になっているので僕ではないだろうと思うのですが、気になってこちらで聞いてみようと思いました。 お願いします。