• ベストアンサー

IMO は何の略でしょうか?

下記の英文で"IMO"とあるのは何の略でしょうか? たぶんビリーとレスター両者のインタープレイについて言及してるんでしょうね。 Her music was so beautiful, especially with Lester Young IMO. It breaks my heart how much she suffered and how young she died. However after seeing this, I have to believe she's been reincarnated.

• zivago
  • お礼率60% (120/197)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mshr1962
  • ベストアンサー率39% (7418/18948)
回答No.1

IMO(International Maritime Organization):国際海事機関ではないでしょうから In My Opinion:私見でしょうね。 http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/in+my+opinion

zivago
質問者

お礼

掴みが洒落ていて気に入りました。 さて、この略語は初めて知りました。 使用例をtwitterで探したらありましたので正解だと判断しました。 ありがとうございました。 Happy 100th Birthday to Jazz singer/songwriter Billie Holiday. #LadyDay IMO the greatest Jazz vocalist in history.

その他の回答 (1)

noname#230414
noname#230414
回答No.2

IMO イタリヤ語 英文my 私

関連するQ&A

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??(3)

First, I can see how one would think that atheists have a mental block. However, I think that if you don't agree with something, you're not going to believe it's the right way of thinking, and therefore may believe the person that does believe it is not capable of seeing the flaws in the religion, or lack thereof. I've had to try very hard to see why people can believe somethings, such as Catholics, or even the people that join cults! How can they believe it?! But then I stop and try to realize that they are just looking for something in their life, and for them, maybe it best suits their personality or needs at the time. こんにちは。これはアメリカ人からのメールで無神論者と信仰者についての話しなんですけれどいまいち何がいいたいのかわかりません。ちなみに彼女は無神論者で私は仏教徒です。 (1)I can see how one would think that atheists have a mental block. のmental blockは思考の停止と訳してよいのでしょうか??無神論者は精神的に成長する段階で壁があるということでしょうか? (2) However, I think that if you don't agree with something, you're not going to believe it's the right way of thinking, and therefore may believe the person that does believe it is not capable of seeing the flaws in the religion, or lack thereof. 貴方が何かに賛成しなければ、貴方はそれが正しい考え方と信じないでしょう。それゆえに貴方は宗教は欠点がないとを信じる人を信じるでしょう。 といった意味でしょうか?とても長い文章ですがどなたかお願いします<(_ _)>

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

I once befriended a neighbor I had met on trips that were organized by my town's Parks and Recreation Department. She and her husband were both elderly, and they had no children. As she aged, our friendship grew, especially after her husband died, and we spent pleasant times together over tea. I'd take her on her errands. 最後の文の訳をよろしくお願いします

• お葬式(ジョーク)

宜しくお願いします。 “I think he means her legs.” っていう落ちなんですが、いったい何のことだかさっぱり わかりません。 何方か、落ち について、解説お願いします。 ■ The Funeral The preacher was delivering a sermon at Emily’s funeral.“Emily has had many ups and downs in her life, but she always soldiered on. She married her first husband at the tender age of 18 and had ten children with him. However, her husband died at a relatively young age. She married again and had seven more children, but again, her husband died. But, Emily found happiness again with her third husband, and had five more children, until he passed away last year. Alas, now Emily has also passed away. Thank you Lord, for sending us this determined and loving woman. Lord, they are finally together.” One mourner leaned over and whispered to her friend, “Do you think he means her first, second or third husband?”The friend replies, “I think he means her legs.”

• 和訳お願いします

From Siberia, the mammoth was sent to the Netherlands and Japan for analysis. Detailed studies of her teeth showed she was just one month old when she died. Ongoing research has also showed us the sequence of events that led to her death. Lyuba fell to her death near a muddy river. The mud helped keep her body frozen until she was found 40,000 years later. Scientists hope that further analysis will help explain how mammoths such as Lyuba lived―and why they finally all died out.

• neglectful

Our son had a longtime childhood friend, Jane, and they started dating in high school. Jane’s mother died when she was young and her father was neglectful due to alcohol abuse. neglectful due to alcohol abuseとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I've not been seeing her for ages. が駄目な理由は何ですか

以下の二つの文章があります。 1) I wonder how she is these days. I haven't seen her (for ages). 2) I wonder how she is these days. I haven't been seeing her (for ages). 私はこの1と2の間のニュアンスの違いがあまり良く分かっていません。 「彼女は最近どうしているか?」と話し手が気にしているように、話し手は彼女の最近の状態を知りません。そして、発話の時点では、なおも彼女と長らく会っていないという状態は継続しています。会っていない状態がまだ続いていることを強調するために2の完了進行形でもいいのでは?と考えました。 このアイディアは的外れでしょうか。 お詳しい方、1と2のニュアンスの違いを教えて頂けないでしょうか。また、このような状況で完了進行形を使うためには、どのような文章なら大丈夫なのでしょうか? もしくは、完了進行形を使えるシチュエーションというのはどのようなものなのでしょうか。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

When things go wrong, I urge you to stop thinking about yourself. If you look around, you will see that everybody has disappointments, often far worse than yours. Watch and study how other women and men cope with disappointments. Many face their problems with courage and determination. Their example can inspire you to find the strength to react.  I would like to share with you the moving story of a young woman who courageously overcome the stress caused by a terrible burn accident. This young woman was a talented and successful ballerina. Dancing gave meaning to her life. Whenever she danced, she communicated the joy in her heart and the inspiration in her soul to the people who watched.  One Christmas day when she was preparing a special dinner for family, her dress caught fire. Within second, she became a human torch. The flames burned so quickly and cruelly into her flesh that she was mad with pain. She would have died if her father had not heard scream. He laced kitchen, threw himself on top of her, and put out the fire with his own body.

• 英語の文法チェックしてください、

The second story “Girl” was more interesting to me. The story is like family motto from her mother to girl. This story imply that girl’s mother really love her children with extravagance. I can find her mother’s love, worry and many more feeling to her daughter. I like this story because this story has more adorable feelings. I believe that “white elephant” is more difficult than “Girl”, because that story is mostly consisted of conversation between them, however, that conversation makes me confused. It is not clear for me. The girl was mad first time, but she easily come back to good mood the end of the story. I wanted to see the process how she came back to good mood. I believe that “Girl” is not a real story. I guess that this story is talking about future’s children. In my opinion, the girls’ mother wants to have a girl baby in her future, so she is talking about how her children want to grow up when she have a girl baby,

• 英語の関係詞についてです。問題の採点お願いします。

関係詞の複合関係代名詞、複合関係副詞の問題です。 各組の文がほぼ同じになるように()内に適語をいれなさいと言う問題です。 1.No matter ( what ) they say, do what you think is right. ( Whatever ) they say, do what you think is right. 2.He takes a walk every morning ( however ) cold it is. He takes a walk every morning no matter ( how ) ( cold ) it is. 3.She is with her dog at any time I see her. She is with her dog ( whenever ) I see her. 間違っているところがあったら教えてください! 和訳も添えていただけると嬉しいです。 ご協力お願いします。

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (21) Augustus was a hard-working emperor. He traveled to many of the provinces under his care, but he was sickly and didn't expect to live very long. After his military campaign in Spain, Augustus returned to Rome and, in 23 BCE, became quite illand began thinking about a successor to follow him as Rome's ruler. His first choice had been his nephew Marcellus, but Marcellus had died young─not long after he had married Julia, the emperor's only daughter. (22) Julia played the key role in her father's search for a successor. After Marcellus died, she had to marry again, to a man of her father's choice. For her next husband, Augustus chose his general Agrippa, his closet friend and advisor. Although Julia was much younger than Agrippa, she dutifully married him, and the couple had five children. Then Agrippa died. (23) Although Augustus adopted his young grandsons as his heirs, he still needed a husband for Julia to protect the boys in the event of his own death. So he forced his stepson Tiberius to divorce his wife, even though Tiberius loved her very deeply. (He used to follow his former wife on the streets, weeping.) The marriage between Julia and Tiberius was a disaster: Julia was unfaithful, and Tiberius went into exile on the Greek island of Rhodes. Augustus was forced to banish his own daughter from Rome for her crime of adultery. (24) Julia must have spilled many tears over her father's marriage choices for her─especially the last one. She hated Tiberius, and he felt the same way about her. Even so, she would never have questioned her father's right to select her husbands. This was a parent's duty, especially if dad happened to rule the Roman Empire.