• ベストアンサー

つぎの対話文で、

A) Have you seen Yoko recently? B) No, but I'm having dinner with her on Sunday.というのが出ていたのですが、 ここは、next Sunday の方がいいように思うのですが。 on Sunday では、未来のことを表しませんよね。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

A) Have you seen Yoko recently? B) No, but I'm having dinner with her on Sunday. ↓ この日が日曜日でなければ、I'm having dinnerというのは、今食べているわけではないので(日曜日でないからそうなります)、これから来る日曜日という意味になります。過去形でないから間違いなくそうなります。 I'm having dinner with her on Sunday.となれば、屁理屈を言えば、次の日曜日とか限らないとなりますが、そういう場合は I'm having dinner with her on Sunday some day.とか、別の言い方をするのが普通です。ですから、通常はon Sundayだけでもこの文脈では、next Sundayの意味になります。 次の日曜日であることを間違いなく伝える表現はあなたの言うnext Sunday(さらにはthis coming Sunday)となります。しかし、そこまで厳密に言わなくても、on Sundayだけでも伝わるーーそれが言語コミュニケーションというものです。 なお、on Sundayでも未来になることしばしばです。 We'll meet on Sunday next week. He'll probably be back on Sunday. また、次のような文脈だと、次の日曜という意味ではなさそうです。(若干曖昧なので次の日曜日の意味にも成り得る) You can come to our house on Sunday. He'll be on TV on Sunday, not on Saturday.(間違い訂正) 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

genki98
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 参考になりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

普通こう言うと思います。動詞が未来と言っていますから、、、

genki98
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 時制問題です。

「Have you seen Yawara recently?」 「No,but () dinner with her on Sunday.」 1.I'm having 2.I've been having 3.I'd have 4.I've had 正解は1です。 4以外はいけそうな気がするのですがどうして1なのか? 回答お願いします。

• 英語

1 I'll return Jane's book to her the next time I () her. アwill see イsaw ウsee エhave seen 2 These flowers () lovely. アsmell イare smell エare being smelt 3 “Mr.Green?… Well, if I remember correctly, he's a bit taller than average, and his hair is white, and he () glasses.” アis putting イis wearing ウputs on エwears 4 “Have you ever seen that movie?” “Yes, when I was in Tokyo, I () it three times.” アhad seen イhave seen ウsaw エwould see 5 “She looks so sad. () I go and talk to her?” “No, You had better leave her alone.” アWill イWould ウOught エShall 6 () it be true that 70% of Americans believe in angels? アCan イMust ウDoes エMay 7 I heard you're planning to build a new house. Do you know how much () ? アcost it will be イit cost ウit will cost エwill it cost 8 “Have you seen Mary recently?” “No, but () dinner with her on Sunday.” アI'm having イI'd been having ウI'd have エI've had 9 I don't think I can meet you at six tomorrow night because we have a lot of extra work this month. Probably, (). アI'll still be working イI'll still work ウI'm still at work エI'm still working 10 “That famous cherry tree () because of pollution.” “Yes, we have to do something to save it.” アhas death イhas died ウis dead エis dying 解説、解説等お願い致します。

• 対話文完成の問題

1)A:May I use your bathroom? B:( ) 1.Good morning! 2.Be my guest! 3.Amazing! 4.No kidding! →2? 2)A:Can I borrow your dictionary? B:( ) 1.Sure, go ahead. 2.Of course, get a move on. 3.Yes, let's start. 4.Certainly, give me up. →1? 3)A:I'm thinking of going to Spain on my next vacation. What's your plan? B:( ) 1.Have a nice time in Spain. 2.I think you should go there. 3.I've never been there. 4.I haven't given it much thought. →4? 4)Ken:Maria, there's something important I want to ask you. Maria:Really? What is it? Ken:Well, it's kind of hard for me to say, but, ummm... Maria:( ) You can ask me anything. Ken. 1.Then, stop it. 2.Don't worry. 3.Let's have some tea. 4.Don't get angry. →2? 5)A:Donna and I are going to a jazz concert tomorrow. ( ) B:That sounds great! 1.Have you ever heard it? 2.Let me go with you. 3.Please tell me your plans. 4.Would you like to join us? →2? 6)Hans:I'd like a cup of tea. Is the water boiling? Gretel:( ) but it won't be long. Hans:I'll get a cup out of the cupboard. 1.Yes, it just started, 2.It started boiling a minute ago, 3.Not yet, 4.No, but it takes a long time, →2? 問題文 ()に入れる選択肢 自分で考えた答え  の順に書いてあります。 解答の添削、よかったら和訳や解説も加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 来週の日曜予定がありますか?の表現

表題の通り、「来週の日曜予定がありますか?」という意味の質問をするとき、自分で考えたらこのような英文が頭にうかびました。 Do you have any plans on next Sunday? ところがその問題の解答例としてこのようになっていました。 Do you have any plans for next Sunday? つまり「on」ではなく「for」になっており、辞書でplanを調べたところplan forで例文も載っていました。 曜日の前には「on」と覚えていたのですが、「on」では間違いなのかどうかわからない状態です。

• 疑問文に対する答え方

中学1年生に英会話を教えています。 次のような会話文があるのですが、その答え方を教えてください。 A:On christmas Eve,we always have a big dinner at home. B:When do you have a big dinner? A:(1)We have a big dinner on christmas Eve. (2)It's (on) christmas Eve. (1)(2)どちらがいいでしょうか? また、(2)の場合、onはいるのでしょうか? どちらも正しいとしても、教える相手が中学1年生ということを考えると、初めはやっぱりきちっとした(1)の方で教えた方がいいでしょうか? 回答、よろしくお願いします。

• 入試問題で対話文です

適した文を選んで1語追加して並べ替える問題です。 Mary:Hi,Bob.What are you doing? Bob:I was just looking at a program about classical music in Osaka this season. Mary:Really?I love going to concerts. Bob:(1)____? Mary:I sure am.Could you give me some advice? Bob:I'd be glad to. Mary:I can't pay much. (2)______. Bob:Not if it's a Japanese orchestra. Mary:Does Osaka have an orchestra? Bob:Yes,the Osaka Symphony Orchestra is playing next weekend. Mary:Great,I'll try to go. Bob:(3)_______.But i have to work next weekend. Mary:Tht's too bad,but thanks to your advice. Bob:You're welcome.(4)_______. Mary:I sure will. A (go,I,I, you,with,could) B (too,planning,there,I'm, go) C (is,know,me,concert,the,let) D (will,concert,sometime,you,a,soon) E (classical,was,am,afre,as,as,I,in,were,that) F (tickets,was,Japan,expensive,I,in,were,that) 私の答え (1)Are you as interested in classical music as I am? (2)Tickets wee expensive I was in Japan????????? (3)I wish I could go with you. (4)Let me know when the concert is. 打ち間違いがあるかもしれませんが、 よろしくお願いします。

• have-having

How about having dinner with me? これは、have dinner じゃだめなんでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 海外オークションで出品しました。フランス人から次のような英文が送られてきました。

海外オークションで出品しました。落札された後、フランス人から次のような英文が送られてきました。 英語に詳しい方、日本語に翻訳お願いします。 i have pb with my paypal account, my daughter karine (ID : KEEPCOOL****) used to buy a lot from you, do you think it's possible you send her directly a paypal invoice on her paypal address ? i'm so sorry for all this trouble, but i have no control on it - thanks a lot and let me know

• 入試問題で次の問題がわかりません。

We hope having dinner ( ) you didn't turn up last night. [ for, with, off, at, to ] (    )に入る語を[ ]より選ぶのですが、意味も併せてよくわかりません。どなたかご教授下さい。お願いします。

• 違いを教えて下さい。

1) A: I'm having a party next Saturday. Can you come? B: On Saturday? I'm not sure. Some friends of mine are coming to stay with me next week, but I think ☆they will have left by Saturday. のthe dialogで ☆they will leave by Saturday.でいいような気がするのですが、あえてhave leftにしなきゃならないのは 何故なんでしょうか? 2) A: Will you still be here by the time I get back? B: No, ☆ I will have gone / I will have left ☆ by then. も ☆~☆の部分 I will be gone / will leave でもいいような気がします。あえてhave+P.Pにする訳が知りたいです。  宜しくお願い致します。