盲目のピアノチューナーとその妻の話

このQ&Aのポイント
  • バーナグルム家の大きく面白みのない玄関を思い出した
  • クジャク模様のテーブルガラスを通り過ぎた
  • 一階と踊り場は暗く、肖像が壁に引っ掛けてあった
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳 英語

翻訳したので添削お願いします。後半わかりませんでした。 盲目のピアノチューナーとその妻との話です。 She conjured up the big, cold hall of Barnagorm House. ‘What we walk around on the way to the stairs is a table with a peacock on it. An enormous silvery bird with bits of coloured glass set in the splay of its wings to represent the splendour of the feathers. Greens and blues,’ she said when he asked the colour, and yes, she was certain it was only glass, not jewels, because once, when he was doing his best with the badly flawed grand in the drawing room, she had been told that. The stairs were on a curve, he knew from going up and down them so often to the Chappell in the nursery. The first landing was dark as tunnel, violet said, with two sofas, one at each end, and rows of unsmiling portraits harf lost in the shadows of the walls. ‘We’re passing Doocey's now,’ Violet would say. 'Father Feely’s getting petrol at the pumps.’ Esso it was at Doocey’s and he knew how the word was written because he'd asked and had been told. Two different colours were employed; the shape of the design had been compared with shapes he could feel. 彼女はバーナグルム家の大きく面白みのない玄関を思い出した。 私たちが階段を上っていくとクジャク模様のテーブルガラスがあった。大きく銀色の鳥の羽の豪華さは広がる翼で表現されていた。色を聞かれたとき、「緑と青」と答え、そらはたしかにガラスだけだった。宝石ではなく。 かつて、彼が客間の欠陥のあるピアノを弾いているとし、それについて話した。 その階段は曲がっていて、教会の託児所にその階段はつながっていることを知っていた。 一階と踊り場は暗く、まるでトンネルみたいだった。 ソファーが端と端に一つずつあり、笑みを浮かべていない肖像が壁に引っ掛けてあった。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1. 彼女はバーナグルム家の大きく面白みのない玄関を思い出した。cold のやクガヌkdています。  天井が高いと「面白みがない」より、つめたい、感じになります。 2。私たちが階段を上っていくとクジャク模様のテーブルガラスがあった。  階段に行く途中に、だと思います。 3。大きく銀色の鳥の羽の豪華さは広がる翼で表現されていた。 4。色を聞かれたとき、「緑と青」と答え、そらはたしかにガラスだけだった。宝石ではなく。 かつて、彼が客間の欠陥のあるピアノを弾いているとし、それについて話した。 その階段は曲がっていて、教会の託児所にその階段はつながっていることを知っていた。 一階と踊り場は暗く、まるでトンネルみたいだった。 ソファーが端と端に一つずつあり、笑みを浮かべていない肖像が壁に引っ掛けてあった。  (愚訳をご覧下さい) 愚訳 1。彼女はバーネボームハウスの大きいが冷たい広間の様子を(盲目の調律師の脳裏に)思い浮かばせた。 2。階段に行く途中のテーブルには、孔雀が置いてあった。(多分置物でしょう)羽毛の美しさを表すために、広げた翼のあちこちには色つきガラスを配した巨大な銀色の鳥だった。 3。「緑と青」と、彼が色を尋ねた時、彼女は答え、彼がかつて居間の大分痛んだグランド(ピアノの調律に)懸命な時、聞いたので、それは宝石ではなく、ただのガラスと言うことには間違いない、と彼女は言った。 4。階段が曲がり角にあることは、育児室にある礼拝所に何度も上り下りして行ったので彼は知っていた。 5。最初の踊り場は、両端にソファがあり、壁の影に半分かくれた、厳しい顔つきの肖像が並び、トンネルのように暗かった、とバイオレットは言った。 6。「今、ドーシーの前を通るところよ、フィーリー神父が、ガソリンをポンプで出している」とバイオレットが言う。 7。ドーシーは、エッソ(石油会社のガソリンスタンド)だった。彼は一度聞いて教えてもらったのでどう書くか知っていた。 8。二つの違った色が使われていた、デザインの形は彼が触れて理解できるものに比較された。 エッソは ESSO と綴り、普通の単語ではなく社名ですから、聞かなければ綴りが分からなかったと言うことです。  エッソの印は下記のようにブルーの楕円形の中に赤で ESSO と書いてあり、盲目の人には高い所にある看板を触ることが出来ないので、手で実際に触れられるものと比較する。  例えば「卵型のブルーの輪の中に赤い字でエッソって書いてあるのよ」と言った説明が必要だった、と言うことだと思います。  http://fuels.esso.com/

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

#1です。ちょっと急いでいて説明の足りなかった部分の付け足しです。  この部分の最初から2番目に conjure という動詞(下記)があります。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=conjure  実はこれが全部の鍵です。盲目の調律師の夫には見えない物を、目の見える妻が、次々と「(魔術のように)見せる」と言う話で、例が続きます。 1。バーナゴーム家の入り口の様子。 2。テーブルの上にあるもの(walk around それを避けて歩く、必要があれば、大きな彫刻か剥製でしょう)その色が緑と青であること。盲目の夫には「石」があることは分かるが、ガラスか宝石かまでは分からない。 3。踊り場、夫に足場は分かるが、いかめしい顔の肖像画が並んでいることは妻の目による。 4。外出の際、今どこにいるか(エッソ代理店のドーシーの前)何が見えるか(フィーリー神父が車に燃料を入れている)、社標はどうか(ブルーの長円の中に赤い文字の2色)を盲目の夫が手に触れられる物に例えて話す。  こういった例が conjure という一本の糸で繋がっている、と見ればいいと思います。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.2

なかなかの労作といえるような訳になってると思います。 以下、* は私が考えたこと (個人的な独断を含む)、→ は仮に訳してみたものです (あくまでも仮にです)。 > She conjured up the big, cold hall of Barnagorm House. > 彼女はバーナグルム家の大きく面白みのない玄関を思い出した。  * 細かいことですが、conjure up は remember よりも具体性が高いような気がします。  → 彼女はバーナゴーム・ハウスのがらんとして殺風景な玄関の間 (の情景) を、ありありと思い出した。 > ‘What we walk around on the way to the stairs is a table with a peacock on it. > 私たちが階段を上っていくとクジャク模様のテーブルガラスがあった。  * on the way to the stairs とあるので、「階段に行く途中に」 歩き回った、ということです。また、What we walk around とありますから、周囲を回ったわけです。  → わたしたちは、階段に行く途中で孔雀 (の彫像) が載ったテーブルをぐるりと回った。 > An enormous silvery bird with bits of coloured glass set in the splay of its wings to represent the splendour of the feathers. > 大きく銀色の鳥の羽の豪華さは広がる翼で表現されていた。  * 文頭に It was というのが省略されているのだと思います。  * silvery とあって silver ではないので 「銀色」 とは限りません。孔雀の剥製であるなら銀色というのは変です。すると、石膏か何かで孔雀の形に作られたものではないかと私は想像しました。それなら silvery は of a lustrous grayish-white color (光沢のある灰白色) という意味で用いられたのかもしれません (その定義は下記URLから引用)。  * bits of coloured glass という部分が訳から抜けているように思われます。bit は 「小片」 ですから、散りばめられたイメージではないでしょうか。  → それは巨大な灰白色の彫像で、広げた翼に散りばめられた小さな彩色ガラスが、羽をいかにも華麗に見せていた。 > Greens and blues,’ she said when he asked the colour, and yes, she was certain it was only glass, not jewels, because once, when he was doing his best with the badly flawed grand in the drawing room, she had been told that. > 色を聞かれたとき、「緑と青」と答え、そらはたしかにガラスだけだった。宝石ではなく。 かつて、彼が客間の欠陥のあるピアノを弾いているとし、それについて話した。  * 「彼は欠陥のあるピアノを弾いていた」 のでしょうか? 私は do one's best だから 「最善を尽くす」 すなわち 「修繕をしている」 というふうに読みました。  * she had been told that は 受身 の文ですね。すると彼女は誰かに 「教えられた」 ということにならないでしょうか。  → 彼がその色を尋ねた時に彼女は 「緑と青よ」 と答えたが、そのとおり、彼女にはそれが宝石ではなくてガラスに過ぎないということを知っていたのだ。というのは、彼が居間に置かれた音の狂ったグランド・ピアノを何とかしようと取り組んでいた時に、そのことを聞かされていたからだ。 > The stairs were on a curve, he knew from going up and down them so often to the Chappell in the nursery. > その階段は曲がっていて、教会の託児所にその階段はつながっていることを知っていた。  * on a curve は 「曲がり角に」 という意味ではないでしょうか。  → その階段は角口にあったが、彼は託児所の礼拝室に行くために何度も上り下りしたのでそのことを知っていた。 > The first landing was dark as tunnel, Violet said, with two sofas, one at each end, and rows of unsmiling portraits half lost in the shadows of the walls. > 一階と踊り場は暗く、まるでトンネルみたいだった。ソファーが端と端に一つずつあり、笑みを浮かべていない肖像が壁に引っ掛けてあった。  → 初めの踊り場はトンネルのように暗かったわ、とヴァイオレットが言った。両端に1つづつ、つまり2つのソファが置かれてて、ニコリともしていない肖像画が半分影に隠れるような具合に壁に並べてかけられてた。 >‘We’re passing Doocey's now,’ Violet would say.  → 「今ドゥーシー給油スタンドの前よ」 とヴァイオレットが教えてくれたものだ。 > 'Father Feely’s getting petrol at the pumps.’  → 「フィーリー神父が給油所でガソリンを入れてるわ」 などと。 > Esso it was at Doocey’s and he knew how the word was written because he'd asked and had been told.  → ドゥーシー給油スタンドにあったのは Esso 石油で、その看板の文字がどんな具体に描かれているのかは、教えてもらって知っていた。 > Two different colours were employed; the shape of the design had been compared with shapes he could feel.  → それは異なる2つの色で描かれていた。そのデザインについては、彼に分かるようなものの形で説明してもらった。

参考URL:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/silvery

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳お願いします

Margie made a face. “School? What's there to write about school? I hate school.” Margie always hated school , but now she hated it more than ever. The mechanical teacher had been giving her test after test in geography. She had been doing worse and worse. In the end , her mother had shaken her head sadly and sent for the County Inspector. He was a little man with a red face. He had a whole box of tools with dials and wires. He smiled at her and gave her an apple. Then he took the teacher apart. Margie had hoped he wouldn't know how to put it together again. But he knew how , all right. After an hour or so , there it was again - large and black. It had a big screen , on which all the lessons were shown and the questions were asked. That wasn't so bad. The part which she hated most was the slot where she had to put the homework and test papers. She always had to write them our in a punch code they made her learn when she was six years old. The mechanical teacher calculated the mark in no time. The inspector had smiled after he had finished , and patted her head. He said to her mother , "It's no the little girl's fault , Mrs. Jones. I think the geography part was geared a little too quickly. I've slowed it up to an average 10-year level. In fact , the overall pattern of her progress is quite satisfactory." Again he patted Margie's head. Margie was disappointed. She had been hoping they would take the teacher away. They had once taken Tommy's teacher away for about a month , because the history part had not worked.

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

Dallas contacted Chetwode at 10:50, blaming the delay on the difficulty of bringing the artillery forward, but confirmed he would be ready to launch the attack at 12:00. Due to communication breakdown, Dallas was unaware of the position of the artillery. He had phoned Desert Corps at "10.4" [sic] to be told that the 161st (Essex) Brigade and the 271st RFA were at Sheikh Nebhan. However, they had moved to an exposed position at El Burjabye before finding a covered position in the valley between the Burjabye and Es Sire Ridges. The artillery was in fact already in position and had begun firing at 10:10, although communications had not been established with headquarters. Fog has also been blamed for the delayed infantry attack.The artillery bombardment began at 12:00, although there was no artillery program, and the Ottoman defences had not been identified. Dallas received his orders at 11:00, and half an hour later Dobell and Chetwode ordered him to launch his attack forthwith.

• 英語を日本語に翻訳してください。(翻訳ソフトNG)

They also used a mouse to move and point to positions on the screen, making applications lids to use. However, these two computers were incompatible with IBM standard and even with the Apple II. Lisa Computer was soon dropped mostly because it was expensive, ($10,000). The Macintosh too was loosing momentum because of limited software and low performance. By 1984, the company was in crisis. A few months before Lisa and Macintosh introduction, Apple hired John Sculley as its president and CEO. He was then 44 and previously president of Pepsi’s beverage operations, where he was in charge of marketing and advertising. At Apple, Scu11ey’s job was to provide the operational expertise and Steve Jobs the technical direction and vision. But Jobs had to resign from Apple in 1985 a dispute with Sculley and App1e’s board of directors. Apple introduced a new Mac between 1986 and 1990 that matched the newest IBM personal computers in speed and sales exploded (see Exhibit 1). The important thing with this new Mac was char, it offered superior software and a variety of peripherals (e.g., laser printers) and that gave apple a great advantage in the market - the easiest computer to use in the industry with unmatched capabilities at desktop publishing. The strategy adopted by Apple as the only manufacturer of its hardware made and software made the company very Profitable in the By 1990, Apple had more than $1 billion in cash and more I than $5.5 billion in sales. Return on Equity was at 32 percent and was one of the best in the industry. Market share was at 10 percent.

• 英語の翻訳

下記の文章を訳したいのですがわかりません。 翻訳のできる方、力を貸していただけたら幸いです。 He had been sick the whole winter and spring, and nobody was surprised to hear of his death. よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳してほしいです・・・

しっかりとした日本語の翻訳してほしいです。 (1)The problems facing Cambodia. Underage girl prostitution is a serious social problem in Cambodia. Especially in brothels in villages near the capital Phnom Penh,it is not uncommon for young girls to take customers in the company of adult prostitutes. This was about 10 years ago. When I was in Cambodia as a university student, I had the opportunity to visit a facility that sheltered women and children who had been victims of prostitution and provided them with vocational training. One of the girls who particularly impressed me was Lilia, a 12-year-old girl with long, silky black hair. Lilia was 10 years old when she was sold from a poor village in the north and forced to sell her body in a brothel in a back alley in Phnom Penh. When she did not want to take clients, she was beaten and kicked and forced to do what she was told. When I visited the facility, she had already been taken care of and was being cared for, and her mental and physical wounds were healing, but at the time she was taken care of, she had bruises and burns all over her body and was in great pain. (2)I spent time with Lilia playing tag and ball. She was quieter than most children, but her occasional smile was pure childlike. Lilia was very attached to me, and when we were tired of playing, we took a shower together. Lilia was naked and I could see the scars on her small, thin body. There were burn marks on her back and large teeth marks on the bulge of her small breasts. Such an innocent girl had been in a brothel until a few months ago. I felt as if I had been confronted with this reality, and I felt indescribable. When I left the establishment after staying there for a few days, Lilia handed me a beautiful red flower and a small letter. The letter said, in her own words, 『I was happy to be with you』 As I was driving home from the facility, my heart ached as I imagined the unimaginable that had happened to such a young and sweet girl. More than a year later, I visited Cambodia again. Although I was not able to visit the facility, I had dinner with the staff. 「How is Lilia?」I asked him, and he told me the shocking truth「Actually, she ran away from the facility」 (3)I wondered where the little girl had gone after running away from the facility. As we often hear in other facilities, Cambodian girls often escape from shelters and return to brothels because their families cannot survive without them working. Did Lilia also go back to the brothel? Or are they trying to return to their own homes? It was very painful to think about how that little Lilia was doing.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping in a toy store and decided to look at Barbie dolls for my nieces. A nicely dressed little girl was excitedly looking through the Barbie dolls as well, with a roll of money clamped tightly in her little hand. When she came upon a Barbie she liked, she would turn and ask her father if she had enough money to buy it. He usually said "yes," but she would keep looking and keep going through their ritual of "do I have enough?"  As she was looking, a little boy wandered in across the aisle and started sorting through the Pokemon toys. He was dressed neatly, but in clothes that were obviously rather worn, and wearing a jacket that was probably a couple of sizes too small. He too had money in his hand, but it looked to be no more than five dollars or so at the most. He was with his father as well, and kept picking up the Pokemon video toys. Each time he picked one up and looked at his father, his father shook his head,"no".

• 長文ですがどなたか翻訳をお願いします。

父親の特徴が書いてあります。 日本語訳をしていただければ助かります! 宜しくお願いします。 His father was a healthy lusty person, with a lot of physical vitality. Big in stature and with a lot of muscular strength and energy. A man with a long face and hollow eyes, brown hair. There was a stiffness in his demeanor and body and a formality in his manner.. Well liked by women and apt to go wrong in life. A man of meager fortunes who was greedy and lazy with a moral decay when it came to money. A conceited hypocrite, with an authoritative manner. who tried to set his children a good example by the way he lived his life, and enforced his good manners and standards on them, which would have been ok, had he lived up to these in his own life. But he always open to receiving benefits from others, but giving non of his own. Wanting distinction in life. In his past there may have been a murder close to him. Or some kind of blood bath through which he passed. He had an untidy but comfortable room with open books. Liked mental pursuits and learning. May have dabbled in writing, been interested in astronomy, or astrology and history literature and antiquities. His children may have only seen the best side of him, or the hardest. He made them behave, but he could be generous and encouraging to them too. He had a good memory, and was superstitious. Neither the worst nor the best of fathers

• 翻訳 英語

翻訳お願いいたします。 途中までは訳してみたんですが、後半がわからないです。 至急お願いいたします。 As they left the church the music was by Bach, the organ played by someone e lse today, for usually it was his task. Groups formed in the small graveyard that was scattered around the small grey building, where the piano tuner's father and mother were buried, with ancestors on his father's side from previous generations, There would be tea and few drinks for any of the wedding guests who cared to make the journey to the house, two miles away, but some said goodbye now, wishing the pair happiness. The piano tuner shook hands that were familiar to him, seeing in his mental eye faces that his first wife had described for him. It was the depth of summer, as in 1951, the sun warm on his forehead and his cheeks, and on his body through the heavy wedding clothes. All his life he had known this graveyard, had first felt the letters on the stones as a child, spelling out to his mother the names of his father's familiy. He and Violet had not had children themselves, though they'd have liked them. He was her child,it had been said, a statement that was an irritation for Belle whenever she heard it. She would have given him children, of that she felt certain. 彼らが教会を去った後、バッハの音楽が流れていた。そのオルガンを弾いていたのはピアノ調律師ではなく、他の誰かだった。 その仕事は彼のなのに。 グループは小さな墓地で形成されていた。 それは周りに小さい灰色の墓があり、ピアノ調律師の父、母も埋葬されており、父の前の世代の先祖も埋葬されている。 そこには紅茶やいくつかのお酒があるだろう。

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

The forts were not linked and could only communicate by telephone and telegraph, the wires for which were not buried. Smaller fortifications and trench lines in the gaps between the forts, to link and protect them had been planned by Brialmont but had not been built by 1914. The fortress troops were not at full strength in 1914 and many men were drawn from local guard units, who had received minimal training, due to the reorganisation of the Belgian army, which had begun in 1911 and which was not due to be complete until 1926. The forts also had c. 30,000 soldiers of the 3rd Division to defend the gaps between forts, c. 6,000 fortress troops and members of the paramilitary Garde Civique, equipped with rifles and machine-guns. The garrison of c. 40,000 men and 400 guns, was insufficient to man the forts and field fortifications. In early August 1914, the garrison commander was unsure of the forces which he would have at his disposal, since until 6 August, it was possible that all of the Belgian army would advance towards the Meuse.

• 英文の翻訳

和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 1つの段落の前半部分となります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 His father was a man who was Tall, and moderately fat with large eyes and black hair and a long banana or crescent moon shaped face. A proud looking man. He had trouble with one of his knees and his leg was a bit weak or crooked. He had a hospitable and generous nature. He tried to mould the minds of his children into the right direction in life. Married late in life to a woman of superior position and his past was not so good. He could be melancholic and liked to study or read in the silence of his own chamber with a lamp, which his children were not welcome to disrupt. He was stricter and sharp with the children when they were small. but, gentler when they were older and behaved better. He could be merry, eat drink and have fun and include the children. He felt happy amongst his family and children. He was intuitive and had a spiritual side.