なぜ現在形を使っているのでしょうか?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 日本の医療制度の最大の利点は、小さな問題に対して簡単にアクセスできることです。
  • アメリカでは、頭の傷はひどく出血しますが、私は近所のクリニックに行ってしまいました。
  • 医師は傷をきれいにし、包帯をし、薬を処方してくれました。支払った金額は良いランチの値段に相当しました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

なぜ現在形を使っているのでしょうか?

The best part of Japan's health care system is easy access for small problems. A couple of months ago, I hit my head at home. Head wounds bleed badly, but I just went to the local clinic. The doctor cleaned the wound, dressed it and gave me some medicine. I paid the equivalent of a good lunch. In America, I can't imagine how much that would cost. 週刊STから切り取りました。 Head wounds bleed badly, but I just went to the local clinic. 動詞bleedはなぜここで現在形なのか不思議です。単にミスだったら、それはそれで納得です。 どなたか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

head wounds と複数形になっているのがポイントです。 複数のけがを私はしたのでしょうか? でも後に that wound とあります。 しかも the とか my で特定されているわけでなく、単純な複数。 これは一般真理として、頭のけがというのはひどく出血するものだ。 と言って、but です。 でも I just went to the local clinic の前にもうワンクッションあります。 頭のけがだと bleed badly が普通。 でも、前に、日本の医療システムで最高なのは、ちょっとしたことですぐ治療を受けられること、 と書いています。 だから、head wound の1つだったにもかかわらず、今回は大したけがじゃなかった、 という気持ちで、「ただ、地元のクリニックに行っただけですんだ」と言っています。 そんな小さなけがでクリニックに行って数千円くらいの医療費だった。 アメリカだったら小さなけがでもクリニックに行ったら相当な値段がかかる、 と言っています。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

windさん、回答ありがとうございました。 英語って深いですね。先輩方はこの何でもないような複数形と単数形にちゃんと目を配るのですね。 頂いた説明はとてもよくわかりました!納得です。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

こんにちは。 「なぜここで現在形なのか」 「Head wounds bleed badly」は一般論です。一般論の場合、現在形で表すことになっています。 ご参考までに。

joy1995
質問者

お礼

恥ずかしいながら知りませんでした。 勉強になりました! 回答、どうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 定冠詞 the の用法

辞書では I went to the hospital = American English I went to hospital = British English となっています。 一方他の解説では *本来の目的(授業、治療、礼拝など)で行く場合には  定冠詞 the は不要  (He went to hospital/school/church など) *単にその場所に行くという場合には  定冠詞 the を付ける  (The workmen went to the school to repair   the pool )  となっています。  正解はどちらなのでしょう。  

• 英会話スクールに行ってたけど途中でやめた。を英語で

「英会話スクールに行ってたけど途中でやめた。」って何て言えばよいでしょうか? I went to an English language school, but I quit it in the middle of the course. ではだめでしょうか? こういう言い方もできるというのを何通りか教えてください。お願いします。

• 選択問題お願いします!

You know I used to spend all Monday morning (wash / to wash / washed / washing / being washed) but it is so much quicker now. So I always have them (dry clean / dry cleaning / dry cleaned / to dry clean / to be dry cleaned) now. また、適切なものが入った時の訳はどうなるのでしょうか(>_<) お願いします!

• 訳を教えてください。

For example, I went to Takashimaya.The place doesn't have to be that exact, for instance, I went to a department store.We don't know exactly which one, but we do know there was a specific place. 全文、訳をお願いします。

• 英訳してみました

英訳してみました。どうでしょうか? ○その傷は治すのにかなりの時間がかかるだろう。 The wound will take a long time to heal. ○この傷は治るのに思った以上に時間がかかった。 It took me longer to heal this wound than I had expected.

• 日記を書きました。間違っている&こっちの方がいいと思う文を教えて下さい。

I went to Sannomiya in Kobe. My friend told me general shop. I went to there. The shop is Ein shop. I went out the central exit in station.and then walk to Towarood street to sea. I turned right ciao paanic shop next the paking lot. I could look at the shop soon. The shop is very small but it like Toy box. I bought World map. I might decorate it in my room. I went to Kobe after a long time. I thought that it was fashionable town,after all.

• I'm not sure how the boy got to my

I'm not sure how the boy got to my clinic but when I walked into the waiting room he was lovingly petting his cat lying in his lap. この英文の~clinic but when I~のように接続詞とは連続して使用しても良いものなのでしょうか?接続詞のルールについてあまりよくわからないので教えて下さい。

• 独立分詞構文の必要性

独立分詞構文 The rain beginning to fall, I went home. 普通の文 The rain is beginning to fall, I went home. これらはどのような違いがあるのでしょうか?また使い分けではどのようにすればいいのでしょうか?

• 副詞の位置 EVER DAY

(1) I WENT TO SCHOOL EVERY DAY IN SEPTEMBER. (2) I WENT TO SCHOOL IN SEPTEMBER EVERY DAY. (3) I WENT TO SCHOOL EVERY DAY OF SEPTEMBER. 上記の文は、正しいでしょうか?

• 現在完了形

Q. Stuck in a state of confusion: My husband is constantly making obscene comments to me and our children. He tells other people that our boys are not his, that they are from my first marriage, and that he only had them so that they would do all of the things he doesn’t want to do. I cannot begin to tell you how badly this hurts both me and my children, because they are his biological children and he knows that. He is constantly yelling at them, cursing at them, and threatening them, and if I intervene, he starts yelling at me too! I’ve suggested marriage counseling, and he laughed and told me to go by myself. So I have been, for six months. My therapist thinks that I should divorce him, but I am not in a financial position to leave. I have no family that I can stay with, and we just moved to a new state, and I don’t know anyone around here that would be able to accommodate three extra people. Once I graduate from school I will be able to support all of us, but I don’t know if I should wait to graduate or drop out of college with a year left to find a full-time job. Help! A: That you should leave your husband is without question. If he is going so far as to threaten your children, you absolutely should divorce him and sue for sole custody. The less your sons remember of him, the better off they will be; however, I want you to be prepared and in the strongest emotional and financial situation possible when you go. Find your local chapter of the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence—it can help you with a job search and finding an affordable place to live. Consult the National Domestic Violence Pro Bono Directory to find low-cost or free legal advice. If you live in a community property state, you are entitled to half of the assets acquired during your marriage. The Allstate Foundation offers a free “financial empowerment” service to people leaving abusive relationships; you may also find this helpful. If you have not started one already, open a bank account in your own name and put away whatever you can for your getting-the-hell-out-of-Dodge fund. If you have friends back in your home state you can trust, consider asking for financial support as you prepare to leave your marriage. Do not drop out of college until you have found work, but make leaving your marriage your highest priority. until you have found workはなぜ現在完了形なのでしょうか?until you find workではいけないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします