• ベストアンサー

【英語】make senseの使い方

複数の質問に答えてくれた事に対し「全て理解しました。問題ありません」といった意図を伝えたいのですが(ビジネスメール) Thanks for answering our questions, it makes sense.Every thing is clear. でよろしいでしょうか?質問は複数あったのですが it makes sense でいいですか? These make senseとは言わないですよね? 初歩的で恐縮ですが教えていただきたくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • larme001
  • ベストアンサー率44% (271/608)
回答No.3

あなたの文章を直接受け取るとこんな感じのニュアンスでしょう。 「 我々の質問に答えてくれてありがとう。それならな筋が通ります。すべてはっきりしました。」  というニュアンスです。 伝わらなくはないですが、少しぶっきらぼうな感じがします。 端的でいいならば、  Thank you for your explanation. We could understand very well and make everything clear. とか、ですかね?  「問題ありません。」という意味がそこからでは何を表しているのか曖昧ですが、相手の答えに対してそれでいい(=That will be fine.)という了承の意味なのか、すべてはっきりした、(We could make all questions clear.)という意味なのかによっても少し違うかもしれません。 言い方はいろいろありますので、あとは相手と自分の立場や質問の状況によって使い分けます。  

参考URL:
http://english-columns.weblio.jp/?p=974
takako37
質問者

お礼

すてきな文章を教えてくださってありがとうございます!ニュアンスも含め理解が深まりました。感謝です。

その他の回答 (2)

• trytobe
  • ベストアンサー率36% (3457/9591)
回答No.2

make sense は、どちらかというと、「それなら理屈が通りますね」までで、納得したかどうかは明言はしていないような印象があります。 ともあれ、That makes sense. で All question is resolved. にしたほうが明確な気がしましたもので・・・。

takako37
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!resolvedを使わせていただきました!

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1. Thanks for answering our questions, it makes sense. Everything is clear.でよろしいでしょうか? はい、いいと思います。 2。質問は複数あったのですが it makes sense でいいですか?     はい、いいです。 3。  These make senseとは言わないですよね?      いいえ、言います。They make (perfect) sense 全て完全に理解しました。      とも

takako37
質問者

お礼

そうなのですね!教えていただきありがとうございました!!

関連するQ&A

• If I don't make it to the ..................

NHKラジオ英会話講座より Tina:Thanks for all the encouragement. I appreciate it. If I don't make it to the third and final audition this year, I'm quitting. ・・・、もし今年、第3次最終試験に残れなかったら、私はやめるわ。 (質問)[make it] ついてお尋ねします。 (1) 大変広範囲に使われる[make it]で捕らえきれませんが、今回は「残れなかったら」と訳されています。意訳でしょうが、辞書に載っている「成功する、うまくやる」と解釈してよろしいでしょうか? (2)[make it]の[it]は「漫然と目標を指す」と辞書にあります。[it]が何を指すのか?、[it]を他の名詞に置き換えて使えるのだろうか? とか考えていますが、取り越し苦労ですか?  あれこれ考えを巡らしています。参考ご意見をお聞かせいただければと希望いたします。以上

• 特許に関する翻訳をお願いいたします。

It came to our attention, that your company is bringing the product"当社の製品名"to maker in Japan. We want to make you aware of our two Japanese Patents; 特許番号が掲載 copies of which you please find enclosed to this letter. Since both patents cover said product of yours, we except your responce by September 30, 2011 at the latest answering the question as to why you think that these patents are not relevant for your company. 特許侵害しているとまで断定して言ってきているのでしょうか?

• makeの用法?

NHKラジオ英会話講座より A:What are you doing smoking a pipe? B:I don't know. I thought it made me seem more dignified. A:I don't know about dignified. But it sure makes you smell bad. B: Oh, please. Give me a break. (質問)Bの会話の2つのmadeについてお尋ねします。 I thought it made me seem more dignified. (質問1)SVOC(第5文型)と判断しましたが、如何でしょうか? It sure makes you smell bad. (質問2)無生物を主語にしたSVOO(第4文型)使役用法、と判断しましたが? (質問3)2つのmadeはいづれも、「make+目的語(人)+原形不定詞」ですが、見分ける判断材料はO=Cでしょうか? 用法の違いを易しくご説明願えませんか? なかなかすっきりしません。辞書を見るmadeにはたくさんの用法があります。一度に覚え切れません。ご迷惑でしょうが、分るまで質問を繰り返したいと思います。よろしくお願いいたします。以上

• 助詞「のに」について英語で答えてくれる人がいたらうれしいです。アメリカ

助詞「のに」について英語で答えてくれる人がいたらうれしいです。アメリカ人です。旦那は日本人けどちょっとむずかしいみたい。 I dont really see how のに is different fromですが、けど but i guess the thing that makes it stand out is the first sentence for のに typically gives the listener one expectation,only to hear the rest of the being opposite. (1)毎日勉強しているのに(here he must be great at kanji then) (2)毎日漢字を勉強しているのにたくさん覚えられません。(here you hear the rest and are like..oh) It still doesn't make sense to me Why I couldn't use ですが or けど? I guess you could but maybe it'd have a different feeling to the sentence? Your assistance would be highly appreciated. thank you! よろしくおねがいします。

• この問題の訳と解説[ポイント]を答えとともにおしえていただけませんか!どうかおねがいします

Our service and products are ( ) to our competitors’. 1. better 2. more 3. superior 4. exceeding I’d like to borrow your dress…I mean the red ( ). 1. it 2. one 3. some 4. that American manners and customs are sometimes very different from ( ) Japanese. 1. ones 2. that 3. these 4. those In the interview, ( ) of the students is asked to make a brief speech. 1. both 2. each 3. every 4. almost

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think people who have to make big statements with house are people who may not have the creative kind of jobs where they make big creative statements in other areas of their life. 以前にも質問させて頂いたのですが、どうしても理解出来なかったのでもう一度質問致しました。 ある人物の家を紹介している場面です。 以下は続きで、本人が答えています。参考になればと思い書き加えておきました。 よろしくお願いします。 The creativity that goes on here is, I think, spiritual as well. And emotional. Because everybody here does their own thing. Our guests do their own thing, our kids do their own things and I think we all come here in order to pursue what we love best in our spare time and that's what makes it such an unusual home for us.

• Why is the Universe as it is?

Why is the Universe as it is? とはどういう意味ですか? as it isとは辞書では1「ところが実際は」2「そのままに」とあったんですが すると「実際のところ、なぜ宇宙なのか?」という意味になりますか? この文章の前後の部分です。↓ (1) Why does the Universe exist at all? That is, why is there anything rather than nothing? (2)Why is the Universe as it is? Some Dismiss these questions, thinking them idle. Some even think they make no sense. I believe they are both good questions. which could at least have partial answers.

• senseの意味について

(次の各組の文には、同一の単語が用いられているが、それぞれの意味が異なっている。下線を引いた各語の意味に最も近いものを、与えられている語句の中からそれぞれ1つずつ選びなさい。) a) Everyone admits that Jim is a man of sense. b) I wonder if a plant has sense. 1: emotion 2: instinct 3: morality 4: power of feeling  5: practical wisdom (解答)a)のsense=practical wisdom b)のsense=power of feeling (質問)なぜa)でmoralityでは駄目なのか、b)でemotionが駄目なのか理解できません。それぞれの違いと用法・用例を高校生でも分かるレベルで説明していただければ幸いです。 (ネイティブに聞いたらこんな答えが返ってきました) (Native 1) Another case of a poorly framed question - and equally bewildering answers. You might want to find a better textbook. This test question has no sense of common speech. A) Everyone admits that Jim is a man of practical wisdom. equally good: Everyone admits (knows) that Jim is a man of emotions. Everyone admits (knows) that Jim is a man of instinct. Everyone admits (knows) that Jim has practical wisdom. Everyone admits (knows) that Jim is a man of practical reason. B) I wonder if a plant has (the) power of feeling. ? better: I wonder if a plant feels emotions. I wonder if a plant has feelings. (Native 2) Sense doesn't imply morality. Morality is just about what is right and what is wrong. Wisdom is about knowldege and the ability to apply it with insight and understanding. Emotion is a strong feeling. The question of a feeling being strong arises if there is one.

• (英語)映画でわからないところがあります。

映画(An education)を見ていてわからないところがあり、質問させていただきます。 The trouble is that's where St John's Smith Square is. この文で、that's ~の部分がしっくりきません。 The trouble is where~ではなくthat is where となるのはなぜでしょうか? 似たような文をtedで見つけました。 I have one last thought, which is that it really makes a difference what we say-- the wards that come out of our mouth. このwhichはone last thought なのはわかるのですが、このitはなんでしょか? 私なら、 I have one last thought, which is that makes a difference what we say~ にしてしまいます。 これもちょっとしっくりきませんが。。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語 名詞・代名詞・冠詞

自分の答えが合っているかと 間違っていた問題は訳や説明をいただけると嬉しいです。 ・救出された犠牲者もいればそうでない犠牲者もいた。 Some victims were rescued, but (another, others)were not.→others ・人は平時でも戦時でも病人や負傷者を世話すべきものである。 People should take care of (a, the)sick and (a, the)wounded in time of peace or war.→the, the ・知っていることと実際に行動することは全く違う。 Knowing and actually doing are quite different things. =Knowing is one thing and actually doing is quite ().→thing ・She makes it a rule to go to see her friend in hospital(). 1 by the day 2 every in the morning 3 every other day 4 twice of a day→2 ・The computer is not () for the ordinary person in the street to understand. 1 too a difficult thing 2 so a difficult thing 3 such a thing difficult 4 too difficult a thing→4 わからなかった問題です。 訳もお願いしたいです。 ・間違った部分を選んで直す 1 Those who wish (1to attend) the meeting (2is) requested to pay $50 (3to) cover expenses (4for) the evening party. 2 They (1were quite surprised) that (2most od students) were (3above average) (4on the final exam). ・並び替え 1 Ann is such(to make/a gentle woman/her guests comfortable/that ahe always/takes great care). 2 The classes in university are(challenging/experienced/I/in/more/than/those)high school.