• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:all the sameを使用する論理構成)

*all the sameが使える論理構成

このQ&Aのポイント
  • all the sameを使用する論理構成は、フランスの新聞がノーベルの死を誤って報道し、彼は困惑します。
  • 彼は自分がダイナマイト王と呼ばれることに嫌悪感を感じ、自分が平和のために働いていたことを人々に覚えてほしいと思っています。
  • しかし、彼は困惑しても、自分が平和のために働いていたことは変わらないので、彼はそれでもやはり戦い続ける決意を持っています。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#195836
noname#195836
回答No.1

「all the same」の意味は Cambridge Dictionaryでは despite what has just been said(ご質問者の解釈にある「逆説の意味」ですね) 例文 It rained every day of our holiday - but we had a good time all the same. 出典 http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dictionary/british/all-the-same 「be all the same to someone」という用法では Oxford Dictionaryでは be unimportant to (someone) what happens(なんであろうと、という意味) 例文 It was all the same to me where it was being sold. 出典 http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/be-all-the-same-to 「all the same (to someone)」というイディオムとしての意味は The Free Dictionaryでは of no consequence to someone - one way or the other 例文 It's all the same to me whether we win or lose. 出典 http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/all+the+same この慣用表現での「one way or the other」の意味が、ご質問の記事の「all the same」のつかいかたで、日本語にすれば「いずれにせよ」ということで、実際に死んだのが兄か自分かが問題なのではなく(=「all the same (to him)」)、自分のことを「a death merchant」と報じられたことこそが、本人にとってはつらかった、という内容になります。逆説でつながるのは「自分が死んだと報道されたこと」と「実際には兄が死んだこと」という報道と事実の関係ですが、どちらが事実かは彼にとってどうでもいいこと(=「one way or the other」)という意味で読まれたらいいとおもいます。

english12345
質問者

お礼

詳しいご回答、ありがとうございました。 大変よく分かりました。 all the sameが使われている理由も納得できました。 ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をよろしくお願いします! The voyage was hard. He had many windless days when his boat did not move at all. Sometimes he fell ill and was filled with worries. He was all alone on the ocean. There was no one to tell him what to do. But he got over the difficulties and, 94 days later, he arrived in San Francisco.

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

There he was on the ground,in no condition to go on, and all of a sudden he was no longer in Poland.instead,he found himself imaging himself standing on a stage on postwar Vienna giving a lecture on The Psychology of Death Camps. Audience of two hundred listened to his every word. The lecture was one that he had been working out the whole time he had been in the death camp. He spoke about how some people seem to survive the experience better than others, psychologically and emotionally. It was a brilliant lecture, all taking place in his mind's eye and ear. He was no longer half dead on the field but living in the lecture. During the lecture, Frankl told the imaginary audience about the day he was in that field being beaten and was certain he didn't have the strength to get up and keep walking.    Then, wonder of wonders, he told his imagined audience, he was able to stand up. The guard stopped beating him and get began to walk slowly. As he was imagining describing this to his audience, his body got up and began to walk. He continued to imagine this lecture all the while he was doing the work and through the cold march back to the death comp. He collapsed into his narrow bed, imagining ending this brilliantly clear speech and receiving a standing ovation.

• all he had left

Ten dollars was all he had left. の構文がわかりません。all の後に関係代名詞の that が入っているのはわかりますが、その後の had left は過去完了ですか、それとも、he had ~ left という形でしょうか? 後のほうだとすると、先行詞の all を入れると、he had all left というのが元の文になると思うのですが、この文は少しおかしいようにおもうのですが。

• 英語 2択or3択問題

(1)You do not need to stay here [unless/if/why]you want to. (2)He [had/did/made]a terrible political mistake. (3)The rumor proved[false/falsely]. (4)He was highly [disturbing/disturbed]by what happened to him yesterday. 上の(1)~(4)の問題をどなたか解いてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• all the more for ?all the better for?

He was liked all the ( ) for his faults.という文ですが( )の中はmore でしょうか、それともbetterでしょうか。

• 英語の和訳

この英文の和訳教えてください(>_<) ↓ ↓ Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He realized his father was very old,and thought perhaps he should go to see him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements,hereceived a telegram telling him his father had passed away,and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things. When he arrived at his father's house,sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible,just as he had left it years ago. With tears,he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. And as he did, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name,the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag were the date of his graduation and the words PAID IN FULL.

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

チャップリンの自伝の文章なのですが、日本語訳をお願いします。 I saw Frank Tinney again on the stage a few years later and was shocked, for the comic Muse had left him. He was so self-conscious that I could not believe it was the same man. It was this change in him that gave me the idea years later for my film Limelight. I wanted to know why he had lost his spirit and his assurance. In Limelight the case was age; Calvero grew old and introspective and acquired a feeling of dignity, and this divorced him from all intimacy with the audience.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Sex Pistols Guitarist Reveals Why ‘No One Gave A Fuck’ About Scott Weiland During Final Days In his new book “Lonely Boy,” Sex Pistols guitarist Steve Jones touched on late Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland, saying how no one cared for him shortly before his death in December 2015.Steve noted “I went to a few 12-step meetings where Scott Weiland was there. But I could tell from the start just by sensing his vibe that he simply didn’t get it and never would. “The day before his death, no one gave a fuck about him, and just wrote him off. The next day, all the radio stations were milking him for all he was worth.”

• 文法・関係詞

The man had a credit card, on which there was a name different from what he had said his was.  という文があるのですが、最後のwhat he had said he was の句の仕組みが分かりません。 どうなっているのでしょうか?

• 上手な日本語訳にしてください。

上手な日本語訳にしてください。 ‘’ I couldn’t believe it, ‘’ Sato says. ‘’ The excitement came later, gradually.’’ But at the same time, Sato knew what awaited him after the initial euphoria had subsided. It began immediately, as the seven other players in his group-mostly business associates-gave him \5000 each as a congratulatory gift. To thank them, Sato was supposed to organize a special dinner for them all. Next, he had to give serious thought to what gifts he would present-and to whom-to commemorate his in one.

パソコンに繋げる方法は?
このQ&Aのポイント
  • 【mfc.j6973adw】を使ったパソコンへの接続方法について教えてください。
  • Windows10を使用している場合、無線LANを使って接続することができます。
  • 関連するソフト・アプリや電話回線の種類について教えてください。
回答を見る