• 締切済み

英語の発音について

DUO3.0の18番の例文について教えてください。 This article contains tips for those who are eager to increase their vocabulary. 上記の例文なのですが、CDで何度聞いても『their』の発音が聞き取れません。 どのように発音しているのでしょうか?

みんなの回答

noname#201242
noname#201242
回答No.2

発音はこんな感じでしょうか。goo辞書で「音声を再生」するとtheirだけ聞けます。 http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/ej3/85586/m0u/their/ 発音記号を見ると、ðər;((強))ðéər ザー/ダー ゼア/デア の中間ぐらいの感じでしょうか。 ðの発音の仕方です。 http://www.pronunciation-english.com/2/12/ 音を聞くだけでなく、右側の解説も読んでみてください。 ərの部分はこのへんでしょうか・・・ http://www.pronunciation-english.com/cat1/e-2/ 他に、「あいまい母音」「曖昧母音」などで解説を探してみてください。 ・・・・・これを英語ネイティヴがつなげて文中で言うとまた少し違う感じになってしまうかもしれませんが、基本は上記のとおりです。

noname#205789
noname#205789
回答No.1

確かに聞こえにくいですね。 あると思って聞けば、ちゃんと発音するだけの時間を感じられます。 まずその時間があることを実感してください。 ゼアよりは、thrくらいでしょうかね。 つまり、thの口をしたかと思えば、rの発音を一瞬入れる感じです。 なので、舌を歯で挟むあの形をした瞬間に一気に舌を奥にひいてRサウンドを入れてみてください。ほんの一瞬。形だけの感じで。 theをいう感じで一瞬thの音を有性音(デかザの微妙な感じ)で言いながら即時にR音。 Rを出すなんて思わず、雑に形を作って声を出すくらいの程度です。 インクリースthア・ボキャブラリー くらいでしょうか。私にはそう感じました。 そのあと聞けば聞こえてきますよ。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の発音を教えてください!

例えば boyはボーイとか。  正しい発音を教えてください! PCで調べても発音が良すぎて分かりません。  1. That is a pencil. 2. Tom is a doctor 3. Jane is a singer. 4. This is Dick. 5. This is a cat. 6. Jack is a student 7. He is a musician. 8. That is Kenji. 9. You are a doctor. 10. I am a student. 11. He is a Chinese 12. You are a teacher. 13. I am a doctor. 14. You are students. 15. These are pens. 16. Tom is a doctor 17. They are nurse. 18. We are doctor. 19. Mike is an American. 20. They am students. 21. These are pencils. 22. Tom is a teacher 23. These are cars. 24. You are a stuaent 25. I am a policeman. 26. Jack is a musician. 27. I am a Japanese 28. You are a doctor. 29. It is a cat. 30. You are a stdent. 31. That is a dog. 32. They are students. 33. We are teachers 34. You are a doctor. 35. These are monkeys. 36. Those are cats. 37. You and I are doctors. 38. You are a policeman. 39. Tom and Jack are students. 40. These are cars. 41. This is Mr.Smith. 42. You are a doctor. 43. Tom is a student. 44. They are dogs. 45. Tom and i are teachers. 46. They are watches. 47. You are students. 48. I am a Japanese. 49. Those are dictionaries. 50. That is Mr.Brown. 51. You are a student. 52. That is a book. 53. I am a doctor 54. These are pens. 55. Tom and i are students.               です。 テスト勉強で使うので、本当によろしくお願いします!

• 文法的に正しいが、不自然な印象を与える英文について

『DUO3.0』という参考書の391ページに It is the case that those who live on a pension are forced to lead a hard life. (年金生活者が厳しい生活を強いられているというのは事実です)  という例文がありますが、注釈に It is the case that those who live on their pensions are forced to lead hard lives.  の形の方が文法的に正しく思えるが、英語としてはやや不自然な印象を与えると書いてあります。  日本人の私には、どう不自然なのか分からないのですが、どなたか教えて下さい。単数形と複数形がゴチャゴチャになるのは、文法に則った受験英語を勉強する者としては気持ち悪いです…。

• those who~の修飾

「この学校には,一生懸命勉強する人がたくさんいる」 このとき[those who]は使えるのでしょうか? There are many those who study hard at this school. しかし,many が直接those whoにくっつくのは見たことがありません. そこでThere are many people who study hard at this school.はどうでしょう? しかし,「~する人々」はthose whoのような気もします. どちらかあっていますか?

• 英文和訳

Calling to mind this city's revolutionary past, he says he would accept the nomination for president "on behalf of a new birth of freedom — on behalf of the middle class who deserve a champion, and those struggling to join it who deserve a fair shot; for the brave men and women in uniform who risk their lives every day and the families who pray for their return; for those who believe our best days are ahead of us." 1.who deserve a fair shot はどう訳すのですか? 2.who の先行詞は those (struggling to join it ) と思いますが、どうでしょう?

• 英訳 仕事が集まる

いつもありがとうございます。 英訳をおしえていただけますでしょうか。 集まる、というのはわかりませんでした。あっているのか不安です。 和文: Aさん:最近、忙しいんだ。 Bさん:仕事って、仕事ができる人のところに集まるよね A lot of work gather in those who are good at what they do, no? A lot of work gather in those who are good at their work, no?

• 英文、日本語訳お願いいたします。

We are rarely able to see those who are very close to us as they really are because of our readiness to accept their faults and accentuate their virtues. という文です。 そのまま訳すと 「我々は人の欠点や美徳を強調しようとするので、あたかも彼らがいるかのように自分たちに近しい存在の人に会う事がめったにない」 ということでしょうか・・・? 僕の訳間違ってますよね?この文何が言いたいのかわからず、困っています。 どういう意味なんでしょう? アドバイスお願いします。

• 18-5日本語訳

お願いします。 Many people benefit from Q&A sites such as OKWave, as they help solve their problems. This is quite understantable. In fact, this is probably the raison d'etre of such Q&A sites; to provide a space where community members can both seek and offer knowledge to help eachother. Putting it another way, people "take advantage" of Q&A sites for their own benefit, be it for their personal enlightenment, professional gains, or for their academic ends. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with that. However, when "taking advantage" escalates to sheer "exploitation", I begin to wonder. Though a minority, there are those who through in a long passage/text of Japanese or English, hoping that someone will translate it for them. In Japanese, this act is known as "Marunage". It is astonishing that there are even people who do this Marunage repeatedly and continuously. I am in no position to criticize such people who routinely do Marunage, and in deed, there is always a generous, saintly person who responds to the requests. The truth is, however, that those throwing in Marunage questions are academic losers and those answering them, are the winners.

• 次の英文訳してくださいお願いします!!

(1) The fact that those who are overweight die earlier than those who are not should be easy to understand. (2) The fact that domestic cats will share a home with a human family is, in itself, proof of their flexibility. (3) It was very pleasant to sit and watch the bathers splashing about in the water. 以下の3文お願いします。

• 【和文英訳添削してください(ハート)】

わたしの英訳で間違いをおしえてください、よろしくおねがいしますm(__)m tk p23 r4 ■問題和文 知的職業に従事するものは、ときには視点を変えてみることが必要です。 それは将来、医師や技師や薬剤師のような職業に従事する若い人についても当てはまります。 ■わたしの英訳 Those who take intellectual jobs sometimes need to change their point of view . It also applies to young people who will have job such as a doctor ,engineer or pharmacist in the future . ■特にわからないこと 第1文:change their point of viewという表現をしていいですか? 第2文:are going toではなくwillと書いたらだめですか? 第2文:複数形のほうがいいですか?→who are going to have jobs(複数) such as doctors ,engineers or pharmacists 模範解答:Those who have intellectual jobs sometimes need to look at things from a different point of view. This is also applies to young people who want to have jobs in fields such as medicine,engineering, or pharmacy .

• 英文解釈

「Those who feel guilty about leaving their parents may do the same,but they are not as likely to end up happy.」 の英文の最後のthey are not as likely to end up happy.についてなんですが、このasはなんですか? happly(副詞)ではなくhappy(形容詞)なのはなぜですか? どなたか詳しくお願いします!

専門家に質問してみよう