• ベストアンサー

このSomethingの使い方あってますか?

例をあげます。 A:Do you like dancing? B:I don't know.I have never danced before. A:Why not? B:It's not something I usually do. うーんなんだかうまく言えませんが・・この場合はあえて日本語で言うと「(ダンスをした事がないのは)それは私が普段やるようなタイプの事じゃない」っていう感じでしょうか。あと A:What do you mean? B:No,never mind.It's not something I have to say right now. ・・この場合もやはり「気にしないで、今すぐ言わなきゃいけないような事じゃないから」って感じのつもりです。 多分以前人がsomethingをこんな風に使っているのを見たか聞いたかしたんだと思いますが、文法でこういうのは習ってないのでちょっと不安です。 あと似た様な質問になりますが、Itを主語?として使う場合ってありますよね。 It is a wonderful dayとかIt is meとか。 以下は私がいつもびびりながらぼそっと使ってみてる言い回しですが・・somethingもこんな風に使ってますがあってますか? A:Why are you so irritated? B:My friends are ignoring me. A:Oh it's not like they are trying to pick on you.It's just that they've been so busy with school. とか・・笑 It's not something you can complain about.とかIt's something you love to do.とか。考え方あってますか???

• orsaya
  • お礼率90% (237/263)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

Gです。 こんにちは! 私なりに書かせてくださいね。 >B:It's not something I usually do. うーんなんだかうまく言えませんが・・この場合はあえて日本語で言うと「(ダンスをした事がないのは)それは私が普段やるようなタイプの事じゃない」っていう感じでしょうか。 直訳すると、それは私が普通やるような事じゃない、となるでしょうが、この文章を言う時は、「それは私が普段やるようなタイプの事じゃない」「私自身やるようなタイプじゃない」と言うフィーリングそのままです. >B:No,never mind.It's not something I have to say right now. ・・この場合もやはり「気にしないで、今すぐ言わなきゃいけないような事じゃないから」って感じのつもりです。 そういうフィーリングです. 全く問題ありません. 他にどんな言い方があるかな、と思ってもこれ以上いい言い方はでてこないくらいです. <g> >Itを主語?として使う場合ってありますよね。 It is a wonderful dayとかIt is meとか。 このit is me.を否定形に使って、It's not something I usually do.の代りに、It's not me.と言う言い方をして、私がやるような事じゃない、というフィーリングを出すことが出来ます. この言い方は、自分に似合うとは思わない服を見て、It's not me.と言う言い方をして、私が着るような服じゃない、というフィーリングを出すことが出来ますね. >A:Oh it's not like they are trying to pick on you.It's just that they've been so busy with school. いい言い方です. >It's not something you can complain about.とかIt's something you love to do.とか。考え方あってますか??? あなたがうるさく言う・言える事じゃないわ、とか、あなたが楽しめる・楽しんでいる事よ・(やってみたら?)きっとやってよかったと思うわよ.と言うフィーリングであれば、非常にいい表現だとおももいます. これでいかがでしょうか。 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。

orsaya
質問者

お礼

Gさんいつもお世話になります!今日「どうして一緒に行かないの?」と苦手な集まりに誘われたんですが、「It's not my thing」と答えたら納得してもらえました。「うまいコト言うね」みたいな感じで私の真似までして感心してましたよ。大変わかりやすいご回答をいつもありがとうございます。Gさんを頼りにしてる人は他にもたくさんいると思います!

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

Gです。 It's not my thing.も使われますね. よく知っていましたね. ではまたの機会でお会いしましょう.

orsaya
質問者

お礼

この質問を締め切るのをすっかり忘れていました・・でもまたご回答頂けたのでうれしいです。It's not my thingも以前どこかで聞いたので、今回のみなさんのご回答を参考にしたうえで使ってみたんです。Gさんにほめられて(?)うれしいかぎりです・・それではまたお願いします!

回答No.1

あってます^^ 口語英語によく接していらっしゃるためか、自然な(文法書っぽくない)英語を書いていらっしゃいます。

orsaya
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。お礼が遅れましてすみません!自然な英語と言ってもらえるのが一番うれしいです~それを目指して勉強しているので。合ってて嬉しかったです。でもフォーマルな英語も話せるようになりたいです・・汗。

関連するQ&A

• このsomething、解説できますか?

ロス: Okay, well, here we are. Now we're in a tough spot again, Rach. What do you want to do? How do you want to handle it? Huh? Do you wanna fight for us? Or, do you wanna bail? (sits down next to her) Look, I, (on the verge of tears) I did a terrible, stupid, stupid thing. Okay? And I'm sorry, I wish I could take it back, but I can't. (We see Monica and Phoebe are almost in tears.) ★ I just can't see us throwing away something we know is so damn good. Rachel, I love you so much. (わかった。じゃあ、今僕たちはここにいる。今、僕たちは再び困難な位置[状況]にいるんだよ、レイチェル。君はどうしたいの? それをどうやって対処したいの? ねぇ? 僕たちのために戦いたいの? それとも、逃げ出したいの? [レイチェルの隣に座る] ねぇ僕は[今にも泣き出しそうになって] 僕はひどい、ばかなばかなことをしたんだ、そうだろ? ごめんよ。できることならそれを取り消したい、でもできない。 [観客・視聴者はモニカとフィービーがほとんど泣きそうになっているのを見る] ものすごく素敵だって僕たちがわかっていることを、僕たちが捨ててしまうのを見ることは僕にはできないよ。レイチェル、君をとても愛してるんだ。) ★ I just can't see us throwing away something we know is so damn good. Rachel, I love you so much. これはthatが欠落していて、 I just can't see us throwing away something that( we know )is so damn good. という文だと思うのですが...。 こういう場合はあるのでしょうか? 小生TOEIC600ですので、できれば例文も添えてご教示いただければありがたいです!

• この英語を訳してください。

友人とのメールで分からない文がありました。 どなたか教えてくれませんか? Why do some Japanese not like americans visiting? the last person i talked to didn't like me So you are a guy yet you choose a bunny as your photo it won't let me go that far よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳が正しいか教えてください。

下記の文はロングマンの「Impact Issues3」に載っている会話です。 男性AとBの会話です。Aは自分の彼女のボディピアスについて悩んでいます。 その彼女から「あなたもピアスあければいいじゃない」と言われたあとの会話です。 Bの2文の翻訳が正しいか教えてください。 A : She said I would look really good with pierced ears. B : If it turns her on,why not do it? A : Are you serious? B : You can't let something so minor get between you and the woman of your dreams. Bの1文目 If it turns her on,why not do it? は 「もしそれ(ピアスを空ける)をすれば、彼女はお前にしびれるぜ(ちょっと古い言い方ですが)。なんでしないんだよ。」(それは彼女を目覚めさせるというような感じでしょうか) Bの2文目 You can't let something so minor get between you and the woman of your dreams. は "get between you and the woman"は「get between A and B」で「AとBの間にはさまる」なので、 「お前は、おまえが夢に抱いている?男女間のめちゃくちゃ小さなことが許せないんだよ。」 なんかしっくりきません。チェックお願いいたします。

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 This weekend I went shopping for clothes ... maybe you like that ... but I'm not really enjoying it. It's too difficult, too many choices. And suppose I choose something other people don't like ... Anyway I'm finished now and I have what I I need to have. Hmmm Italian food. Do you like Italian food a lot? As for the chopsticks ... it's not really strange for me. Personally I use chopsticks to cook pasta. It's easy to stir and take some spaghetti out to see if it's cooked enough. But eating ... I use fork :)But when I went to an Italian restaurant in Osaka they also gave chopsticks. Can you eat pasta with a fork? Or you think it's easier with chopsticks? Don't worry ... we won't be having pasta when you're in Belgium. About the chili oil. It's me that needs to thank you. You gave it to me and you introduced me to this chili oil. It's really nice on salad. Without you I would never know it can be so nice. If you bring some to Belgium you can bring your favorite brand. It doesn't need to be specifically this one. I like to know what you like. Don't worry if it's spicy ... I can take very spicy food. But are you sure it's not too much trouble? ... maybe you don't like it. Actually it looks more like what a horse would eat ... hahaha. You can try ... but we should have something more authentic (Belgian) for you. And also as a backup ... because I really don't think you will like it :)

• I've told people~の訳

I've told people, the thing about thie movie, why it works, it has so much heart. It's not what you expect going in,but it's why you loved it so much,is you are rooting for these two. 監督と批評家が話していて、批評家が作品について褒めているようなのですが この言葉は、どのような意味になるのでしょうか。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。these twoは登場人物の男女を指しています。

• somethingとanything

somethingとanythingの使い方で迷っています。 『何か食べるものを持っていますか?』と尋ねるときは、 Do you have something to eat? Do you have anything to eat? どちらを使えばいいのでしょうか? 疑問文=anythingと覚えていたのですが、何かしっくりこない感じがして悩んでいます。 それともう一つ、『何か温かい飲み物はどうですか?』と言いたい場合は、 Would you like something hot to drink? と言うと習ったんですが、anythingは使えないのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 日記に、名前を付けました。もっと頑張りたいと思います。

昨晩、寝る前に書きました。又添削をよろしくお願いいたします。うまく書けてるかな..... Hi, my Crystal! Yes, from now I call you like this. Do you like this name? I hope you like it. As you know I like flowers very much. Last November I bought 120seedings of pansy and I planted them in flower pots. Now they are a little weak. Do you know why? Yes, this winter is so hard for them. Everyday was so cold!! Now it becomes a little warm day by day. Every morning I say them “Spring is coming to you! You will get spring at soon!” BTW, which season do you like best? Me? I like spring best. A lot of flowers bloom anywhere in the world. Sorry, Crystal! Tomorrow is not my day-off, so I have to go to bed, good night my Crystal! See you later.

• 和訳お願いします!

次の英文の和訳お願いします(>_<) His jaw is set hard. Comments like "It is not what you said but the way that you said it," or "Why did you say it like that?" or "Obviously it's not nothing; something's wrong," are responses to metamessage of talk. Such requests as "Skip the small talk," "Get to the point," or "Why don't you say what you mean?" may seem to be reasonable. お願いします。

• "It's Not"歌詞解説お願いします。

AIMEE MANN の It's Not という曲の歌詞についてです。 何が It's Not なのかが分かりません。文法的な解説でなく文意の解説をお願いします。 I keep going round and round on the same old circuit A wire travels underground to a vacant lot Where something I can't see interrupts the current And shrinks the picture down to a tiny dot And from behind the screen it can look so perfect But it's not So here I'm sitting in my car at the same old stop light I keep waiting for a change but I don't know what So red turns into green turning into yellow But I'm just frozen here on the same old spot And all I have to do is to press the pedal But I'm not People are tricky you can't afford to show Anything risky anything they don't know The moment you try - well kiss it goodbye So baby kiss me like a drug, like a respirator. And let me fall into the dream of the astronaut. Where I get lost in space that goes on forever. And you make all the rest just an after thought. And I believe it's you who could make it better. But it's not. No it's not

• 訳して下さい!!

as a warning in case I'd feel like trying something stupid like that again! Of course, I will not. It's obvious I'll never think like that again. Because, even if one doesn't have anybody, life is the most precious thing. It's not even ours, you know. I didn't decide to live, why should I decide to die? It's not up to me to choose. Our lives do not belong to us. We are given life, and we must take care of ourselves for as long as these lives last.