The Concerns of a Man: Communication and Division

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A man finds himself worried as his world becomes divided on various issues, making communication and discourse seemingly impossible.
  • He had always believed in the power of letters, books, conversation, and teaching for communication, but now he feels that his beliefs are being challenged.
  • The divisions in his world include religion, governance, and even scholarship, causing him great concern.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文和訳 大学入試

he was worried because all of his life he had believed in communication through letters and books, conversation and teaching, and now his world had become divided on issues such as religion governance and even scholarship - so divided that any discourse seemed impossible. 構文が取れず訳すことができません。all of his life の部分にあたるvは何でしょうか

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数13

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

all of his life で「彼の生涯ずっと」で副詞的に使えます。 because 節は (all of his life) は副詞的に先頭にきて, he believed in ~が SV です。 彼の生涯ずっと,彼は手紙や本を通じてのコミュニケーション,会話,教育を信条としてきたのだが, 今や,彼の世界が,宗教支配やさらには学問のような問題に関して分割, いかなる話し合いも不可能なほど分割されてしまったので,苦悩していた。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 内容的にまだ続いてる感じだと思います。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Yet he had a fairly happy family life and childhood. Background and family history are important to him. He may have had a strong attachment or respect for his father, who was affluent and a sense of family pride. He may have missed out on parental love in his childhood. He would have grown reserved and cautious. May have had some health weakness or weakens of constitution. His interest would have centered on the family. He wanted to shine out. Make his family proud of him, and he would have helped other family members out and taken an interest in their lives and affairs.

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトではわかりづらかったので質問しました。 almoner? がこちらのプリントのミスなのか辞書でもでてきませんでした。 誤字はないと思います。 For most of his life he had worked as a commercial artist. "I did a bit of tickling" delicate lettering and design for advertising blocks. In his late sixties he experienced long spells of illness. When he was able to work he went as bottlewasher to a dairy. He was obliged to gibe up work finally because of ill-health and growing infirmity at the age of seventy-two. Since the death of his wife his social activities had contracted. He did not get up for long and rarely went out, except at week-ends for his pension and his shopping. Even his visits to an infirm brother living some miles away had fallen off. "I used to go over and see him every Tuesday night last year up to that fog we had in November. Then I just lay on my bed coughing my and coughing. Coughing all day and night, thinking my time had come. But it wasn't to be." He regretted not having children, especially a daughter, who "might have stood by me when I got old", and he had no nephews or nieces living in London. The neighbours saw little of him. Next door was "Mrs Lipstick and Powder, that's what I calls her, always going out." On the other side was "Mrs Fly-by-night. She rushes past me on the stairs now, like some of the others, without asking how I am. Not that I mind. But they used to do it and since I came out of hospital and go around just like a decrepit old man decrepit, yes - I suppose they don't like to ask how I am in case they feel they should do something. But there - life's like that, isn't it?" He had lost touch with all his friends and did not approve of old people's clubs. "They're all clicks of decrepit old people." His opinion of national assistance officials, doctors, almoners, and nurses was favourable, except that sometimes they "kept you in the dark" or "treated you like a little child". He had refused offers of a home help, mainly, it appeared, from a sense of privacy, shame of his home, misunderstanding about payment, and suspicion of the sort of woman who would come. His memories of contacts with doctors and hospitals were extremely vivid and he recalled at length some of his experiences. He talked about an almoner who was "a lovely looking party", about his new dentures, "I don't wear the top, it's more comfortable', and with pride about his one perfect faculty, his eyesight. On occasions when he could scarcely walk it never occurred to him to ask his doctor to visit him; he preferred to make painful journeys to the surgery.

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を助けてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! Francis had to endure not only forms of poverty that he chose deliberately but also physical suffering that he never sought: problems with digestion and vision and even his stigmata (for we are entitled to believe that these were symptoms of some sort and not merely emblems of Christ’s Passion). Thus Francis, perhaps even more than Dominic, was apt to include all the afflicted in his sweeping view of mankind, as the final words of the rule of 1221 suggest: “All babies and small children, poor and rich, kings and princes, artisans, farmers, serfs and masters, all virgins, windows, and married women, all children and adolescents, the young and the old, the healthy and the sick, all peoples, races, tribes of all tongues, all nations, and all men of every region of the earth.”

•  和訳を教えてください(大学院入試過去問)

臨床心理の指定大学院入試を目指しているものです。過去問を訳しているのですが分からない部分があり、アドバイスをいただきたいです。  At that time、he had begun to walk on railway lines and through tunnels with complete disregard for all personal danger. 英文全体の内容は12歳の少年の心理療法についてです。 「少年は鉄道の線路の上を歩きはじめたり、身体の危険を無視してトンネルを・・・」 「 through tunnels with complete disregard for all personal danger.」  の部分の役がわからなくて・・・構文としてはtunnelが動詞ですか?  あと基本的なことで恐縮なのですが   He felt and akuted as if he were a train because his whole body had become a symbol in the service of this fantsy in which he and his father entered the mothers body   以上の英文なのですが私は   「少年はまるで自分が電車であるかのように行動したり、物事を知  覚した。なぜなら全身が・・・」  「in the service of this fantasy in which he and his father    entered the mothers body」  「in the service of this fantasy」の部分は和訳はどうしたらいいでしょうか?  の部分の理解が曖昧で教えていただきたいのですが、    「in which」はfantasyとsymbolどちらですか?その理由なども教えていただけらら・・ありがたいです。   

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! 9It is confirmed by an internal remark of the British Foreign Secretary, Selwyn Lloyd: Germany is the key of the peace of Europe. 10A divided Europe has meant a divided Germany. 11To unite Germany while Europe is divided, even if practicable, is fraught with danger for all. 17On the afternoon of 17 June he expressed on the radio his inner solidarity with the demonstrators. 18At the same time he called on them ‘not to be carried away into doing anything rash in response to provocations’. 19This hesitant stance was significant; it disappointed the East German population and robbed them of any hope of a reunification in the near future.

• 英文和訳 大学入試

(1) A teacher who grades the class on a sliding scale with A’s going to the children who complete the most problems correctly or write the most imaginative or sophisticated papers and B's, C's and D's awarded to the other children as their work compares to that of the A children, is setting up a competitive situation that will defeat some children all of the time. with A’s going to the childrenここが不明です。また、as their work compares to that of the A childrenここも不明、thatは何を示している? (2) A child who does not excel in this group might have been one of the pacesetters of the class had he just come along one year sooner or later and had lesser or different competition. 仮定法なのはわかりますが、 had lesser or different competition.ここの訳し方がわかりません。平常文?になおすとif he come along lesser or different competitionになるんでしょうか?

• 英語の和訳

この英文の和訳教えてください(>_<) ↓ ↓ Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He realized his father was very old,and thought perhaps he should go to see him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements,hereceived a telegram telling him his father had passed away,and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things. When he arrived at his father's house,sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still new Bible,just as he had left it years ago. With tears,he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. And as he did, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name,the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag were the date of his graduation and the words PAID IN FULL.

• 英文を和訳してください。

和訳お願いします。 An old man died and left son a lot of money. But the son was a foolish young man, and he quickly spent all the money, so that soon he had nothing left. Of course, when that happened, all his friends left him. When he was quite poor and alone, he went to see Nasreddin, who was a kind, clever old man and often helped people when they had troubles. `My money has finished and my friends have gone, `said the young man. `What will happen to me now?` `don't worry, young man, `answered Nasreddin. `Everything will soon be all right again. Wait, and you will soon feel much happier.`

• 英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えてください

英文の和訳で困っています 和訳を教えていただきたいです よろしくお願いします!! 12Therefore everyone-Dr Adenauer, the Russians, the Americans, the French and ourselves-feel in our hearts that a divided Germany is safer for the time being. 13But none of us dare to say this so openly because of the effect upon German public opinion. 14Therefore we all publicly support a united Germany, both on his own terms. 23Adenauer wanted to avoid a failure of the negotiations at all cost. 24For this reason he was reserved in his attitude towards the June events in the GDR(he also didn’t want to give the USSR any cause to direct accusations at the West.) 25Above and beyond that, uncertainty about the consequences of a possible intervention was too great.

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いします。

次の英文の和訳をお願いします。 1.A census is an official record of who lived where on a given date.There have been censuses in the UK since 1801 and the information recorded has increased over time. 2.The guide telks you that when Michelangelo had finished this statue of Moses he was so thrilled by the figure he had created that, feeling it must come to life, he struck it on the knee with his hammer and commanded,"stand up!"