Are Optimistic People Always Positive?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Is it possible to stay optimistic? This is the question that the user is struggling with. They received a response from a native English speaker in the UK, but they are having trouble understanding the intention behind the response.
  • The first response, 'Is that possible?', seems to be questioning whether it is possible to stay optimistic. The user tried to interpret it as, 'Is it possible to remain optimistic?'
  • The second response suggests that it is good to make the best of bad situations. The user wants to confirm if their interpretation, 'It's good for making the best of bad situations I think,' is correct.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

Is it possible? から続くコメント

「私はときどき、楽観的すぎます」というコメントを書いたところ、イギリス英語ネイティブの方から以下の返事がきたのですが、微妙に意図がつかめません。 1)Is that possible? 2)It's good for making the best of bad situations I think. 3)Though, being around someone who is always positive can be a bit depressing sometimes. いきなり、1)からつまづきました。「それは可能ですか?」ということで、楽天的でいられるのが可能か?と無理やりこじつけてみましたが、どう訳せばいいのでしょうか? 2)は、「悪い状況で良い状況をつくりだすのは、いいことだと私は思います」でしょうか? 3)「でも、いつも楽天的な人のそばにいると、ときどきかなり落ち込むことになる」でしょうか? いまひとつ文意がつかめないので、ご指南のほどよろしくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.3

> Is that possible? It's good for making the best of bad situations I think. Though, being around someone who is always positive can be a bit depressing sometimes.  なるほど、possible をどう解釈したから良いのかと迷ってしまうかもしれないですね。  私は Is that possible to be optimistic of you? くらいのことではないだろうか、と思いました。「(常に) 楽観的でいることが出来るのですか? (それは悪いことじゃないんじゃないかな)」 みたいな気持ちを表した文では?  2番目の文の make the best of ... は 「(悪い状況) にめげずに最善を尽くす」 みたいな意味で使われる表現。だから、「好ましくない状況の中でも、それにめげずに頑張るというのは、いいことだと思うよ」 といった意味の文だと思えます。  3番目は文はちょいと面白いことを言っていて、「でも、いつもポジティブ一点張りの人といっしょにいると、時にはうんざりした気持ちになることもあるけどね」 といったことを述べていると思います。 質問者の解釈とそれほど違わないと思いますが、「訳す」 となれば、私なら上記のような感じに訳します。

sasha_88
質問者

お礼

とても丁寧でわかりやすい解説をありがとうございます! 心情が伝わるとてもいい日本語訳で、細かいニュアンスがよく理解できました。 自分の直訳的で、ニュアンスをすくい切れていなかった部分が、すごくよくわかりました。 本当に助かりました! 貴重なお時間を割いていただき、ありがとうございます(^_^)/

その他の回答 (2)

• Fuhaima
  • ベストアンサー率43% (23/53)
回答No.2

すいません。打ち間違いです。 1)そんな風にできるんだ?(へぇ、そうなんだぁ、の感じと思います)

sasha_88
質問者

お礼

わざわざ訂正をありがとうございます。了解です♪

• Fuhaima
  • ベストアンサー率43% (23/53)
回答No.1

1)そうな風にできるんだ? 2)悪い状況で良い方向に持っていこうとするのはいいことだね。 3)はほぼいいです。「かなり」→「ちょっと」ですね。

sasha_88
質問者

お礼

ご回答有難うございます。 やっと疑問が解消しました。 1)のニュアンスは、大変助かりました。 a bitとか a little bit、よく間違えます(涙) はあ、すっきりしました。感謝です!

関連するQ&A

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

長文だった為分割して質問させていただきます。 こちらは後半の文章です。 目の周辺のことを書いてあるようなのですが、訳していただけると助かります。 They are fully open eyes, not narrowed. Though he narrows them in strong light as if struggling to see.. The margins at the edges of the lid are sometimes reddish, as if irritated by smoke. The eyes are softly flickering, misty, sidling and shifting as though he tries to fix his gaze on people, but soon his gaze slips away again. Sometimes the eyes look thoughtful dull or transfixed but unseeing idle expression. The face is plump and sympathetic. Though often the face is very still. Not totally devoid of expression, just passive and the expression serene across his frozen face. Not a mobile always changing face. Its only the eyes that change and flicker like moonlight and clouds across his face. The eyelids twitch sometimes into an expression with the face. The eyes look weak though his sight is not good. The face is soft fleshy, pale and poorly defined, but attractive. This is a proud refined face, that is sometimes hard to read..

• お願いします。和訳なんですが

Ok, enough about that (even I don't sound gushy towards my family!LOL!), but sometimes, all we need is someone who will believe in us. Ok、その話はここまでにして(私さえ、私の家族の方へ感傷的に聞こえません!(爆笑)!)、時々、私たちが必要とするのは私たちを信じるだれかだけです。 和訳はこんな感じであっているでしょうか?

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

以前にも質問したのですが、もう一度質問させてください。 長文だった為分割して質問させていただきます。 こちらは後半の文章です。 目の周辺のことを書いてあるようなのですが、訳していただけると助かります。 They are fully open eyes, not narrowed. Though he narrows them in strong light as if struggling to see.. The margins at the edges of the lid are sometimes reddish, as if irritated by smoke. The eyes are softly flickering, misty, sidling and shifting as though he tries to fix his gaze on people, but soon his gaze slips away again. Sometimes the eyes look thoughtful dull or transfixed but unseeing idle expression. The face is plump and sympathetic. Though often the face is very still. Not totally devoid of expression, just passive and the expression serene across his frozen face. Not a mobile always changing face. Its only the eyes that change and flicker like moonlight and clouds across his face. The eyelids twitch sometimes into an expression with the face. The eyes look weak though his sight is not good. The face is soft fleshy, pale and poorly defined, but attractive. This is a proud refined face, that is sometimes hard to read..

• 自由英作の添削をお願いします

もう前期試験まで一週間もないのですが、心残りなので時間がある時にでもお願いします。 阪大の2008年度の自由英作文の問題です。 Is a lie always bad? Why or why not? Answer in English in around 70 words. I don't think a lie is always bad. Because a man is happy by a lie in some cases. For example, a man was suffer from a cancer. He was getting weaken. When he asked his doctor about his cancer's situation, however, his doctor answered he was getting recovering. Of course, what his doctor said is a lie, but he was happy. A lie made him happy. よろしくお願いします。

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??

About my boyfriend, he is a wonderful person and I am very in love with him. He is very kind and caring, but he is also very realistic and sometimes can seem almost cynical. But I don't think cynicism is always a bad virtue. I agree with him on most issues, and he can speak about things such as poverty and politics much better than I can. I would call that more "eloquent". いつも御世話になっています(^_^) ある女の子が彼氏について書いてくれたメールです。 (1) I don't think cynicism is always a bad virtue のvirtueは”効力”と訳せばいいのでしょうか?? (2)I would call that more "eloquent".  こういう場合wouldはどう訳すのでしょうか??だい たいwouldはどういう時に使う事が多いですか??   誰か教えて下さい。お願いします<(_ _)>    

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **You could also say "I think movie making is very complicated." "Movie making" = the process of making a movie. I think you might be able to say this with other things too (cake making, song making etc.)... I'm not sure though. **"Only 3 months?" isn't technically a complete sentence, but a sentence like that is fine to write in a letter or to say while talking to someone. If you wanted to actually make it complete you could say "It only took you 3 months?" You probably knew all this anyway, but I wanted to clarify just in case. The only place where it would probably matter for you to make it a complete sentence is if you were writing an English paper. **"I have listened to it." is grammatically correct, but it's much more common to simply say "I have," if someone asks you if you've done something. Just like "Only 3 months?" though, "I have" is not a complete sentence. Again, it's probably not a big deal unless you're doing something where grammar is really important.

• There was the manの意味

The art of starting small(タイトルです) Wellington is a city full of interesting characters. Every now and then, a particular, sometimes peculiar personality emerges. There was the guy who always walked around with a bucket, the guy who sat around wearing nothing but a blanket and a loincloth, the guy who would busk — terribly — with a radio and his air guitar, and my personal favorite, Juggler Guy. 色々調べてみたのですが、定冠詞theの意味合いがいまいちつかめません。 「ほら、例の男がいたんだよ」のような感覚を出すためでしょうか?読み手の私には、突然There is構文でtheを出されてもピンときません。 私は社会人なのですが、できれば中学生でもわかるように教えてくださいませんか? どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 規格書:英日翻訳の質問です。

"Sometimes prolonged heating is required to verify that the material can meet all the requirements of the specification when prolonged heating situations happen in the field." 「材料が仕様書のすべての要件を満たしていることを検証するために長時間の加熱が必要になることがある。その場合は現場で材料を長時間加熱する状況が生じる。」 通常「when」以後の分を最初に訳しますが、そうすると日本語の意味が逆になってしまうので、上記のように訳しました。訳し方を教えてください。宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の文法を修正して下さい

家内は非常に几帳面で冷蔵庫の中はいつも整理されています。飲み水は沸騰させたものをペットボトルにいれて日付を書いています。時々私が間違って日付の新しいものを飲んでしまうと、ものすごく怒り総括させられます。 She always organized refregrater, and boiled water which is date order. Sometimes as I got some water to changed the order that She scoled me more. 日常的な友達と話す時に使える文法を教えてください。 私なりに考えましたが全く自身がありません

• 大学受験対策の自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

問題文「Is a lie always bad? Why or Why not? 」、65~74字で書くこと。 I think that a lie is not always bad. There are different lies used not to hurt people or to keep good relationships. For example, if we know that one hate the other, we tell the other that no one hate you and everybody like you. Though it seems that we should not deceive people, it is essential to us to live comfortably everyday. 論理的に文章を展開させているか、また正しい文法を使って英作できているか、の二点に留意して添削して下さると助かります^^ また、質問にも答えて下さると嬉しいです。 質問(1)問題文はa lie と単数形になっていますが、英作する時にliesと複数形にして一般化してもいいのでしょうか? 結局、「色々な嘘」という形で第二文から複数形にしているので、第一文から複数形にしても差し支えないのでしょうか? 質問(2)For example以下の二文ですが、主語・目的語をwe,usで統一しましたが、こういう場合はweとyouどちらを使うべきなのでしょうか? では、よろしくお願いします!