Never Judge a Book by Its Cover

このQ&Aのポイント
  • There's a saying, isn't there? That you should never judge a book by its cover.
  • You can say the same thing about people, can't you? As sometimes people are quite different from the way they look.
  • There is a common saying that reminds us not to judge a book by its cover, and the same applies to people. Appearance can be deceiving, and it's important to look beyond the surface to truly understand someone.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

punctuation?

1 There's a saying isn't there, that you should never judge a book by its cover? 2 You can say the same thing about people can't you, as sometimes people are quite different from the way they look. 1、2 ともに Nativeの文のようですが、 付加疑問文にコンマがついていません。  1 There's a saying, isn't there? 2 You can say the same thing about people, can't you? となってから 文が続くものとおもっていました。 しかし これらの後にはまだ文が続いています。なので?で切って、またカンマを打って 文を続けるとかえってわかりにくくなる気もします。だからでしょうか?   しかし 私にはこちらの表記も???でした。 どなたかご教示よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Oubli
  • ベストアンサー率31% (744/2384)
回答No.1

確かに句読点が変ですね。下記のようにするのが正しいと思いますが、個人のくせということで容認される範囲内かもしれません。 1 There's a saying <,>isn't there, that you should never judge a book by its cover? 2 You can say the same thing about people <,> can't you, as (=that) sometimes people are quite different from the way they look.

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 そうなんですか~~。会話ちっくな文だな~とは思ったんですが・・・ 話をそのまま書き留めるとこうなる??とか。 参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• 想わない日はない?

There isn't a day goes by that I don't think about you. この文章の構造がよくわかりません。この文は文法的に正しいですか?特にgoesのところですが、There isn't a day "that" goes by...にするのかなとも思いましたが、その場合の関係代名詞は省略できないし、そのあとのthatに続く部分もどういう文になっているのかつかめません。 どなたか教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• 動詞は、なんなのでしょうか?

I won't him saying such things about her. 「彼女のことで 彼にそのようなことを言わせるわけにはいかない。」 won't って will + notですよね、 したくない意思 としても saying にするために won't の後に続きそうな動詞が抜けている文なのでしょうか? それとも これはこういう文で、 What do you say to ~動名詞?のような 文?   動詞なくいきなりhim sayingになっているのでわかりません。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 英訳してみました

同じような内容の文なのですが、いろいろアレンジして英訳をてみました。アドバイスを頂けたら嬉しいです。根本的にこういう言い方は間違っている!などの指摘もお願いします。 (1)彼の昨夜の行動について不思議な点はないと思う。 I don't think there is anything strange about his last night's behaviour. (2)彼の昨夜の行動について、不思議な点で思い出すようなことはない。 There isn't anything I can recall that struck me as strange about his last night's behaviour. (3)彼の昨夜の行動で、不思議なことが1つある。 There is a thing that struck me as suspicious about his last night's behaviour. (4)彼の昨夜の行動について、不思議な点で思い出すようなことはない。(日本文は(2)と同じですが英訳をかえてみました) There isn't anything strange that I can recall about his last night's behaviour.

• say about か say of か?

「~について言う」と表現する場合、say about ~とsay of ~とありますが、どう違うのでしょうか? 例えば、 The same thing can be said of Japan. (同じことが日本についても言える。) という例文がありました。ofのところをaboutに入れ替えることはできますか?

• 和訳が分かりません。

以下の和訳が分かりません。 できたら回答いただけたら、ありがたいです。 「 It is a very good idea, especially since you are saying that there isn’t good advertisement there in Japan with photos and videos and the quality isn’t as good. 」

• なぜyou?

こんにちは。お世話になります。 英語初学者です。 英文を読んでいたら、 kipper sent up to the man. He gave the man a sweet. ‟What is that thing?” he said. ‟You lock people up in it,” said the man. ‟You can't lock people in that,” said kipper. ‟You can't get them in” ‟Oh yes you can ” said the man. ‟Look” という英文に出くわしました。 先ほど、okwaveで別の質問をしまして、ご回答をいただき、 意味を理解することができたのですが、 上から6番目の文でなぜ‟Oh yes you can ”と言っているのかが やはり、いまだによくわかりません。 なぜ、‟You can't lock people in that,”と言われているのに、 「I」を使わず、「You」を使って‟Oh yes you can ” と答えているのでしょうか? さっぱり意味が分かりません。 どなたか、教えては下さいませんでしょうか? 宜しくお願いいたします。

• このasの用法は何でしょう

People say I look about the same age my sister. 私は妹と同じくらいの年齢に見えると言われます。 この文のasは(the same)ageを修飾している関係詞で正しいでしょうか? つまり、 People say I look about the age. My sister is the age. の2文をつないでできた文だと言う解釈で合ってますか?

• 間違っている英文があったら、教えて下さい。

間違っている英文や、こんな言い方はしない。という文があったら、教えて下さい。 1、それ言い訳になっていないよ。 Do you think that can be an excuse? Your excuse doesn't make sense. 2、彼女は勝ち誇ったような表情で私を見た。 She looked at me with a triumphant expression. inかwithどちらを使うか迷いました。 3、それはあなたの都合でしょ? What an impertinent thing to say!      It's your personal reason, isn't it?     It's your convenience. よろしくお願いします。

• この歌の歌詞はどんな意味ですか?

i can see you burning with desire reaching for a glory you will never find. you don't care what people say about you 分かる方教えてください

• 簡単に日本語に訳してください

Your Recent Video Hi there, I watched some of your videos last night and I have to say I was impressed. The one thing that really struck me was that you weren't getting many views. I am always amazed how good videos can get so few views when some of the other crap gets millions. Ultimately, I thought your vids were some of the best on the site. Isn't it crazy that people would rather the same garbage over and over instead of new and fresh material? You shouldn't feel alone though. I used to have a problem getting views on my videos too, then I found http://tinyurl.com/35hczew Basically the service sends a ton of views to your videos so that you can get ranked in the YouTube search engine. Right now they have a free trial going on, so it really doesn't cost you a cent. Give them a try, maybe they can help you the same way they helped me. But no matter what, make sure you keep making those videos. I can't wait to watch the next one. Take care. __________________________________________ エキサイト翻訳で訳しましたが意味がよく分からなかったのでお願いします。