• ベストアンサー

自然な英語になるように、添削をお願いします。

添削をお願いします。 私がアメリカにいた時住んでいた場所も高級住宅街にあり、広い家でした。 豪華な家具が沢山あり、いかにもお金持ちという感じでした。 The place I live as a homestay was in the good residential district [high-class residential area // toney neighborhood // upscale residential area // well-heeled city] , house was big. They have many expensive furniture. You can guess easily they are rich. *「高級住宅街」という表現で、一般的に使われている言い方は、どれでしょうか? *「いかにも」という表現にstrugglingしました。 この写真に写っている可愛い男の子は、わたしの友達がホームステイしていたところの家族の息子さんです。 The cute boy who was in this picture was a son of my friend's host family where my friend did a homestay. 火曜日はあなたは4時から用事がある日でしたよね。 Today is the day that you have a plan from 4 o’clock isn’t it?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • POKIE
  • ベストアンサー率33% (266/784)
回答No.3

オヒサ~。 I stayed at a big house in an upscale residential area (neighbourhood) during my homestay in the USA. The house was plushly furnished, and it was abvious they were quite rich. 前にもgenialさん書いていたと思いましたけど、a home stayと書いて”ホームステイをしている人”という意味はないと思います。a homestay studentならわかりますけど。plushlyは多分辞書には載っていませんが(笑)意味はちゃんと通じるはず。plushは載ってます。 The cute boy in this picture was a son of my friend's host family. who wasは余計。 where以降はまったく余計。だってもう友達のホストファミリーだって言ってあるでしょう。 You have a plan (an English lesson) on Tuesdays at 4 o'clock, don't you? 関係代名詞がすきなんですか?the day thatとかthe place I liveとか。

genial
質問者

お礼

こんにちは~* 今回もいい表現や新しい単語をたくさん教えてもらいました!勉強になりました!な~るほど!の連発です。 もっと学習しなくちゃ。。。とほほ。。。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• merville
  • ベストアンサー率32% (17/52)
回答No.2

最初の文章は次のようにしたらどうでしょう。 I stayed at a big house located in high-class residential area during my homestay in America, and it was full of expensive furniture. 「The place where I live ... was ...」 でも充分意味は通じますが、ちょっと違和感があります。関係代名詞を含んだ主語が原因かな。

genial
質問者

お礼

ご親切に回答どうも有難うございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • greeen
  • ベストアンサー率56% (154/272)
回答No.1

>The place I live as a homestay was in the good residential district, house was big. They have many expensive furniture. You can guess easily they are rich. the place I lived in ならOKです。as a homestay は無理があります。 →The house I lived in the U.S. was big, and located in a good residential area. There was a lot of expensive furniture there, and the family looked very/extremely rich. furniture は不可算名詞です。You could easily guess they were rich. もいい表現だと思います。 >「高級住宅街」という表現で、一般的に使われている言い方は、どれでしょうか? →それぞれ微妙にニュアンスが違うので一概には言えません。exclusive residential district と言えば、ずいぶん高級になるでしょうから。high-class residential area もけっこう使われるでしょう。 >The cute boy who was in this picture was a son of my friend's host family where my friend did a homestay. who was → who is where my friend did a homestay →my friend stayed with →where my friend did(enjoyed) homestay 最近では homestay も動詞として使われるようですが、まだまだ普通ではないでしょう。また、do homestay も可能ですが使わない方がいいかも知れません。host family も必要かどうか考えて使うべきでしょう。host が無くても、ホストファミリーなのは明らかだからです。 →The cute little boy in this picture is a son of the family my friend stayed with. >火曜日はあなたは4時から用事がある日でしたよね。 →On Tuesday you have some business to do from four o'clock, right? →Don't you have some business to do from four o'clock on Tuesday? Tuesday is the day when ... も可能ですが、やや堅苦しい感じがするので、上のようにした方がいいでしょう。日本語からの直訳は出来ればしない方がいいでしょう。 お役に立てば幸いです。

genial
質問者

お礼

丁寧に添削をして頂き、ありがとうございました! すごく勉強になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の添削お願いします。

語学学校を卒業するにあたりスピーチをしなければいけません。 文章を考えたのですが添削してもらえますか? Thank you everyone,especially.....Thank you my friends. I've spend in here for three months.I could have a lot of friend and experience.I had a great time in here. I want to talk about a lot more if there is an opportunity to meet you again.So,I'm going to continue to study English for improving my English level. I'll miss you.Have a good school life.Thank you. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の添削、補足お願いします。

英語の添削お願いします。「名古屋に留学してたの!?名古屋なら友達が豊田市にある大学に通ってるよ。 でもてっきり君は芸術系の大学に通っているのかと思ってたよ~。絵を習ったことはあるの? 京都に留学できるといいね。観光し放題だし、きっと楽しい日々を送れるよ! Have you studied in Nagoya!? My friend is in university in Toyota city. by the way, i've thoughe you are in art school. Have you studied art? I hope you can study in Kyoto. There are many sightseeing spots and you'll have a wouderful days!! 手直しお願いします。

• 英語を翻訳してくださいませんか? その2

翻訳しましたが理解できないので日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか。 Is just need told you the true That was don't like and hate Talk my friends When I'm say and told you are my girlfriend Later. Surprised all my friends talk with you And say your girlfriend just like enjoy What you think? i'm feel When you are in a big love and other people talk bad about your couple I'm really like and love And feel in you a true love And was want only for me Because was really love you Was want see you again Talk with you Dinner with you Walk with you Have again a good time like to the first meeting Was dream. with this Now just continue in my dream Sorry for today

• 英語の問題の添削をお願いします。

1.次の各文の( )内から適する語句を選びなさい。 (1)Jim was born on the day (アwhich イwhen ウwhere) his father went to Paris. (2)We live (アwhich イthat ウwhere) our aunt used to live. (3)He went to Osaka, (アwhich イwhere ウthere) he met a friend of his. (4)Do you know the exact time (アwhich イwhom ウwhere エwhen) the accident occurred? (5)Keep on with your studies, (アhowever イno matter what ウso エwhatever) hard it sometimes seems. (6)"Are you going somewhere during the vacation?"-"Yes,I've found a nice beach (アhow イwhen ウwhere エwhich) I can enjoy swimming even in February." (7)It's not only her friends that Ms.Kinoshita is kind to. She helps (アthose イwhatever ウwhoever エwhom) needs her help. 2.次の各文の_に適する関係副詞を書きなさい。 (1)Tell me the reason _ she refused my offers. (2)Kumi wanted to live in a place _ she could see the ocean. (3)I remember the day _ my grandmother left Japan. (4)Kathy was taken _ she had never been before. (5)The day was very windly _ we visited our teacher. (6)I was going to shopping,_ Tom called me up. (7)He returned to his native land,_ he spent the last few years of his life. 3.次の各文の誤りを正して全文を書きなえなさい。 (1)You may invite whomever wants to come. (2)Please call on me whatever you want to. (3)This is the house which I lived in my early days. (4)They come to a large lake, that they took a rest for a while. (5)She didn't tell me the reason, why she would not work. (6)How careful he was, he couldn't avoid the accident. 4.次の文を関係副詞を使って書き変えなさい。 (1)This is the way in which they ran out of the burning house. (2)This is the village that I first met him in. (3)The day on which we arrived in New York was Sunday. 5.次の2つの文を関係副詞を使って1つの文にしなさい。 (1)August is the month. We have no school then. (2)Last week I visited the town. You used to live there. (3)We walked to the park. And there we played tennis for an hour. (4)I went to see Bill last Saturday. And then it was raining. 6.次の日本文に合うように、( )内の語句を並べ変えなさい。(4)は( )内の語を並び替えて_に入れ、英文を完成させなさい。 (1)私たちはこうして友だちになりました。(became/friends/how/is/this/we/.) (2)私はロイが早起きをしたわけを知っています。(early/got up/I/know/Roy/the reason/why/.) (3)意志があるところには道がある。(a/there's/where/will),there's a way. (4)Unfortunately,_ _ _ _, _ was one step ahead of us. (fast/he/however/ran/we) 7.次の英文を日本文に直しなさい。 (1)Dinner is ready whenever you may come back. (2)Wherever you may go, always be kind to others. 1.(1)イ (2)ウ (3)イ (4)エ (5)ア (6)エ (7)ウ 2.(1)why (2)where (3)when (4)where (5)when (6)when (7)where 3.(1)You may invite whoever wants to come. (2)Please call on me whenever you want to. (3)This is the house where I lived in my early days. (4)They came to a laege lake, where they took a rest for a while. (5)She didn't tell me the reason why she would not work. (6)However careful he was, he couldn't avoid the accident. 4.(1)This is how they ran out of the burning house. (2)This is the village where I first met him. (3)The day when we arrived in New York was Sunday. 5.(1)August is the month when we have no school. (2)Last week I visited the town where you used to live. (3)We walked to the park, where we played tennis for an hour. (4)I went to see Bill last Sunday, when it was raining. 6.(1)This is how we became friends. (2)I know the reason why Roy got up early. (3)Where there's a will, there's a way. (4)Unfortunately, [however we ran fast, he] was one step ahead of us. 7.(1)あなたがいつ戻ってきても、夕食の準備はできています。 (2)どこへ行っても、他人にはいつも親切にしなさい。 多いですが、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語の手紙書きました。どなたか添削お願いいたします

以下ですが、ホストマザーへ久しぶりに手紙を書きました。 間違いを直してほしいです。よろしくお願いいたします。 英語: How have you been? I hope you have been doing well How was your Xmas? Did you go to U.S. to see your family? In Xmas, I went to the church to listening their song and then back to home and gave present to my younger sister. They were very glad it, one present is kick board and the other one is the carry bag for kids, inside was in cookies. so quite. Do you remember my friend Mami? we met the school in N.Y. where you take me to before I return to Japan. This year she had participated in a == marathon race and was able to complete it. I don't like marathon but just wanted to see you there. How is your shoulder? Have you completely healed? Sometime I am thinking and feeling that if you ware my mother, I am happy because you have education- minded, you are interested in a lot of culture or sports or arts, and you have good thinking for things and cheerful disposition. but my mother is the opposite... Of cause I love my mother, but I just sometime thinking about those things... If so, it could be filled with meaningful thoughts of my life. I vividly remember as if lived in U.S. all things was yesterday and am thinking about U.S. almost everyday. I will send you email sometime. please take care of yourself. 日本語: 元気にしてた? あなたが元気であることを願っているよ。 クリスマスは家族に会いにアメリカへいったの? クリスマスに私は教会へ歌を聴きにいって、それから家へ戻って姪たちにキックボードと、子供用のキャリーバックをあげたらすごく喜んでいた。中身はおかしが入ってた。かわいい。 ところで、私のまみちゃんて友達覚えてる? 前にあなたが車で送ってくれた学校で出会った子。 彼女は今年アメリカのマラソン大会に参加して完走したんだって。 私はマラソンは嫌いだけど、あなたに会いにそこへは行きたかった。 あなたの肩は大丈夫?完全に治った? 時々私は、もしあなたが私の母親だったらって考えたり、そうだったらうれしいなって思う。 あなたは、教育熱心だし、文化やスポーツ、美術などにも興味が強くて、そうしたら私も意義深い人生を送ってたかなって思う。 もちろん私の母を愛してるけど、あなたとは反対だから。 今でもそこで生活をしたことが昨日の事のように思えるし、毎日考えて思い出す。 また時々メール送ります。 お体お大事にしてください。

• 日記風に、昨日の事を英語で書いてみました、添削をおねがいしたいのです。

Hi,Crystal! Sorry, I did not come here for a long day. I know I have to talk with you everyday for my dream. You know my dream, don't you. Everyday I say in my heart like this, “I want to learn and I want to speak English when I get a chance to go to US someday!”This is my dream. You help me a lot about it! I have been thanking you, Crystal! BTW, yesterday was the special day for me. Do you want to know what was the day yesterday? It was the wedding anniversary. I could hear “Congratulations!” Thank you, Crystal! Yesterday was day-off for me and my husband. So we played golf in Gunma prefecture. It was far a way to my home. But I could see mountains with snow and mountains covered with new green leaves. And cute and beatiful flowers! Everything were so beautiful! I wanted to show them to you. We touched a lot of natures not only played golf. It was a nice and special day. I have been thanking that we are well. I hope it will be forever. Wow,It is 11:55. I have to prepare a lunch for my family! Have a nice Sunday, Crystal!

• 英語の長文、和訳お願いします

I remember a lesson I learned from my dad on a warm spring day many years ago in northern Minnesota. As we fished for tront on the Prairie River, my attention was drawn to a flight of geese heading north to their summer home in Canada. My youthful curiosity aroused, I asked my dad why the geese were flying in a "V" formation. He said geese fly in formation because they can travel up to 30 percent faster in formation than if they fly individually. Each goose was flying independently, and yet they were all flying together. The formation's structure gave them the extra speed. The formation also meant that there was always a goose that led the entire group. They also knew where they were going. They had a goalーtheir summer home in Canada. You have never heard of a flight of geese giving up and stopping in Kansas. They also reach their goal.

• 英語の問題です

You have to be careful in choosing friends. この文章の重要な表現は何ですか? よろしくお願いします。

• 添削してください。(日本語から英語に)お願いします。

【なんとなく英語で書きたい気分.部屋が汚かったので計画したとおり掃除をした.冷や汗をかいた.母が部屋に入ってきたとき,幾つかの財布の整理をしてた.中学校の時私は友達にコンドームを1つもらったことがあり財布の中に入れてたままにして部屋になおしてあった.それをすっかり忘れていて[何か入ってるわぁ]と思い,その財布の中身を出したらコンドームがでてきて焦った.母に見られてないかな~すごい恥ずかしかった.片付け中にカナダの思い出がでてきて懐かしく感じた.友達からの手紙に笑った.「今度家に遊びにいかしてね!え?いいの?やった~!!」と書いてあった.私の片付けは終わらなかったがやっと途中まで終わった.今日は暇.昨日何人かにメールを送ったのに返事がこない.みんな忙しいのか?そうか私は嫌われているのか?彼氏にメール送ったのに彼氏からも返事来ない.わ~ん!あっ!カナダに留学中の友達に手紙を書いた.ちゃんと届いたらいいな!】【i have a kind of feeling that writting inEnglish.my room was messy, so i cleaned up my room as my yesterday plan.today i was in a cold weat.when my mother came in to my room,i was tidy upsome wallets.when i was junior high school, i had gotten a condom from friend and i put it in my wallet and leave in this in my room.now i didn't remember this things.at the moment i thought "there is something in the wallet"and took out something,it was a condom.(?)then,i was still cleaning up my room, i found the memories of canada(?).i was laughed by a friend's letter.it was written like this"can i go to your house next day? oh really? is it ok? (?)"あと書きたいんですが字数が・・・

• 英語の問題です。よろしくお願いします。

1.下の2文が同じ意味になるように( )に適当な単語を入れてください。 They were building a big house on the hill. A big house was ( ) built on the hill. (↑ちなみに、下の文、( )がなくてもいいような気がするのですが・・ ないとダメですか?) 2.4択です。 A: Have you ever seen that movie? B: Yes, when I was in Tokyo, I ( ) it three times. (had seen / have seen / saw / would see ) (やはり、have you?で聞かれてるので、"have seen"でいいのでしょうか?考えてたら混乱してきまして。) 3. The 【Japanese been devising various measures】 to help pass the summer in comfort since long ago. 【 】内が並べ替えだったんですが、これで合っているのでしょうか?The Japaneseっていうのはおかしい気がして・・ これも考えてたら訳が分からなくなってきました。) 文法的解釈可能な方、よろしくお願い致します!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ブラザープリンターの最新ドライバをインストールするための手順を紹介します。
  • 質問者は印刷できない問題に直面し、パソコンメーカーNECに相談した結果、プリンターのドライバが破損している可能性があることがわかりました。
  • 質問者の環境はWindows10で、無線LANで接続しており、電話回線はひかり回線です。
回答を見る