英語問題 問題1の意味について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 一番最初の問題で迷った意味について
  • 火事の時の苦労について
  • 米と小麦の関係について
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語

一通り問題を解いて見ましたが、一番最初の問題だけ、どれだか迷ってしまいました。誰も家にいなかった、という意味には違いないと思うのですが… 1When she called his house this morning, ( ) at home. アanybody wasn't イno one would be ウnobody was エeverybody wouldn't be 2The firemen had trouble getting to the street ( ) the houses were on fire. アhow イthat ウwhere エwhich 3It is often said that rice is to Asians ( ) wheat is to Europeans. アhow イthat ウwhat エwhich 4The professor sternly told the student, “Read the passage ( ) I referred in my lecture.” アin which イof what ウthat エto which 5Zero degrees Celsius (0℃) is the temperature ( ) water changes to ice. アat which イwhose ウin which エto which 6( ) matters is whether you do your best or not. アthat イwhich ウwhat エwhy 7I was just about to sleep, ( ) the front-door bell rang. アon which イwhen ウwhenever エwhere 8I found the book on the kitchen shelf, ( ) was the last place I expected to find it. アwhere イwhich ウwhen エthat 9Unborn babies ( ) mother smoke are in danger of developing health problems. アwho イwhose ウwhom エthat 10The man ( ) I believed was an Australian was in fact an American. アwho イwhom ウin whom エfor who 以上になります。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

1. ウ nobody was 彼女が今朝彼の家に電話した時、誰もいませんでした。 ☆ not ... any のように not は、any より前になくてはいけない。any ... not は、不可。また、call は、辞書によっては、「(人に)電話する」とも出ていますが、goo 辞書では「(人、場所)に電話する」と出ています。【他動詞】3. http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/ej3/12802/m0u/call/ センター試験の問題です。次のビデオをどうぞ http://seminar.every-e.com/video/19 http://seminar.every-e.com/video/578 2. ウ where 消防士たちは、その家々が燃えている通りに到着するのに苦労しました。 ☆The houses were on fire [there/on the street]. これもセンター試験の問題。 http://seng571213.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1723.html 3. ウ what アジア人にとっての米とヨーロッパ人にとっての小麦は、同じ関係だとよく言われる。 ☆ A is to B what C is to D. http://eigozuki.com/html/reibun/what-is-to-what.shtml これもセンター試験。次の問2. http://senyobi.jp/teacher/onepoint.html 4. エ to which その教授はその生徒に厳しく言いました、「私が講義で言及した文章を読みなさい。」 ☆ I referred to the passage in my lecture. センター試験。 http://toshinoita.blog93.fc2.com/blog-entry-421.html ビデオ。 http://seminar.every-e.com/video/364 5. ア at which 摂氏0度 (0℃) は、水が氷に変わる温度です。 ☆ Water changes to ice at zero degrees Celsius (0℃). 6. ウ what 大切なことはあなたがベストを尽くすかどうかです。 ☆ what matters is http://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=what+matters+is 7. イ when 玄関のベルが鳴った時、私は、ちょうど眠りかけていました。 ☆ 関係代名詞と言うより、接続詞と考える方がよいのでは? 8. イ which 私は台所の棚の上でその本を見つけました、そこは、私が本を見つけるとは思ってもみなかったところでした。 ☆ The kitchen shelf was the last place [where] I expected to find it. 9. イ whose 母親が喫煙する胎児は、健康問題を引き起こす危険があります。 ☆ Unborn babies are in danger of developing health problems. Their mothers smoke. 10. ア who 私がオーストラリア人だと信じたその人は、実は、アメリカ人でした。 ☆The man was in fact an American. I believed [that] 【he→whoになって前へ】was an Australian. 連鎖関係代名詞 http://homepage2.nifty.com/pspkoyama/eibunpou8.htm

a0itone
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 センター試験からの出題が多かったようで、各問題の解説のムービーを拝見しました。 1は、not…anyの用法をうっかり忘れていました。callをジーニアスで調べたら、(人が)(人・場所・番号)に電話をかける、の意味が確かに載っていました。 4,5は前置詞で迷いました。4はrefer toを知っていたので合ってましたが、5がin whichとat whichで迷い、間違いでした。atを引いたら、(価格・距離・温度…等の数値と共に)…で、の意味がありました。 文の書き換えも参考になります。丁寧な解説、助かりました。

その他の回答 (2)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.3

#2.です。訂正と補足です。 7. イ when 玄関のベルが鳴った時、私は、ちょうど眠りかけていました。 ☆ 関係代名詞と言うより、接続詞と考える方がよいのでは? と書きましたが、 7. イ when 私はちょうど眠りかけていました、その時玄関のベルが鳴りました。 ☆関係副詞(継続用法)(= and then) とすべきでした。最初、訳文もこの様に書いていたのですが、この文は、先行詞に当たるものがありません。which の継続用法には、前節の一部、または、全部を先行詞にする用法があることは、参考書などにも書かれていますが、関係副詞 when の「継続用法」にそのような用法があったか、迷いました。最近、PC だけで、調べ物を済ませてしまい、少し紙の参考書や辞書を調べれば済むのに、横着なことをしていました。ネットでは、直接URLを貼り付けにくいのですが、「ルミナス英和」に、例文とともに出ています。 ☆ルミナス英和・和英 http://www.kenkyusha.co.jp/modules/08_luminous/index.php?content_id=1 when を入力して、候補 when3 をクリックして下さい、【関係副詞】が表示されます。2.(非制限用法)に 2 [非制限用法] するとそのとき, そしてそれから (and then). ・I had not been sleeping long, when a strange noise woke me up. あまり長く眠らないうちに変な物音で目が覚めた. ・The party climbed to within 300 feet of the peak, when they paused for a rest. 一行は頂上から 300 フィート以内のところまで登ったが, そこで止まって休息した. の様に出ています。オンライン辞書としては、やや、使い辛いのですが、紙の辞書に近い編集になっています。

• kendosanko
  • ベストアンサー率35% (815/2303)
回答No.1

1 ジ 2 ブ 3 ン 4 デ 5 ト 6 キ 7 ナ 8 サ  9 イ 10 。

関連するQ&A

• 英語

1I hate the ( ) she always criticizes me. アhow イway ウmethod エstyle 2I went to Hawaii last week. That is ( ) I got suntanned. アwhy イwhat ウwhich エthat 3“Are you going somewhere during thad vacation?” “Yes, I've found a nice beach ( ) I can enjoy swimming even in February.” アhow イwhen ウwhere エwhich 4The boy ( ) used to work for our company. アyou were talking to イyou were talking ウwho you were talking エwhom you were talking 5The lady ( ) this letter of yours is addressed died last week. アwhom イto whom ウwhich エto which 6This is the new car made in America this year ( ) I spoke. アof that イof which ウthat エwhich 7The town ( ) is in Shimane Prefecture. アwhich Mori Ogai was born イin where Mori Ogai was born ウin which Mori Ogai was born エMori Ogai was born 8Social science, ( ) in 1998, is no longer taught at this college. アstudying the subject イhaving studied ウthe subject I studied エI have studied 9What everyone hates most about driving in a big city is the time ( ) to find a parking space. アit makes イthat makes ウit takes エthat takes

• 英語

1This is the very dictionary ( ) I have been looking for. アwhat イthat ウall エwhere 2He is one of the greatest pianists ( ) Japan has ever produced. アwhich イwhose ウthat エwhat  3He is a writer ( ) novels are very popular among young people. アwho イwhom ウthat エwhose 4Japanese people are great tourists. They usually visit places ( ) they haven't seen. アbecause イwhich ウwhere エwhat 5Anyone ( ) has stood in sunshine and then moved into shade knows that sunshine is warm. アwho イwhom ウwhose エwhich 6Thank you Keiko. This book is exactly ( ) I wanted. アwhat イwhich ウof which エthat 7Tom is no longer ( ) he used to be. アthat イwhich ウwhat エwhen 8In the eighteenth century, we had little idea of the effect ( ) industrial inventions would have. アthat イwhat ウwhen エwhy 9Genes, the basic parts of cells ( ) are passed eown from parents to children, may have something to do with human behaviour. アwhat イwhose ウwhich エwhere 関係代名詞(副詞)の問題です。 迷ったものが幾らかありました。

• 関係代名詞問題を解きました。採点下さい。高校入試

(1)He has an aunt( ウ  ) lives in Kobe. ア. which   イ.what    ウ.who    エ.where (2)Is this the book ( イ )you bought last Saturday? ア.who    イ.which    ウ.when    エ.what (3)She is a kind girl( エ ) everyone likes. ア.what    イ.which    ウ.whose   エ.whom (4)That is shopping center( エ ) just opened two days ago. ア.who    イ.what    ウ.which    エ.it (5)There is someone at the door ( イ )wants to see you. ア.which    イ.who    ウ.whom    エ.whose (6)The lady ( イ )was my teacher. ア.to that I spoke    イ.whom I spoke   ウ.I spoke to エ.I spoke (7)You can see the mountains( エ ) top is covered with snow ,can’t you. ア.who     イ.whose ウ.whom    エ.that (8)The day will soon come( ウ )we can make a trip to the moon. ア.where イ.what   ウ.when     エ.which (9)He lends money only to the people ( ウ )word he can trust. ア.who    イ.whose    ウ.whom    エ.which (10)Look at the boy and the dog ( エ )are running over there. ア.who   イ.which    ウ.that    エ.what

• 英語

1There are few places downtown for parking, ( ) is really a problem. アwhat イwhere ウwhich エwho 2Last winter I went to Korea, ( ) as warm as I had expected. アwhen wasn't イwhere it wasn't ウwhere wasn't エwhich it wasn't 3Last night Nancy told me about her new job in Tokyo, ( ) she appears to be enjoying very much. アwhich イwhere ウwhat エwhen 4We have two washing machines, ( ) are broken. アwhich of both イwhat of both ウboth of which エboth of what 5In the middle of the town, there stood a house, ( ) roof was brightly painted. アwhich イwhat ウof which エwhose 6Many people criticized me, but I did what ( ). アI thought I was right イI thought it was right ウI thought was right エI was thought right 7Yuriko is known for always saying ( ) comes to mind. アanymore イanything ウeveryone エwhatever 8It's not only her friends that Ms.Kimura is kind to. She helps ( ) needs her help. アwhatever イwho ウwhoever エwhom 9The hotel is really nice. Food is quite good and, ( ), the staff is friendly. 大体の問題は解答の目星がついていますが、4と7だけ、迷いました。4はwhichかbothか、7は何か決まり文句があった気がします。googleで調べましたら、whatever comes to mind があったので、解答はwhateverでしょうか。

• 英語の文法問題です。

上の問題は、答えとともに訳もつけてほしいです。問題集に回答がないのでお願いします。タイプミスがあったらごめんなさい。 1 China is a country()I´ve wanted to visit for a long time.   アwhich イwhere ウin which エto which 2 ()wines the race will receive a blue ribbon.   アEveryone イAll that ウWhoever エWhomever 3 Mary is not()she was ten years ago.   アthat イwhat ウwhen エwhy 4 ()are you going to carry such a big suitcase for?   アHow イWhat ウWhere エWhy 5 ()is to blame for the accident?   アDo you think who イWho do you think ウWhom do you think エWho do you know 1 ジョーンズ氏には二人の娘がおり、二人とも結婚している。   Mr.Jone has two daughters,(of,married,both,are,whom) 2 彼に助けを求めるしかなかった。   (could,him,ask,all,was,we,do). 3 どんなに雨がひどくても、明日は出発しなければなりません。   I must start tomorrow,(it,no,may,matter,heavily,rain,how). 4 そんなことして何の役に立つのでしょうか。   (use,is,the,doing,what,of)such a thing? 5 タンザニアではどんな言語が話されていると思いますか?   (what,think,spoken,language,are,you,do)in Tanzania? 6 私には感謝の気持ちを表す言葉がなかった。   I had(with,no,to,which,words)express my gratitude.

• 英語 選択問題 解答を教えてください。

(1)We thought it odd ( ) the man who came here last month was chosen the new manager. アthan イthat ウwhat エwhether (2)I found ( ) difficult to believe his story. アthat イit ウthis エwhich (3)Tom, ( ) was useal with him, was late for school. アit イas ウwhat エwho オwhich (4)We went to the place ( ) in her talk. アwhere she spoke of イwhich she spoke of ウthat she spoke エof that she spoke (5)I found ( ) impossible to finish this work for two days. アtoo イso ウit エthat 上記問題の解答と日本語訳を教えて頂けますか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語

解答と共に、解説を付けて頂けると助かります。文法的な解説等、よろしくお願いします。 1 We want to go to the beach in his car on Saturday, because our car still won't (). アfixed イbe fixing ウhave been fixed エhave fixed 2 In the cross-country race, Michael and Ben came first and third (). アcomparatively イrespectively ウcomparably エrespectfully 3 () for a quick decision, the chairperson called for a vote. アHis being anxious イAnxious ウHe is anxious エWith being anxious 4 () you were the President, what would you do? アSupposed イSuppose ウSupposedly エSupposition 5 He is as poor as poor () be. アcan イwould ウmust エwill 6 The children didn't have the () idea how anxious their mothers were. アslight イslighter ウslightest エslighting 7 They came back two weeks ago, () the weather has been bad. アsince when イafter which ウsince which エfrom which 8 There are few places downtown for parking, () is really a problem. アwhat イwhere ウwhich エwho 9 Many people criticized me, but I did what (). アI thought I was right イI thought it was right ウI thought was right エI was thought right 10 The development of () vehicles has become a pressing issue for automakers. アenvironmental-friendly イenvironment-friendly ウenvironmentally-friend エenvironmental-friend 1 We were surprised at his () of the fact. () our surprire, he denied the fact. 2 She said, “Please don't be noisy, boys.” She () () () not to be noisy. 3 It was fortunate that we got home before it started to rain. (), we got home before it started to rain.

• 関係詞応用問題模範解答を教えて下さい(高校受験)

(1)私には妹が二人いて、二人とも結婚している。(英作文) (2)弟は皿を割ってしまった。そのことは彼の母親をとても怒らせた。 My brother broke all the dishes,(    )made his mother very angry. (3)This is the house in the famous pianist was born. ア.whom    イ.which    ウ.that    エ.where (4)She visited the town the great musician was born. ア.which    イ.where     ウ.what    エ.when (5)私たちが月へ旅行できる日がすぐにやってくるでしょう。 The day will soon come (    )we can make a trip to the moon. (6)彼らがこられなかったのは、そのためですか。 Is that(    ) you failed to come? (7)I know the reason for which Tom was angry with them. I know the reason(    )Tom was angry with them. (8)そのようにして、私は彼と知り合いになったのです。 That’s(    ) I came to know him.

• 英語の問題です。

各問題に、訳と解答解説をつけてくださると助かります。 お願いします。 1 The air conditioner (), we had to take out our old fan from the closet.   アwas broken down イbroke down ウbeing broking down エhaving broken down 2 Wooden bridges are inferior () concrete bridges.   アfrom イto ウwith エin 3 There is no () in complaining any further.   アdoubt イpity ウpoint エpossibility 4 You´d better not work much ; () you won´t get over your fatigue.   アotherwise イunless ウso エtherefore 5 This is the () best book I´ve ever read.   アfar イmost ウmuch エvery 6 Mike goes fishing every Saturday () the weather is bad.   アexcept when イin spite of ウnevertheless エregardless of 7 He looked for a place ().   アfor how to sleep イin where to sleep ウin which to sleep エfor where to sleep 8 “Why are you so angry with him?”“He kept me waiting () two hours.”   アso long as イas long as ウvery long as エquite long as 9 This apple is not as delicious as () I bought yesterday.   アmuch as イsuch as ウit エthe one 10 I came () an old friend of mine at the station yesterday.    アover イup ウacross エat 11 I´ve run () of sugar. Will you give me some?    アfull イshort ウwant エlack 12 I was reading a book last night when Jane called ().    アme off イover me ウme up エat me 13 A fire broke () in my neighborhood last night.    アup イout ウover エinto 14 This country is so () that it takes no more than a day to drive around it.    アlarge イnarrow ウsmall エwide 15 “Is the tax () in the price?”“No. It will be added later.”    アexcluded イincluded ウconcluded エconnected

• 英語

1All things ( ) equal, I would choose the second one. アare イbeing ウto be エwere  2More than 20 passengers were ( ) injured in the accident アcommonly イrealistically ウreasonably エreportedly 3I have never met such a cold-( ) person like him. アheaded イhearted ウminded エnatured 4My mother insists that Tom ( ) at a graduate school. アmay study イstudy ウstudying エwould study 5My loom looks out ( ) the river. アagainst イfor ウin エover 6Everybody thought my chances of winning the gold medal were ( ). アenough イgood ウshallow エwide 7Some people complain that they work more hours ( ) less pay these days. アagainst イfor ウin エover イ,エ,イ,イ,イ,ウ,イにしました。 1You shouldn't try to do your homework ( ) watching TV. アwith イwhile ウand エbeside オas 2After getting married, I ( ) my job. アthrew イquit ウstopped エretired オfailed 3There is no ( ) in spending money on useless things. アway イidea ウneed エmeans オpoint 4I want to see the place ( ) he told us about. アhow イwhere ウwhich エwhen オwhat ア,エ,オ,イにしました。 1This lake is txice as deep as that lake. This lake is ( ) the ( ) of that lake. 2I will solve the puzzle whatever its complexity. I will solve the puzzle no matter ( ) ( ) it is. 2の二つ目の( )が分かりませんでした。 英作文 A: 私には、今より少なくとも2倍の広さのアパートが必要なのです。 B: 家賃は2倍払わなければならないと思いますが。