The Role of Sports in Leadership Development

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Sports have played a substantial role in the development of my thinking.
  • Baseball and other sports have provided not just enjoyment, but also a laboratory for leadership ideas and strategies.
  • Teamwork, resilience, and the importance of learning from failure are key lessons learned from sports.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします。 長くなってすみません。 Sports have played a substantial role in the development of my thinking. I am a passionate baseball fan and have studied it all my life. Baseball ― and,also football,golf,basketball,and boxing ― have provided not just enormous enjoyment but a laboratory for seeing what leadership ideas and strategies work. For example,the idea of teamwork, and the balance it provides,was always with me as mayor. Successful sports teams are never built on only one person. Even star players like Michael Jordan or Babe Ruth need strong supporting casts ― and the proof that they're true leaders is that those other players were better around Jordan or Ruth than they would have been otherwise. There are also issues of psychological conditionig. When some strategy failed while I was mayor, or somebody made a mistake, or I said something people misunderstood, I would think of baseball, and how even the best hitters fail two out of three teimes. The greatest pitchers lose some games, and lose badly. There are important skills to be learned from picking yourself up after something goes wrong, to keep moving ahead ( 2 ) letting it throw you off course. When I lost my first race for mayor, I felt that it was like losing the World Series. On the night of the election, I was reminded of the Yankees in 1976. It was their first trip to the World Series since 1964, so they were thrilled to be back on the big stage, but they were swept, losing four straight to the Cincinnati Reds. In 1977 and 1978, the Yankees came back to win two years in a row, with essentially the same team. All these players gained exposure to the World Series in 1976. Battle experience is invaluable, and difficult to replicate. It's tough to know in advance whether those around you will handle pressure. Any leader will have team members wiht more experience than others. The effective leader will encourage such people to pass their wisdom to those less experienced. Talking and sharing advice can do that, but it can be done even more effectively by example.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

スポーツは、私の考え方が発達するのに、相当な役割を演じました。 私は熱心な野球ファンです、そして、生涯ずっとそれを詳しく研究してきました。 野球 ― そして、フットボール、ゴルフ、バスケットボール、ボクシング ― は、大きな楽しみばかりでなく、どの様なリーダーシップの考えや戦略がうまく行くのかを知るための実験室を提供してくれました。 たとえば、チームワークとそれが提供するバランスについての考えは、常に市長としての私と共にありました。 成功するスポーツ・チームは、1人の人だけで、決して作られるものではありません。 マイケル・ジョーダンやベーブ・ルースのようなスタープレーヤーでさえ、強力な支えとなる脇役を必要とします ― そして、彼らが本物のリーダーであるという証拠は、それらの他の脇役のプレーヤーが、ジョーダンやルースとプレーする方が、そうでなかった場合よりも、プレーが良かったと言うことです。 精神的なコンディション調整の問題も、あります。 私の市長時代、いくつかの戦略が失敗したとき、あるいは、誰かが間違いをしたり、私が人々の誤解を招く何かを言った時、私は、よく野球のことを考え、最高の打者でさえ3打席中2打席は失敗するのだと言うことを考えたものです。 最も偉大なピッチャーでさえ、負けるゲームがあり、しかも、ひどい負け方をします。 何かがうまくいかなかったあと、上手く行かなかったことであなたを正しい方向から外れさせずに、前進し続けるために、立ち上がることから学ばれるべき重要な技術があります。 最初の市長戦に敗れたとき、私はそれがワールドシリーズで負けることに似ていると感じました。 選挙の夜に、私は1976年のヤンキースを思い出しました。 ワールドシリーズに臨むのは、1964年以降彼らにとって初めてでした、それで、彼らは大舞台に戻ることにぞくぞくしていました、しかし、彼らは一蹴されました、シンシナティ・レッズにストレートで4連敗したのです。 1977年と1978年に、基本的に同じチームで、ヤンキースは、2年連続優勝するために戻ってきました。 すべてのこれらの選手は、1976年にワールドシリーズの出場を経験していました。 戦った経験は非常に貴重で、再現するのが困難です。 あなたの周囲の連中がプレッシャーに対処できるかどうか、前もって知るのは、困難です。 どんなリーダーにも、他の連中より多くの経験を持った、チーム・メンバーがいます。 能力を発揮するリーダーは、そのような人々がより経験豊かでない人々に彼らの知恵を伝えることを奨励します。 話して、アドバイスを共有することで、そうすることはできますが、それは実例によってより効果的に伝えることが出来るのです。 ☆ (2) without

ksxxxx
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

#1.です。訂正です。後半の >In 1977 and 1978, the Yankees came back to win two years in a row, with essentially the same team. の文を、 >1977年と1978年に、基本的に同じチームで、ヤンキースは、2年連続優勝するために戻ってきました。 と訳しましたが、この ... came back to win two years in a row ... の部分は、「目的」ではなく「結果」を表わす不定詞の副詞的用法の様です。従って、訳文を ★1977年と1978年に、基本的に同じチームで、ヤンキースは、(ワールドシリーズの舞台に)戻って来て、2年連続優勝を果たしました。 のように変更します。失礼しました。 <参考> MLBワールドシリーズ歴代優勝チーム http://www1.odn.ne.jp/haru/data-result/mlb-w_series.html

ksxxxx
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします!!

The sports people play in America and Japan tend to be quite similar. However, the way these sports are played in each society shows diffrences that reflect both cultures.  Though professional baseball teams in America and Japan play by the some rules, many aspects of the game are approached differently. A difference can be seen just by looking at the players and the game. Japanese players usually have a neat hairstyle without a beard or moustache, while American players wear their hair in various ways. Japanese players tend to practice much more than American players. December is the only month when Japanese players don't practice, while American players have three or four months of holidays during the off-season. Moreover, on game days. Japanese players spend most of the day (practice).  These approaches to baseball, the practice time is seen as a way to persevere and show effort. It not only improves performance, but builds group harmony. However, American players don't care about harmony or perseverance. Instead, the most important thing is better to save their energy, which will (win/them/give/chance/to/a better). As long asthe team wins, harmony and perseverance don't matter.  Another difference in baseball involves the relationship between the manager and the players. In japan, the manager has complete control over the players and (to/them/do/what/tells) in many situations. In America, the players are freer to play the game as they like, and even when they are told what to do by their manager, they sometimes disagree and do something different. If the player's decision is correct and it helps the team win, the player is usually (5). ( )の中は並び替えと適切な形にしてください。 (5)は(fired/punished/forgiven/ignored)の中から選んでください!! お願いします!!  

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英語の和訳お願いします。

''It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." The Victorian age was one of soaring ambition, technological wonder, and awesome grandeur, as well as ugliness, and misery on an unprecended scale. The Victorians knew life was changing faster than ever before, and they recorded that change in paintings that were the cinema of their day. These paintings aren't fashionable, and they don't generally change hands for millions of pounds in auction rooms, but to me they're a gold mine, they show us like nothing else what it was like to live in those incredible times, and they tell amazing stories. The most dramatic story of the age was the explosion of giant cities. To our Victorian forefathers they were a terrific shock. When Queen Victoria came to the throne, people were at best uneasy at, and at worst utterly terrified by these vast gatherings of humanity. Nothing like them had existed before. But by the time she died, the men and women of the age had pioneered an entirely new way of living: they had invented the modern city. At the dawn of the 19th century, Britain was on the move. Rumours had reached even the remotest villages and hamlets of incredible developments just over the horizon. Towns bigger than anyone could imagine, astouding new machines, and money to be made for those ready to take the risk. My own great-great-great-grandfather was in that tide of humanity that left the land in search of a better life. He, his wife and four of their children travelled to the industrial north by barge. They didn't really know what they'd find here, but they did know what they were leaving behind, and whatever they were to find here, it was better than begging for handouts or going hungry.

• 和訳を教えてください

和訳を教えてください In regions where they have a lot of water,they don't realize what a real luxury it is to those who live where they have little water. よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をお願いします。

【1】  At last l was in Japan. l stepped out of the plane into the Narita Airport building for the first time. l was walking towards immigration when 1 saw it. It was the first time in my life. Two Japanese were standing in front of each other bowing, bowing, and bowing. They seemed to bow for even There was something else though - something very shocking. They were saying many things, but I could not understand. For the first time, l was in a country where I could not even guess a single word of the local language. To me, whatever those two people were saying to each other, it just sounded like noise. However, I could pick up one of the sounds very clearly. It was DOMO.  On the way out of the airport, I could hear again and again that same domo l had to find out what it was. Walking right beside me was a French businessman on his second two-day trip to Japan. He looked like an expert on things Japanese. “Well” he said, “my experience has taught me that it means something like thank you." Then he went on explaining:. "Whenever you want to thank anyone for anything and be polite at the same tune. just say ‘domo and it will be all right. And don*t forget. You have to bow every time you say thank you.* On hearing that I said to myself‘Oh, this is a very useful expression. I must remember it”

• 和訳

和訳例をお願いします。どちらも同じ長文から引っ張ってきた文です。一部分なので、わかりにくいかもしれませんが、お願いします。 ・I spoke to them in Spanish because I had thoughts and feelings that I knew I could only communicate to them in the language in which my mind works. I wanted to express myself genuinely, so that they could know me as I really am, rather than an English-language version of me. ・Not only did my mother not speak to me in Danish, but my parents were also both fluent In German and French and they refused to teach me those, too. They felt it would slow down my development in English, that I would get confused while working out how all the bits fit together. itの具体的内容もお願いします。

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m1

"It has been almost thirty years since Roberto Clemente's tragic death, and still today he is remembered as one of the greatest baseball players and humanitarians of all time. We have chosen this special day to honor his greatness. September 18 will be known as 'Roberto Clemente Day."' On September 30, 1972, the Pittsburgh Pirates player Roberto Clemente of Puerto Rico was just one hit short of three thousand. Only nine other players in the 103-year history of baseball had made so many hits. At a ball park in Pittsburgh, over thirteen thousand Pirates fans were waiting for Roberto's historic hit. All over Latin America also, hundreds of thousands of people sat listening to their radios. They were hoping for their hero's success. The Pirates star hit a fastball hard. It went deep into left-center field. It was a two-base hit. The fans got very excited, but no one knew it was to be Roberto's last hit.

• 和訳してください\(+×+)/

question:I have difficulty sleeping at night and often find that it takes me two hours to nod off. Yet when I travel as a passenger in a car, bus or train, I find that I can fall asleep in minutes, often without intending to, and even while listening to music. I have woken up at the end of a journey only to fall into bed and be unable to sleep. Why is it that the quiet, relaxing and comfortable environment of a bed is less likely to let me sleep? answer:I too used to suffer from the 'fall asleep anywhere except in bed' syndrome. My idea was that it was mostly caused by my state of mind. When traveling, the noise and warmth can help sleepiness occurーtogether with the fact that one is usually not supposed to be doing anything. However, at bedtime it seemed that my mind would start some serious thinking because there was nothing to disturb me. That, together with the anxiety of looking at the clock past midnight, giving notice of another sleepless night, would keep me awake.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) Stamp collecting began as soon as the first stamps went on sale.Since the Penny Black ( 25 ),it was a great curiosity. Many people collected Penny Blacks as souvenirs;some even tired to gather enough stamps to cover the walls of a room. It was not long before other countries began to issues stamps and collectors eagerly sought as many as they could find. In those days it was a fairly simple matter to collect all existing stamps. Now it is( 26 ). The countries of the world have issued so many thousand of stamps since 1840 that it would be impossible for any individual to collect every one of them.

• 英語 長文の和訳をお願いいたします。

how we got here perry's display of american technology and weaponry was succesful in opening japan, and during the first three decades of the meiji period the U.S. served as a model for japanese modernization, but it was never an equal relationship. americans were the teachers and were more than happy in their role, teaching the japanese everything from english to baseball to military strategy. they believed that God had given them the best country and the best civiliza-tion in the word, and that their duty was to spread their culture to others.