• ベストアンサー

based on

The script of this presentation was made based on the his talks. The script of this presentation was made, based on the his talks. この文章はどちらの方が正しいですか? based onの前にカンマは必要ですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.4

カンマと the は不要。 ただ、 言いたいことは This is the transcript of his presentation や Presentation Transcript だけですんでしまいます。 文が冗長すぎるのでその点の再考が必要でしょう。

その他の回答 (3)

• drmuraberg
  • ベストアンサー率71% (847/1183)
回答No.3

どちらも間違っています。 理由:the his talks → his talks。 上の文 made based on は変な表現です。 手直しするなら The script of this presentation was made on the basis of his talks. または We made the script of this presentation based on his talks. でしょうか。 下の文 The script of this presentation was made, based on his talks. は意味は通りますが、何か呟きシロウみたいでとても変です。 下記URLを参考にしてください。 http://www.englishforums.com/English/BasedOnOnTheBasisOf/wgrqv/post.htm

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.2

カンマは入れません。

DUOUIS
質問者

お礼

http://eow.alc.co.jp/based+on/UTF-8/?pg=2 Based on an assumed average annual increase of 14.2% on the figures at the time -- 10,428 in 1983, the plan was to have received an amalgamated total of one hundred thousand foreign students including ten thousand foreign students by national expenditure by the beginning of the 21st century. based onが前に来る場合にはカンマがいるようなのですが、 後だと入れてはならないのですか?

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.1

どちらも間違っています。「his talks」とは何ですか? 全体的にどのようなことを言いたいのでしょう? 補足していただければアドバイスできるかもしれません。

関連するQ&A

• calculate based on~の文法的説明

こんにちは。 This figure is calculated based on~ という文章があったのですが、 このbased on以下が文法的によくわかりません。 例)build one's image based on~ 例)のように分詞の修飾なら、このbased onの前に名詞がくると 思うので、そのパターンにはあてはまらないし、based on とcalculateの間に「,」があって This figure is calculated,(which is) based on~ と修飾されているわけでもないので、、悩んでいます よろしくお願い致します。

• distributed based on need

All food was distributed based on need. すべての食品が必要に基づいて配布されました。 distribute もbased も動詞のように見えます。 Verbが2つ並んでいるのでしょうか。 "based" の品詞を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• なぜカンマを前につけるのでしょうか

●1 The vivid film is based on the autobiography of a merchant who lived through the reign of the terror in which innumerable people were slaughtered. ●2 The solar system, to which planets like Earth and Mars, asteroids, and comets belong, was formed approximately 4.5 billion years ago. ●1では in which の前にはカンマがついてないのに、なぜ ●2では to which の前にカンマがついてるのでしょうか? ●2の to which の前のカンマと belong の後のカンマを外しては文法的にだめですか?

• 前置詞句を文頭に持ってきた場合について

At the heart of his philosophy was the distinction he made between two kinds of scientific theories. の文章は元の形は The distinction he made between two kinds of scientific theories was at the heart of his philosophy. だと思うんですが元の文と比べると倒置されています 否定表現のように前置詞句が文頭に来ると必ず(一般に)倒置されるのでしょうか? また倒置する目的は強調させるためですか、それとも読みやすくするためですか 教えて頂けると嬉しいです

• 英語の訳をお願いします。

以下の英語の訳をお願いいたします。 →(やじるし)で書いてあるところは、自分で訳してみたものです。上手く訳せません… また、文法的な説明もしていただけると嬉しいです。 (1)This in turn made the thin plate in the recording unit vibrate. →?(わかりませんでした…) このmadeはどういった意味のものでしょうか。 This in turn とは? (2)This resulted in vibration of the needle. →これはその針の振動という結果になった。 (3)The needle was placed on the cylinder, leaving a mark on the tin as the cylinder was turned. →その針は円筒の上に配置され、(以下よくわかりません。) leaving以下はどういった文法で書かれているのでしょうか。 このasはどう訳せばいいですか? (4)That mark showed the pattern of the sound waves. →その印は音波のパターンを示した。 (5)As for playback,the cylinder was turned again, (6)and the needle in the playback unit was made to run along the mark. →再生に関する限りでは、円筒は再び化した(?) →そして再生装置の針は印に沿って作られた。 (5)のbe turnedあたりと、(6)のmadeの訳し方がわかりません…。 andと、その前のコンマはどういう意味合いがありますか? 以上よろしくお願いいたします。

• on the one's back の意味

on the boy's back の部分がうまく訳せません。 熟語、慣用句的な表現だと思うのですが、 意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 ・・・・ ある大学教授は、10代の息子と仲が悪かった。 This man's entire life was essentially academic, and he felt his son was totally wasting his life by working with his hands instead of working to develop his mind. As a result, he was almost constantly on the boy's back,... 結果として彼はほとんど絶えず 『その少年の{背中・後ろ}にいた』

• この英文を日本語に訳してください

1She speaks in a high voice. 2His record for the 100 meters was broken. 3The children were making a lot of noise. 4You can see wild monkeys in this area. 5I wish we had more space in our office. 6What can we do to save the environment? 7We crossed the Italian border at night. 8Dial 911 in case of emergency. 9That’s my favorite scene in this movie. 10This room has a fine view of the ocean. 11The distance between Paris and Berlin is 650 miles. 12Do you know the names of all the continents? 13We could see a ship on the horizon. 14Put some olive oil on the spaghetti. 15The door was made of glass. 16This metal is made of pure gold. よろしくお願いします。

• 簡単な数学(in English)

Phillip charged $400 worth of goods on his credit card. On his first bill, he was not charged any interest, and he made a payment of $20. He then charged another $18 worth of goods. On his second bill a month later, he was charged 2% interest on his entire unpaid balance. How much interest was Phillip charged on his second bill? (1)問題の意味 (2)解き方 が分かりません。 教えてください!! よろしくお願いいたします。

• stay on top of his job

Two years ago, my husband’s personality drastically changed overnight. Months later, after showing him one of your columns, I convinced him to see a doctor. It turns out he had a minor stroke at the age of 40. He did not notice the change; however, I was concerned because his short-term memory was very limited, common sense was gone, and he was no longer affectionate or attentive with me. The first year was really hard, I helped him stay on top of his job, and I wrote extensive notes so he wouldn’t forget to feed our kids or forget to drop them off at day care on his way into work. stay on top of his jobはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、on his way into workはon his way to workと言っても同じことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• becauseとon account of

この文を見ました。 The night game was called off on account of a heavy rain. ここのon account ofをbecauseに変えてもいいのですか? もしできたら、it was heavy raining.と後ろを変えないといけないですよね。 ゲームとかの中止の理由にbecauseより、on account ofがよく使われるとかってありますか? お願いします。