• ベストアンサー

この英文について教えてください

Derek found an ideal environment in which to learn foreign languages. なんですがこの英文を2文に分けるとどうなりますか? 二文に分けるというのは 例えば He has a clever son of whom he is proud.は He has a clever son. He is proud of him. の2文に分けれます

• kirofi
  • お礼率72% (466/647)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#224896
noname#224896
回答No.1

Derek found an ideal environment. Derek learned foreign languages in an ideal environment. 分離すると,こうかな.もしくは,以下の文章かな., Derek found an ideal environment. He learned foreign languages there.

kirofi
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます Derek found an ideal environment. Derek learned foreign languages in an ideal environment.だとすると Derek found an ideal environment. Derek learned foreign languages in which.となり Derek found an ideal environment in which (Derek) learned foreign languages.となりますよね けど元の文はDerek found an ideal environment in which to learn foreign languages.だから to learnにはならないんじゃないのですか?

その他の回答 (2)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.3

to learn foreign languageのところがちゃんとした文章になっていないので、何か言葉を補わないと二文になりません。 例えば、 Derek found an ideal environment in which (he is) to learn foreign languages. のように考えれば、 Derek found an ideal environment. He is to learn foreign languages in it(the ideal environment). でしょうか。

回答No.2

Derek found an ideal environment to learn foreign languages. でないと文が成立しません。 英語の語学力の問題というより、パズルの類ですか?

関連するQ&A

• 英語の問題で困っています。

問題:he has a clever son of whome he is proud. Whomeが来る理由は分かるのですが、なぜ he has a clever son whome he is proud of. ではいけないのでしょうか? 教えてください!

• he is proud that he has raised such a good crop of riceを単文に

he is proud that he has raised such a good crop of riceを単文に したいのですが、 he is proud of him who raised sucha good crop of rice でよいでしょうか、(ちょっとちがうとおもうのですが、、 どなたかおわかりになりましたら、ご教示お願いします

• 次の文で、

「彼は自分の息子が消防士であることを誇りに思っている。」という文は、 He is proud of his son being a firefighter.とあったのですが、ここのhis sonの品詞?って何なんでしょうか? もし、息子ではなく、「彼女が消防士」の場合は、 He is proud of she being a firefighter. となるのでしょうか?

• he is proud that his father has three fordsを書き換える

he is proud that his father has three fordsを he is proud ofに書き換えたときは、 he is proud of hisfather having three fords になるのでしょうかそれとも he is proud of hisfather for having three fords になるのでしょうか? よろしくおねがいします

• 英語の問題【whichの使い方】

この問題がよく分かりません。正解とその文法をおしえてください。 As a child,Derek was exposed to an ideal enviroment(続きは下のどれかいいか?) 1,in which foreign languages to be learnt 2,in which to learn foreign languages 3,learning foreign languages in 4,which to learn foreign languages もし、スペルミスがありましたら僕のミスです。

• 前置詞+whomの関係代名詞の書き換え

This seminar is designed to improve the spoken language skills of people for whom English is a second language. 上記を2つの文に分けるとどうなりますか? 例えば、「He is the man for whom I am looking.」を2つの文に分けると「He is the man. + I am looking for him.」となるように。

• 教えて下さい!以下の英文は合っていますか?

教えて下さい!以下の英文は合っていますか? (1)『政府はマルチリンガル政策を推し進めている』 →The government has promoted the multilingual policy. (2)『彼は外国語習得において高い意識を持っている』 →He has high level of awareness of learning foreign languages. (3)『ヨーロッパ人にとって英語は学びやすい』 →It's easy to learn English for the European. (Learning English is easy for the European.) ※これは、 the Europeanでいいのか、ただEuropeanだけでいいのか、それとも複数形でthe Europeans(Europeans)にするのか教えて下さい。

• 英文の翻訳をお願いしたいです

以下の文章を翻訳お願いします He has a negative side that is proud and sullen. Too proud to admit when his ambitions are falling or brining ruin on him. He struggles on, but not stupidly or blindly. He try’s to salvage himself, help himself. He admits to himself he is going down, but not to others. One who harbors jealousies and can be sometimes spiteful. Quick tempered, but not so much with people, it is more when everything goes badly or goes wrong, or when he makes mistakes. He gets angry at objects, situations, may slam the door, or slam things down. The incompetence of others also angers or irritates him. He can become unapproachable and lonely when angry. He brings many troubles on himself by this. One who has both good an evil fortunes. An interest in the history of times and places and the making of new chapters in the destiny of his life. His circumstance have made his life not a fixed one. and he will have encountered many interesting changes of friends partners, work and environments before he finally settles down. He is generous to those close or those he wants to impress. but sometimes wasteful, buys foolish possessions, that belong to some impractical ideal in his head. Or is impulsively foolish at a time when he has little to be impulsive with..

• 英文の訳をお願いします

以下の文章を訳していただけますか。お願いします。 He deeply desires, a true friend, someone whom he can express his feelings and thoughts to. People and relationships are important to him despite his independent exterior. He is interested in the lives and affairs of those close to him. He is an excellent arbitrator, negotiator and peace maker and meddler in other peoples problems. But not soft B, he is as forceful as he feels is necessary for achieving his own aims and ambitions, and if he feels others are not appreciative of what he is trying to do, then he will consider them unworthy of his time and efforts and he will take back what ever efforts he has made on their behalf, or whatever he has given then, When he gives to people it is not free, even if it just advice, it comes on loan. And at some point the loan is recalled. The favour owed is collected like a debt by him.

• 動名詞意味上の主語の目的格について

(1)I'm proud of his (him) winning the prize.はhis, himどっちでもいいのは習いました。 him でいい場合、もしheではなく、my sonとかRiz (知り合いの子)、Bell the dog(ペット)だったりすると、 (2)I'm proud of my son's winning the prize. (3)I'm proud of Riz's winning the prize. (4)I'm proud of Bell the dog's winning the prize. になるのがformalなのでしょうか?あんまり、これらになると'sの形はみられなくなってほとんど目的格っぽい、つまり所有格にみえない('sがない)形が多いです。 ほんとのところ やっぱ I'm proud of my son winning the prize. I'm proud of Riz winning the prize. I'm proud of Bell the dog winning the prize. とかが普通に使われる文なのでしょうか? 字数が増えるのが嫌だから使われない?それとも人称代名詞以外では、所有格自体は使われないというルールがあるのでしょうか? 教えてください。例文もほとんど見つけられなかったので、よくわかりません。