• 締切済み

Turn again to lifeの訳を教えて

9.11の追悼式典で読まれていた A. Price Hughes & Mary Lee Hall の Turn again to life はどういう意味になりますか? 下の訳詩を教えて下さい。 If I should die and leave you here awhile, be not like others, sore undone, who keep long vigils by the silent dust, and weep. For my sake, turn again to life and smile, nerving thy heart and trembling hand to do something to comfort weaker hearts than thine. Complete those dear unfinished tasks of mine, and I perchance may therein comfort you.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

もし私が死んで暫しこの地を離れることがあれば、 癒されない悲しみの中で、物言わぬ亡骸の傍らで、 涙に暮れながら、寝ずの番などしないで。 お願いだから、もう一度人生に向き合って微笑んで。 自身の心を励まし、あなたより心が弱っている人の役に立つよう、 その震える手を差し出してあげて。 この未完のままの私の愛しい仕事を引き継いで終わらせて。 それで私はやっと、あなたを慰めることになるのだから。 おおよその内容は上記の通りです。

crystaly
質問者

お礼

さっそくの回答、ありがとうございました。 ニュースで聞いていてすごくいい詩だと思ったのですが 詳しい訳がわからなかったのですごく助かりました。 nervingは励ますって意味だったのですね。

関連するQ&A

• it is for you to obeyについて

添付ファイル文章の It’s for you to obey ,trembling creation ,and not to have desires ,の解釈について理解できないところがあります。 これはit’s 形容詞/名詞 for A to do の形と捉えたいんですが、 今回は名詞にあたるのがtrembling creation でいいのかどうか分からないです。 (そなたらが)従うのが、震えおののく万物で、生物である? と何おかしくなります。 また、trembling creation がyou をさらに特定した語と捉えると、 形容詞/名詞がないので、 震えおののく、そなたらが従う  というbe'事実があること言っている?と分からなくなります。 解説お願いします。

• 訳を教えてください。

以下の訳を教えてください。 特に1はneeding sleep and toss and turnのところです。「眠りたいけど寝付けない」でしょうか? 1When you worry about needing sleep and toss and turn trying to find comfortable position. 2Are you preoccupied with sleep?

• Second Life(セカンドライフ)に入れません。

先ほど登録・インストールを完了し、セカンドライフを起動。 ここまでは問題なかったのですが、起動後アカウント・パスワードを入力しいざログインと思ったら、 Unable to connect to Second Life The system maybe down. Please try again in a few minutes,or click Help for advice and link to the system status web page. と出て入れません。 どうしたらいいのでしょう?

• "but again"の使い方

2点質問があります。 Ashley: Are you going to take anything else? Jake: They say it rains cats and dogs in the spring, but again, I'll probably just wait and pick up a raincoat or an umbrella later on. "but again"の訳と"I'll probably just wait"で何を"待つ"のか理解できません。 Ashley: Do you need any clothing for formal occasions? Jake: Well, you never know when you might needs something on the spur of the moment for a wedding or maybe someone's graduation, or a nice date, so I'll probably take some nice slacks, a dress shirt, and a couple (of) crazy ties or two. 自分の話で、"Well, you never"と主語が"I"ではなく"you"であるのは何故でしょうか。 また、最後の"a couple (of) crazy ties or two"で"a couple of"とあるにも関わらず再度"or two"とあるのはどのようなニュアンスでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• second life  ログインできない

second life で新しく ソフト 1.18.2.1をダウンロードしたところ下記の... second life で新しく ソフト 1.18.2.1をダウンロードしたところ下記の文字がでてログインできなくなりました。 どうしたらよいでしょうか? unable to connect to second life DNS could not resolve the host name please verify that you can,connect to the www,secondlife.com web site,if you can,but continue to receive this error, please go to the support section and report this problem

• 訳を教えてください

2つの文章の和訳を教えてください。主語とかが省略されている気がするのですが、1つ1つの単語はわかっても何が言いたいのか掴めません。 ★For what really is the future - but hope and dreams the way we wish things would be - not saying it will be that way. Just like the past is our perception of things that have happened in our life. ★Life is more easy and calmer for simpler people, but much more earth shattering, lip trembling, and aggressive for those who don't just take what is given to them...

• この英文の訳の解説をお願いします。

(1)As we look forward with vision and dreams, we aim to continue offering food and health products that bring new joy to people's lives everywhere. (2)Always a step ahead,the Kirin Grroup supports health,pleasure and comfort in your life. この(1)の文頭のasはどう訳したいいいでしょうか? また、(2)のAlways a step aheadの訳をお願いします。

• 英文の日本語訳について。

E・M・フォスターの言葉です。 “Did you ever dream you had a friend, Alec? Someone to last your whole life and you his. I suppose such a thing can’t really happen outside sleep.” これをわたしなりに意訳すると、 「ねえアリス、生涯続く友達がいるなんて想像したことあったかい?ぼくは、そんなことは夢の中以外ではおこらないと思うんだ。」 この訳も自信がありませんが、特に引っかかっているのは、 Someone to last your whole life and you his. の部分です。Someone to last your whole life というのは、「生涯友人でいられる誰か」と思うのですが、その後の and you his. という箇所が何を意味しているのかわかりません。 アドバイスがありましたらよろしくお願いします。

• 訳を教えてください。

1.Scientific, prediction-oriented natal, event, and electional astrology for strategic forecasting and life-planning. 2.astrology enables you to make the correct decisions at exactly the right times to enhance your business and financial interests,maximize profits, select employees, and avoid liabilities, losses, and setbacks, and also to plan important life events like marriage~ 星占いは正しい貴方にこれからの可能性を伝えます。仕事、財産、最大の利益、人材等、負債、・つまずき、そして又大切な人生の出来事、結婚等~ 1.はうまく訳せませんでした。 今度友人が日本人向け占星術のHPを作りので解かり易く訳したいのです。少し長くて申しわけないのですが、よろしくお願い致します。

• 日本語訳をお願いします!

長いですが日本語に訳をお願いします! aspect→アスペクト past life→過去世 His eighth house conjuncts your eleventh house in Cancer. Theeighth house is about death and reincarnation and past lives.The eleventh house is friendship and hope. This shows that in a past life you knew each other, you lived in the same area, possible the same building or close neighbourhood in early life and grew up as friends. The part of the past incarnation spentwith him was a period of life that felt secure and happy, and safe. A feeling that you would like to return to in this life. I cannot tell how long you knew each other in the past incarnation, but you had a friendship that was deep enough to want to carry it through to other lives. Or to want to return to.This aspect is only one of friendship, it doesn’t show what else happened in the past life, you’d need the other aspects to know that, and this is a synastry not a karmic synastry. But its was not an ordinary friendship. You spent time together in homely places and with creative people. There may have been long gaps in the friendship. One of you may have had to wait for the other to return home, to continue the friendship. You were also both with your family’s and local community Which suggest it happened at a young age, in that life., The friendship between you is never destroyed with this sign. You would have both wished to meet in another incarnation and you have, and will do so in many future incarnations.