• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:どうか教えて下さい!!)

Rock and Roll: The Enduring Power of a Musical Phenomenon

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the fascinating history and impact of rock and roll music, from its humble beginnings to its present-day popularity.
  • Despite being dismissed by some as lacking intellectual depth, rock and roll has consistently captivated audiences and defied expectations.
  • From the early days of Elvis Presley to the iconic Beatles and the modern rock stars of today, the genre's enduring legacy is undeniable.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • alamoana
  • ベストアンサー率43% (28/65)
回答No.1

★alamoana★と申します。 gteikoのご質問には,以前お答えしたことがありましたが, スペリング等に関しては,几帳面なお方との印象を受けましたので, 今回も原文に誤りは無いと仮定した上で回答させていただきます。 まず,翻訳する上でいくつかポイントとなる点について述べます。 ●pretend to be 通常,これは, X pretends to be Y. (XがYのふりをする) のように訳されますが,もちろん,ここではマズイでしょう。 この部分は少し工夫する必要があります。 ●divided これは,動詞ではなくてその次のopinionsにかかる形容詞です。 ●net worth これは(おそらく北米の)経済学用語で, 「純資産」と訳されますが,もちろん,ここでは比喩的に訳さないといけません。 私ならば,「真価」などとしますが, inherent net worth となっているので,「本来の真価」でしょうか。 ちょっと冗長な感じがしますが,これは原文が冗長だからです。 inherentとnetは似たような意味を持っていますから。 ●staying power この熟語は,普通の辞書には載っていないかも知れません。 「持続力」とか「寿命」とでも訳しましょうか。 ●be here to stay 「根づいた」とか「定着した」という意味です。 * Although rock music has rarely pretended to be a stronghold of intellectual discourse, it has long stimulated sharply divided opinions as to its inherent net worth. When, in the 1950s, Jackie Gleason proclaimed that Elvis "can't last," he certainly underestimated the commercial staying power of this odd new form of entertainment. Indeed, from Bill Haley to the Beatles to today's costumed practitioners of big-business rock, it seems that rock and roll truly is, as Danny and the Juniors predicted, "here to stay". (全訳) ロックが,知的な議論を戦わせる対象という形をとったことはこれまでほとんどなかったが, その本来的真価について人々の意見が真っ二つに分かれるという点に関しては長い歴史を持つ。 1950年代にジャッキー・グリーソンが「プレスリーは長続きしないよ」と公言したとき, 彼はこの新規なエンターテインメントの商業的寿命を明らかに過小評価していたといえよう。 実際,長続きしないどころか,ビル・ヘイリーからビートルズ, そして今日のロック巨大産業を生業とする芸能人に至るまで, ダニー&ザ・ジュニアーズが予言したように,ロックンロールはたしかに「根づいた」といってよい。

gteiko
質問者

お礼

前もお世話になりましたが、今回も本当にありがとうございます、助かります!! 気をつけるポイントをあげてもらって、とても分かりやすいです。 あと、 「プレスリーは長続きしないよ」と公言したとき の部分が、なるほど!!そうかー!と思いました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• この英語の問題の解答を教えてください。

この英語の問題の解答を教えてください この問題の解答を教えてください。 意味に注意して( )内の動詞を必要に応じて適当な形にしてください。 1,I heard the song (sing) in Chinese. 2,I heard my mother (call) my brother. 3,The actor left quickly, but he had his photograph (take) by some fans. 4,The actor always has his hair (cut) by a famous hairdresser. 日本語の意味に合うように( )内に適当な一語を入れなさい。 1、ブラウン先生はロックが好きなようだ。 Mr.brown ( ) to ( ) rock music. It seems that Mr.Brown ( ) rock music. 2、ブラウン先生はロックが好きだったようだ。 Mr.Brown ( ) to( ) ( ) rock music. It seems that Mr.Brown ( ) rock music. 先生の好きなものについてthat以下を変えて言いなさい。

• この英語訳でよろしいでしょうか?訳してて、とても変なのですが。。

It may be that japan,even thought it has no natural resources and must make and sell things to survive,does not have to work as hard as it does:and if the eagerness to work gradually declines,we may expect that the whole pace and rhythm of the land will change. もしかしたら日本は天然資源がないかもしれないけれども、生き残るために作ったり売らなければいけない。でも、懸命に働かなくてもいい(?)そして、もし熱心に働くということが下降線をたどるなら 私たちは全体のペーストリズムが変わることを期待するかもしれない.

• Certificate of Existence

会社存続証明書の日本語訳を宜しくお願いします。 limited liability company duly organized under the laws of the state of South Carolina on June 24th, 2010, with a duration that is at will, has as of this date filed all reports due this office, paid all fees, taxes and penalties owed to the secretary of state, that the secretary of the state has not mailed notice to the company that it is subject to begin dissolved by administrative action pursuant to section 33-44--809 of the South Carolina Code, and that the company has not filed articles of termination as of the date hereof. 自分の英語力では難しく、英語が堪能な方宜しくお願いします

• come outとcome

英語やり直し組です It really is important for me to come out here and first hand see the situation and there is no question a lot of people are suffering and there is no question there has been terrible losses. (1)come out hereが使われていますがcome hereでは駄目なのでしょうか? 調べた所come out hereで「ここに来る」という意味らしいのですがこういう場面でのcome out hereとcome hereは同じ意味なのでしょうか? President Bush has toured fire-ravaged parts of California, where he met with firefighters and families that have lost their homes to wildfires. (2)to wildfiresと書かれていますがtoでもいいのでしょうか? 前日にも同じような質問をしましたが、今回はtoだとおかしいように思えます。原因ならforやwithなどではないのでしょうか? お願いします。

• has hasについて

時制のことで質問です、For him to come up here and do as well as he has has been fun to watchとShe has has taught and studied in Spain という文は、どのように訳せばいいのでしょうか? hasが二つも続くのでうまく理解できません。回答おねがいします。

• 和訳お願いします

2回目です やっぱり訳に自信が持てません・・・ よろしくお願いします Under the law,these four restaurants can stay,but the opening of new ethnic and fast food restaurants within the city walls is banned.This law has struck many people here as contrary to the rules of free-market capitalism and the notion that Italy can offer more than vision of its long-dead past. struck…as~:(人に)~という印象を与える free-market capitalism:自由市場資本主義 vision of its long-dead past:昔のままの風景

• 英語の質問です!

People in Japan like to have raccoons as pets, but (it) has become illegal. について。 かっこのitが指しているものを抜き出しなさい。 The purpose of these regulations is to protect the biodiversity,people, and agriculture of Japan from species that do not live here naturally. (1)that do not live here naturally.が修飾している語をかきなさい。 They have also affected some bird habitats,making it difficult for birds to build nests.について。 itが指しているものを抜き出しなさい。

• 英文の全訳をどうかお願いします

Another significant problem is the Americanization of Japan. Many Japanese feel that the price of development has been the substitution of American culture and values for traditional Japanese culture and values. Wherever one goes in Japan, in rural as well as urban areas, one sees the symbols of Amer-icanization--fast-food restaurants, American music, American-style clothing, American sports, American movies, even California sake and California maki. More and more young salarimen who travel to America for business and pleasure come back with a desire for the affluence and freedom of their American counterparts. Indeed, some Japanese businessmen who are sent to the U.S. for training never come back. The desirability and inevitability of the Amer-icanization of Japan will be discussed in another chapter. Suffice it to say here that it has become the symbol of change brought on by Japan's economic success.

• 訳せません

I don't think politically they have overcome I think one of the big tests, which this has the, you know, every appearance, and not just appearance but substance, of trying to do this on a party line vote in the way that Democrats did it. 私は、彼らが政治的に大きな試練を乗り越えてきたとは思いません。 あらゆる外観に形を変えて現れる、大きな試練をです。 いや、単に外観だけでなく、党の路線に沿った票に関して、民主党員のやり方でこれに臨もうとする実質としてもです。 訳せません。 every appearanceとは何でしょうか 全体をどう訳しますか? 状況解説は下記のとおりです (中略) So I really look at the revisions of this bill as an attempt to bring on those folks who have expressed reservations. And we will see over the next week whether that is successful. CAMEROTA: David Gregory, here's our visual representation of those who have reservations. Here's our graphic. And you see that it's six people, which is a tough, you know, hill to climb. So you have Rand Paul, McCain, Collins, Murkowski, Ted Cruz, and Mike Lee. So how is all of this going to work before September 30? GREGORY: Well, I don't know is the answer. And I think that, you know, what we've seen is kind of handicappers on how much momentum it has and how much has been lost. I think this is going to be very difficult, as it was before. And I don't think politically they have overcome I think one of the big tests, which this has the, you know, every appearance, and not just appearance but substance, of trying to do this on a party line vote in the way that Democrats did it.

• 和訳をお願い致します。

These have already been actioned. If you refer to the attachments that you sent me it states that on the 03/12/2014 there was a reversal of $9.88 the original mailing statement has been charged for the amount of $6.18 As for the second discrepancy for the $3.80, this has also been reversed and re charged on the 07/01/2015 for the amount of $1.95 Everything has been reversed and charged accordingly *Amended request for Invoice No.xxxxxxxx

このQ&Aのポイント
  • ブラウザのアップデートURLがブロックされる問題に対処方法はあるのか
  • craving explorerを使用している際にアップデートURLがブロックされる問題が発生する
  • ESETセキュリティ ソフトウェア シリーズを使用している場合にブラウザのアップデートURLがブロックされる問題が起きる
回答を見る