• ベストアンサー

catch of the day

戦争映画で司令官が敵を見つけたときにつぶやいたセリフです。どういう意味ですか? A: Sir, rabel ships are coming int our sector. B: Good. Our first catch of the day. というやりとりでした。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Ensenada
  • ベストアンサー率44% (484/1090)
回答No.1

A. サー(上官に対する呼びかけ)、我々の作戦区域に船がきます。 B. よし。本日初の獲物だ。 catch of the dayは、 「レストランの本日のお勧め料理」とか「釣りの本日の獲物」。 rabel ships は分かりませんでした。 ラベロ船(barco rabelo)のことかも。 sector は日本語のセクターと同じだけど、ここでは軍事の作戦や統括の地域。 intが intoだとしてrabel を無視して訳しました。

imaoka1983
質問者

お礼

わかりやすいご回答と解説ありがとうございます。 rabelではなくrebelと書こうとしていました。反逆者の船が来ます。ということですね。 catch of the dayって言う言葉は、海外のレストランとかでも見かけるフレーズで気になっていました。本日の獲物=新鮮な食材という意味なのですね。 疑問が解決しました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語

Watson:Where are we off to now in this fog? Holmes:Yes, it's a nice afternoon.Suppose we pay a few calls. I think Sir James claims our first attention. ホームズのセリフの訳お願いします。

• Lotta good those are~の訳

がらくたのような武器で強い敵と戦おうとしている人に向かって言ったセリフです。 Lotta good those are gonna do against your enemy. この訳を教えていただけますか?よろしくお願いします。

• どうしてこの状況で現在進行形を使っているのでしょうか

こんばんは。  先日、ある語学番組を見ていたら以下のような英文がでてきました。 (AさんとBさんの夢が同時にかなったことを受けて、Aさんが) Aさん)Both our dreams are coming true, on the very same day! 意味)二人の夢が全く同じ日にかなうなんて!  そこで質問なのですが、どうして現在進行形を使っているのでしょうか。 現在完了形を使って  「are coming」 ⇒ 「have come」 としてはいけないでしょうか? 英語の勉強経験が浅いので分りやすく説明してくださるとすごく嬉しいです(TωT;)

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

Just three years ago and it seems like decades. What a sad day. Miss and think of you every day my friend. So many good adventures and so many good songs. Your memory is strong and you are always in all of our hearts.

• ちょっとした集まりの挨拶。これで大丈夫でしょうか?

明日、お昼にちょっとした食事会があり、乾杯の音頭をとります。 参加者は全員女性で、外国人の女の子が多めなので、英語でちょっとだけ挨拶します。 堅苦しい挨拶ではなく、簡単でいいのですが、これでいいのか、少し迷っています。 もし、間違いがあったら教えてください。 Hello Ladies! Thank you for coming! One year has passed since our very first shop was opend. We wish you have a good time at our shop. And I wish you enjoy your life in Japan. Let's make a toast. To everyone!! よろしくお願いします。

• これであってますか?

寒暖の差がある場所って食べ物はいいし、紅葉も綺麗ですよね。 (1)The place has Texas weather food is good and you can see the beautiful colored leaves. 日本で成人の日は祝典があります。でも最近は20歳の成人の質も悪く中止してる所もあります。それって親の責任だと思いません? (2)In Japan we have Coming-of-Age Day ceremonies nationwide. But nowadays there are some 20years adults are not good quality. So ceremony has stopped. Do you think it is their parent responsibility. 英文あってますでしょうか?

• 海外のDVD販売サイトの文章を読みたいのですが。

以下の英語を、どなたか訳していただけませんか。 海外のDVD通販サイトの、会員のみがログインできる特別なページのようなのですが、いろいろ細かい規約があるようです。規約を読んで、納得できるようなら活用したいのですが、どうにも足踏み状態です。 よろしくお願いいたします。 ------------------------------------------------- Please read this carefully - many potential questions are answered below. Every day, we pick 10 items to offer to you at a special discount price. You may view these products one at a time, and choose to either accept our special offer, or pass and view the next item. You may view your special offers once per day. From the time that you begin viewing your offers, you will have 60 minutes to choose one. The fine print: Only one daily deal offer may be redeemed per customer per day. Quantities are limited, offers good while supplies last. All daily deal offers expire 60 minutes after you view your first offer, individual offers expire when you pass on the offer, or 60 minutes after you viewed your first offer, whichever is earlier. Daily deal offers are only good for the products featured. Daily deal offers may not be applied to previous orders. Daily deal offers that have been accepted are excluded from any further coupon discounts. Daily deals are not excluded from taxes or our normal shipping costs. Accepted daily deal offers must remain in the shopping cart on the web site, they may not be saved for later purchase. When accepting a daily deal offer, it must be added to the shopping cart through the page displaying the offer by selecting "Buy now!" Orders must be completed through our online store.

• 英検2級ライティングの添削お願いします。

英検2級ライティングの添削をお願いします。 もっとこうした方が良いなどのアドバイスも頂けると嬉しいです!! Q, The Olympic Games are held in different cities around the world. Do you think that large international sports events are good for cities? A, I think that large international sports events are good for cities. These are two reasons for it. The first is, many people will come a country that is held the olympic games. So I think that the country will be known by a lot of people. The second is, the country can increase an income of the country. This is because that many tourists will visit a some days. For these reasons, I think that large international sports events are good for cities. よろしくお願い致します。

• こんな感じでいいでしょうか??

I am seeing many adverts about our film coming out soon. 私達の映画、(たくさんの広告?宣伝?)みてるよ(やってるよ??)。 I dont know what happens to e-mails, if I am in I reply the same day. 私の何かあったemailは知らない。もし??私はその日に 返事だす。 I cannot believe you do not like easter eggs, do you know they are CHOCOLATE eggs! イースターエッグ知らないなんて信じられないよ。 知ってる?それらはチョコレートエッグなんだよ。 こんな訳し方でいいですか? お願いしますです。

• 和訳お願いします!

have a great day and the rest of the week. did you go look at my post with my new car lit up at night? are you x-box or ps3? we are just waiting for darksiders2 out on the 22nd of this month. the first one was good. hubby hd28 ps3 battlefield it's to fast for me.lol 半分くらいは理解できましたが、最後の1行は全く意味がわかりませんでした。 よろしくお願いします。