swagとswaggerの意味とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「swag」と「swagger」の意味について教えてください。
  • 「swagger」とは、個人が自分自身を世界に表示する方法です。人が状況にどう対処するかからも表れることがあります。また、人の歩き方からも見られることがあります。
  • 「swag」と「swagger」は、カッコいいスタイルや態度を指す言葉です。有名な俳優の例を挙げると、デンゼル・ワシントンやアル・パチーノがそれぞれの映画で「swagger」を持っていました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

swag? swagger??

"swag"と"swagger"の意味がよくわかりません。 下記はurban dictionaryより。(これの説明もよくわかりません。) この2つの意味を解かり易く教えてください>< 1. swagger How one presents him or her self to the world. Swagger is shown from how the person handles a situation. It can also be shown in the person's walk. Ryan: "Denzel Washington has swagger in all his movie rolls" Phil: "You can't forget about Al Pacino! He had swagger all over in Scarface!!!"

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51910
  • ベストアンサー率60% (460/762)
回答No.1

1. Swagger - 「自信ありげに闊歩する様」では。 2. Swag - 「揺れる、ぐらつくこと」但し名詞として使う場合は意味が全く異なり「盗品」となります。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

もういい回答が出ていますのでこれは余分です。  僕の中学の柔道部の上級生に、非常に威厳のある無精髭のオッサンが居ました。歩く時まっすぐさっさと歩かないんです。回りにいる僕ら下級生をドングリ目でねめ回し、「肩で風切る」というか、のっしのっしと、少しがに股で、しこを踏みながらみたいな格好で歩く黒帯の猛者が居ました。swagger という言葉は、彼を思い出させます。  ご質問にある、デンゼル・ワシントンにしろ、アル・パチーノにしろやはりそういう「マッチョ」臭い役が多いですね。 swagger は、そういう風に歩く、という動詞と、そういう風な歩き方、という名詞の意味があります。イギリスのロングマンには、下記のような動詞の定義があります。  to walk proudly, swinging your shoulders in a way that shows you are very confident - used to show disapproval:  大切なのは、終わりの「否定的に見る時に使う」という点でしょう。 http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/swagger_1  swag はオーストラリアの古い言い方では衣類の包み、と言う意味で swagman 「放浪者」はオーストラリアの民謡 Walzing Matilda の第一行にあるので、ご存知でしょう。

関連するQ&A

• この英語を日本語へ翻訳お願いします。

なんとなくは分かるのですが、知らない単語があり的確に訳せません...。 お力添えお願いします。 don't think that way .... i understand your situation . i know how it feet to be in that type of situation . here is something to make you feel better . don't worry i still think that you are a wonderful person and thank you! for be in honest .... i respect you ... now think about this " ( That me think that you are the best person in the world and is happy for the way you are! ) " and only think about it all day so you feel better

• ➊◆和訳お願いします(__)◆

大学入試の過去問です。 文構造が分からなくて、上手に訳ができません。 自分なりの和訳はありますので、 ご回答と比べて疑問があれば、 補足で質問したいと思います。 よろしくお願いします。 ------------------------------ When walking in central Tokyo, I often come across people waiting in long lines for no apparent reason. Just the other day in the Harajuku district, I saw hundreds of women living up. (***) I found strange was that the men and women who were herding the line all wore tags around their necks. Each tag read kankeisha (relevant party, or person in charge). I had seen tags with word staffu (staff) on several occasions, but kankeisha was new to me. (***) には、What / When / Where / How のいずれかが入ります。 私はHowだと思います。

• 構文分析よろしくお願い致します。

Whenever a person who already has enough to live on proposes to engage in some everyday kind of job,such as school-teaching or typing, he or she is told that such conduct takes the bread out of other people's mouths,and is therefore wicked. If this argument were valid,it would only be necessary for us all to be idle in order that we should all have our mouths full of bread. What people who say such things forget is that what a man earns he usually spends, and in spending he gives employment. この文の構文分析をお願いしたいです。 丁寧にしていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致します🙏

• 丁寧に解説して欲しいです。

Whenever a person who already has enough to live on proposes to engage in some everyday kind of job,such as school-teaching or typing, he or she is told that such conduct takes the bread out of other people's mouths,and is therefore wicked. If this argument were valid,it would only be necessary for us all to be idle in order that we should all have our mouths full of bread. What people who say such things forget is that what a man earns he usually spends, and in spending he gives employment. この文がどのような訳になるかと、それぞれの単語の意味と品詞を応えていただけると嬉しいです。簡単なものは省いて頂いても大丈夫です。 よろしくお願い致します!

• どのような感じですか

このメールを読んで、どう感じますか? 彼はペンパルなんですけど、彼は日本が好きで日本人女性のこともすきみたいで日本へも着たことがあるそうです。そして、私達がいつか会うときは最初は日本で会いたい。といったらこの返事がきました。 さいごのyou dont like come hereとは怒った感じや不快な感じでいっていまか?教えて下さい。ちなみに彼は南米の人(いまはアジアにすんでいる)です。 How is your work?i hope you are fine baby,dont forget that im here thinking of you all the time,you said we will meet in japan?if i invite you here,you dont like to come here, Looking forward to hear from you as soon as possible,

• 私の父は中国とヨーロッパの混血です。日本人と結婚し私が産まれました。先

私の父は中国とヨーロッパの混血です。日本人と結婚し私が産まれました。先日音沙汰のなかった父から急にメールが届きました。母とはずっと昔に離婚しいまは上海在住です。このようなメールを受け取り どうしたらいいかわかりません。 Japanese Atrocities in China WW ll 「南京大屠殺」 國家不富強,終必遭人欺侮。 政府不廉能,終必被民揚棄。 人民不爭氣,終必受人輕視。 DEFINITELY NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED JAPANESE'S "SELF POTRAITS" OF HOW THEY ROBBED THE LIFE OUT OF OTHER HUMAN BEINGS. Just Released Photos of Chinese Beheaded by Japanese in Sino-Japan War (WW II) JAPANESE ATROCITIES DURING WORLD WAR II..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes These are photos that remind us of the atrocities during the Asian Pacific War. Photos just released in China (forbidden for public previously) show how Chinese were murdered by the Japanese, by beheading. You can see Heads of Victims lined up in some photos. We are all aware of how Jews were killed by Nazi Germans with photos, movies all these years. Finally memories of WWII in China are shown by the Chinese Government to the public. I know it is sickening to see all these photos... hopefully people will now talk about WWII atrocities not only in Europe but also in China as well! In many respects, the Japanese soldiers are much worse than the Axis counter parts. These pictures are not here to arouse public hatred for the Japanese but to explain why older Chinese are so upset when Japanese prime ministers visited their Yasukuni Shrine.

• 訳お願いします!

when the moon is low,near the horizon ,it looks huge compared with how it looks when it is higher overhead. the effect is especially noticeable when it is a full moon. People have been wondering about this for at least two thousand years,since long before they even knew what the moon was or how it moves around Earth. Now would you believe that in today`s space age we still don`t know the answer to the puzzle about its apparent size? As you can imagine,people have come up with many "explanations" over the years. All but a few of them can easily be shown to be wrong. です。 自分で訳しましたがPeople~のところからよくわかりません。 誰か訳してください(・ω・)

• 英文を訳して下さい。

If only you knew, how my heart overflows with love for you. If only you could see the way you fill my hopes and dreams. Even in the dark of night, I've only to think about you to feel your loving light and from this world I drift feeling as if I'll never touch the ground again... If only you knew. If only you could guess how I hear your voice when others speak; for you hold the key to my happiness, and it's always you my soul seeks. If only you could feel, how your very presence has the power to heal, all the wounds inside me. You've made me abandon the pain of yesterday, and you've shown me that the past can no longer stand in the way of what I hope to achieve... If only you knew. 読みにくいかもしれませんが、よろしくお願いします。 特に、how I hear your voice when others speakの訳が知りたいです。

• よろしくお願いします

About three years ago, three neighbors in my building, each about 10 years my senior, invited me to join their rotating dinner party, held every two weeks. How Ina Garten, right?! Great food and sparkling conversation! Um, not so much. First off, none of the three are into cooking. One person in the group has served the exact same menu for three years. All are college educated, but cannot hold a conversation. One was unaware of the recent royal wedding -- so much for current events. rotating dinner partyとはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、so much for current eventsの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Without going into snarky detail, a 47-year-old recently divorced female “friend” has been behaving very badly. I can’t tolerate the selfish, self-absorbed person she has become (or perhaps always was, I don’t know) or condone her new promiscuous lifestyle. I keep my opinions to myself, and I have no desire to confront her, try to repair the friendship, or influence others against her. We live in a small community with many overlapping social events. She still presents herself as one of my very best friends. How do I maintain a civil distance and avoid the questions and gossip? snarky detailはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?あと、overlapping social eventsとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします