How Can Non-Mainstream Forms of Music Reach Wider Audiences Without Sacrificing Their Soul?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • There are still many people who are willing to listen to unusual music, but the challenge lies in how to introduce them to this kind of music. It requires an openness to new experiences and a willingness to learn. One possible approach is to combine something accessible with controversial music, giving people a chance to discover something new.
  • Unfortunately, reaching wider audiences often involves strategies implemented by major industry branches. They should be more daring in promoting non-mainstream music, as they have nothing to lose if they do it wisely.
  • In summary, non-mainstream forms of music can reach wider audiences by finding ways to introduce the music to people who are open to new experiences. Combining accessible elements with controversial music can be one approach. Additionally, major industry branches should take more risks in promoting non-mainstream music.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文解釈について質問 12/15

How, would you say, could non-mainstream forms of music reach wider audiences without >sacrificing their soul? メインストリームに属していない音楽が、オーディエンスに犠牲的精神を強いることなく、より多くのオーディエンスを獲得するにはどうしたらいいのでしょうか? Hmm...I don’t think you have to change the music or sacrifice your soul. I still believe that there are a lot of people who are willing to listen to unusual music. The problem is how they can be introduced to this kind of music. Also you need to be open to experience something new to you, which means that there is a process of learning (at least a bit) included. Just an example: I could imagine that one could combine something accessible (which does not mean bad quality!!!) with controversial music. And give people a chance. However, unfortunately this has to do with strategies of major industry branches...they should dare a bit more. I am sure they would not loose anything on that, if they make it wise. うーん、聴く音楽や信念(scrificing their soul)を変えなくてはいけないとは思わないな。(そんな画策をしなくても)非メインストリームの音楽を聴きたがっている人が、今でもたくさんいると俺は信じている。問題は、いかにして非メインストリームの音楽を彼らの元に届けるか、ということだ。あと、ファンが未知の体験に対してオープンに接しなくてはいけない、とも思う。そしてそこには、少しでも学ぼうという姿勢というのが含まれていることを意味する。 例えばこんなかんじさ。とっつきやすくて、物議を醸す音楽を俺は思いついた。決して質が悪いということではないよ。そしてみんなにそれを聴かせる機会を与える。けど、不幸な事にそういったやりかたは、メジャー産業の支店の戦略をもってやらなくてはいけないんだ。彼らはもっと大胆にやるべきさ。きっと、何も失いたくないんだろう。If they make it wise. こういった感じになってしまいます。 例えばこんな感じさ。から相当怪しいです。解説お願いいたします。 Q1 without sacrificing their soulは犠牲的精神、つまりオタク志向にありがちな原理主義者のような身も心もということではなく、気軽に、というニュアンスでしょうか? Q2 just an exampleは例えばこうさ。といった解釈で良いですか? Q3 accessibleが何を指すのか。とっつきやすいという意味はわかるのですが、とっつきやすい音楽のこと?それとも気軽にありつける環境ということ? 気軽にありつける環境+物議を醸す音楽という図式か、とっつきやすい音楽+物議を醸す音楽、という図式のどちらかかと思うのですが・・・。 Q4 give people a chanceとはその音楽を聴くチャンスということですか? Q5 this has to do withからはよくわかりません。Thisがわからないです。Major industry branchesとはメジャー産業から枝分かれした存在。すなわちマイナー産業というか非メインストリームということですか? Q6 theyとはmajor industry branchesの連中ということですか? Q7 if they make it wise.もし、彼らがそれを賢くするのなら。 最後の文章は、皮肉っぽく「彼らは何も失いたくないから、賢くあろうとするのさ」みたいなことですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

Q1 without sacrificing their soulは犠牲的精神、つまりオタク志向にありがちな原理主義者のような身も心もということではなく、気軽に、というニュアンスでしょうか?  インタービューをしている人は、作曲家が独創的な信念を曲げないで、、、と言っています。 Q2 just an exampleは例えばこうさ。といった解釈で良いですか?  そうですね。「単なる一例だが」 Q3 accessibleが何を指すのか。とっつきやすいという意味はわかるのですが、とっつきやすい音楽のこと?それとも気軽にありつける環境ということ? 気軽にありつける環境+物議を醸す音楽という図式か、とっつきやすい音楽+物議を醸す音楽、という図式のどちらかかと思うのですが・・・。    後者です。とっつきやすい(といっても低級という意味ではない)(音楽)と議論をかもす音楽を組み合わせることが想像できると思う。 Q4 give people a chanceとはその音楽を聴くチャンスということですか?  もっと一般的な意味でしょう。 Q5 this has to do withからはよくわかりません。Thisがわからないです。  this は、聴衆の耳慣れた音楽と耳慣れない音楽を組み合わせること(前文)です。  Major industry branchesとはメジャー産業から枝分かれした存在。すなわちマイナー産業というか非メインストリームということですか?  大企業の(音楽)部門(がもうやっていること) Q6 theyとはmajor industry branchesの連中ということですか?  おっしゃる通りです。 Q7 if they make it wise.もし、彼らがそれを賢くするのなら。 最後の文章は、皮肉っぽく「彼らは何も失いたくないから、賢くあろうとするのさ」みたいなことですか?  they should dare a bit more. I am sure they would not loose anything on that, if they make it wise.  ,,,もう少し大胆にやるべきだ。賢明にやれば損することは無い、これは確かだ。

sleepetcetc
質問者

お礼

レスありがとうございます。うーむ、解釈ミスが多いですね・・・。まだまだ勉強が必要です。

関連するQ&A

• 下記英文をもっと深く理解したいです 12/18

以前質問させて頂きましたが、もう一度質問させて下さい。 How, would you say, could non-mainstream forms of music reach wider audiences without  sacrificing their soul? メインストリームに属していない音楽の作曲家が自分の信念を曲げずに、より多くのオーディエンスを獲得するにはどうしたらいいのでしょうか? Hmm...I don’t think you have to change the music or sacrifice your soul. I still believe that there are a lot of people who are willing to listen to unusual music. The problem is how they can be introduced to this kind of music. Also you need to be open to experience something new to you, which means that there is a process of learning (at least a bit) included. Just an example: I could imagine that one could combine something accessible (which does not mean bad quality!!!) with controversial music. And give people a chance. However, unfortunately this has to do with strategies of major industry branches...they should dare a bit more. I am sure they would not loose anything on that, if they make it wise. うーん、聴く音楽や信念(scrificing their soul)を変えなくてはいけないとは思わないな。(そんな画策をしなくても)非メインストリームの音楽を聴きたがっている人が、今でもたくさんいると俺は信じている。問題は、いかにして非メインストリームの音楽を彼らの元に届けるか、ということだ。あと、ファン自身も未知の体験に対してオープンに接しなくてはいけない、と思う。そこには、少しでも学ぼうという姿勢が含まれていることも意味する。 単なる一例だが、oneがとっつきやすい音楽(質悪いという意味ではない)と物議を醸す音楽を組み合わせる事が出来た、それを俺は想像する事が出来た。そして人々に機会を与える。しかしながら、不運な事に、取っつきやすい音楽と物議を醸す音楽を組み合わせるのはメジャー産業の音楽部門に関係している事なんだ。彼らはもう少し大胆にやるべきだ。賢くやれば損する事なんて何もないさ。間違いなくね。 問題は後半です。 Q1 oneとは何(誰)を指すのでしょうか?というか誰も指していないのでしょうか?誰かが、みたいな感じ。 Q2 and give people a chance → そして人々に機会を与える。つまり、その組み合わせた音楽を聴く機会を与えるという事ですか? Q3 「しかしながら、不運な事に、とっつきやすくて物議を醸す音楽を組み合わせるのはメジャー産業の音楽部門に関係している事なんだ。」 この文章を通して言いたいのは「そう言ったやり方が出来るのはメジャー産業の人たちであって、俺のような非メインストリームに携わっている人間はそんなまねは出来ない(金やコネがないから・・・?)」ということですか? Q4 ただ、そう解釈してしまうと、次の文章の「彼らはもう少し大胆にやるべきだ」との繋がりがぼやけてしまいます。私の頭の中では「そういったやり方が出来るのはメジャー産業の人たちであって、俺のような非メインストリームに携わっている人間は(金もコネもないから)そんなまねはやりたくても出来ない。だから、俺たちの無念を晴らすためにももっと大胆にやるべきだ。」というむちゃくちゃな解釈が出来上がってしまいます。なぜこの解釈に行き着くかというと、こう解釈すれば文章として成り立つからです。(当然間違っているはず・・・どこかで決定的なミスを犯しているはずですが・・・) 当然、次の文章の賢くやれば損をしない、ともつながってきません。 毎度の事ですがよろしくお願いいたします・・・。

• 英文解釈について質問があります2

(Q1)You don’t want the music to dictate to the audience how to feel about it. ああその通りだ。俺にとってはインストゥルメンタルミュージックってのは凄くクールな音楽だ。歌詞が存在している音楽よりもいくらかはテーマがぼやけちまうのは確かだがね。(Q2)but what’s cool is when that vague concept solidifies and then you find someone else in the audience who you don’t even know gets the same feeling about the piece or whatever.言葉でのコミュニケーションが1つのレベルでしか成り立たないのに対し、楽器でのコミュニケーションはいろんなレベルで成り立つ。(Q3)I’ve always thought what’s weird about music is how it’s privileged as this art form, and because of that, it’s sort of been imprisoned. Say someone like Randy Newman, who writes from a character’s perspective, is always being misunderstood by people, because for some reason there’s this idea that music is this direct – that whatever you do in music who you truly are, even though all other art forms are allowed to be multi-faceted,違った個性(考え方)で曲を書くことは可能さ。どういうわけか、音楽は他の人々に対して純粋に心を開いているものだと見られるよね。(Q4)Not that I’m saying it can’t be, it just limits what music can be, I think, and imprisons it in a romantic ideal.例えば、Guns ‘n Rosesはある曲をやったときに、皆は「アクセルはレイシストだ」なんて感じになってたな。そうなのかもしれないが、彼は「違う。この曲はレイシストについてではない。(Q5)It’s about a character and it’s about a time where you’re so angry that you’re willing to cross lines and say stuff that you don’t necessarily believe.”」誰一人として彼にそれを許すことはないだろう。「ダメだ。お前はレイシストだ」ってね。俺にはわからんよ。なぜ音楽が様々な視点を持つことが許されないのかがね。一つのやり方でしかコミュニケーションをとることが許されていないんだ。本当に限定されたやり方でね。様々な視点でコミュニケーションをとってストーリーを語る。それが音楽のクールなあり方だ。 Q1からQ5までの英文がわかりません。訳を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります

バンドとしての意識はどう変わりましたか? 先ほど、レコーディングではなくライブに集中すると言い、今もセッションミュージシャンではなく、本当にバンド活動に関わる人を求めると言いましたが、どういう経緯があってその考えに至ったのでしょうか? (Q1)I guess growing up, it seemed like most of the music I was into was bands.例外もあったが。例えばキング・クリムゾンっていつもロバート・フリップショーなんて感じだし。ロバートは常に自分にフィットする人を見つけようとしているんだ。でもあまり得意じゃないみたいだな(笑)。いつもフラストレーションを溜めていそうだよな。俺が好きなバンドは大部分がバンドとして活動しているんだ。. (Q2)Later, of course, you find out most bands have a team of songwriters. There’s Jagger and Richards, Geezer and Iommi and all that. Some other bands that I’ve always really liked – even though I’m not supposed to admit it – but The Grateful Dead has always had more of that group ethic.俺はジャズもたくさん聴くよ。(Q3)where it’s more of a group thing.いつも俺の心を捉えて離さない。奇妙だよな。(Q4)because most of the bands I know that were successful or long-lived always seemed to have fallen to the “band dictator” thing (laughs), with other people along for the ride.それが、怠慢から生まれたものなのか、(Q5)I was afraid to look like a megalomaniac,俺は決してその手のバンドリーダーにはなりたくないね。自分のギターパートに十分問題は抱えているし(笑)。(Q6)and figuring out what to play with that instrument to dictate to other people what to play.Earthが俺中心で活動していた時期は一番楽しめなかった時期だな。周りに人がいて、お互いやりとりをするような環境が好みなんだ。社会主義タイプなんだよ。みんなが混ざってきた方がより楽しめるってもんだ。ライブに関しても同じだ。Earthのオーディエンスはライブに“参加”しているんだ。インストゥルメンタルミュージックも然り。聴いている人は自分なりに解釈したり意味を見出したりして“参加”している。歌詞がある音楽とは正反対にな。これが音楽に対する俺の見解だ。(Q7)I have this abhorrence of that leader/follower kind of thing. Q1からQ7までの英文がわかりません。訳を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります。

インタビュアー:どんな変化をもたらしましたか? ミュージシャン:ライブに対しての俺の興味が高まっている。それが今のEarthと以前のEarthとの最大の違いだ。以前は、かなりレコーディングに重きを置いたバンドだった。コンセプトも存在していたしね。今はライブ重視だ。レコーディングも好きだが、ライブはもっと重要になってきている。(Q1)I see it as, as the major labels die and fall off – I don’t think it’s ever gonna return to how it used to be –。昔は、ライブミュージシャンは貴重な存在だったし、ライブをやること自体も貴重だった。レコーディングも今に比べて特別なものなんかじゃなかった。アルバムはライブをやるために作っていたんだよ。(Q2)and then somewhere along the way that changed into this whole differentiation between live musicians and recording artists.レコーディングアーティストは契約を交わして金を得る。彼らは市場で売られて然るべき曲を作ったわけだしな。だがライブってやつは少々厄介だ。オーディエンスと直接結びついているんで市場のコントロールが難しいんだ。(Q3)and I like to think that that’s what’s changing now, that bands in our realm of the woods メジャーレーベルに属しているバンドとは対極だ。ヤツらはライブで演奏なんか出来やしないしな。オートチューンでピッチを補正して、デジタル処理を加えて、その他にもごちゃごちゃやって…。もはや演奏どころじゃないな。みんな、「おい見ろよ! あいつら誤魔化し無しでプレイしているぜ」、そこに興味を持っているんだ。あと俺はオーディエンスとのやりとりも好きだしな。俺達のオーディエンスはライブに参加して空気を作っている。(Q4)as opposed to the thing of a recording artist delivering these messages from on high.そういうわけで、俺たちのレコーディングはライブに近づいているんだよ。(Q5)I’ve always kind of viewed recordings as these slices of time, like “Oh, this is what’s going on at this point,” as opposed to trying to create the perfect version of the song. Q1からQ5までの英文がわかりません。訳を教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります。 12/4

To me, „Transition“ is an almost tender album, which very much relies on a sense of breath and a precise placement of elements. How do you see the possibility of recreating this mood in a live setting? Stefan Németh: The precise placement is hopefully something we can achieve by simply practicing. This special mood is for sure another question. With this kind of music it seems it is important that you are pretty much aware of where exactly you perform it. We found out: Some locations are just wrong. It must be a room and a light setting which helps to create this intimate feeling. Think of a theater stage: the audience sits in a convenient way and is not distracted. Their focus is on the stage, the lights go down, your senses are sharpened. Under these conditions it can work. For sure, you don´t find this everywhere. In addition to this scenario, we play with a drummer - Bernhard Breuer, from Vienna - on some occasions. This gives the whole set an extroverted effect. For me it is always interesting to see that the same piece can work in two versions. There is no good or bad version, it seems it is about the actual situation - between the audience, the room and the musicians. And I am happy that we can choose between the trio and the duo version. 1.質問文についてですが、 私にとって「Transition」は”もろい”と言っても差し支えのないアルバムです。 which very much~の文のa sense of breath がどうもはっきりとわからないのです・・・。 2.With this kind of music it seems it is important that you are pretty much aware of where exactly you perform it. この文章についてですが、with this kind of musicまでが副詞句ですよね。 主文はそれ以降で、主語はit seems のit であってますか? 意味がはっきりとはつかめないのですが・・・。 3.There is no good or bad version, it seems it is about the actual situation - between the audience, the room and the musicians. この意味がはっきりとわかりません。 「いいとか悪いじゃなくてさ、・・・・・・」 以上3点よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈について質問 12/12

What's your view on the music scene at present? Is there a crisis? 現在の音楽シーンをどうみていますか? 危機感を感じますか? Depends on what we are talking about. If we are talking about music itself, I cannot see a crises. There is a lot of stuff around. Maybe there isn’t a specific genre, which I find especially interesting, but everything is present at the same time. There is not a certain style which reflects these days - at least for me. Probably I have to do more research to find music, which I like. The reason simply might be the signal-to-noise ratio...it is easy to produce music and it became easier to present it to the public. So everybody has access to tons of great tracks - and of course also to pieces in which you are not interested in. Anyway, the music scene is becoming more and more a parallel world or worlds in itself, where different approaches to music coexist at the same time. That means, if you are looking for a particular style that overshadows the rest for a certain period - like punk, techno etc. did -then you might be perhaps disappointed. 下から4行目にある、 the music scene is becoming more and more ~あたりからわかりません。 worlds in itselfですが、itselfとは音楽のことですよね。音楽の中に世界がたくさんある(複数形)つまり、いろいろなジャンルが多くあるということでしょうか? そしてthat means, if you are ~ですが、 「つまりこういうことさ。もし、君が特定のスタイル??????このへんのかたまりがよくわかりません。例えばパンクやテクノやそのた諸々・・・。それだったら君はがっかりするだろうね。」と最後はつながっていくと思うのですが、どうもよくわかりません。それに did - thenのdidは何を意味しているのでしょうか? それにがっかりするだろうねと言っていますが、なぜがっかりするのだろうか・・・。ここでまたしても「この人は一体何が言いたいのか?」の壁です。

• 英文の質問です

In a Nihon Keizai Shimbun survey on the hiring plans of major firms, one-third of all companies said that they plan to increase the percentage of new college graduates that they hire, and 10% said they intend to raise their percentage of midcareer hires. という文があって、10%以下から最後までなんですが 大企業が中途採用の割合を上げるつもり、これが10%でいいのでしょうか?

• 英文解釈です。

以下の文章の、冒頭の running account とはどのような意味で使われているのでしょうか。よろしくお願いいたします。 Whether they’re aware of it or not, all people keep a running account of what’s happening to them, what it means, and what they should do. In other words, our minds are constantly monitoring and interpreting. That’s just how we stay on track. But sometimes the interpretation process goes awry. Some people put more extreme interpretations on things that happen—and then react with exaggerated feelings of anxiety, depression, or anger. Or superiority. Mindsets frame the running account that’s taking place in people’s heads. They guide the whole interpretation process. The fixed mindset creates an internal monologue that is focused on judging: “This means I’m a loser.” “This means I’m a better person than they are.” “This means I’m a bad husband.” “This means my partner is selfish.” People with a growth mindset are also constantly monitoring what’s going on, but their internal monologue is not about judging themselves and others in this way. Certainly they’re sensitive to positive and negative information, but they’re attuned to its implications for learning and constructive action: What can I learn from this? How can I improve? How can I help my partner do this better? Chapter 8 is about changing the internal monologue from a judging one to a growth-oriented one. It shows how mindset change has enabled people to pursue their goals more effectively and it shows how a mindset workshop boosted students’ motivation and grades.

• 英文の解釈についての質問

質問があります。 People who delay might base their self-worth on their work and doubt their abilities. The thinking goes like this: to avoid a judgment of themselves that could be damaging to their self worth, they just avoid completing the task. 上記の文ですが、直訳すると 遅れる(ぐずぐずする)人々は、彼らの仕事と、疑わしい技術力で、自尊心を築いている。 この考えを推し進めると:自身の(能力の)ジャッジを避けることは、彼らの自尊心を傷つけているかもしれない。彼らはただ、仕事を完了することを避けているだけなのだ。 となるのですが、どうもto avoid a judgment of themselves that could be damaging to their self worth, they just avoid completing the task.がピンとこないというか・・・。 thatが途中にあるということの意味がいまいちわかりません・・・ つまり、to avoid a judgment of themselves がSということでしょうか?それとも関係代名詞のthat? Finally, for motivation I imagine how good it will feel to finish whatever it was I was putting off. こちらですが、 最後に、モチベーションについては私はいかに良いかをイメージする。 何かを終わらせること。 この辺までで後はピンとこないです・・・。なぜ , がないのに I was putting off.があるのか・・・。 記事はhttp://www.japantimes.co.jp/shukan-st/english_news/essay/2009/ey20091211/ey20091211main.htm?print=noframe  です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります。

英文解釈について質問があります。 While some of the pieces on your previous releases tended to linger within a particular mood, the new ones almost always appear to be „going somewhere“. Is this something that happened intuitively over time or rather a conscious part of your constant will to evolve as a composer? あるミュージシャンへのインタビュー記事です。 Is this something that happened intuitively over time or rather a conscious part of your constant will to evolve as a composer? この部分ですが、ようは、直観的か、作曲家として成長した自身から生じた自覚か、という質問ですよね?あとover timeと、a conscious partのa の部分がいまいちピンと来ません。 よろしくお願いいたします。