• ベストアンサー

発言の一部がわかりません。訳し方を教えてください。

ある美術記者のコメントです。後半のas以下はどういう意味でしょうか? “Working for The New York Times, I found myself writing about art, as had already been agreed,” 「NY Timesで働いていた私はいつの間にかアートについて書いていた。それはすでにまわりから賛同を得ていたので。」でしょうか? うまい訳文を教えてください。

• engg
  • お礼率90% (926/1022)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ニューヨークタイムズでは、前もっての話し合いで、美術について(原稿を)書く事になって(しまって)いた。

engg
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! お礼が遅くなってすみません。

関連するQ&A

• findの受け身について

Find O Cという文はO is/are found Cには書き換えられないのでしょうか? The main cause of this disease has already been found derived from daily habits such as too much drinking coffee, eating, and smoking. という文をライティングで書いたのですが、ネイティブに found to be derived from~と直されました。 think O C は O is /are though C のように受け身で表せるので、findの場合も大丈夫だと思っていたのですが、、 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語訳をお願いします。

(1)"I have always had an interest in hobbies. Ever since I was a young boy I found myself passionately pursuing any interests I had, be they dinosaurs, video games, drawing, each one was as important as the next. To this day, I remain enthusiastic about certain hobbies I had when I was younger, more specifically, about drawing." (2)"You can clamp empty palm into a fist" 少し長いのですが上記の文を日本語に訳して頂けますか?よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

The Tigris Corps had taken the position, but the cost of breaking through the Ottoman defenses had heavy. Aylmer's command suffered 1,962 dead and 2,300 wounded out of 13,300 men. The medical preparations for the relief force had been almost an afterthought. Most of the medical units attached to the Meerut Division were still working their way upriver or awaiting transport in Basra. At the time of the battle, the Tigris Corps had facilities to treat 250 wounded soldiers. By the end of 7 January 1916, the field ambulances were trying to deal with almost ten times that may. Some of the wounded had to wait as much as ten days before they were finally cleared through the field ambulances before being sent to the hospitals established downriver at Basra.

• 添削お願いします。

A good example of this occurred while I was writing this chapter. A few moments ago, as I was rereading what Ihad written, I had doubts about the year that I had typed in for Gutenberg's printing press. Therfore, I opened my Internet browser and typed the word ‘Gutenberg' into a search engine. Within seconds, I had found the correct year, ‘1450'. を自分なりに訳すと、 私がこの章を書いている時、これのよい例が生じた。 数時間前、自分が書いたものを読み返しているときにグーテンベルクの印刷機について記した年代に自信がなくなってきた。それゆえ、自分のインターネットブラウザーを開き、検索エンジンに「Gutenberg’s」と入れた。数秒で1450年という正確な数字を得た。 となります。直したほうがいいところがありましたら、教えてください。それと、 Within seconds, I had found the correct year, ‘1450'.の文が過去完了形なのか、correct yearの後の,(カンマ)はなぜ必要なのか教えてください。

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (21) During his own lifetime, Cicero was known as a great statesman, orator, and man of action. But he died a bitterly disappointed man. He had failed to do what he most wanted to accomplish: to save the Roman Republic. Not even Cicero's enemies, though, could doubt his love for Rome. Plutarch, writing many years after Cicero's death, tells a story about Octavian─after he had risen to great power as the emperor Augustus Caesar. The emperor found his grandson reading a book written by Cicero. Knowing that his grandfather had agreed to let Mark Antony's soldiers murder Cicero, “The boy was afraid and tried to hide it under his gown. Augustus...took the book from him, and began to read it.... When he gave it back to his grandson, he said,‘My child, this was a learned man, and a lover of his country.’”

• on disability

I have been in a relationship for four years. My partner has fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. When we met, he had just found out. He was still active, working, and we had sex regularly. Fast forward: He is now on disability, not working at all, we rarely sleep together and he never leaves the house. I love him still, but I didn't realize how hard this would be. I know he has a lot to cope with, but it's hard on me as well. on disabilityはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、it's hard on meはit's hard for meとどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• line up

I’ve always had an interest in genealogy, and since I already know as much as there is to know about my family, I started looking into my partner’s family. He gave me some names, and for the past few days I’ve been telling him about information I found, and we were both quite excited about this. However, I might have just found out that his mom was previously married. All the facts seem to line up, but I’m not sure what to do with this information. ここでのline upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の文に出てくる「psychic body 」の訳についておしえてください。

次に「'The curious sensation I had of forcing myself through an obstructing medium was not a physical sensation at all, as we understand that word, but rather the psychric sensation of forcing my entity to re-cross the "gap" that had already formed between my falling psychic body now below the edge of the pit and my physical body standing on the floor of the room. And that "gap" was full of a force that strove to prevent my body and soul from rejoining. It was a terrible experience. Do you remember how I could still see with my brain through the eyes of my psychic body, though it had already fallen some distance out of me? That is an extraordinary thing to remember. 」という文があるのですが、その中に出てくる「psychic body 」の上手い訳が思いつきません。「超能力的身体」とでも訳せばいいのでしょうか。英語に詳しい方ぜひ「psychic body 」の訳について教えてください。お願いします。

• I am alone with myself

Not long after, Johnson's friend, the painter Joshua Reynolds, noted in his Discourses on Art that: 'The highest ambition of every Artist is to be thought a man of Genius.' But in 1826, the critic William Hazlitt suggested in his essay 'Whether genius is conscious of its powers?': 'No really great man ever thought himself so.... He who comes up to his own idea of greatness, must always have had a very low standard of it in his mind.' Picasso, for instance, said publicly: 'When I am alone with myself, I cannot regard myself as an artist. In the strict sense of the word. The great painters were Giotto, Rembrandt, and Goya.' *Johnson=Samuel Johnson この英文の中にある When I am alone with myselfについてですが、 I am aloneでも意味が通じる気がするのですが with myselfをつけることによってどういう意味合いになるのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 碑文の英語を日本語に訳して頂けないでしょうか?

He practised and taught law as nurtured in his native land,America,and made its spirit his legacy to their be loved,Japan; 'the application of those wise restraints which make men free.' He also found ex-pression in writing,music and art,and delight in exploring the sky. As his life's partner,Margot gave him her love and help to bring these efforts to fruition in the land they loved. 日本の為に力を尽くしてくれた方のお墓に刻まれていたものなので、意味を知りたくなりました。 どうかよろしくお願い致します。