• 締切済み

英語のタイトル 

英語のタイトル  ある本に《↓》と題されていたのですが、もっといい(または別の)英語タイトル 思い付きますか。 《 No Free Lunch 》 There was in Sung a man, who tilled a field in which there stood the trunk of a tree. Once a hare, while running fast, rushed against the trunk, broke its neck, and died. Thereupon the man cast his plough aside and watched that tree, hoping that he would get another hare. Yet he never caught another hare and was himself ridiculed by the people of Sung. *Sung=宋

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.2

#1です。てっきりお困りなのだと思って、少しでもお役にたてればと考えたまでです。誤った印象を与えてしまい、失礼いたしました。説教や挑戦をしたつもりは毛頭ありません。

cryforty
質問者

お礼

こういった態度は簡単なようでなかなかとれないものだと思います。 多くは沈黙するだけでしょう。 それでも貴方のおっしゃる「誤解」をしたとは思ってないので付け足しておきます。 挑戦されたとは感じていません。ただ、他の人(特定の個人ではない)の質疑を見ていて、たいした回答も出来ないのに補足要求や説教だけは一人前の中高年を前々から苦々しく思っていました。 この手の人が私の質問に来た場合、その発言内容に応じて言葉を返す方針です。 「説教」というのはNo.2のことです。 そうです。困っていません。それでも、当たり前の辞書や文法書を引けば解決するような質問をしている人たちよりは困っているつもりです。

cryforty
質問者

補足

締切りのシステム変更があったので、質問を閉じようと思います。 なお、補足や弁明の回答しか付かなかったので、以下のことを書き加えておきます。 仄聞するところによると、ジャパンタイムズ社では、記事のタイトルを付けるのにネイティブ社員の力に頼ることが少なくないらしい。 外国語で、内容を反映させ、的確かつ簡潔にタイトルを付けるのは、簡単ではないということです。

• ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.1

理想的なタイトルだと思いますが、それを替えなければいけない事情が何かあるのでしょうか? 題名や見出しやキャッチコピー、といったものは、目的に合わせて雰囲気を伝えるためのものですから、替えたい事情や目的などがないと、アドバイスをしにくいのですが。

cryforty
質問者

お礼

>それを替えなければいけない事情が何かあるのでしょうか? 「替えなければいけない」など誰も言ってません。 >替えたい事情や目的などがないと、アドバイスをしにくいのですが。 人の発想は様々です。食事ではなく毛皮を売ると発想する人がいるかもしれない。いたずらに待つ事の空しさに焦点をあてる人もいるかもしれない。そういった、人それぞれの着想を聞きたいと思っています(漢字を日常使っている日本人とそうではない外国人との違いにも興味があります)。それが目的です。 だから、この短文を読んで貴方が「思い付く」タイトルを自由に示していただければ結構です。 それと、せっかくですから… もし、お暇でしたらこちらにアドバイスお願いします。 虎の愚かさに焦点をあててタイトルを付けたいのですが、気の利いたタイトルが思いつきません。 A tiger hunts all the animals of the forest and devours them, but once when he caught a fox, the fox said, “You dare not eat me. The Lord of Heaven ordained me chief among beasts; if you now kill me you will be defying the will of Heaven. If you doubt that, follow behind me through the forest and watch the animals flee when they see me.” The tiger did indeed doubt the fox and therefore followed him. Animals saw them and fled, but the tiger did not realize the animals ran because they feared him. He had already been convinced they were afraid of the fox.

cryforty
質問者

補足

>題名や見出しやキャッチコピー、といったものは、目的に合わせて雰囲気を伝えるためのものですから、 「目的に合わせて」とはいいますが、これは故事(株守)ですから、大昔から受けつがれてきた、動かし難い話のポイントというものがあります。 特に質問者からリクエストがなければ、そのポイントを発想の軸に据えてタイトルを(回答できる人は)回答すればいいだけです。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の整序問題

整序問題で、分からなかった問題6問です。難しく思いました。解答解説等、教えて頂けると助かります。お願い致します。 1 I remember that once in a cottage hospital in England a man died while we were at tea,and though there were only six of us in the ward the nurses managed things so adoritly that the man was dead and his body removed (hearing/it/our/without/till/about) tea was over. 2 A defence of television history necessarily involves a (of/as/imagery/the power/in/belief) a behicle for understanding. 3 (was/Arthur/that/when/was/it/eight) his parents moved to Nottingham, where his Uncle George had a lace warehouse. 4 The past two centuries (in/seen/immense/have/an/increase) the range of garden plants. 5 In the history of skirts, the more voluminous they became, (to/the/it/more/was/difficult/wear) fitted mantles or jackets with them. 6 The best way for a collector to ensure he can find what he wants is to develop an interest in something machine-made. Mass production has democratised (within/collecting/and/it/brought/reach) of ordinary people.

• この英語を訳していただきたいです

(1)Victorian, by the sea. Where we are is private, but you can get into town. (2)I like that you can modernize the inside but let the bones remain. I think the Victorians got in right in the generosity of the rooms and the windows. (3)It was very stimulating, really, because he was shooting with a handheld camera over his shoulder, so he would talk to you and then go back in. Everything that Jamie and I went though, Sean was right there behind us, even for the battle at the end of the movie in the crypt. There was a sense that we were all in it together. (4)He wrote the movie, directed it, shot it, and was all over everything from costume to hair to makeup. You feel safe as an actor. And, as an actor, if you can’t feel safe, you can’t make a fool of yourself. (5)I’d been there once before in my foolish, misspent youth and drank a lot of beer. But when you’re working on a film as immersive as this, you kind of have to cancel reality.

• 今参考書を買って、英語を勉強しているのですが、どうしても次の2つのカッ

今参考書を買って、英語を勉強しているのですが、どうしても次の2つのカッコがわかりません どなたか教えてもらうととてもありがたいです。 In the early days of the United States of America, it was not easy to go from one city to Another. There was not any train and the roads were very bad. If a man wanted to go from one place to another, he bad to ride a horse. And because the roads were very bad, He sometimes became very dirty. One day a man in dirty clothes came to a hotel in a little town. “Do you have a room here for me?” he asked. The man at the desk thought, “This man is too dirty to stay at my hotel. I will tell him to go to another hotel.” “I am sorry,” he said. “We don’t have any rooms for you. There is a small hotel across the street. You can ask there.” Soon a man in fine clothes came into the hotel. He looked very important. “I’ve come to see Mr.Jefferson,” he said . “Mr.Jefferson?” “Yes, Vice-President Jefferson. We meet here.” The hotel man was surprised and said, “A man wearing( 1 )( 1 ) came here a little ago. I sent him to (  2 ) (  2 ).”he hotel man went to the Vice-President’s room in the other hotel. “Oh, Mr.Jefferson !” he cry. “I am very sorry. Now I know you are Vice-President, Not a farmer. We have a room for you. Please come back, sir.” “No,” said Mr.Jefferson. “If there is not a room for a farmer, there is not a room for the Vice-President.” この( 1 )と2のカッコには本文中の文字が入るらしいです。 またどうしてその答えになるのかも教えてください 本当に困ってます、どなたかよろしくお願いします。

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Walters is a man of few words. When asked by the press why he did it, he said: 'You can't just sit there.' When asked if he was scared, he answered:'Wonderfully so.' When asked if he would do it again, he said: 'No.' And asked if he was glad that he did it, he grinned said:'Oh,yes.' The human race sits in its chair.On the one hand is the message that says there's nothing left to do.And people like Larry Walters are busy tying balloons to their chairs, directed by dreams and imagination to realize them.

• 英語の質問です!

Fred thought he was a very clever man, and he was particularly proud of his skill in mathematics, ュ「but as often happens with people who have perhaps too high an opinion of themselves, he was impatient, and seldom listened to what others were saying. ュ」He was particularly bad about listening to his wife, and she often complained bitterly about this. お願いします!!

• 構文分析をして欲しいです。

One of the most painful circumstances of recent advances in science is that each of them makes us know less than we thought we did. When I was young we all knew, or thought we knew,that a man consists of a soul and a body;that the body is in time and space,but the soul is in the time only. Whether the soul survives death was a matter as to which opinions might differ,but that there is a soul was thought to be indubitable As for the body, the plain man considered its existence self-evident, and so did the man of science, but the philosopher was apt to analyze it away after one fashion or another. できるだけ詳しく教えていただけると嬉しいです。 よろしくお願い致しますm(_ _)m

• 今参考書を買って、英語を勉強しているのですが、どうしても次の2つのカッ

今参考書を買って、英語を勉強しているのですが、どうしても次の2つのカッ 今参考書を買って、英語を勉強しているのですが、どうしても次の2つのカッコがわかりません どなたか教えてもらうととてもありがたいです。 In the early days of the United States of America, it was not easy to go from one city to Another. There was not any train and the roads were very bad. If a man wanted to go from one place to another, he bad to ride a horse. And because the roads were very bad, He sometimes became very dirty. One day a man in dirty clothes came to a hotel in a little town. “Do you have a room here for me?” he asked. The man at the desk thought, “This man is too dirty to stay at my hotel. I will tell him to go to another hotel.” “I am sorry,” he said. “We don’t have any rooms for you. There is a small hotel across the street. You can ask there.” Soon a man in fine clothes came into the hotel. He looked very important. “I’ve come to see Mr.Jefferson,” he said . “Mr.Jefferson?” “Yes, Vice-President Jefferson. We meet here.” The hotel man was surprised and said, “A man wearing( 1 )( 1 ) came here a little ago. I sent him to (  2 ) (  2 ).”he hotel man went to the Vice-President’s room in the other hotel. “Oh, Mr.Jefferson !” he cry. “I am very sorry. Now I know you are Vice-President, Not a farmer. We have a room for you. Please come back, sir.” “No,” said Mr.Jefferson. “If there is not a room for a farmer, there is not a room for the Vice-President.” この( 1 )と2のカッコには本文中の文字が入るらしいです。 またどうしてその答えになるのかも教えてください 本当に困ってます、どなたかよろしくお願いします。 投稿日時 - 2010-04-25 12:52:55

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英文添削をお願いします。

英語の再勉強中です。 英文を作成しましたので添削をお願いします。 There was also an affair today. Of course, that result was our big boss. After our boss reported his work to him, he took a joke, ‘the man who gave me this info told me that this is so expensive.’ This word aroused him and yelled. Then he himself called on the man who said it and clamed about it like child in the presence of us. It was really unbelievable scene. There is a problem wherever he is.

• 英語のできなかった部分を直してください。

英語のできなかった部分を直してください。 ヨロシクお願いします。 ・日本文 日曜日の夜、警察は通報により、車を蹴飛ばし人を叩いた罪で20歳の男を逮捕した。 彼は道を聞いたが無視されたのでカッとなり運転手を叩いたと言ったが、 彼はお酒を飲んでいたことがわかった。 彼は2つの罪で起訴された。 ・英文 The Police arrested a 20years-old man who punched another man and was dented the hood of a car on Sunday night. The suspect told police he became upset after he tried ask. But he punched and dented a car before punching the man he tried ask. He was drank alcohol. よろしくお願いします。