My Life Couldn't Get Any Worse! Find out the Meaning of 'if that wasn't bad enough'

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the meaning of 'if that wasn't bad enough' in this insightful article. Uncover the implications it has on the speaker's life and emotions as they face a series of unfortunate events.
  • Curious about the expression 'give someone a wide berth'? Learn if native speakers commonly use this phrase and its significance in interpersonal relationships. Get the inside scoop on how it affected the relationship between the speaker and their boss.
  • Seeking to understand the phrase 'if that wasn't bad enough' and the usage of 'give someone a wide berth'? Look no further! This article delves into the meanings and implications of these expressions in real-life situations.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

And if that wasn’t bad enough, even

And if that wasn’t bad enough, even my boss got to know that and he now gives me a wide berth. And when I spoke about why he was particularly snubbing me, he told me that he didn’t want his employees to think there was anything going on between us! Could my life get any worse? ここのif that wasn't bad enough, の意味を教えて頂けますでしょうか。 また、give someone a wide berth という言い回しはネイティヴは普通に使う言葉ですか? 教えてください。よろしくお願いいたします。

• trytr
  • お礼率11% (24/211)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

直訳すれば「それが十分悪くなかったかのように」 > (既に状態が良くないのに)それに加えて  意訳すれば「泣きっ面に蜂」下記に例があります。  http://eow.alc.co.jp/bad+enough/UTF-8/  「遠くよけて通る」> 君子危うきに近寄らず > 触らぬ神に祟りなし   年中使います(僕ネイティブじゃありませんけど)ご参考までに http://eow.alc.co.jp/wide+berth/UTF-8/  

その他の回答 (1)

• spring135
  • ベストアンサー率44% (1487/3332)
回答No.1

>ここのif that wasn't bad enough, の意味を教えて頂けますでしょうか。 それ(that)がとんでもなくまずいというわけではないならば >また、give someone a wide berth という言い回しはネイティヴは普通に使う言葉ですか? 私の持っている研究社の標準的な辞書にも「人を避ける、敬遠する」と出ていますので普通に使われると思います。ただし、私は初めて出会いました。

関連するQ&A

• as if my day wasn't bad e

as if my day wasn't bad enough  とは 今日はとってもいい日でした、と言う意味ですか?宜しくお願いします。これだけで使えますか?

• I'm so gone. If it wasn't for me?

I'm so gone. If it wasn't for me? 全文:"It's my fault. If it wasn't for me, you never would have met him. Luke wouldn't be in the hospital. I feel like ever since I got here, everybody's lives' just gotten worse. All I was thinking about in that ambulance was - I'm so gone. Back to Chino or worse." if it wasn't for meとI'm so goneとはどういう意味でしょうか

• It wasn't that great の that

先日 私 How was your vacation ? 友人 It wasn't that great . The food was awful 以上の様な会話が有りました。 友人の会話の中の that はどのような意味なのでしょうか? おわかりになるかたおしえて下さい。 よろしくおねがいします。

• enough to を so that にできない

ふつうは、 She was lucky enough to have ten grandchildren, She was so lucky that she had ten grandchildren. のように書きかえできますが、 He is old enough to drive. He is so old that he can drive. だと書きかえることができません。これだと、彼は年をとっていて、運転できるということになってしまいます。 このような書きかえはどうしてできないのでしょう? 書き換えができないパターンはどういう共通点があるのでしょうか?

• There/It wasn't enough time

I wanted to visit the museum, but XXXX wasn't enough time. という問題で、答えは there でした。時間なので、it と私は安直に考えたのですが・・。何故there が正解なのか、また何故it ではマズイのかお答え頂けませんでしょうか。宜しくお願い致します。

• The game wasn't play due to the bad weatherは正しいですか?

The game wasn't play due to the bad weatherは正しいですか? The game didn't play due to the bad weatherではないのですか?

• my adoption wasn't open

I'm 14 years old and adopted. As I've gotten older, the feeling of wanting to know my real family has grown stronger. Because my adoption wasn't open, I can't meet my biological family. I know the government means well by these laws, but it makes me feel empty inside. my adoption wasn't openとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Tom wasn't here. に対して「わたしもいなかった」

Tom wasn't here. に対する返答として Neither was I. Nor was I. Me neither. Me either. のどの返答がいいですか?複数回答ありでお願いします。(Me either. ってあるんですか?)

• 意味を教えてください

I was divorced for 10 years, and am now remarried. Four months after we said I do, my first husband left me (on Valentine's Day!) without a word. It was out of character for him not to come home, and I was so worried I reported him to the police as a missing person. If that wasn't enough, he left me owing the power and water bills, and our rent was three months behind. owing the power and water billsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

A few months ago, I started dating a really great guy. I consider it my first “adult relationship.” I had a handful of flings in college, but either I’d be trying to force the situation to fit a narrative in my head that wasn’t really happening (i.e., the guy didn’t like me that much), or I’d be detached and uninterested enough that whoever I was seeing couldn’t hurt me if he was uninterested too (which often ended in my discovering deeper feelings and getting hurt, anyway). force the situation to fit a narrative in my headの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします