• 締切済み

!至急!和訳お願いします!!!

長文ですが、この文章を和訳していただけないでしょうか? Maybe Paulie's mother was right. On my second Open School Day she told me I was a cheat. She was proud of her Paulie, future electrician, nice kid who planned to start his own business one day. He wanted to marry a nice girl, have a family, and stay out of trouble. I was angry with her. But, at the back of my head a little voice filled me with doubt. Maybe I was a cheat. Maybe I wasn't a good teacher. "I ask my kid about his day in school, and he tells me about stories of Ireland and you coming to New York. Stories, stories, stories. You know what you are? A cheat. And I'm saying that kindly, trying to help." I wanted to be a good teacher. I wanted to fill my students’ heads with spelling and vocabulary. I wanted to help them have a better file, but I didn’t know how. The mother said she was Irish, married to an Italian, and could see all my secrets. She knew my game. When I told her I agreed with her she said,”Ooh, you agree with me? You actually know you’re cheat?” “I’m just trying to do my best. They ask me questions about my life and I answer them. They don’t listen when I try to teach English. They look out the window. They sleep. They eat sandwiches. They want the bathroom.” “Why don’t you teach them what they need to learn―spelling and big words? What will my son, Paulie, do when he goes out into the big world and he can’t use big words?” I told Paulie’s mother that I hoped to be a good teacher one day, confident in the classroom. But until then, I was going to continue trying. I don’t know why, but that made her emotional. She started crying and looked in her handbag for a handkerchief. I offered her mine, but she shook her head and asked,”Who does your washing? That’s the saddest-looking gray handkerchief I’ve ever seen in my life. Your shoes, too. I’ve never seen such sad shoes. No woman would ever let you buy shoes like them. It’s easy to see you’ve never been married.” She brushed the tears from her eyes with the back of her hand. “Do you think my Paulie can spell handkerchief?” “I don’t think so. It’s not on the list.” “Do you see what I mean? You people have no idea. You don’t have handkerchief on the list, but he’ll need handkerchiefs all his life. Every day Paulie comes home telling us these stories and we don’t need to hear them. We’ve got our own troubles. It’s easy to see that you’re new in this country . . .” “No, I’m not new this country. I was born in here. I was in the army here. I worked on the docks. I graduated from New York University.” “See?” She said,” That’s what I mean. I ask you a simple question and you give me the story of your life. Be careful, Mr.McCourd. These kids don’t need to know the life story of every teacher in the school. Just give them spelling and words. Mr.McCourd and the parents of this school will thank you forever. Forget the storytelling. If we want stories, we’ve got a TV Guide as home.” よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数5

みんなの回答

• pikadabu
  • ベストアンサー率33% (1/3)
回答No.1

こんにちは! 和訳すると… たぶんPaulieの母親は正しかったです。 私の第2オープンスクール・デイでは、彼女は、私が詐欺であると私に言いました。 彼女は彼女のPaulie、将来の電気技術者、ある日彼自身のビジネスを始めるのを計画していた親切な子供を誇りに思っていました。 彼は、親切な少女と結婚して、家族があって、問題を避けたがっていました。 私は彼女に怒っていました。 しかし、私の私の頭の後部を、小さい声は疑問で満たしました。 たぶん、私は詐欺でした。 たぶん、私は良い教師ではありませんでした。 「私は学校で彼の日頃に関して子供に尋ねます、そして、彼はニューヨークに来ながら、アイルランドとあなたの話に関して私に話します。」 話、話、話。 あなたは、何であるかを知っていますか? 詐欺。 「そして、助けようとして、私はそんなに親切に言っています。」 私は良い教師になりたかったです。 私はスペルとボキャブラリーで私の学生の頭を満たしたかったです。 彼らには、より良いファイルがあるのを助けたかったのですが、私はその方法を知りませんでした。 母親は彼女がアイルランドのであったと言って、イタリア語と結婚して、私のすべての秘密を見ることができました。 彼女は私のゲームを知っていました。 私が、彼女が言うと彼女に同意したと彼女に言ったときの「Ooh、あなたは私に同意しますか?」 「あなたは、詐欺であることを実際に知っていますか?」 「私はただ最善をつくそうとしています。」 彼らは私の人生に関して私に質問します、そして、私はそれらに答えます。 私が英語を教えようとするとき、彼らは、聴きません。 彼らは窓の外を見ます。 彼らは眠ります。 彼らはサンドイッチを食べます。 「彼らは浴室が欲しいです。」 「彼らが、何を学ぶ必要であるかを彼らに教えてくれませんか?--スペルと難解な言葉」 「彼が大きい世界に出かけて、大言壮語できないとき、私の息子、Paulieは何をするでしょうか?」 私は、ある日の教室で自信がある、良い教師であることを望んでいたとPaulieの母親に言いました。 しかし、それまで、私は、試み続けるつもりでした。 私は理由を知りませんが、それで、彼女は感情的になりました。 彼女は、ハンカチのために泣き始めて、ハンドバッグの中を見ました。 私が私のものを彼女に提供しましたが、彼女は、頭を横に振って、「だれが洗濯しますか?」と尋ねました。 それは私が今までに人生で見たことがある最も悲しく見えるグレーのハンカチです。 また、あなたの靴。 私はそのような悲しい靴を一度も見たことがありません。 どんな女性もあなたにそれらのような靴を買わせないでしょう。 「あなたが一度も結婚したことがないのがわかるのは、簡単です。」 彼女は手の甲で目から涙をブラッシングしました。 「あなたは、私のPaulieがハンカチをつづることができると思いますか?」 「私はそのように思いません。」 「それはリストにありません。」 「あなたは私が言っていることがわかりますか?」 あなた方人々は分かりません。 あなたはリストにハンカチを持っていませんが、彼は、一生ハンカチを必要とするでしょう。 毎日Paulieはこれらの話を私たちにするのに帰って来ます、そして、私たちはそれらを聞く必要はありません。 私たちには、私たち自身の問題があります。 「あなたがこの国で新しいのがわかるのは、簡単である」、「いいえ、私が新しくない、この国、」 私はここで生まれました。 軍隊には私がここにいました。 私はドックで働きました。 「私はニューヨーク大学を卒業しました。」 「見てくださいか?」 「彼女は言った」ThatがどんなI平均であるか。 私は易しい問題をあなたに尋ねます、そして、あなたは身の上話を私に教えます。 McCourdさん、注意してください。 これらの子供は学校ですべての教師の身上話を知る必要はありません。 ただスペルと単語をそれらに与えてください。 この学校のMcCourdさんと両親は、いつまでも、感謝するでしょう。 物語を忘れてください。 「話が欲しいと思うなら、私たちには、家としてテレビのガイドがいます。」 になると思います。 他にも色々と翻訳できるので、試してみてください。

参考URL:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/
snowstorm1
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 しかし、私もエキサイトなどの翻訳は利用した後、 こちらを利用させていただいております。 自動翻訳などではなく、それっぽい和訳が欲しいのです。泣 しかし、この解答も参考にさせていただこうと思います。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

"I have thought about it, but I haven't come to a decision about carrying a donor card yet. I don't like the thought of being cut up and my heart being taken out. I know I'd be dead and I wouldn't feel anything, but I still don't like the idea." "I'll never forget the time when my daughter was suffering from a kidney disease. In order to save her life, I decided to give one of my kidneys to her. Now she's fifteen years old and wonderfully strong and healthy. I'm sure that everyone should carry a donor card."

• 英文の和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 One summer's day in 1862, a young man and a pretty little girl got into a rowing boat on the River Thames. The man was Charles Dodgson, a professor of mathematics at Oxford University, and the pretty dark-haired girl was Alice Liddell, his friend's daughter. It was a very hot day and as he gently rowed the boat on the peace- ful river, his young companion began to get restless. "Tell me a story," she said, "with plenty of nonsense in it." So Dodgson began to invent a fantastic story to amuse his pretty young friend. "Alice was beginning to get very tired," he began, "sitting with nothing to do... Dodgson made Alice the central character of the story, and as he described her fantastic journey, little Alice Liddell listened atten- tively, smiled, laughed and cried. This was the beginning of a story that would captivate children throughout the world for the next hundred years. He called the story, "Alice's Adventures in Wonder land' and published it under the name of Lewis Carroll. In the winter of 1928, a little old lady entered Sotheby's, a fa mous auctioneer's in London. "Excuse me," she said, "I was told you accept manuscripts for auction. You see, I need some money, so I would like to sell thi old manuscript. "Yes, we do accept manuscripts," said the auctioneer, "but they have to be original and by famous authors. "This is an original manuscript, it was given to me many years ago by a friend of my family," replied the old lady, "I don't want to part with it, but I have to sell it." She handed him the manuscript. He opened it and read the hand- written inscription inside. "A Christmas gift to a dear child in memory of a Summer's day. The auctioneer stopped reading and looked up at the little old woman who was standing in front of him. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. You... you are Alice," he said slowly. "Yes," replied the old lady, "I am Alice." The manuscript was sold to an American collector for $77,000, and Alice lived comfortably until her death.

• 日記風に、語りかけるように書きました。私の気持ちは通じますか?

19年間一緒だった、猫のタマが死んでしまいました。気持ちを英語で書いてみました。添削をお願いしたいのです。 Hi, my Crystal! I did not come here for a long time. Do you get angry? Crystal, please listen to my story. I didn't remember, but did I talk about my Tama? Tama was a female cat. Her body was white like a snow. And her long tail and nose was black. Could you image her? She was very cute and liked to take a nap in my lap. Last Sunday, Tama passed away. At that time all of my family was around her. I was sad, because I could not do anything for her. We only kept watching her. She was 19 years old. If she was a human, she was over 100 years old. Last night, when we ate a dinner I felt something different. It was air, color, voice, degree or…….I could not explain my feeling. I buried her in my garden. Now there are a lot of flowers blooming there. I want to plant many flowers in all seasons. Tama! You will be in our heart forever! Crystal, I wanted you to see Tama. If I have a chance, I will send you a picture of Tama. Now it is 11:30pm. I have to say to you "Good night, my Crystal"

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

翻訳機などは使わずに訳していただきたいです。 1.The parents were against the introduction of ID tags containing students' names, grades, and even photos. 2. A lazy student stood in front of his stern teacher and said, "I'm sorry. I could not get the homework done by the deadline." 3. James started at Mr. Yokota, not knowing what to say or to do. 4. A : You have to take chances in life. B : Talking of chances, I'd better go now. There's a chance I will miss my train. 5. Then, in 1912, the self - starter came into use. Suddenly, cars were as easy to start as electric fans. 6. For a plant to flourish, it must have a good supply of light, water, and minerals. 7. She couldn't help but laugh at the performance by the comedians. 8. My sister insisted on my solving the problem by himself. 9. A : What do you say to taking a taxi ? B : Sounds better than taking a bus. 10. Whether they agree or not, I carry out the plan. 11. It will be a while before I get used to the new computer. 12. Why did she give up trying, when she might have succeeded ? 13. Without American influence, Japanese culture would not be what it is today. 14. They spoke only English and French, neither of which she understood. 15. A : Which of these sweaters do you think I should buy ? B : Buy whicheveryou like. 16. We had to do without petrol during the fuel crisis. 17. They say that Japanese people are punctual by and large , judging from the fact that they can start their meetings in time. 18. She borrowed my bike and never gave it back. And what is more , she broke the lawnmower and then pretended she hadn't. 19. It never occurred to her that graduate school would be so difficult. 20. At first I thought he was shy, but then I discovered he was just not interested in other people. 21. She always stays calm. I've never seen her lose her temper. お手数をかけますが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

When things go wrong, I urge you to stop thinking about yourself. If you look around, you will see that everybody has disappointments, often far worse than yours. Watch and study how other women and men cope with disappointments. Many face their problems with courage and determination. Their example can inspire you to find the strength to react.  I would like to share with you the moving story of a young woman who courageously overcome the stress caused by a terrible burn accident. This young woman was a talented and successful ballerina. Dancing gave meaning to her life. Whenever she danced, she communicated the joy in her heart and the inspiration in her soul to the people who watched.  One Christmas day when she was preparing a special dinner for family, her dress caught fire. Within second, she became a human torch. The flames burned so quickly and cruelly into her flesh that she was mad with pain. She would have died if her father had not heard scream. He laced kitchen, threw himself on top of her, and put out the fire with his own body.

• 和訳お願いします。

Rachel has a lot of young fans. Does she think of herself as a role model, or someone they can respect? Rachael says:`I don't really consider myself to be a role model. If someone wants to think of me as one, that's great. But I don't really see why they would. Iexpected to come here, do my best, have my dogs do their best, and hopefully finish in the top 15 or 20. But that obviously didn't happen. The worst thing you can do is to give up. It doesn't matter what your 'disability' is. You can overcome it." Rachael manages to complete the race. As she passes the finish line, everybody cheers. She finishes the weeklong race as the 23rd racer out of 27 racers. Many people are very proud of her and what she has done. She has achieved a lot . After the race,Rachael stands proudly at the finish line with the other racers. Although she did not win the race itself, she successfully completed seven days of hard racing. She made it across 300 difficult miles guided by her alternate senses and her love of racing. In many people's opinions, this is what makes Rachael a real winner !

• 和訳してください。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳機を使わずに和訳してください。 細かい部分がよく理解できません。 I trying to convince her that she didn't need to ask me for everything, that I wasn't always right about everything, that she should speak up and stand up for herself and argue with me when I had the wrong idea... but she just didn't want to learn. Deep down inside, I discovered, she was the sort of woman who wanted a strong man to dominate her, whom she could lean on and rely on for anything she needed. She wanted to feel safe and taken care of. I don't think that's a bad thing on its own... but over those years I started to become a man I don't want to be: arrogant, controlling, overconfident. Like I couldn't help but enjoy all that power she was always giving me. But I don't want to be that man. And I don't want to live that relationship. I *have* to be able to grow, to learn, to always be taking life as a new lesson, but how can I do that if I'm never wrong about anything? It was too tempting, and it made me a darker person. So, though I loved her very much and it tore my heart to do it, I had to end our relationship. I was not the man she was looking for, even though she wanted me to be. And she was not the woman I have been looking for, even though I desperately loved her beauty and inner light

• 和訳お願いします。

They reach the avenue, and the street-car leisurely arrives. They going to Coney Island this afternoon, although my mother really consid such pleasures inferior. She has made up her mind to indulge only in a w on the boardwalk and a pleasant dinner, .avoiding the riotous amusements being beneath the dignity of so dignified a couple. My father tells my mother how much money he has made in the wc just past, exaggerating an amount which need not have been exaggerat, But my father has always felt that actualities somehow fall short, no ma1 how fine they are. Suddenly I begin to weep. The determined old lady m sits next to me in the theatre is annoyed and looks at me with an angry fa and being intimidated, I stop. I drag out my handkerchief and dry my fa licking the drop which has fallen near my lips. Meanwhile I have mis: something, for here are my father and mother alighting from the street-cax the last stop, Coney Island. They walk toward the boardwalk, and my mother commands my father inhale the pungent air from the sea. They both breathe in deeply, both them laughing as they do so. They have in common a great interest health, although my father is strong and husky, and my mother is frail. They are both full of theories about what is good to eat and not good to eat, a sometimes have heated discussions about it, the whole matter ending in my father's announcement, made with a scornful bluster, that you have to sooner or later anyway. On the boardwalk's flagpole, the Arnerican flag is pulsing in an intermittent wind from the sea.

• 和訳おねがいします

翻訳機は使わないでください^^; So she said to Tammy, "Why would anyone write about school?" Tommy looked at her. "Because it's not our kind of school, stupid. This is the old kind of school that they had hundreds of years ago." He added, saying the word carefully, " Centuries ago." Margie was hurt. "Well, I don't know what kind of school they had all that time ago." She read the book over his shoulder for a while. Then she said, "Anyway, they had a teacher." "Sure they had a teacher, but it wasn't a regular teacher. It was a man." "A man? How could a man be a teacher?" "Well, he just told the boys and girls things. He gave them homework and asked them questions." "A man isn't smart enough." "Sure he is. My father knows as much as my teacher." "He can't. A man can't know as much as a teacher." "He knows almost as much, I'm sure." Margie wasn't prepared to argue. She said, "I wouldn't want a strange man in my house to teach me." Tommy laughed. 'You don't know much, Margie. The teachers didn't live in the house. They had a special building, and all the kids went there." "And all the kids learned the same thing?' "Sure, if they were the same age." "But my mother says a teacher has to be adjusted to fit the mind of each boy and girl it teaches. Each kid has to be taught in different ways." "Just the same, they didn't do it that way then. If you don't like it, you don't have to read the book." "I didn't say I didn't like it," Margie said quickly. She wanted to read about those funny schools. They weren't even half finished when Margie's mother called, "Margie! School!" Margie looked up. "Not yet, Mama." "Now," said Mrs. Jones. "And it's probably time for Tommy, too." Margie said to Tommy, "Can I read the book some more with you after school?' "Maybe," he said. He walked away whistling, the book under his arm.

• 至急和訳お願いします!

至急和訳お願いします! When I came to the United States as a lad of six, the most needful lesson for me, as a boy, was the necessity for thrift. I had been taught in my home across the sea that thrift was one of the fundamentals in a successful life. My family had come from a land noted for its thrift ; but we had been in the United States only a few days before the realization came home strongly to my father and mother that they had brought their children to a land of waste. Where the Dutchman saved , the American wasted. There was waste,and the most prodial waste, on every hand. In every street-car and on every ferry-boat the floors and seats were littered with newspapers that had been read and thrown away or left behind. お願いします!