• ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします。

Are you going to the party tonight? ★It depends. ★On what? ★On what time I can finish work. What time do you usually finish working? At six. ★印の所が訳せません。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.3

> It depends. これは、It depends on ... (~次第である)の on を省略したものだと思えば分りやすいのではないでしょうか。 > On what? 上の文で on が省略されていたのを復活させていますが、その代わりに It depends を省略しています。It depends on what? (何次第だっての?) > On what time I can finish work. ここでも It depends は省略されたままです。口語だから、そういうこともあるのでしょう。 いきなり On ... で始まっていますが、It Depends on what time I can finish work. という文を、簡略化したものだと考えればいいでしょう。 (It depends) on (~による、~次第だ)what time (何時に)I can finish work (私が仕事を終えることができるか)→ ぼくが何時に仕事を終えられるかによるんだ。

michi829
質問者

お礼

詳しい説明ありがとうございました。 「省略」とは思いもよりませんでした。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

「今夜パーティーに行くのかい  そりゃあれにかかってるんだ  何にかかってんだ    いつ仕事を終わらせるかにかかってるんだ  でいつもは何時に終わるんだ  6時」 でしょうか。

michi829
質問者

お礼

思いもしませんでした。内容がよく分かりました。ありがとうございました。

noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.1

状況しだい 何の? 仕事がいつ終わるかということ

michi829
質問者

お礼

おもいもしなかったです。なるほど~ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

Here is what we agreed on yesterday. You usually end the auction as promised, but this time you didn't because I suspect you knew there were going to be other bids.

• 意味を教えて下さい

飲みに行くシーンで、 I usually just go with an ale, although I've been meaning to give Bailey's a try. I think I'll have that. Man, it's awfully lively tonight. What do you think is going on? というセリフがあるのですが、最後の"What do you think is going on?"の意味がよくわかりません。会話の流れからすると、「あなたは何を飲む?」という感じだと思うのですが、そうだとすると、"be going on"の意味がよくわからないです。教えてください。

• 英訳してみました・・

よく外国の方がいる飲み屋に行くのですが、そこで言いそうな言葉を英訳してみました。合っていますでしょうか? “早くからいるの?”(店に入ったら、知人がすでに飲んでいるときに) Have you been here for long? “仕事はいつも何時に終わるの?” “その日の忙しさによって違うけど、通常は7時ぐらいかな” What time do you usually finish work? That depends on how busy the work is, but usually, 7 o'clock. “そっちの電車はいつまで大丈夫なの?” “終電は11時半だから、まだ大丈夫だよ” How late does your train run?  The last train is at half past eleven. I still have time to enjoy the drinks!

• 和訳お願いします。

かなり長いですが、よろしくお願いします。 I want to you listen, and pay close attention for what I’m going to say. If you didn’t have time today for some “You, and me time” You haven’t made the time. Quite obviously you say in terms that apparently I’m important, that you love me, etc. It depends on you to make the time, as for me I do make time for you. When I’m not free I’ll tell you, if I am I’ll tell you. I’m telling you this because I love you. All I’m asking you is to make some time for us. FaceTime especially, if you don’t want to that’s fine. Just say something. I can’t read your mind.

• usually

What time do you usually get up?という質問には答えるときもusuallyが必要ですか

• 疑問文のknowとsupposeの違いについて

「パーティが何時に始まるかわかりますか」の文で What time do you know the party will begin ア がダメで What time do you suppose the party will begin イ がなぜいいのか わかりません。しかもdo you know は文頭に置いて Do you know what time ~ならば可能であると聞いてなおさら わからなくなりました。 もちろんDo you know~で尋ねるとYes/Noで答え、What time ~ ならば時間で答えるのはわかっています。knowが文頭に来るならsupposeもいいようにしか思えないです。有識者の方ぜひとも詳しい解説をお願いします!。

•  この曲の和訳をお願いできますか? もし無理なら、どんな意味の曲か教え

この曲の和訳をお願いできますか? もし無理なら、どんな意味の曲か教えて下さい! ついでにこの曲は、puccycatdollsのwhacha think about thatです!  [Missy Elliot and PCD:] (Ladies) So if your dude aint actin right, you tell that dude he got to go, If that dude be clamin that he broke, you tell that dude he got to go If he wants you to stay in the house everyday and night, you tell that dude he got to go If he wants to run the streets, Then you run the streets to and you tell him he got to go Baby, Baby somebody's gonna cry tonight, Baby (baby), Baby (baby), but it won't be my tears tonight (Lets go!) So whatcha think about that, whatcha think about it, So whatcha think about that, that, that (oh baby) Tonight we're gonna switch up, I'll do you, you do me, Tonight your gonna stay home while I run the streets What do you, what do you, what do you, what do you think about that baby, What do you, what do you, what do you, what do you think about that? Baby!, Imma let you play my part, So you can feel a broken heart, Let me just talk, make sure that you call So I can say it Baby, Baby somebody's gonna cry tonight, Baby (baby), Baby (baby), but it won't be my tears tonight So whatcha think about that, whatcha think about it, So whatcha think about that, that, that (oh baby) Tonight your gonna call me a thousand times, Tonight I'mma make up a thousand lies How do you, How do you, How do you, How do you feel about that baby, How do you, How do you, How do you, How do you feel about that?

• おはようございます!和訳お願いします!!

おはようございます!和訳お願いします!! Do you party for halloween there? what are you wearing

• 和訳してください

アメリカのHFからこんなメールが送られてきました。   Hi Little Sister. Hope that school is going good. I am thinking highly on going back to school to finish my Holistic Health Degree. It will be a challenge with working and taking care of Joey but I need to further my education and get a better job so I can come to Japan and visit you and your family. Love you and miss you. サイトを使って和訳してみたものの、意味がよくわかりません・・・ どなたかわかりやすく和訳してもらえないでしょうか?>< お願いします

• 和訳お願いします

和訳をお願いします I don't Know what I can tell you any more. I am the bad guy ! I talked to her again, I know what is going on between you girls. I am pretty sure that You will find good man of your life. I am sorry for everything. Take care!! If you like calling me, just do it . you are good girl! I did not mean to hurt your feeling.