• ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします!For the first time in my life

For the first time in my life, I know less about a subject after it has been explained to me. So they put me in to bat. スポーツ(野球?)のルール説明を聞いた後の文です。 宜しくお願いしますm(_ _ )m

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.2

「(それまで説明の後は、前より物がよく分かったものだが、この時は)生まれてはじめて一つの事の説明を受けた後で、前より分からなくなった。そのとき、彼らは私をバッターボックスに立たせた。」  というような意味でしょうかね。

その他の回答 (2)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.3

SPS700さんの訳がよいと思います。 So は、「それで」と訳してもいいかも。 説明をしたのに訳が分らないような顔をしているので、実際にバットを構えてそこに立ってみろ、ということで「私」はバッターボックスに立っている、という状況ではないでしょうか。 put me in to bat は、直訳すれば「バットを振るところに私を立たせる」でしょう。

• oldpapa70
  • ベストアンサー率34% (682/1991)
回答No.1

機械翻訳 生まれて初めて、それが私に説明された後に、私は、問題に関してそれほど知りません。 それで、彼らは、打つために私を入れます。 ↓意訳 彼等は打つために、私を入れたことを後に私に説明してくれて、はじめて(そのことを)知りました。 でいいのかな?頼りない回答ですみませんね。英語の達者な方からの回答を待ちましょう(私もよい勉強になりますわ)

関連するQ&A

• "moments in life"を和訳すると?

"moments in life"という英文文章が気にいっています(下記に一部を示します)。 しかし、この文章のタイトルの"moments in life"の意味が良く分かりませんので教えて下さい。 MOMENTS IN LIFE There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real! When the door of happiness closes, another opens; but often times we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one, which has been opened for us. Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile, because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright, find the one that makes your heart smile. 以下省略します。 以上

• My mother has been in goo

My mother has been in good health ever since she got to Tokyo. この分のever って抜いたらダメですか?

• for the time ever

I am a 68-year-old widow with two grown children, both married, both living nearby. I dearly love babies and baby-sit as much as possible. My son and wife had my first grandson over the summer. My son called me the morning after to invite me to see him, so I did for a few minutes. Then, a few weeks later and a few weeks after that, my son invited me to their home to see the baby again. So I went. When I didn't see the baby for several weeks, I texted my daughter-in-law to ask whether I could see the baby but got no response. I knew she would be going back to work soon, so I asked again. No response. The next thing I knew, my son told me to leave them alone -- that they wanted their privacy. I cried and cried but don't know what happened. He told me to not text or call. This happened around Thanksgiving, when, for the time ever, we didn't spend the holiday together. for the time everとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• TIMEの和訳

どなたか以下の文章を訳していただけませんか? 自分は2文目の初めのitはthat以下をさすと思うのですがどうでしょうか? Because its regime is one of the most loathsome in the world,there is a temptation to see every political development in North Korea as a precursor to the sort of instability that might one day lead to real change. So it has been with the announcement that Kim Jong Un,thought to be 27,a son of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il,had been promoted to general -a sign that he is likely to inherit his father's,and his grandfather's,mantle.

• 和訳お願いいたします。

They were very interested to know how your trip went? And my mother said that your are very "kawaii so" because it has not been so cold in more than 100 years. Come to think of it ... you're really not very fortunate. In summer you visited Osaka and it hasn't been so warm for 100+ years. And when you visit Belgium in winter ... it hasn't been so cold for more then 100 years. You really go through cold and heat to see me ... I'm so happy to know you ... Of course you can stay in "our" hotel room as much and as long you want. . I come to Tokyo for you. If you ask me about my top 5 things I want to do when I'm in Tokyo,

• working up to capacity

DEAR ABBY: I'm a student who maintains a decent GPA. However, my parents believe they have a genius in the making. Since I started at a new school, my mother has been pressuring me more than twice as much. She no longer talks to me except to pester me about that B or C in algebra or any other class. I understand that she wants me to be smart, and I know I should be trying to live up to her expectations of a flawless, straight-A student, but I don't believe I can. Please help me. -- UNDER PRESSURE DEAR UNDER PRESSURE: It might help if you would talk with your teachers about this, and ask if THEY think you are DEAR ABBY: I'm a student who maintains a decent GPA. However, my parents believe they have a genius in the making. Since I started at a new school, my mother has been pressuring me more than twice as much. She no longer talks to me except to pester me about that B or C in algebra or any other class. I understand that she wants me to be smart, and I know I should be trying to live up to her expectations of a flawless, straight-A student, but I don't believe I can. Please help me. -- UNDER PRESSURE DEAR UNDER PRESSURE: It might help if you would talk with your teachers about this, and ask if THEY think you are working up to capacity. DEAR ABBY: I'm a student who maintains a decent GPA. However, my parents believe they have a genius in the making. Since I started at a new school, my mother has been pressuring me more than twice as much. She no longer talks to me except to pester me about that B or C in algebra or any other class. I understand that she wants me to be smart, and I know I should be trying to live up to her expectations of a flawless, straight-A student, but I don't believe I can. Please help me. -- UNDER PRESSURE DEAR UNDER PRESSURE: It might help if you would talk with your teachers about this, and ask if THEY think you are DEAR ABBY: I'm a student who maintains a decent GPA. However, my parents believe they have a genius in the making. Since I started at a new school, my mother has been pressuring me more than twice as much. She no longer talks to me except to pester me about that B or C in algebra or any other class. I understand that she wants me to be smart, and I know I should be trying to live up to her expectations of a flawless, straight-A student, but I don't believe I can. Please help me. -- UNDER PRESSURE DEAR UNDER PRESSURE: It might help if you would talk with your teachers about this, and ask if THEY think you are working up to capacity. working up to capacityはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いしますはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 緊急なのですがこの英文翻訳をお願いします

Hi customs have got the car they are saying the car is got a much greater value than what was paid for it, can you send me a copy of the air shipping document because the value has been incorrectly filled in and I need to show it to them, please send asap as they will send it back to Japan to fill in as the right value has not put on the document

• よろしくお願いします

I'm a 15 year old trans guy in high school. I came out to my parents earlier last year (which was unbelievably terrifying) and they seemed okay with it at the time. Except, well, now things are a bit different. First off, when I first came out to them they refused to let me go by a different name, since my birth name is technically unisex. Even after I explained to them that since it's only ever been used femininely for me and therefore causes all sorts of bad feelings, they wouldn't budge. I figured, whatever, I can deal with it until I get my name officially changed. Their pronoun usage has been... questionable. They still won't use my actual pronouns for more than a sentence even after I correct them. Their pronoun usage has been... questionable. They still won't use my actual pronouns for more than a sentence even after I correct them. の意味と解説をよろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Both of my parents are alcoholics. Every time they drink, they don't know how to act, especially my mom. She is the worst type of drunk a person could be; she urinates on herself, and she yells. There have been times when she has tried to put her hands on me for hiding the alcohol from her. urinates on herselfは「おもらしをする」でしょうか?あと、ここでの put her handsはどのよな意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳お願いします

John Palumbo, another industry expert, is sure that underground marketing is the right way to reach young people. "A product has to have credibility to succeed," he says. "People have to see it. They have to understand it in real way. The best way to do that is to put it in their world. And that's what we do. We put the product in their lige." However, one might ask what exactly is "real" about two young women pretending to be enthusiastic about a sweater? Advertising executives would say it's no less real than an ad. The difference is that you know an ad is trying to presuade you to buy something. You don't know when a conversation you overhear is just a performance