TOEFLの問題集から質問させていただきます

このQ&Aのポイント
  • TOEFLの問題集からの質問です。二人の会話において、"though"の意味について質問します。
  • TOEFLの問題集からの質問です。電話の配線に関する会話で、"someone's going to trip on this telephone cord"の意味について質問します。
  • TOEFLの問題集からの質問です。評判の名医の診察について、"taking a good book with you"の表現の意味について質問します。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

TOEFLの問題集から質問させていただきます

TOEFLの某問題集からです。御教授よろしくお願い致します。 1.二人の会話です That last physics exam was really tough! Wasn't it, though! Wasn't itが「ですよね」という意味なのは分かりますが、次のthoughはこの場合どういう意味ですか?普通は「~だけど」ですが、この場合違うように思います。 2.電話の配線についての会話です。 I'm afraid someone's going to trip on this telephone cord. Should we try to run it behind the filing cabinet? someone's going to trip on this telephone cordは誰かが電話のコードをどうしたという事でしょうか? 3.評判の名医の診察を受けようと思っている人が、事情を知っている人から忠告されて。 You'd better plan on taking a good book with you. (評判が良いので、混雑しているから)うまく予約を取ったほうがいいよという意味だとは思うんですが、辞書でtaking a good book with というような表現が見つかりません。それでいいでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.1

1. http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/ask-teacher/30210-wasnt-though.html#post130178 に議論されています。"Wasn't it though!" は決まり文句で、他の人の意見に賛同する意味があります。この場合は though の辞書的意味にはこだわらないことです。 2. trip = 転ぶ 3. taking a good book with... 待ち時間をつぶすのに読む本を持っていくとよい

yoroshikuhide
質問者

お礼

どうも連続してお答えいただきありがとうございました。たいへんすばらしい解説を頂き、助かりました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文法の問題ですが

英文法の問題ですが My roommate sprained his ankle in a bicycle accident, but ( )his condition,he is going to go on the trip to Colorado this weekend. (1)in spite of (2)even though この2つのうちのどちらかをいれるという問題なのですが、どちらも『にはかかわらず』という意味なのですが(1)が正解はらしいです。どうして(1)がせいかいになるのでしょうか?

• going on a trip について

どこかで、「趣味はgoing on a trip」 と書いてあり、 こういう時にgo onを使うの??って思って 辞書でgo onを調べると、『続ける、進む』などなどの意味が 出ていましたが「行く」とは書いてありませんでした。 しかし、tripで調べると例文で go on a sightseeing trip to~『~へ観光旅行に行く』 と載っていました。 「旅行へ行く」はgo on ~を使うのですか? go toだと思っていたのですが・・・ 英語がダメダメな私に誰か愛の手を~~

• TOEFLのプラクティステストにある問題で理解できません(1)

(w)I just heard that there are going to be showers on and off all weekend. (m) There goes the picnic! (narrator) What does the man mean? この会話文で、回答が It's not going to rain. なのですが、どのような意味なのでしょうか?

• 英訳お願いします。

If things went well, to try the return trip from New York back to the West Coast. he wasn't taking much with him,not even a parachute.

• TOEFL WRITINGの添削願います

都会にある大学と田舎にある大学どちらに行きたいですか?という問題に対しての回答です 添削願います Of these two alternatives, I would like to go university in a large city for the following reasons. First, when I want to buy a book, I would go to a big book store to find the book. It is easier to find the book than small town. And if I should become sick, I would go to a big hospital. Large city has many kind of facility, it gratifies my need. On the other hand, small city has lack of facility, although you might see the breathtaking view and can forget hustle and bustle of the city, it could not content me as a student. Second, since a large city lives many people than small city, I have an opportunity to meet close friend or might meet rival. Close friend would help me when I was in trouble, good rival always stimulate me. To beat him I will study hard. Rivals existences exert a beneficial impact on me and I am sure that it can lead to take good score. Finally, even though I am student, I cannot study all through the year, need take a rest. When I have spare time, I would go to a game center to get rid of my stress, and art museum to feast of my eyes. While I have to self-control to avoid getting addicted to them, it is very good to refresh. For these reasons, I would like to go to university in a large city, it is a far better choice as a place to study. 全部添削いただかなくても気になったところだけでも構いません、是非宜しくお願いします

• 適切なものを選ぶ問題です。

適切なものを選ぶ問題です。 解いてみましたが不安です。 間違いがあれば教えてください。 解説などあればうれしいです。 よろしくお願いします。 1.You will find ( ) finish the job in a day. (1)difficult it to (2)it difficult to (3)to difficult it (4)to it difficult ⇒(2)? 2.Mary need someone ( ) care of her baby. (1)who take (2)to be taken (3)taking (4)to take ⇒(4)? 3.Ms.Jones went to her office ( ) that the windows were broken. (1)finds (2)found (3)to find (4)to finding ⇒(3)? 4.My father told me ( ) in the river. (1)don't swim (2)not to swim (3)to not swim (4)swim not ⇒(2)? 5.Linda has just returned from Australia. She seems to ( ) her trip. (1)enjoy (2)enjoys (3)enjoyed (4)have enjoyed ⇒(1)? 6.Mr. Brown is ( ) to buy the car. (1)enough rich (2)rich enough (3)enough of rich (4)rich of enough ⇒(2)? 7.I don't know ( ) next. (1)what to do (2)what of doing (3)what do (4)about doing what ⇒(1)?

• この英語の問題の解答を教えてください。

この英語の問題の解答を教えてください。 次の( )に適切なものを選びなさい。 1,"Our trip to tokyo was fun,wasn't it?'' "Yes,it was great! I'm really looking forward ( ) there again sometime'' a,go b,going c,to go d,to going 2,"How did you do on the test?" "I don't know.For some reason, they've put off ( ) the resolts until the end of the month'' a, announce b,announcement c,annoucing d,to announce 正しい英文になるように( )内の動詞を現在分詞または過去分詞に変えて適切な箇所にいれ、全文を書きなさい。 1,The boy is afraid of that dog.(bark) 2,They took the man to the hospital.(injure) 3,The woman tea over there is Ms.Morita.(drink) 4,Look at the basket with floweres.(fill) 5,The tall building by the library is the city hall.(stand)

• 疑問文について

この英文の意味を厳密に教えてください。 so it is not going to be good? No. あと、この文って否定疑問文というものですか?

• rage blackouts

summerの言ったI suffer from rage blackoutsの意味を教えてください Seth : Well, you did agree to take this little trip down to mexico. Summer : I needed a ride. Seth : We shared the same bed. Summer : I wasn't going to sleep on the couch, it smelled like these eggs Seth : You ate my toast, Summer. Summer : I like crusts, Seth. Seth : Face it, our chemistry is undeniable. Summer : You know what else is undeniable? Seth : What? Summer : the pain this fork is going to cause when i jam it into your EYE. Summer : (apologetic smile) I suffer from rage blackouts.

• Going well until it wasn'

All was going well, until it wasn'tの意味はなんでしょうか? うまく検索できませんでした。 It wasn't until~ の強調構文に似ていますが、その場合 Everything is going well until I kick a big rock. のように肯定形で使われるようです。