How TV Has Changed Our Lives

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Before television, people relied on newspapers and radio for news and went to the theater or movies for entertainment.
  • In the early days, TV was limited to black and white shows with only one or two channels that aired in the afternoons and evenings. Watching TV was a family or social event.
  • TV started broadcasting in color in 1954, and by 1970, there were 37 million color sets in the US. Nowadays, TV sets are cheaper and there are 24-hour news and hundreds of channels, making it a daily part of our lives.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

Used to の問題

The topics mentioned in the text. A Small Screen, Some Big Changes (文)…..How has TV changed our lives? Before television, people got their news from the newspapers or the radio. For entertainment, they went to the theater to see live shows or music, or they went to the movies. What was TV like in the early days? TV started to become popular in the 1950s. In 1950, there were about 10 million televisions in the US. All the shows were in black and white. There were only one or two channels and they were only on in the afternoons and evenings. How did people watch TAV back then? In the early days of television, the family used to watch TV together because there was usually only one TV at home. The new idea of the “TV dinner” (frozen food that you can just heat up and serve) became popular. In those days, watching TV was a family or social event. People were amazed that they could see live sports in their homes or get the latest news instantly. How has TV changed? In 1954, TV networks started to broadcast in color and by 1970, there were 37 million color sets in the US. Nowadays, TV sets are cheaper. We have 24-hour news and hundreds of channels. TV is no longer amazing. It is an accepted part of our daily lives. (問題)read the text again. How did it use to be? 質問 (For example….) 1. Nowadays people get their news from the TV or the Internet. 答え people used to get their news from the newspaper or the radio. 質問 2. Families often have more than one TV at home now. 答え The family used to watch usually only one TV at home. 質問 3. TV shows are in color today. 答え TV used to watch black and white. 質問 4. Nowadays there are hundreds of channels. 答え TV used to watch only one or two channels. 質問 5. TV shows are on all day and night now. 答え TV show used to watch only on in the afternoons and evenings. 2.~5.の問題の答えに自信がありません。 答え合わせをして下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Aman_Jack
  • ベストアンサー率43% (110/255)
回答No.1

質問の1は例題でしょうか? 2~5はどれも不正解です。どれも "used to watch" を使われていますが、それぞれの質問文の動詞に合わせて考える必要があります。ほとんど回答になってしまいますが、以下のヒントを参考に文を作成してみて下さい。 2. Families used to have ... 3. TV shows used to be ... 4. There used to be ... 5. TV shows used to be ...

troop5648
質問者

お礼

大変参考になりました。教えて頂き有難う御座いました。

関連するQ&A

• Used to の使い方

【問題】 Complete the sentences. Use the correct forms of used to and the verbs in parentheses. 【例】1. Amelia didn’t use to sing. But she used to dance. (not sing/dance) 2. Emma (not study hard/read a lot) 答…..Emma didn’t use to study hard but she used to read a lot. 3. Eric (not play soccer/swim) 答…..Eric didn’t use to play soccer but he used to swim. 4. Tim and Dan (not ride bikes/go running) 答…..Tim and Dan didn’t use to ride bikes but they used to go running. 5. We (not study chemistry/study biology) 答…..We didn’t use to study chemistry but we used to study biology. 6. My friends (not watch DVDs/go to the movies) 答…..My friends didn’t use to watch DVDs but we used to go to the movies. 2.~5. の答えのチェックをして下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• used to動詞の原形 と 単純過去形 

以下に私が調べた内容を列挙します。 1.英語サイト1 used to :習慣が現在において全く生じていないことを意味するのだが、このことは過去時制が持っている意味と変わりはないといえる。しかし、used toを用いることで、そのことが強調されるのである。 http://www.englishcafe.jp/tense2/2-3-1.html 2.英語サイト2 過去形は言われたことは終わっているいることになります。よってすべて現在とは反対になります。 3.Yahoo辞書1 (1)((過去の常習的行為・習慣))(以前[昔]は)よく…した(ものだった), …するのが常だった, …する習慣だった (今はそうではないという含みをもつ) She (always) used to go to the museum on Sundays. 日曜日なると(いつも)その博物館に行ったものだった She used not to go shopping in the morning. 彼女は午前中に買いものに行く習慣はなかった. (2)((過去の状態))(以前[昔]は)…だった There used to be a police box on the corner. 昔はその角に交番があった http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?enc=UTF-8&p=used+to&dtype=1&dname=1na&stype=0&pagenum=1&index=07757400 4.Yahoo辞書2 以前ここには病院はなかった There never used to be a hospital here = In former days there was not a hospital here http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?enc=UTF-8&p=%E3%81%84%E3%81%9C%E3%82%93&dtype=3&stype=1&dname=2ss 5.Yahoo辞書3 私たちはかつて京都に住んでいた We used to live in Kyoto = We once lived [formerly lived] in Kyoto. http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/dsearch?enc=UTF-8&p=%E3%81%8B%E3%81%A4%E3%81%A6&dtype=3&stype=1&dname=2ss そこで質問です。 質問1.上記の文例と同様に下記も基本的に同じ意味(前者は強調)でしょうか。 She used to be slender. She was once slender. 質問2.たとえば30年前の旅行のスナップ写真を見ながら、「この写真には写っていないが、近くに素敵なペンションがあったんだよ。」と話をするとき、 “今は無いよ。”ということがわかっていれば、There used to be ~、又は There was ~という表現が使えますが、“今はあるかないかわからない”という場合でもThere used to be ~またはThere was ~は使えるでしょうか。 同様に、20年前の恋人のことを知人に、「(今は知らないが)当時はslenderだったんだよ」と言う場合はどうでしょうか。 質問3.下記英文は、なぜ“今はそうではない“という意味が含まれていることになるのでしょうか。 What did he use to say in that case. (彼はそんな時なんと言っていたのですか。)

• TOEICの問題です。教えてください。

Because of the fire in the building, there were______50 injured people taken to the neighboring hospital. A) estimation B) estimated C)an estimated D) estimating 答えは、C)だそうですが、なぜ50injured peopleなのに an がつくのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• used toということは今は何なのか?

"Touching Down Lightly" is your new album with only one track of 47 minutes. I consider that musicians that create long music's are the ones who really know how to make music. Do you share my thought? That's an interesting point of view, I clearly get what you mean. I used to consider that when a musician composed a very long work, he couldn't do it without a lot of heart and conviction. I thought, for example, Morton Feldman couldn't create a 3 or 4 hour piece without having a lot to put in it. Same for LaMonte Young's incredibly long drones, or an opera by Olivier Messiaen lasting 4 hours and a half. And I had this fantasy of composing a long piece myself. I never really did it, but this time I felt I needed something long, in just one part. "Touching Down Lightly" is improvised music. Anyway, the difference with composition is very slight. This kind of improv, very quiet and extremely slow, is like a composition in real time. It's not a matter of knowing how to make music. It's more about the need: the need to make a piece that can last and to feel powerful enough to do that while you're performing. And this recording was made with heart and conviction. この英文についてですが、まず、言いたい事は (第一パラグラフ) どんなミュージシャンも、情熱と確信がなければ長い曲は作れなかっただろう。 そして俺は、長い曲を作るという夢のような考えを(今回)持つ事が出来た。今までは出来なかったけど。 たった一曲の長い曲を必要としたんだ。 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (第二パラグラフ) それは曲の作り方を知っているかどうかの問題ではない。欲求の問題だ。欲求は曲を作り続けさせてくれ、演奏の間十分なパワーを感じさせてくれる。それと、このレコーディングは情熱と確信によって作られたんだ。 それぞれをまとめるとこんな感じだと思うのですが、1つだけ引っかかっている事があります。 それは、なぜ彼は冒頭でused to を使ったのか?これは「かつて」という意味になります。 つまり、「今は違う」ということになるのではないか? この部分を無視して読めば上記のまとめ通りにすんなり読めるのですが、このひと言があると、「かつてはってことは今は何なの?」と、ずーーっともやもやしながら読み続けていまいます。それにかつては、情熱と確信がなければ長い曲は作れなかっただろう。と思っていたということなのに、ラストではそれと、このレコーディングは情熱と確信によって作られたんだ。となっています。「じゃあかつては、じゃなくて今も思っているのでは」となるのですが・・・。 used toがもの凄く引っかかってしまうのです・・・。 この部分の解釈についてアドバイスをください。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 「“There were many people in the par

「“There were many people in the park.”という英文を否定文にしなさい。」という問題で、“There were no many people in the park.”という答えは正しいですか? 教えてください。よろしくおねがいします。

• 和訳お願いします

Most people now watch a lot of movies and TV on the Internet. People used to read a lot of articles in the past, but not anymore. People now spend too much time connecting with other people using the Internet. The Internet allows us to create our own work and connect with many people.

• 英訳の問題です。

中学の英訳の問題です。 「彼女はテレビを見るためにそこに立ち止まりました。」を She stopped to watch TV there. としたのですが 解答は She stopped there to watch TV. となっていました。 自分の解答ではダメでしょうか。お願いします。

• people present など後ろから語句を修飾する場合に・・

people present など後ろから語句を修飾する場合に・・ people present, a person responsibleなどの叙述用法についてお伺いしたいのですが、いわゆる限定用法しか持ち合わせていないとされる形容詞以外は全て後ろから修飾させることができるのでしょうか?例えば以下のような感じです。 There were ten people in the room. And,,, -the people angry were three. (怒っていたのは3人) -the guy funny was only one. (面白かったのは1人だけ) -the girl cute was Jennifer. (可愛かったのはジェニファー) よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文as ~asの使い方とused to

本を読む量が減ったからといって、今の若い人の知的欲求が少なくなったと即断しては間違いでしょう。 Just because young people these days don't read as many books as they used to (beいる?)、 it doesn't mean that they are not as (muchいる?)interested in things as they used to (beいる?) ( )の中が疑問です 教えて下さい。大阪市立大の英作文の問題です

• えいご

I do not know Japanese comedians. I watched a lot of different Japanese humorous shows on YouTube. In Japan, make interesting and exciting TV shows. I really like to watch I read that from May in Japan there will be a new era of Rave. Tell me what will happen in the future and what will change in Japan? Raveの意味は?きがくるう?レイワ? 即位のことですかよろしくお願いします。